Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Raenir Salazar posted:

Thank you!!! There's also something that elicits the feeling of biting a plastic spoon turned sideways but I forget what does that.

Probably biting on a plastic spoon when it’s turned sideways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Raenir Salazar posted:

Thank you!!! There's also something that elicits the feeling of biting a plastic spoon turned sideways but I forget what does that.
for me, its getting x-rays for my dental checkup

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Coaaab posted:

for me, its getting x-rays for my dental checkup

Oh yeah, bite wings are awful

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Raenir Salazar posted:

Chewing on a lollipop stick?

Must be something squeaky.

Lurking Haro fucked around with this message at 02:19 on May 2, 2022

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

bubble is a beautiful but boring and completely vapid movie, do not recommend

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

As someone who chews on icecubes I am shocked to learn that cold on teeth bothers people so much :aaaaa:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I just finished reading all of Komi Can't Communicate; another cute series with a fun, comfortable vibe to it

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I finished Shimeji Simulation and then binged Girl's Last Tour.

I need more stuff with that sort of vibe and I've already read most of what Dowman Sayman's put out.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

...... well this is as good a segue as I'm ever gonna get to post it here, so...

Waffleman_ posted:

Also man, there's just a certain texture to the aesthetic of 90s fantasy anime that I always adore.

Reminder that 1995 thought it was a good idea to make a Mega Man X boss gently caress forest animals.

I'm not kidding. Neon Tiger fucks animals and has one for a girlfriend. This is official Mega Man X canon.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together

Leraika posted:

I need more stuff with that sort of vibe and I've already read most of what Dowman Sayman's put out.

For the Immortal Children in the Galaxy and Imitation Crystal's works like Spectral Wizard might be what you are looking for.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Julias posted:

Why would I suck on a banana?
Suck the banana, Julias.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

marumaru
May 20, 2013

dogsicle posted:

yeah, agreed. the only redeeming quality is the art. the plot is tedious and extremely telegraphed and i didn't even like the music.
it was interesting to see them use the same ultra high quality close-up frames they did in vivy, you can tell it was being produced at the same time as that

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Yak of Wrath posted:

For the Immortal Children in the Galaxy and Imitation Crystal's works like Spectral Wizard might be what you are looking for.

Immortal Children was a bit too dark/heavy for me but I liked Spectral Wizard very much!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Peenus

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
About time to watch some slayers again

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
Hell yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9oo-ZPB5oI

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I have had my DVD box set of the first three seasons of Slayers for over a decade and even have it signed by Lina's English VA, but I've still never seen all of Try, lol

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Make a Slayers Season 6 already you cowards (or at least a movie/special)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They are doing literally everything else with the franchise right now for its anniversary and it's so frustrating.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Slayers’ OPs are all great but S1 is especially a banger. It’s supposed to be Lina’s actor doing it, right?

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Last Celebration posted:

Slayers’ OPs are all great but S1 is especially a banger. It’s supposed to be Lina’s actor doing it, right?

All Megumi Hayashibara

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Last Celebration posted:

Megumi's done all the Slayers OPs if I recall correctly, yes (and possibly the EDs as well)

Speaking of, is she a personal friend of Kanzaka or something (she had a prominent role in Lost Universe as well)?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 18:09 on May 2, 2022

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I thought I heard she did them but the difference between the Lina voice and her normal one is so jarring that I wasn’t 100% sure.

Still think it’s surreal af that she’s Jessie from Pokémon and Rei…

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Last Celebration posted:

I thought I heard she did them but the difference between the Lina voice and her normal one is so jarring that I wasn’t 100% sure.

Still think it’s surreal af that she’s Jessie from Pokémon and Rei…

She's also Faye Valentine and female Ranma!

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Larryb posted:

Megumi's done all the Slayers OPs if I recall correctly, yes (and possibly the EDs as well)

Speaking of, is she a personal friend of Kanzaka or something (she had a prominent role in Lost Universe as well)?

She was probably one of the most accomplished seiyuu in the 90s and was a genuine crossover star. She probably could take any role she wanted.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Pompo coming out on BD in July, that seems like a quicker turnaround from GKIDS than usual from theater to disc

https://twitter.com/ShoutFactory/status/1521178410302779392?s=20&t=_9XDvqoqdNnbboWBgaLS7w

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Fluffdaddy posted:

She was probably one of the most accomplished seiyuu in the 90s and was a genuine crossover star. She probably could take any role she wanted.

She’s still a pretty big name in Japan even to this day for that matter

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Megumi Hayashibara is the strongest in all the land

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

Megumi Hayashibara is the strongest in all the land

Masako Nozawa is up there as well (the woman is in her 80’s and can still do all the requirements needed for voicing Goku)

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Leraika posted:

Try something by panpanya
And Daidai wa, Hantoumei ni Nidone suru.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

sinky posted:

Try something by panpanya
And Daidai wa, Hantoumei ni Nidone suru.

these look like great picks! I'm currently going through Machiko's One Thousand and One Nights, which is an older (1980s) collection of the same kind of thing. It's fun!

e:

Leraika fucked around with this message at 19:42 on May 2, 2022

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Waffleman_ posted:

She's also Faye Valentine and female Ranma!

She had a range that I don't think anyone else has ever come close to.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Paracelsus posted:

She had a range that I don't think anyone else has ever come close to.

She’s still alive/doing voice work but yeah (for example, Rei was a pretty big departure from the kind of character she typically plays and she still nailed it)

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

If they bring back Slayers then I hope they bring back Naga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbfaF5otJv0

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

sb hermit posted:

If they bring back Slayers then I hope they bring back Naga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbfaF5otJv0

They sort of brought her back in Evolution-R in a roundabout way but yeah (her Japanese actress is still alive/working right?), particularly since she’s apparently Ameila’s estranged older sister so it’d be nice to get some interaction between those two

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Larryb posted:

They sort of brought her back in Evolution-R in a roundabout way but yeah (her Japanese actress is still alive/working right?), particularly since she’s apparently Ameila’s estranged older sister so it’d be nice to get some interaction between those two

The meet in the Slayers Royal games, but I doubt that pair of 25 year old SRW alikes are going to get rereleased for the anniversary.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Another White Cane Girl is very good and cute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ardeem posted:

The meet in the Slayers Royal games, but I doubt that pair of 25 year old SRW alikes are going to get rereleased for the anniversary.

Never heard of those, were they any good out of curiosity (and were they ever released in the west or have at least been fan translated)?