Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

It's a crazy coincidence that he scored the series winner on the same exact day, 13 years ago.

I always liked Darren Helm in the past. Well, not "liked", because he was a Red Wing. But I always thought he was a good player and was happy that we signed him. Cogliano, Manson, Helm, Lehkonen were all great signings this season.

I think we probably would have gone out in the 2nd round again if we didn't have them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

fermun posted:

Rantanen's only glaring problem right now is that he's getting pushed around too much for a guy his size. He keeps getting knocked off the puck or knocked down by guys smaller than him. Other than that he's playing fine and I like the forechecking ability of Nichushkin and Lehkonen on the same line too much to drop Rantanen down to the 2nd line, those two on the same line keeps the other team in their own zone an entire shift all the time, and LOC and Helm together have been able to do that as well as the 4th line.

https://twitter.com/NHL/status/1530386274317651970
I keep rewatching this. I love how MacKinnon started celebrating before Helm even shoots and how Cogliano is just jumping up and down all by himself.

My favorite part of that play was watching all the blues fans behind the net in anguish when they saw the puck go in. I kept replaying the recording to watch their reactions :shobon: . The ones behind the Avs bench didn't really react much, but the ones behind the net were in agony :)

DrunkPanda fucked around with this message at 20:15 on May 28, 2022

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I would put the struggles of the top unit of the power play against St. Louis pretty much entirely on Rantanen not being able to do much of anything. He wasn't able to shoot at all. He had a lot of trouble handling the puck. He had that mystery "illness" right at the end of the regular season, and whatever it was seems like it's still affecting him.

Newhook played pretty well in game 4, but yall crazy if you think he played better in Game 5 than Burakovsky did in Game 6.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I didn't know about the illness, definitely possible he had covid and never got his energy back. covid is a bitch.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

FCP finals cursed or will the evil lightning get him another ring? Search your heart butt.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
https://twitter.com/MollieeWalkerr/status/1530751956964212736

Hahaha

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
Keep the home arena magic alive, Canes. I'm not ready to post in the off-season thread yet.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Nocheez posted:

Keep the home arena magic alive, Canes. I'm not ready to post in the off-season thread yet.

In the end , the off season thread comes for (almost) all of us.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/risingaction/status/1531284818368946176?t=KUDoWob7JYrwuxr_3Wz2jA&s=19

Duckman2008 posted:

We all suck down here.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What did Kane do now?

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Duckman2008 posted:

Yeah, everyone but Wonderllama

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

What did Kane do now?

I bet Archibald forged his doctor's note.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

I read that teams on both sides of the border were driving across the border in order to skip the testing requirements and avoid losing someone. Maybe the oilers got stranded in some small Montana town

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Duck Rodgers posted:

I read that teams on both sides of the border were driving across the border in order to skip the testing requirements and avoid losing someone. Maybe the oilers got stranded in some small Montana town

If Edmonton makes the finals, I cant see driving being feasible for any of the eastern teams

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Duck Rodgers posted:

They were flying to Vancouver, driving to Seattle, and flying to Dallas/LA.

But I’m going to blame this on Archibald anyway.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK

Duck Rodgers posted:

Maybe the oilers got stranded in some small Montana town

*banjo from Deliverance starts up*

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

Misanthrope posted:

*banjo from Deliverance starts up*

Remake of The Boys on the Bus but it's a horror movie

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
oh man I hope the Oilers don't all get sick and die

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They probably have recent immunity from having to play Tkachuk like 12 times this season anyway.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

mennoknight posted:

oh man I hope the Oilers don't all get sick and die

Dying as heroes, living forever in the Calgary Flames' heads.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
Jacob Trouba and The Elbow of Destiny baby

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/Harjas_Grewal/status/1531464972433117184

That's cool. Must be nice to have draft picks and be a cup contender. I would have been happy with one or the other :smith:

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

fisting by many posted:

That's cool. Must be nice to have draft picks and be a cup contender. I would have been happy with one or the other :smith:

For four of those #1 picks, this will be their first conference final.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/FitzGSN_/status/1531467584914309121

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

So who’s gonna score any goals in the ECF?

This has to be the highest profile goalie duel in years right?

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Mind_Taker posted:

So who’s gonna score any goals in the ECF?

This has to be the highest profile goalie duel in years right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2ZTkMjfJuI

it will be for a little while, at least

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Man this team is a lot of fun right now. Super young, I thought they were dead every round this playoffs, but the kids are starting to kick it into gear, Shesty is feeling it, and if we can get Blais to step in for Reaves we might have a legit 4th line. The kid line starting to groove is giving me all the feels.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

lmao

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Just happy this national nightmare of a 327 day cup-less drought will soon be over.

Wonderllama fucked around with this message at 04:15 on May 31, 2022

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

There is only 21 hours to get your second round guesses in for the Red-X. Bonus for round 3 is total saves in the round.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4000767&pagenumber=7&perpage=40#post523827847

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

fisting by many posted:

AsInHowe posted:

For four of those #1 picks, this will be their first conference final.
5. No one remembers that Erik Johnson was a 1st overall pick, so Avs have 2 1st overalls as well.

fermun fucked around with this message at 05:02 on May 31, 2022

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/EmpireStateBldg/status/1531467224883544064

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

fermun posted:

5. No one remembers that Erik Johnson was a 1st overall pick, so Avs have 2 1st overalls as well.

That's right!

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

:drat:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

fermun posted:

Man that is a hard unintentional burn

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

fermun posted:

I guess they are tracking players the teams drafted themselves, not injury-cases the teams traded for in trades where the team got by far the worst end of it.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

And the bad Johnson was a 3OA!

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Cocaine Bear posted:

And the bad Johnson was a 3OA!

We are going to get at least one highlight real goal of McDavid just going right around Jack Johnson for a goal. Maybe multiple highlight reels of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

How many hat tricks in the Avs-Oil series do you reckon?