Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Judge Tesla posted:

I'm just glad The Big Head from Calus's old raid boss fight came back.

I wanted to shoot the spooky skulls again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Mazerunner posted:

uh, it just occurred to me that SIVA plastered everything with black pyramids. well, that's not... concerning
It covered everything with black cubes, they just looked pyramid shaped because they were at a diagonal.

Destiny has a whole shapes thing going on with bad triangle vs good circle, and presumably alright square is the compromise position, both pointy and stable.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Destiny has a whole shapes thing going on with bad triangle vs good circle, and presumably alright square is the compromise position, both pointy and stable.

Jokes on them, they all go in the square hole.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Is shuro chi still the fastest way to level a weapon? Unlocked mini-tool finally and dreading having to play with one without incandescent for hours

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

fast cars loose anus posted:

Is shuro chi still the fastest way to level a weapon? Unlocked mini-tool finally and dreading having to play with one without incandescent for hours

I prefer the loot cave myself

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

I wanted to shoot the spooky skulls again

Kinda wish they had used the whole Suck Zone area, even if the mechanic was disabled

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Having a Guardian named "Katabasis" be on a ship that descends into hell is a little on the nose.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

life_source posted:

Does anything in this game have SBMM? I am under the assumption that Survival is based on your rank and not SBMM.

Survival and elimination are the SBMM playlists. Glory rank is not a factor per Bungie since many seasons ago. How they calculate skill and how strict/loose it is in favoring quick matchmaking is another issue that no one knows the answer to besides Bungie.

Trials is card-based and does no lobby balancing. However it’s not strictly card based which is why sometimes you’ll lose your first match on a card (or less commonly on another random mid-card match) and the other team will go to the lighthouse. I think they try to prioritize quick matchmaking so you aren’t going to be at 3 wins playing another team also at 3 wins necessarily, and solo queue players also complicate things.

In my experience there are “buckets” to trials where 1-3 are harder on average, 4-6 easier, 7 is a toss up. If you get to 3 wins on a mercy card it’s usually not worth resetting past that point.

I can say after doing solo freelance to Legend rank in Survival this season, SBMM was not noticeable at all. They might have done a stronger reset of their internal skill measurement between seasons but pretty much every match involved one team being heavily favored.

Anyways Survival is a bad game mode and they are redoing the whole competitive playlist after next season so maybe they will shed more light on their methods as we get closer.

heated game moment fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jul 6, 2022

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

heated game moment posted:

Anyways Survival is a bad game mode and they are redoing the whole competitive playlist after next season so maybe they will shed more light on their methods as we get closer.

I am super excited for this. Survival is boring and campy and brings out the worst of the Destiny sandbox. Showdown would be a great replacement for the mode itself, but there also needs to be more of a reason for people to enter the Glory Playlist, too, so I hope they're working on something on the reward side as well.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Put king of the hill and oddball into a competitive playlist. This makes no sense for the style of play that destiny has but they should do it anyways.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I am super excited for this. Survival is boring and campy and brings out the worst of the Destiny sandbox. Showdown would be a great replacement for the mode itself, but there also needs to be more of a reason for people to enter the Glory Playlist, too, so I hope they're working on something on the reward side as well.

showdown rules

put adept crucible weapons in the glory playlist

I sometimes wonder if they don't do SBMM everywhere simply because of their net code (ignoring trials, trials has other issues)

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It’s in a pretty miserable spot right now and the Survival mode in particular is mega punishing to the team with the worst player. The other day one of my teammates died 17 times in a match (intentionally throwing).

I’m only doing it to make my legend number go up on DTR and to stay fresh in 3s before Trials starts each season.

Showdown + actual loot would own

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I always thought an effortless carrot each season would have been letting you grab a Chain of Command (Adept) or Null Composure (Adept) etc etc as a reward for hitting 5,500 Glory

There were so many easy or easy-seeming fixes they could toss at the Glory playlist that I assumed it was just going to be deleted one day

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
It’s funny because triangles are the bosses of all shapes and a trilateral pyramid has absolutely insane t levels

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Can't wait to get to the Rhombus of Doubt and Hexagon of Perfection

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I'm already a Disciple-Slayer so I don't think the final act of Bungie's Destiny is going to be hunting down and killing the Three Koopa Kids or whatnot. We'll probably hear about Disciples in the Lore but the final big baddies to be killed are Xivu Arath, The Witness, and Some No-Name Mook in Year 6's new raid

Also, if you, like me, are burnt out on Nightmare Containment but still have to kill 50 bosses, you've got good reason to wait. This week added a new Bright Dust Triumph to kill 40 Champions on the Derelict Leviathan which is, almost literally, "Do fifteen more Nightmare Containments"

Weeks 9 and 10 will have quests to Kill A Bunch of Leviathan Idiots with Rocket Launchers and Machine Guns, too, so you may as well spread these nasty nasty chores out in order to do as few of them as possible

:whatup: fellow Disciple-Slayer what was your experience with the triumphs? I got mine last season before the game went ez mode with restoration 🤣 jkjk congrats on the title!

I found them all more annoying then difficult with the exception of the first master one. Coordinating juggling or murdering the Champs was very annoying until we swapped to a 1 runner strat. We had more than enough time to acquire the symbols and had the other 2 runners rotate to help whoever had Champs. We did the 2-2 strat. Cleared it second attempt and then 2x more for the adept weapons in 2 goes but oh my god was it rough trying it straight.

Master Caretaker was actually surprisingly difficult. Running was by far the easiest role, add clear is hell and matador was just a constant above average level of action and I was very smooth brained at the end doing my stun, shoot beans, clear surronding ads, check champ, stun a million times till we got through. Very much felt like add clear make or break this and I leaned into void 3.0 invisible real heavy for it. Add clear looked.....easier when you have stasis warlocks but still v annoying.

Master Exhibition took about 4ish continuous hours with a random LFG group since I didn't really want to ask the short list of goons that 1. I am friends enough with to ask for help and 2. Good enough to actually help, is very short and i didnt wanna frustrate those peoples. It was....not bad once we figured out some pathing stuff that I posted about here. I also organized the lfg fire team and didn't send invites to anyone with less than 10 VoW clears and 100+ various other raid clears. I figured the encounter and challege would be difficult enough and wanted to ensure a high floor in the group. We actually got all the way to the door on our like third try but didn't down the knight and than spent about 3.5 hours getting back.

Master Rhulk.....lmao

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

are you guys gonna kiss

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

i'm gonna kiss Xivu Arath right on the mouth and that will teach her war is bad and that's how we'll beat her

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
they should bring back supremacy

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Caitl and Zavala literally “getting each other’s back” was very touching and now in my head cannon he knits her a sweater

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Photo Finish makes the fungal blooms on the Cordyception sparrow change color :buddy:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Almost any emissive texture will become color cycling using Photo Finish.

The Titan mark from VoG is great with it because the entire towel part is emissive.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

All I want from a Crucible rework is for MoCo to become a permanent mode.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Collateral Damage posted:

:hmmyes:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Waroduce posted:

:whatup: fellow Disciple-Slayer what was your experience with the triumphs?

The one-and-done Triumphs weren't too bad, although it's annoying that they don't give you a heads up if you failed them until the encounter is complete. We got the 1st encounter triumph done on our first try, luckily, which I hear is usually the most painful one and can even be kinda buddy on what it considers to be "Attacking the obelisk". Whew...

Like you said, the weekly Challenges were definitely all over the place. I probably should've pursued a different strategy for 1st encounter because we did it with 3 runners and 3 defenders and it just required flawless, perfect execution by all fireteam members for every second of the whole encounter. Your way sounds a LOT m ore forgiving

Caretaker is hilarious how different it is this season than last. Now that we know how to control the waves of adds, and now that soloing Overloads is a walk in the park, it's basically Free Adepts now. Last season?? Secant Filaments and Osteo Striga were the only loadout I could find that worked for add/champ control

Exhibition definitely took me some time, but it's a pretty fun encounter so I didn't mind having to repeat it over and over compared to something like Caretaker or Acquisition which is just tedious to grind. I haven't tried Master Exhibition this season but I bet it's absolutely trivial with solar and void being as powerful as they are.

Rhulk... ha ha ha... oh Rhulk. I don't mind that they made him the Free Parking space, and getting 3 adepts every time it comes around isn't bad! We've had a couple random bugs where we suddenly got Challenge Failed at the start of a new cycle, or just before running up to the DPS room. It's odd..

I actually really like the Adept weapons, even considering that the normal guns are craftable and get enhanced perks.

Insidious - really shines with a Handling mod
Deliverance - with Adept charge time is a crazy good counter to both rapid or precision fusions
Submission - with a Range mod is super competitive
Cataclysmic - who doesn't love Adept Biguns!

^burtle posted:

are you guys gonna kiss

It's considered unsafe to keep two Disciple-Slayers in the same room. Too powerful

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

what about three? i'm a disciple-slayer too! and a fatebreaker!!!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
[checks rules] that means we all three have to kiss

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Why isn't there a multiuser emote for that

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

[checks rules] that means we all three have to kiss

only if you buy me dinner first :colbert:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Speaking of two 7's, happy Bungie Day, everybody!

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Collateral Damage posted:

I might start playing Destiny again if this happened

Which guarantees it will not

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
nothing much in this week's twab, other than some cosplay and an explanation of the artifice armour missing slot bug

buuuut you'd think bungie announced they hosed everyone's mom with how poorly people are taking it

e; also moco sucks rear end and should be deleted

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jul 7, 2022

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Mazerunner posted:

nothing much in this week's twab, other than some cosplay and an explanation of the artifice armour missing slot bug

buuuut you'd think bungie announced they hosed everyone's mom with how poorly people are taking it

this is how I know you’re looking at Reddit

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
now there's at least two direct references to nezarec this season, i hope they just keep baiting that poo poo out it rules.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

muike posted:

now there's at least two direct references to nezarec this season, i hope they just keep baiting that poo poo out it rules.

Never revealed. Just another breadcrumb reference with, like, a ghost shell or something.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

it’s so funny to see people who have never read a novel get so convinced that this tiny bit of world building—“the pre-Golden Age had Lovecraft-style eldritch cults”—is somehow the key to everything. it’s just flavor, you dumbasses lol

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Welp, got the skull, got the title. Is there really nothing else until august 23?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Mazerunner posted:

e; also moco sucks rear end and should be deleted
Counterpoint: MoCo is good because it's the fastest way to grind out quests/catalysts that require guardian kills.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Do you folks think we’re basically just sticking with the same seasonal format until Lightfall or do you see a paradigm shift taking place at some point to mix up the content delivery systems?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I’m fairly confident we’re sticking with this model until whatever comes after The Final Shape.

You could say that Destiny has reached its final shape.