Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Triticum Guzzler posted:

its really amazing how the actions of goons and mods are so freaking far beyond the pale that its actually impossible for a bystander to believe.

proposal: i am going to make an environmentally sustainable yoga retreat in hawaii

reality: a y2k survivalist paid goons a "food stipend" to help me clearcut a rainforest, dig a road by hand, torture and mutilate animals to death on camera, and bathe in/drink from an improperly filtered kiddy pool that wild hogs poo poo and pissed in

proposal: i am going to make a fun zipline for kids at camp

reality: a goon spent tens of thousands of dollars constructing a machine that kills children, entirely by accident

proposal: a fad diet thread in the exercise forum

reality: a mentally ill man resembling a melted candle, the pied piper of ham joints, told people that eating nothing but eggs and bacon and lard in paint buckets (they were literally buying and eating buckets full of lard in the name of good health) would not only make them lose weight, but was so healthy it would cure heart disease and cancer. an enormous fat powerlifter who cant run for 20 seconds probated and banned anyone who challenged this wisdom until it lead to a man barely in his 20s being prescribed statins.

proposal: a thread about animal husbandry in the pet forum

reality: a moderator unrepentantly killed animals with ac/dc hadoukens and probated people who asked questions

proposal: a forum for "responsible drug users" and "harm reduction"

reality: a man falls through the earth and into parisian catacombs. taking a torch from the wall he spies row upon row of skeletons. grasping the nearest by the shoulders, he shakes it madly, yelling "my nigga have u tried lsd"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

barbecue at the folks posted:

The "best" thing about reading old TCC threads is seeing all the permabanned posters and realizing that they are banned for dying from OD'ng, not from shitposting. I think there was literally a poster (posters?) who began with "i'm just gonna start doing some recreational heroin like all the cool peeps around here are doing no worries i know what i'm doing" and their account gets banned after a year or so, having run their entire life off a cliff. I was in my early twenties and still interested in trying out all kinds of poo poo, but reading TCC scared me straight from ever getting involved with serious drugs. (H)arm reduction at work :smith:

Perhaps the worst examples were the posters that went "Hey I'm gonna try [drug]" -> "Yo this owns!" -> "Absolutely ruined my life with this, never ever again" -> some months pass -> "So how about [drug], thinking about getting some more of that..."

:smith:

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

Malachite_Dragon posted:

and also one very tilted ex-mod who got mad they faced actual consequences for suggesting someone take LSD instead of going to rehab when they said they wanted to stop doing drugs.

i know i've said this before somewhere but this is probably one of the funniest of the sad things i've ever seen on this site. there is legit research into using extremely small doses of LSD to combat addiction, and the mod basically decided that meant taking a massive dose would let a person speedrun rehab like it was TCCGDQ

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

lol every single time

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

90s Cringe Rock posted:

The ocarina joke isn't an SA original. Bluelight or somewhere I think. SWIM thinks.
alt.drugs or the Hive before Bluelight as far as SWIM

ocarina hospital teleport is an SA original, somewhere in this archived thread according to this post

stringless has a new favorite as of 09:26 on May 3, 2022

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

CaptainViolence posted:

i know i've said this before somewhere but this is probably one of the funniest of the sad things i've ever seen on this site. there is legit research into using extremely small doses of LSD to combat addiction, and the mod basically decided that meant taking a massive dose would let a person speedrun rehab like it was TCCGDQ

The fact that there even was a krokodil thread in TCC tells you all you need to know about the place.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Drugs are cool. Most users are deeply lame

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

barbecue at the folks posted:

The "best" thing about reading old TCC threads is seeing all the permabanned posters and realizing that they are banned for dying from OD'ng, not from shitposting. I think there was literally a poster (posters?) who began with "i'm just gonna start doing some recreational heroin like all the cool peeps around here are doing no worries i know what i'm doing" and their account gets banned after a year or so, having run their entire life off a cliff. I was in my early twenties and still interested in trying out all kinds of poo poo, but reading TCC scared me straight from ever getting involved with serious drugs. (H)arm reduction at work :smith:

It's a better anti drugs resource than DARE could ever dream of.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Cocaine Bear posted:

A Motorola razr and a smashed-to-poo poo Gen 2 iPhone? This is some top level poo poo! Increase the budget!

Splicer posted:

Budget already increased by ~$600

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Are you missing a few zeros?

BiggerBoat posted:

Yeah, I count three in the photo

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
i want a taschen-level quality coffee table book of cops proudly posing by their lovely busts. here's eight officers from Nebraska huddled around a folding table with $17.36, a tomato knife and a freezer bag full of stems. here's the captain and his top men grinning like baboons at their contraband haul of some bandanas, a tre-bag from the 90s, and some loose off brand ziplocs. thank god they turned out the whole force in Butte to get those loose cigs off the street before some psycho tried to sell them.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

The department really needed that IFV, so they could keep the NOS cartridges and edibles off the streets.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

SiKboy posted:

Honestly theres too many sharp edges and weird corners for that to read as a cast of a bone to me.

Essentially what I'm saying here is that its too square to be hip.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
:dadjoke:

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

nice

shelley
Nov 8, 2010

FFT posted:

alt.drugs or the Hive before Bluelight as far as SWIM

ocarina hospital teleport is an SA original, somewhere in this archived thread according to this post

i mean, here’s the bluelight post in question and it’s clearly about an RC cannabinoid, not da joose :shrug:

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

i want a taschen-level quality coffee table book of cops proudly posing by their lovely busts. here's eight officers from Nebraska huddled around a folding table with $17.36, a tomato knife and a freezer bag full of stems. here's the captain and his top men grinning like baboons at their contraband haul of some bandanas, a tre-bag from the 90s, and some loose off brand ziplocs. thank god they turned out the whole force in Butte to get those loose cigs off the street before some psycho tried to sell them.
can we get a special appendix for the kent police problem solving task force

the haul: two bushes and a bench from the local park

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Ainsley McTree posted:

say what you want about my posting but nobody ever had to call the cops about it

BadSamaritan posted:

we all know cops don’t give a poo poo about dealing with real crimes, anyway

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

There's a "lovely crime guns" thread in tfr with pics of guns confiscated by police from all over. The British cops routinely seize, like, an ounce of weed and a potato peeler.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

90s Cringe Rock posted:

can we get a special appendix for the kent police problem solving task force

the haul: two bushes and a bench from the local park

I’m a fan of “a trowel and a piece of string” and also the infamous bike wheel.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Blue Footed Booby posted:

There's a "lovely crime guns" thread in tfr with pics of guns confiscated by police from all over. The British cops routinely seize, like, an ounce of weed and a potato peeler.

Will they ever leave the Irish alone

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Oh you fucker

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
A lot of the more iconic TCC stuff came from the benzo's thread circa late 00s and early 10s. The terming "eyeballing' become a inside joke as people were literally guessing how much to take of a drug with a dose threshold in the milligrams. The long and short of it was that other then the heroin thread the joose thread was the number 1 spot for people to go "hey, tried this once, was great" followed shortly after with "so, I pretty much ruined my life"
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3230894

quote:

holy poo poo where to begin. I tried just a little and it was great. Slept most of the day. Few weeks later monday, i try a little more. I wake up tuesday night with a broken arm from crashing my motorcycle in a parking lot,, walk 30 miles the wrong direction home, in the middle of the night, Cop pulls me aside and wis wondering where I’m going (home No ID No money, no cellphone, but keys thankfully), I fail a sobriety test as it as 30 or so out raining and I was cold shivering so i think i got some leniancy. Thankfully he gave me a lift. Wakup wednesday to an email that said if I wasn’t in the hospital i was fired, and my fiances father called and said if I called her again he’d get a restraining order.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Milo and POTUS posted:

Oh you fucker

It's just O'Fucker in Irish. It's not a contraction.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

More like O'Painless

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

quote:

I bought a sheet of Che Guevara blotter paper off the net to apply mine to once it arrives. I got that one because it's just a simple black and white of the iconic picture everyone knows and I'm worried about ingesting a load of toxic ink. I have no idea how they print them but it seems like an unhealthy thing to eat. I would have gotten a blank sheet if I could. I sure as hell wouldn't make my own with an inkjet printer.

-----

I just had one square so i'll see if I turn into a ragging zombie.

-----

Took this shiuff on friday, maybe onyta a few git or ` 10 I don;r remenef Now a day leter and i feell on other planet, track a 6 pod tea to sttle down. Cant barlwly walk or anthing.

I can't have goone far or downwaything
Thisi stuff with will wreck you and make
Thnkgg I just need freech air

-----

I kook my first does friday and now it suddenly monday,I ‘m still too cross-eyed to write properly but never really had any positive effect during that time. Cant’ wait for this poo poo ti sbe to gone so I can juct get on wth wahat i’m doing.
Had a few fhours oa work and feel better. Very hard to forn any thoughtsm feel dizzy and crosseyed and very tried. I reality hope ll these clocks are correct.
Total zonbification.
Don’t think i’ll do again. Nasy Hangover at this amount.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

The joose stories with the ambulance drivers, which I think were actually from Ukraine?, or one of the former Eastern Europe Soviet satellites, were some of the best things ever posted. I don't even know if they were real or another 50-foot-ant style writer but I don't care because they were extremely entertaining.

edit: ahaha I just went searching for them and apparently I posted about this two years ago and had found the link then, which is very handy, thanks me! (link is to first story, the other stories are a few pages later)

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3204587&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=26#post367485310

VVV separate story from another user, but same substance

SyNack Sassimov has a new favorite as of 00:53 on May 4, 2022

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
Isn’t that the one with “Mod’s note: it wasnt monday. Anywhere. “

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

seiferguy posted:

Babies in heaven, the eternal paradise, happy that other kids won't be coming in?

Babies have gentrified heaven, smdh

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

lament.cfg posted:

They did slurpery on an ape

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Yeah I still don't get it now STOP EXPLAINING

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
If I ever understand how NFT's work and think they are cool and good please fire me out of a cannon into a brick wall tia.

Isn't the money in my bank account an NFT? Isn't all stock an NFT?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
In the end aren't the real nfts the slurpies we got along the way?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Outrail posted:

If I ever understand how NFT's work and think they are cool and good please fire me out of a cannon into a brick wall tia.

Isn't the money in my bank account an NFT? Isn't all stock an NFT?

No, those things are fungible. Like the $32 in your account doesn't refer to 32 specific bills kept in a file, any dollar you have in a bank is replaceable by any other dollar. Comparatively a ticket to wrestlemania is a unique thing for a specific seat, so that is not fungible.

Baron von Eevl has a new favorite as of 21:24 on May 4, 2022

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I could have gotten a slurpy? I normally pay extra for that.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
If you don't know what an NFT is and you buy one you're dumb.

If you DO know what an NFT is and you buy one you are extremely loving dumb.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I been slurped

All my juice gone

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Baron von Eevl posted:

No, those things are fungible. Like the $32 in your account doesn't refer to 32 specific bills kept in a file, any dollar you have in a bank is replaceable by any other dollar. Comparatively a ticket to wrestlemania is a unique thing for a specific seat, so that is not fungible.

lol

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Baron von Eevl posted:

None of those words better be true, fucker <:mad:>

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

These slurp posts have really ramped up!

(This is a post only for other Toronto LAN thread posters/lurkers so don't fret if this amazing reference goes over your head)

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

haveblue posted:

I been slurped

All my juice gone
Did you drink it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender