Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

mawarannahr posted:

it was scheduled for meltdown May of 2023 actually but shits faster than expected

Cringe Overshoot Day came early

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
Saw 100 new posts and somehow knew it was a dumbass having a meltdown

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Tekne posted:

CringeO2 levels are now at the highest measured in recorded history

Clean energy news:

Activists hail Biden’s use of security powers to boost clean energy
President invokes Defense Production Act to increase production of solar panels, building insulation and other equipment

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jun/07/biden-climate-change-defense-production-act

Like the activists quoted, I too hope that this represents a much more aggressive executive posture and willingness to use that authority in whichever ways are helpful. What we really need is the bill formerly known as BBBA's climate provisions passed. Things have kind of picked up in that regard in recent weeks, so we'll see if all the stars align in a way that gets Joe Manchin to allow the drat thing to move forward.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
got barf on ignore so that was kinda funny

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

T-Paine posted:

One day the dumbass having a meltdown that causes 100 posts will be Thwaites Glacier.

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

Koirhor posted:

I'll never get why so many here think it's funny or interesting to try and own people for caring about things. Look how above it all I am!!

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
arf appears to be free from cringe now

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

T-Paine posted:

I'll never get why so many here think it's funny or interesting to try and own people for caring about things. Look how above it all I am!!

it's this

Mameluke posted:

ok keep screaming your insecurities as if you don't hold them lol

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Thought it was a little funny but then he just kept going. Much like global warming.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

let’s get on back on track to 4.5C+. from the weather (not climate !!!!) thread:

https://twitter.com/trtworld/status/1534114694700613632

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Is eating sushi particularly bad because I can hit up poke bowl for the burritos more often to speed this poo poo along

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

500excf type r posted:

Is eating sushi particularly bad because I can hit up poke bowl for the burritos more often to speed this poo poo along

Saba (mackerel) is probably the Sustainable Choice but maguro and even sake are super cringe, sorry.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
ok I believe in climate cringe now

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Well that was a very stupid couple of pages :psyduck:

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

Hubbert posted:

ok I believe in climate cringe now

Not a bad future thread title.

freezepops
Aug 21, 2007
witty title not included
Fun Shoe

500excf type r posted:

eating fish is good for climate change. we need to eat as much fish as we can to keep the ocean levels from rising.

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

Koirhor posted:

same

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

500excf type r posted:

you like your mercury you can keep it

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

T-Paine posted:

lol same. Normal news generates like 30-40 posts and chat per day.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

500excf type r posted:

All the best stuff is insanely overfished and depleted, like tuna. All the stuff that's completely revolving is increasingly abundant and sometimes the only thing left alive in an oceanic wasteland, like sea urchins.

So it's a sea of contrasts really.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/apr/11/california-purple-sea-urchin-uni-kelp-forest

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

SLC is about to get hosed by dust clouds of arsenic from the lake drying up. great article about a new climate disaster I wasn’t aware of

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/07/climate/salt-lake-city-climate-disaster.html?referringSource=articleShare

it’s always great when these things intersect with America’s self-immolating cargo cult

quote:

Homes around Salt Lake boast lush, forest-green lawns, despite the drought. And not always by choice.

In the suburb of Bluffdale, when Elie El kessrwany stopped watering his lawn in response to the drought, his homeowners’ association threatened to fine him. ”I was trying to do the right thing for my community,” he said.

Alamani57
Dec 15, 2010

quote:

In the state legislative session that ended in March, lawmakers approved other measures that start to address the crisis. They funded a study of water needs, made it easier to buy and sell water rights, and required cities and towns to include water in their long-term planning. But lawmakers rejected proposals that would have had an immediate impact, such as requiring water-efficient sinks and showers in new homes or increasing the price of water.

Climate cringe is hereby solved.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

freezepops posted:

eating fish is good for climate change. we need to eat as much fish as we can to keep the ocean levels from rising.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

As the Great Salt Lake Dries Up, Utah Faces An ‘Environmental Nuclear Bomb’ https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/07/climate/salt-lake-city-climate-disaster.html

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
hey was there anything in the fifty arf posts i ignored

(of course not lol)

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

ArfJason posted:

Do we stand here and just passively observe the cringe? or do we do something about it? whos with me?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Only a 6er for telling goons to self harm???????

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Pryor on Fire posted:

Methane is more than 25 times as potent as carbon dioxide at trapping heat in the atmosphere

That's the little footnote in the history books that archaeologists will laugh at and go hoooly poo poo.

look at this optimist. archeologists, lol
https://twitter.com/NOAA/status/1532772121914527746
lmao

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
When will Almond and Pistachio marauders growers start water raids into the northwest?

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Feeling like Chidi worrying about Almond Milk

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Evil_Greven posted:

lmao

maybe the squids will develop archeology in 50 million years

if any survive :smith:

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Real hurthling! posted:

As the Great Salt Lake Dries Up, Utah Faces An ‘Environmental Nuclear Bomb’ https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/07/climate/salt-lake-city-climate-disaster.html

quote:

Most alarming, the air surrounding Salt Lake City would occasionally turn poisonous. The lake bed contains high levels of arsenic and as more of it becomes exposed, wind storms carry that arsenic into the lungs of nearby residents, who make up three-quarters of Utah’s population.
that’s a lol from me

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Fly Molo posted:

hoping squids end up being like the heptapods in Arrival. Rootin for em

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

I went and looked up Utah's water use just for giggles - 72% goes to agriculture while the general public uses 15%. The rest is not really worth exploring. 3/4 of Utah's agricultural income is livestock, 80% of its farmland is pasture, and most of its crop export is hay. Anyway, I'm glad to hear that Utah's state legislature is looking to curb municipal water use since that'll certainly make the biggest possible difference.

Alamani57
Dec 15, 2010

Fly Molo posted:

Their short life span and massive spawning numbers give them a better chance than most species. Plenty of opportunities to develop adaptations. Not a bad idea to become a squid stan and start wearing shirts with cephalopods on them while you hoot and holler whenever they mutate into something that can survive another day.

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Evil_Greven posted:

lmao
more like National Oceanic and Alarmist Administration :smug:

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alamani57 posted:

Their short life span and massive spawning numbers give them a better chance than most species. Plenty of opportunities to develop adaptations. Not a bad idea to become a squid stan and start wearing shirts with cephalopods on them while you hoot and holler whenever they mutate into something that can survive another day.

let’s make some stone cthulhu monuments, freak em out a little

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
i'm a cringe half full kind of guy

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

TACD posted:

that’s a lol from me

drat lol and i kept hearing "mormons are the smart settlers" "can't count out the mormons" "no balkanization without deseret"

that word only has two loving Es, "joseph"!!!

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Laterite posted:

i'm a cringe half full kind of guy

I'm just cringe that's a little musty in the middle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the gsl has lost 2200 square miles of surface area since 1987 and only 1/3rd of it remains.

utah: we will double the regions population in the next 40 years