Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for threatening to call the police on my mom and step-mom?

quote:

My (25F) parents divorced when I was 15 and my mother decided to move to another country, I didn't followed her because I already had a life here.

She moved back 2 years ago with my step-mom, I visit my mom quite often, but ever since moving to Paris and marrying my SM she has change a lot. She's now hyper-minimalist, which okay, her choice, but every time I visit her she tries to ''force'' that life on me. She only owns like 5 changes of clothes, 2 pair of shoes, barely any furniture, 3 cups (it was 2 but since I visit every friday-sunday my mom bought one for me and this PISSED my SM), 3 plates, 3 spoons, etc etc. My SM was already like this and my mom found the lifestyle ''adorable'' and joined. My SM hates that I drive a car and that have ''too many clothes''.

Anyway, I was victim of fraud and had my accounts left dry, I had to leave my apartment because I had no way of keep paying it until I saved enough again, my dad's not around anymore, so I asked my mom if I could stay with them and I said that the max I could pay was 200-400, she invited me rent free. I wasn't comfortable with this, so we made a deal where it said I was gonna live there for 4 months rents free and then I was gonna move out. I've been here for just 4 days, and yesterday when I came back from work I found my room almost completely empty, I quickly ran to my mom and SM and asked what happened.

My mom said that I had ''too many stuff'' and that's ''not how they live'' so they left just the essentials and donated the rest, my sm said that they ''did me a favor'' because I had so many things it looked like ''my soul was trapped in this world'' and I said that they had no right and ran to my room panicking, my mom followed me, but I was so mad. She tried to talk and since I had something like that recently happen to me, I went to my bf's chat and hit the audio button, I asked my mom to repeat what they did and she did it. I said that I had a recording on her admitting she stole my things and gave it away with her wife and that if she didn't retrieve them in the following days or compensated me for it, I was gonna call the police on them.

My step-mom called me an AH, they did retrieve most of my things this morning, but most of my clothes was gone so my mom said we could shop this weekend and she'll pay for everything. She was so embarrassed and regretful and said sorry a bunch of times because she realized she crossed a boundary, she said my sm began doing it and she only joined. My SM went to sleep somewhere else because she tried to kick me out and my mom didn't let her (this house is my mom's) so AITA? Maybe I took it too far because they did let me live here rent free after all I don't even know if the audio would've been prove enough to press charges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Blastedhellscape posted:

And now I'm curious and just have to look up the etymology of marinara and alfredo.

I've been waiting for this since yesterday.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

pentyne posted:

You have no idea how shorting works if you are insisting there is some floor on what people are losing in crypto/risky stock trades. 18 and 19 year olds are ending up with six figure debt in a matter of weeks using these trading apps after starting with like a few grand.

Remember when that kid blew up a bank by shorting its money on copper futures? Good times.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Lottery of Babylon posted:

"You've grown up and left, it doesn't affect you, move on. Now get back over here into the wedding party and spend months planning my wedding with them."

Also, the fact that she can forgive and love him despite his remorseless bullying-enabling of her daughter is understandably not doing to look good to her daughter. Guess mommy dearest doesn't see cruelty to her child as a deal-breaking character flaw.

WIBTA if I uninvited a mutual friend to a birthday party?

Wonder why he doesn't have any other friends. Acid vats for him and for the "not inviting rude racists into your home is the real rudeness" git.

"I am quite sociable and quite friendly with others" yes that sounds like something a quite sociable person would say

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

How do you do, fellow extroverts?

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Foo Diddley posted:

AITA for what I (18M) told my dad after I got tired with his stupid pranks?

c'mon dad, i'm never talking to you again as a prank, lighten up

Love to see it, can't wait to see dad's surprise Pikachu face in a month when his son follows through :allears:

Judge Schnoopy posted:

How is this your takeaway lmao

"I prioritized you by waiting on this relationship until you were old enough to not be directly impacted by it. You're an adult, it's time to move on" seems well and perfectly reasonable to me

"I know you were bullied for a solid 5 years from 13 until graduation by my boyfriend's lovely kid & we did nothing about it, but it's been 2 years since then, you need to grow up"

How this sounds even remotely normal to your brain is :psyduck:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I've been waiting for this since yesterday.

Marinara means "of the sea," same root as the English marine, and Alfredo is named after the dude who invented it, same root as the English Alfred.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Marinara means "of the sea," same root as the English marine, and Alfredo is named after the dude who invented it, same root as the English Alfred.

If you combine the two, you get the Godfather 2 sauce special

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I just looked it up and those are both the actual etymologies. I should have made up something less plausible. :(

uhhh actually Alfredo is a contraction of al fredo, meaning "served cold." It was never actually served cold, but it was given that as a romantic name because the white sauce reminded people of the Alps.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I was about to say, I'm not trying to call your credibility into question but I don't believe a word of literally anyone who tries to give background to how words evolve

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for threatening to call the police on my mom and step-mom?

imo the mom should just give the daughter the apartment and go dig a hole and live in it

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Aesop Poprock posted:

I was about to say, I'm not trying to call your credibility into question but I don't believe a word of literally anyone who tries to give background to how words evolve

Marinara is called sailor style sauce because it's gay as hell

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for bringing up “failing up the chain of command” in police agencies to my friend who’s dead dad was a police officer?

Cool his dad became a good cop

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

it's convenient to have a cop in the family because when that happens you can say "yeah I know a cop too and he's an rear end in a top hat"

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for saying my brother is married to our "precious mom" to his girlfriend?

As someone who was the baby of the family who was co-dependent with his mom until his mid-20s I say: lol

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Splicer posted:

I have a rescue chicken that doesn't understand being shoved. Literally does not comprehend the concept. Try to push her out of the way and she stands there yelling at you for inexplicably pressing her until you give up or she loses her balance. Multiple times I've tried to shove her out of my way and she's rolled completely over my foot into the exact place she started in, yelling the whole time.

Cats suck chickens rule
This chicken died today and I am destroyed.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Rest in peace, baffled yelling chicken

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Pleads posted:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Pleads posted:

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Pleads posted:

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Pleads posted:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Pleads posted:

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Where can I talk about my dick?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Pleads posted:

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Pleads posted:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Pleads posted:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Boba Pearl posted:

Where can I talk about my dick?

E/N

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Pleads posted:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Splicer posted:

This chicken died today and I am destroyed.

:sympathy:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Pleads posted:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Surely it would be Rest In Place, right?

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Here's one from eight years ago.

My boyfriend(22M) of 1 year was passed over for his dream job and is now acting like a gangster rapper. Should I(22F) break up with him?

quote:

My bf and I have been dating for about a year, both seniors in college. His dream was to go into an extremely competitive field after graduation and he had been interviewing with a company in this field since October. He went through several rounds of interviews, but was rejected in the final round at the very beginning of February. He has no other offers lined up and virtually all the jobs in his chosen field are gone, so he must now apply for jobs in other fields.

He has completely SNAPPED. Before he was a goofy, somewhat anxious, yet sweet and funny Chinese guy. After his rejection he has turned into like...a parody of a gangster rapper.He has started sleeping through all his classes and just being irresponsible in general, and I understand that he is feeling the sting of rejection and might be a bit depressed, but it goes further than that.

He spends 80% of the day in bed watching Lil Wayne videos on YouTube. He googles the lyrics and 'raps' along. When he's not watching the videos, he's 'freestyling'. Basically he says the following phrases over and over again for 20+ minutes at a time.
  • Get bitches, get money
  • I slay niggas
  • I get all the pussy
  • These hoes on my dick
  • Bitches love my dick
  • I make every pussy wet
  • Ima kill a nigga
Basically, variations of that over and over again. I'M NOT JOKING.

Sometimes he will look out our apartment window and if he sees girls walking by, he'll turn to me and say "WOW, those bitches are fine. I bet they want my dick" and stuff like that. He never used to say anything like that. He has started referring to me as "bitch"...in a not nice way. I am really upset and confused because he never acted this way before. I have asked him to stop, told him it's making me sad, breaking my heart and he just won't stop.

He had begun to see a therapist(at my urging) a few weeks ago and stopped going after 2 sessions and called his therapist a (n-slur f-slur)

Tonight we went out to dinner and he leaned into his drink and made a slurping noise and said "This is what it sounds like when I'm eating all those other bitches' pussies".

WTF. I can't do this for much longer.

Is this relationship salvageable? Was this the kind of guy he was all along and now he is just showing this side because he's stressed/upset about the job? I'm so sad and I can't take this anymore....

tl;dr: BF didn't get his dream job and is now acting like a rapper and I feel disrespected and upset. Is there any way to save the relationship?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
AITA for my response after my BIL told me I'm 35 and still don't know what I want?

quote:

Hi redit. Using a throwaway for privacy.

So, I'm the eldest of 4 siblings (I'm 35F) all of my other siblings are married and have kids. I'm not married (had 3 long-term relationships that ended badly) and I have no kids. It's been 6 years since I've dated and my family keep pressure me to look for "my future husband" and start a family cause I'm too old to wait any longer. It's hard to do that with all the trauma and hurt that I carry, They say they want what's best fore me and are worried I might end up an old lady with only a cat living with me. I do feel alone sometimes but I like it that way, at least I no longer deal with lies, trust isues and mistreatments from my exs.

My BIL (sister's husband) keeps commenting on my "status" whenever I visit. Talking about how I need to find my "better half" and have kids. Usually I respond by ignoring him but he kept throwing more comments publicly. Now from what my sister tells us, he sleeps all day, unemployed, doesn't help with child care nor responsibilities but also likes to call the shot in every decision made. they say that's how he is. so...

Last night. we all got together for dinner and BIL brought up my personal life by asking a stream of questions about my plans. I tried to ignore him but he said that I'm 35, single, childless, and don't even date at the moment. I looked at him in shock as he went on to say that I "clearly" am confused and still don't know what I want in life. The family looked at me and it made me pissed. In response I told him that "yes, I clearly don't know what I want but I do know what you want, what you really really want and that is child level responsibility, and king level authority in your family". Then told him I'd rather spend the rest of my days single then be stuck with someone like him. He gone completely silent and what I said was enough for him to abandon dinner table. My sister stayed quiet and dinner turned awkward. I left later then mom and sister called me saying it wasn't right that I insulted my BIL like that and when I explained what he said to me they told me he was just trying to encourage me to have "normal" life like the rest of them. They said it was rude and hurtful what I said and I have to apologize to him in person. I might have gone over the top but I refused to apologize at least til I see if I'm wrong with my response.

AITA?

lol not one of these insufferable fuckers can take what they dish out

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Foo Diddley posted:

AITA for my response after my BIL told me I'm 35 and still don't know what I want?

lol not one of these insufferable fuckers can take what they dish out

OP owns.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Sorry about your chicken, Splicer.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Pleads posted:

R.I.P. in peace, baffled yelling chicken

welcome to hell
Jun 9, 2006
chickens are dumb as hell but they are awesome. rip chicken.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
in respect, we need to permanently retire baffled yelling chicken as a forums name.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I am sorry about your chicken loss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

quote:

I do know what you want, what you really really want and that is child level responsibility, and king level authority in your family".

The Spice Girls have really evolved as songwriters these days.