Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Cartoon Man posted:

Who’s the highest profile NHLer this season to score no goals?

putting aside the defensemen, goaltenders and forwards that only played in a handful of games it's probably Riley Nash? 49 games played on 3 different teams as a forward with 0 goals scored.

including defensemen it's Danny Dekeyser who had 11 assists but no goals in 60 games. Duncan Keith only had the 1 goal on the season and is probably the most notable of the near misses :)

**I for one will always remember Val Nichushkin's 2018-19 season for the Dallas Stars lol. What a legend that big dope is for going to Colorado and turning into an all-star.

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 18:08 on May 16, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I would absolutely let Kapanen walk. Zero interesting qualifying him for what that will cost.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

rex rabidorum vires posted:

IIRC I did a post about what the Pens could possible do to improve and compete again and I was looking, but reading that many Rex posts was painful. Can't imagine how much it sucks for the rest of you :P

Big UFAs - Malkin, Rust, Rakell, Evan Rodrigues, Letang, DeSmith
RFAs - Heinen, Kapanen

Kris Letang - Can they retain him? How hard will he drop off and when and how hard? Please don't give him more than 3 years. The only player that is approaching his capability available on the market is Klingberg. Huge gambles either way this one. The D core needs some surgery though. With how things went with Dumo being out and the team looking more than capable without him...wonder if they consider moving him. I think Pettersson being moved is far far far more likely though and unless Pitt is landing a player such as Jakob Chychrun and Letang somehow continues to function as he has for this last 2 seasons it's kind of a moot point.

Malkin - 8 goals for 2 against 5v5. Also huge liability and directly at fault for multiple shorthanded goals against. I think it would really be best for all parties involved if everyone went their separate ways. He was an astonishingly dominant player until the last few years and now...he isn't :( Ends the season at PPG and 6 in 7 these playoffs. His numbers and production in the series were pretty good...his fancies are really good. I just don't know. So long and off into the sunset of the KHL suits all parties I think and there's no legacy tarnishing nor Pitt saddling themselves with a bad long expensive contract.

Rust - Let him walk. Or run. Please. He's cool and good and he's just turned 30 and please don't give Hyman money and term to him. A very good/nice complementary piece though....and completely replaceable which leads to....
Rakell - I'd like him resigned regardless of what the rest of the team is doing....of course depending on money and term. Slotted onto Sid's line very nicely. Played well on the 2nd line. Seems very much a Sullivan style player.
E Rod - multi year sub 2 million per please? Probably my favorite depth player in a long long time. Very quality utility player.
DeSmith - Ended the season .914. Played pretty well. Might win the series if he doesn't get hurt. IDK...if cheap maybe OK or the Pens look for an upgrade. UFA market is pretty sparse. Ville Husso is a gamble and I think others are more likely to overpay him. Not a whole lot else out there.
Heinen - 33 in 76 playing 12:30 a night and a ton of time bolted to Kapanen. I like him. I think he's capable and useful. Ideally he's more a 3rd liner than a 2nd liner though. Happy to have him assuming cheap'ish
Kapanen - 16 in 30 to start the year. 16 in 49 to end it. Finished with 8.5% shooting. Had one of his worst per 60 years. Finishing with 1.4 points per 60. Averaged 2 pts per 60 while in Toronto. His metrics are *fine*. The huge problems with Kapanen are 1. He can only do 1 thing at a time. 2. He does not read and react at a NHL level. 3. His skating is actually quite bad. Rex....how can you say that? Kapanen is fast I'm told! He is. ONLY if he is facing forward and can stride completely unimpeded in a straight line. He can not change direction laterally at all. It's actually quite incredible. He's very poor at exiting his own zone, the aforementioned speed of game means he can not play quick 1-2 short passes...he just fumbles the puck and has to stop and regroup. I truly believe that Kapanen is not capable of playing fast enough for the Sullivan system. He's slow to make decisions. He's poor at passing and he forechecks very poorly. The best outcome here is Pittsburgh flips him for another pending RFA IMO. Otherwise I guess they have to try and sign him cheap. Despite how deeply flawed he is I don't think you can let him walk.

Cool and good effortpost as always.

I think there is really only one decision to be made here, and everything else flows from it: overpay in term to re-sign Letang, or don't?

Malkin is gone either way, I'm certain. If you do keep Letang then you also keep Rust and Rakell if at all possible and run it back. I don't think 2022 Malkin is an insurmountable loss. E-Rod is going to get overpaid and the Pens won't be able to afford to match in this scenario.

If you don't keep Letang then the Pens won't make the playoffs regardless of what else they do. The right play in this scenario is let everyone walk and get in the tank.

I'm pretty sure the org decided months ago to move on from both Letang and Malkin. But with Sid still around I can't imagine they will tank. I think they will overpay Rust and sign a replacement for Letang--Klingberg or (deep breath) Tony D.

Kapanen sucks and isn't worth a dime more than $1M a year. I'm totally fine just releasing him if no one wants to toss them a token 4th or whatever for his rights.

Agreed that I really like Heinen and don't mind a mild overpay to keep him. He's the kind of versatile good bottom sixer/not totally overmatched on the top six player that is really valuable to any team.

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 18:18 on May 16, 2022

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

Mark Borowiecki or Danny DeKeyser I think.

Man the Red Wings roster is full of “I didn’t know this guy was still in the NHL” players.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
What are the odds the Kraken do anything besides double down on Hakstol?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Do the Kraken officially have a group of fans called the Krakheads yet?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I think Letang is the more likely of the two to leave than Malkin. Malkin has supposedly indicated a willingness to sign for less. I also can't picture Malkin playing anywhere else sans KHL. He doesn't like to deal with media attention and here he never has to. Rust I think is gone no matter what. He's gonna get huge money and term.

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

Cartoon Man posted:

Who’s the highest profile NHLer this season to score no goals?

I like looking this up for forwards, it's like the "Riley Sheahan" award for the season

Joonas Donskoi - 75 GP for the Kraken scoring 2 goals

Nick Foligno - 64 GP for the Bruins scoring 2 goals

Joel Kiviranta - 56 GP for the Stars scoring 1 goal

Starsfan posted:

putting aside the defensemen, goaltenders and forwards that only played in a handful of games it's probably Riley Nash? 49 games played on 3 different teams as a forward with 0 goals scored.

For zero goals scored Nash is indeed the winner

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Starsfan posted:

Vegas is an excellent head coaching job because you are almost guaranteed a bounce back season and an easy playoff spot next year.. not sure if they can re-take the division from Calgary, but I would bet the bank account on them getting back into the divisional spot next year..

Vegas is also a terrible head coaching job because that roster is old as dirt and it's only a couple of years time before the results fall off and you are fired by the trigger happy ownership.

So yeah, a perfect spot for Travis Green

Calgary 's year probably greatly depends on who we can keep from our UFA's

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

No their Intersectionality Consultant has made it clear that's unacceptable

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Eric the Mauve posted:

Calling it now, Leafs will fire Keefe and hire DeBoer.

If the Leafs are dumb enough to keep Keefe then DeBoer goes to the Flyers.

Vegas will announce Q or Trotz, but probably Q, within a day or two. Probably waited on sacking DeBoer because they were negotiating with his replacement (and if it's Q, with the league office)

I don’t have a high opinion of DeBoer, if Dubas is being given rope to call the shots as Friedman indicated today then Keefe is almost certainly gonna stay. Leafs are doing their internal exit talks today so that might change but I doubt it.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Cartoon Man posted:

I have in fact seen some dude at the arena with krakhead on his jersey but that's about it, op.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Glad he got the job, the league has been lacking in coaches who look like supervillains since Guy Boucher got fired

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Calgary 's year probably greatly depends on who we can keep from our UFA's

I guess you are including Mangiapane and Tkachuk in the analysis.. how to fit them in while also keeping Gaudreau and filling out the roster.. None of the Flames other UFA's seem that valuable to me. Obviously you can let 3rd pairing garbage men like Gudbranson and Zadorov walk in service of keeping the elite offensive talents on the roster.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Starsfan posted:

I guess you are including Mangiapane and Tkachuk in the analysis.. how to fit them in while also keeping Gaudreau and filling out the roster.. None of the Flames other UFA's seem that valuable to me. Obviously you can let 3rd pairing garbage men like Gudbranson and Zadorov walk in service of keeping the elite offensive talents on the roster.

Yeah I forgot Bread Jr. and Matt are only RFA

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 19:17 on May 16, 2022

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Yeah I think you must absolutely pay Letang. Absolutely do not give him term. Is 3x10 enough to get it done? Probably not. I very much think you have to trade Zucker, but probably won't happen. $5.5 million tied up in a player that can't stay healthy, doesn't fit well in the system, and has not had a positive impact in Pittsburgh. I thought he'd provide a much more balanced game and while he's smart enough and good along the boards he doesn't have the speed nor the hands to be successful in this system. What I think really needs to be added is any kind of finish. Sullivan's system has been able to churn out great expected values....but their finishing has been slightly below par.

Filip Foresberg probably costs too much....he'd be nice, Burakovsky, maybe Copp. Trocheck. I think Vatrano and/or Vinnie Hinnostroza fit the system pretty well...but they're more middle 6 fodder that I think fit the system well than adding finish.

Ginette Reno posted:

I would absolutely let Kapanen walk. Zero interesting qualifying him for what that will cost.

Kapanen's QO is $840,000. As much as I very much dislike him I think you *HAVE* to QO him at that price. I was thinking maybe he can be moved for a want away lateral like....Zacha or Magiapane? Something like that. I legit consider Garland too, but I think that would be more a Zucker+ move than anything.

Schremp Howard posted:

Man the Red Wings roster is full of “I didn’t know this guy was still in the NHL” players.

Yeah it's impressive.

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
mentally weak team like the penguins should almost certainly be dismantled. remove everything that's not nailed down and start fresh. great chance at bedard or wright

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Yeah I think you must absolutely pay Letang. Absolutely do not give him term. Is 3x10 enough to get it done? Probably not. I very much think you have to trade Zucker, but probably won't happen. $5.5 million tied up in a player that can't stay healthy, doesn't fit well in the system, and has not had a positive impact in Pittsburgh. I thought he'd provide a much more balanced game and while he's smart enough and good along the boards he doesn't have the speed nor the hands to be successful in this system. What I think really needs to be added is any kind of finish. Sullivan's system has been able to churn out great expected values....but their finishing has been slightly below par.

Filip Foresberg probably costs too much....he'd be nice, Burakovsky, maybe Copp. Trocheck. I think Vatrano and/or Vinnie Hinnostroza fit the system pretty well...but they're more middle 6 fodder that I think fit the system well than adding finish.

Kapanen's QO is $840,000. As much as I very much dislike him I think you *HAVE* to QO him at that price. I was thinking maybe he can be moved for a want away lateral like....Zacha or Magiapane? Something like that. I legit consider Garland too, but I think that would be more a Zucker+ move than anything.

Yeah it's impressive.

Letting Malkin go to sign Copp or Trocheck feels like a very lateral move at best. It's understandable if the Pens want to get younger and go in a new direction after the latest playoff failures, but it feels pretty unavoidable that they will take a step back in the regular season if they let Malkin/Letang/Rust go, even if they try to replace those guys in FA. Letang I think is the most irreplaceable. I just dunno how you fix the defense with him gone. There's some decent names out there but nobody that can replace what Letang does and I don't think you find that player via trade either. Malkin is more replaceable given his recent decline but Malkin is also gonna come cheaper in both dollars and term than Letang so it may make the most sense to just sign him to a short term deal and then re-evaluate in a few years. Rust is gone no matter what I think. He's gonna get 6+ per year and insane term and I do not think the Penguins ought to give it to him.

I agree that I'd like to keep Rakell, provided the term/dollars work out. He seemed to work just fine with both Malkin and Crosby and I think he brings a different kind of element to their lineup. Most of their guys like to play fast and grindy hockey and I like bringing in a different element like that. A guy that can slow it down and show a different pace. One of the nice things about Kessel is he brought such a different dimension to the team than the other lines. I don't like having a lineup that is all one thing. You need a few guys that do it differently.

As for Kapanen, I hate the thought of getting stuck with him. Maybe he would come in more motivated next year. If they could qualify him and then move him...maybe. But I doubt there's much interest after the year he just had.

I'm very curious what the Pens' plan is.

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

I have in fact seen some dude at the arena with krakhead on his jersey but that's about it, op.

That sucks. I went to more or less every home game and was continually surprised at how many poor jersey choices the fans made but this might be the worst.

A close second was the guy who got J.Sparrow with # 32 and showed up to a couple games in Jack Sparrow cosplay. It was a lot but good for him I guess.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Got a philly cheesesteak poutine at Smokes after work. Got home and the bag was full of gravy and cheese. There was a hole in the bottom of the box.

My mind immediately thought of the Flyers.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Ginette Reno posted:

Letting Malkin go to sign Copp or Trocheck feels like a very lateral move at best. It's understandable if the Pens want to get younger and go in a new direction after the latest playoff failures, but it feels pretty unavoidable that they will take a step back in the regular season if they let Malkin/Letang/Rust go, even if they try to replace those guys in FA. Letang I think is the most irreplaceable. I just dunno how you fix the defense with him gone. There's some decent names out there but nobody that can replace what Letang does and I don't think you find that player via trade either. Malkin is more replaceable given his recent decline but Malkin is also gonna come cheaper in both dollars and term than Letang so it may make the most sense to just sign him to a short term deal and then re-evaluate in a few years. Rust is gone no matter what I think. He's gonna get 6+ per year and insane term and I do not think the Penguins ought to give it to him.

I agree that I'd like to keep Rakell, provided the term/dollars work out. He seemed to work just fine with both Malkin and Crosby and I think he brings a different kind of element to their lineup. Most of their guys like to play fast and grindy hockey and I like bringing in a different element like that. A guy that can slow it down and show a different pace. One of the nice things about Kessel is he brought such a different dimension to the team than the other lines. I don't like having a lineup that is all one thing. You need a few guys that do it differently.

As for Kapanen, I hate the thought of getting stuck with him. Maybe he would come in more motivated next year. If they could qualify him and then move him...maybe. But I doubt there's much interest after the year he just had.

I'm very curious what the Pens' plan is.

I don't think Copp is going anywhere, however you can overpay for Strome!

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Koopa Kid posted:

I don’t have a high opinion of DeBoer, if Dubas is being given rope to call the shots as Friedman indicated today then Keefe is almost certainly gonna stay. Leafs are doing their internal exit talks today so that might change but I doubt it.

i think DeBoer is a really good coach but if the Leafs are looking for someone who can help them through some of the emotional/playoff baggage........oof. that would be doubling down in a bad way IMO. Trotz would be great for them. Julien would be a weird choice but could work. i don't think they should go after Torts, he should stay in America.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
PONTUS

https://mobile.twitter.com/DetroitRedWings/status/1526291488870699010

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Eric the Mauve posted:

Vegas will announce Q or Trotz, but probably Q, within a day or two. Probably waited on sacking DeBoer because they were negotiating with his replacement (and if it's Q, with the league office)

Agree. They have a press conference already, so it's bound to be one of these two. I hope it's not Q, I'd like to continue to care about hockey.

https://twitter.com/GoldenKnights/status/1526283542992326656?t=ppkAjjM3EMwGXQs45wTBXA&s=19

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Is Pontus Swedish for Jaden or something?

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

i think DeBoer is a really good coach

Eh. He's a capable steward of teams that are already good. I've never seen him be much of a difference-maker when teams are floundering.

Alizee
Mar 2, 2006

"Heaven"

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

What has Dubas done to prove he's a good general manager aside from not trading away the Leafs best players???

Positives in no order

1) Built up the D - Muzzin, Brodie, Lyubushkin, Sandin, Giordano
2) Found cheap goaltending in Campbell
3) Been creative in finding some good players to plug in the gaps at low salary. ( Bunting, Kase, Kampf, Spezza, )
4) Signed Nylander at an awesome deal that makes up for the cost of some of the other big boys
5) Unloaded a lot of terrible contracts that Lou signed
6) Found additional leaders for the room - mainly jason spezza has been huge for the guys
7) Knew when to walk away from players - Barrie, Hyman, etc.

Neutral

1) John Tavares signing. It's both good and bad, his peak and Matthews/Marner peaks didn't quite line up. Contract is gonna look bad soon. (Already does dollar wise) He can still play though and is still a good second line center.

Negatives

1) Didn't get "hometown discounts" on big 3 contracts
2) Mzarek contract
3) Bad old dudes - Simmonds, Clifford, Thornton
4) Kadri Trade
5) Used first round picks to unload Lou's garbage

I don't think he is necessary a wizard, but I do think his pro scouting has found some real gems. I also like his vision in sticking with this team. There are many worse GMs in the league than Dubas and at this point, all the team can do (tinker with 1m players) is what he's best at. I'd take him over man others in the league and that's half the battle with a GM or coach.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Chad Sexington posted:

Eh. He's a capable steward of teams that are already good. I've never seen him be much of a difference-maker when teams are floundering.

He didn't really move the needle in Vegas. They were a very talented, experienced team with an unfortunate tendency to get offensively constipated when you could deny them rush chances, and struggled to develop and integrate young players outside of bottom 4 D men.

They're still exactly that.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

DeBoer is the most generic hockey coach imaginable except that he's a giant dickhead even by hockey coach standards.

He'd be a big upgrade on Keefe who is wildly in over his head coaching an NHL team, but much better coaches are available and the Leafs should pay up for one. But their incompetent PHO and GM are gonna have to go first.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Rossi was apparently talking all kinds of poo poo on twitter:

https://twitter.com/JFreshHockey/status/1526312713483345923?s=20&t=FNIMaIARb07D4oWhPooMGg

https://twitter.com/MarkMaddenX/status/1526315870779236354?s=20&t=FNIMaIARb07D4oWhPooMGg

The contract stuff may be true. I don't know that I believe the bit about Crosby. Pretty sure if he wanted to play game 6 he would have.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

It could be that Crosby found an independent doctor to say "sure you can play, here's my invoice" and the Pens doctors disagreed.

All that said as I've posted before, I am the lone PAS poster that isn't 100% sure Crosby will stay a Penguin for life. I trust this ownership group to build another contender in a few years, but I don't trust them at all to show any respect to the outgoing superstars. Crosby and Letang are BFFs and it's clear the Penguins are going to let Letang walk without making a serious effort to keep him. You don't need Insider Connections to guess Sid is seething about it. Especially since he himself has been dramatically underpaid his entire career in part so his buddies can get paid.

I am pretty convinced ownership wants to tank right now and doesn't mind if Sid retires or forces his way out. We'll see.

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 22:52 on May 16, 2022

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

It could be that Crosby found an independent doctor to say "sure you can play, here's my invoice" and the Pens doctors disagreed.

All that said as I've posted before, I am the lone PAS poster that isn't 100% sure Crosby will stay a Penguin for life. I trust this ownership group to build another contender in a few years, but I don't trust them at all to show any respect to the outgoing superstars. Crosby and Letang are BFFs and it's clear the Penguins are going to let Letang walk without making a serious effort to keep him. You don't need Insider Connections to guess Sid is seething about it.

I am pretty convinced ownership wants to tank right now and doesn't mind if Sid retires or forces his way out. We'll see.

I'm not so sure about that. Ownership wants to make money, and if the Pens can keep making the playoffs they'll do just that. Can't see them rushing into a rebuild when they can keep cashing in on at least round 1 playoff revenue.

Some of the same sources have indicated the new ownership group is taking a long hard look at Burke/Hextall as well. It'd be a pretty chaotic off season if they replaced them and let Malkin/Letang/Rust (or any combination thereof) walk.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

.Spec posted:

That sucks. I went to more or less every home game and was continually surprised at how many poor jersey choices the fans made but this might be the worst.

A close second was the guy who got J.Sparrow with # 32 and showed up to a couple games in Jack Sparrow cosplay. It was a lot but good for him I guess.

I've seen a motherpucker and because I am a 14 year old I have a 69 Nice jersey that I can only wear when I'm not sitting with my wife haha. Surprisingly people love it. They did say, "Any text any number" when I was checking out so it's not my fault.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Ginette Reno posted:

I'm not so sure about that. Ownership wants to make money, and if the Pens can keep making the playoffs they'll do just that. Can't see them rushing into a rebuild when they can keep cashing in on at least round 1 playoff revenue.

Totally agree this seems logical, but it doesn't jibe with what the team has been (not) doing. They're gonna let Letang walk which by itself means making the playoffs next year is an uncertain proposition at best. It makes no sense in the context of any strategy besides immediate tanking. If you want to keep banking one series' worth of playoff revenue a year then you give Letang whatever contract he wants, keeping Sid happy, and go from there.

I take for granted that Burke and Hextall will be replaced either this summer or next. They were Burkle's guys. Then again, if you want to tank without admitting you're tanking you can't do better than letting Letang and Malkin walk and empowering Brian Burke to pick their replacements!

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 23:00 on May 16, 2022

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

I've seen a motherpucker and because I am a 14 year old I have a 69 Nice jersey that I can only wear when I'm not sitting with my wife haha. Surprisingly people love it. They did say, "Any text any number" when I was checking out so it's not my fault.

You'll get to keep happily wearing it, unlike all those people with a Giordano jersey who will keep wearing it out of spite.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Ginette Reno posted:

Rossi was apparently talking all kinds of poo poo on twitter:

https://twitter.com/JFreshHockey/status/1526312713483345923?s=20&t=FNIMaIARb07D4oWhPooMGg

https://twitter.com/MarkMaddenX/status/1526315870779236354?s=20&t=FNIMaIARb07D4oWhPooMGg

The contract stuff may be true. I don't know that I believe the bit about Crosby. Pretty sure if he wanted to play game 6 he would have.

I think the proper response to anything Rossi says is and always will be "go sell ice cream."

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Mage_Boy posted:

I think the proper response to anything Rossi says is and always will be "go sell ice cream."

Perhaps. He has some connections but he's kind of a Larry Brooks type where he hears things but he's also inflammatory. I don't doubt that some parts of the things he says are true but I wouldn't be surprised if he's exaggerating things.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Yeah I don't put any stock in anything Rossi says at all. All the words I puked out above is stuff that's been on my mind for months. Most of which is fairly obvious so Rossi is just making poo poo up and hoping he turns out to be right.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
Rossi can be a clown but he does have some sort of connection to Malkin.

He does need to go sell ice cream though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Lol quoting Rossi. That's like The Metro level of transfer rumour. Maybe approaching The Sun.