Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Veotax posted:

I think it's set in it's own universe, it just weirdly lines up with Batman being dead in both (or "dead", at least).
The Rocksteady Suicide Squad game is supposed to be set in the Arkham universe, apparently.

I'd honestly be more jazzed about a game that was less open world and more tight like the original Arkham Asylum.

I also always wait a console generation and stay behind that curve because it's cheaper and usually the only real feature is (slightly) better graphics and faster load times but I don't mind that. I'm not dropping $500 bucks for a new console or buying a new TV to play poo poo I can enjoy in 2 or 3 years and pick up at a yard sale so long as I'm patient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm actually kind of glad they're not doing previous gen versions because that's been a big problem with this transition. Where nothing outside of PS5 exclusives have really felt "next gen" because they keep having to make the previous version too.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

JordanKai posted:

https://twitter.com/CS11__/status/1524016314649616384

A lot of people on social media are upset at Jason Todd's Gotham Knights design, but I think it's pretty good. I think this linebacker look fits him much better than his comic appearance, and it helps differentiate him from Dick Grayson. The two are almost indistinguishable in the comics sometimes.

I have read very, very little stuff with Jason Todd in it, but didn't he initially have much lighter colored hair that Batman made him dye black so he'd look like OG Robin, back before Death in the Family?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Skwirl posted:

I have read very, very little stuff with Jason Todd in it, but didn't he initially have much lighter colored hair that Batman made him dye black so he'd look like OG Robin, back before Death in the Family?

No, that was something Morrison retconned in their run. Here's his first appearance:

EDIT: Actually, you're right. He had red hair pre-Crisis. That's his post-crisis origin.

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 19:09 on May 10, 2022

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Some people are just cussed and ornery because of some FUD that happened like ten years ago, or maybe it's the small handful of exclusives. Gotta let it go. I did, and I'm way happier.

I'm not really interested in any of the new machines yet, but Wolverine and Spider-Man 2 looming on the (distant) horizon makes me reluctant towards the Xbox options, even if Gamepass is a remarkable value and Microsoft owns like 40% of video games now.

also while I'm not opposed to giving Jason a distinct design...

...they made him a space marine. Out of all the possible options, they went with the least distinct, most generic one possible. He is now only unique looking in the context of Bruce Tim and Dick all looking like each other.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Endless Mike posted:

No, that was something Morrison retconned in their run. Here's his first appearance:

EDIT: Actually, you're right. He had red hair pre-Crisis. That's his post-crisis origin.

That's the worst looking Batmobile I've ever seen.

OnimaruXLR posted:

I'm not really interested in any of the new machines yet, but Wolverine and Spider-Man 2 looming on the (distant) horizon makes me reluctant towards the Xbox options, even if Gamepass is a remarkable value and Microsoft owns like 40% of video games now.

also while I'm not opposed to giving Jason a distinct design...

...they made him a space marine. Out of all the possible options, they went with the least distinct, most generic one possible. He is now only unique looking in the context of Bruce Tim and Dick all looking like each other.

Yeah, I don't know why Todd would be so huge. I guess it makes sense that Dick is shorter than him since real life gymnasts tend to be on the shorter side, and I assume that's true for acrobats as well, but I always felt he should look like the older brother to the rest of the bat family.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 19:36 on May 10, 2022

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That looks more like Spider-Man than the Arkham games. But in a bad way, because I don't want to chase people on bikes. Whereas web-swinging was super fun.

Hopefully they only write story missions for 1-2 characters instead of 4, because yeah, that can get pretty generic otherwise. Doesn't look like the greatest thing, but looks better than Suicide Squad at least.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Jason was the early bird that ate all the worms

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Look at this Destiny rear end garbage —

https://twitter.com/literallynwah/status/1524160359589982211?s=20&t=s6erz0_f5fEELlF2pmW1hw

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I am interested in the game. It does not look terrible to me.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I hope there is some kind of demo for the game because it looks interesting but not interesting enough for me to go ahead and sink $60 on a gamble.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

MonsterEnvy posted:

I am interested in the game. It does not look terrible to me.

Same except the exact opposite

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

https://twitter.com/SIM0NJESS/status/1524055660400414720

Didn't know Gotham Knights was set in the New 52 universe. :newlol:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Does she need to have been Oracle in this universe? Arkham made sense because it gave an excuse for there to be a AAA game radio voice in Batman's ear, but....

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Waffleman_ posted:

Does she need to have been Oracle in this universe? Arkham made sense because it gave an excuse for there to be a AAA game radio voice in Batman's ear, but....

And also Asylum was intended to be in the comic universe at the time, until City they decided to spin it into their own universe.

Also, jesus, take that disabled people. All you need is your Dad to die and Willpower to walk again.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Would have been cooler if she was still in the wheelchair and you could combo enemies like in that Transformers Devastation game.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bunnyofdoom posted:

Also, jesus, take that disabled people. All you need is your Dad to die and Willpower to walk again.

That's how Bruce did it.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Pull yourself up by your batarangs.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

OK, I'm all for suspension of disbelief but where did Nightwing get the big glider from? Also, playing a guy running around shooting poo poo doesn't look very fun to me.

Just give me another Asylum game that uses more villains and changes up the story and layout. I still think that first one was probably the best game overall.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

bunnyofdoom posted:

Yeah. Just walk it off.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

BiggerBoat posted:

OK, I'm all for suspension of disbelief but where did Nightwing get the big glider from?

He got first place in Fortnite.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Dick would.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

The glider thing is hilarious. Doesn't he have a wingsuit-style thing built into his suit already in the comics?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If it's good enough for Bruce it's good enough to pander.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

hiddenriverninja posted:

The glider thing is hilarious. Doesn't he have a wingsuit-style thing built into his suit already in the comics?

I think the Red Hood one is funnier because that doesn't make sense on any level.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

BiggerBoat posted:

OK, I'm all for suspension of disbelief but where did Nightwing get the big glider from?

Yeah, where does he get all those wonderful toys?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

muscles like this! posted:

I think the Red Hood one is funnier because that doesn't make sense on any level.

"He uses his SOUL to jump across the air!" Like in the... uh... source material...?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Who among us hasn't soul farted and use the soul farts as a platform to double jump?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Red Hood was dead, but when you get brought back you life you can apparently jump in mid air.

Barbara had her spine broken, but just decided to shrug it off and walk again.

Dick now telepathically controls a glider that appears at will.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I really want to know what Tim's insane thing is going to be now.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Skwirl posted:

I really want to know what Tim's insane thing is going to be now.

Didn't we see it briefly in the first gameplay video? Boom tubes, I believe.

Edit: Or maybe it was tapping into the Watchtower's teleporters? Something like that.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Aphrodite posted:

That's how Bruce did it.

didn't he go on an expensive global trek to rescue his kidnapped cutting edge doctor

or are you talking about in that dumb movie

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

So will anyone swing or is the classic Batman & Robin rope /grappling hook lame now?

And in regards to Dick, I meant the other kind of swing.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Opopanax posted:

Yeah, where does he get all those wonderful toys?

LOL

It just looked so stupid. Giant loving thing appeared out of nowhere and then disappeared when he landed. At least in Batman 89, we saw him break out the toys.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 22:43 on May 11, 2022

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I like how he just like... hangs on. It doesn't strap to his back and carry him, he has to hang by his arms, so he jump right into the fight with sore shoulders.

I bet tim pogos around on his staff

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Soonmot posted:

I like how he just like... hangs on. It doesn't strap to his back and carry him, he has to hang by his arms, so he jump right into the fight with sore shoulders.

He's a trapeze artist.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Soonmot posted:

Look, if we start dissecting how heroes hang on to stuff we're gonna have to discuss how Batman uses his grapple gun (one-handed) in the Arkham games to go fast enough to actually gain altitude and go into gliding. He should be ripping his arm out of socket constantly. Also how his suit gets progressively more damaged in the games and yet he glides around just the same as if he didn't have holes in his cape. It's always better to not put too much thought into superheroes. Agreed Red Hood's soul jump is dumb as poo poo though.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Lobok posted:

So will anyone swing or is the classic Batman & Robin rope /grappling hook lame now?

And in regards to Dick, I meant the other kind of swing.

We see some grappling hook action, seems like if you're near a grapplinghookable ledge a white circle pops up so you can press the button to go there and gain more momentum.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

OnimaruXLR posted:

didn't he go on an expensive global trek to rescue his kidnapped cutting edge doctor

or are you talking about in that dumb movie

In TDKR he does it through sheer willpower, in the comics, his physical therapist/love interest Shondra Kinsolving was actually a metahuman with healing/killing powers who got kidnapped by her brother Ben to use as a WMD. She ends up killing her brother and fully healing Bruce, but the effort regresses her mental state to that of a child.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wait to be clear here people are genuinely discussing the realism of the randomly appearing paraglider, one of the most commonly appearing new features in video games which always basically appears out of thin air?