Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Arquinsiel posted:

The entire boyband industry exists to cater to the horniness of that demographic. It's notably intense and focused.

what the hell does starscream have to do with boybands?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

They couldn’t do the “wing part turns into a sword” thing again, eh?
Good, that uneven wing on the original really bugged me. Now if they did both wings that'd be cool, but I'd rather have those joints go to articulation.

War and Pieces posted:

It may just be a purple hunk of plastic but man does that throne really bring the display together

I spent $50 buying Starscream again for that, only to find the throne doesn't really fit on my packed WFC/Legacy shelf.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
She for sure had a crush on Starscream but he handled it like a gentleman.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It's weird how this is the second take on a new Armada Starscream, but Hasbro still doesn't want to properly do the wingsword gimmick. And I think this solution is worse than the last one where he had swords secreted inside the wings.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
^^^^
Yeah, I commented on it being a really weird example of false kibble to IRL friends.

Nodosaur posted:

what the hell does starscream have to do with boybands?
Fourteen year old girls fixate on both for much the same reason.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

That Inferno gently caress yesssssss

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Alexis never shows any romantic interest in Starscream. She certainly likes and cares a lot about him, but she never shows any actions that are overtly romantic. Hell, that handkerchief that was made for him was made by ALL the kids. You’re gonna need more evidence than “they were close friends” and “he’s Starscream” to convince me there was anything romantic there.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Xenomrph posted:

That Inferno gently caress yesssssss

Agreed. He'll be on the shelf too.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Inferno looks great. Armada Starscream looks profoundly half-assed. No actual wing sword, 18-step conversion at the Voyager price point is a joke, missing paint on the shins, and almost certainly subpar articulation.

If they were going to keep the original toy's dirt-simple conversion they should have added butterfly shoulders to make his sword poses really sing.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I regret Inferno losing his blender-butt, but the articulated jaw makes up for it

ROYALTYYYYYYYYYYYY

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

There has to be some way to approximate his rocket rear end. Whenever I think of Inferno in the show, that's how I picture him, rocket butt spinning as he flies around blasting everything in sight with his unreasonably large gun.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nodosaur posted:

Alexis never shows any romantic interest in Starscream. She certainly likes and cares a lot about him, but she never shows any actions that are overtly romantic. Hell, that handkerchief that was made for him was made by ALL the kids. You’re gonna need more evidence than “they were close friends” and “he’s Starscream” to convince me there was anything romantic there.

I mean this sincerely

Just leave it be man

You can think this all you like, but you're out numbered by a billion AMVs on youtube that say otherwise. This isn't a fight worth picking.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Gotta agree with Burkion here. Some people cannot be reasoned with, and are extremely loud about it, also.

Especially when it comes to loving a cartoon robot.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Phy posted:

I regret Inferno losing his blender-butt, but the articulated jaw makes up for it

ROYALTYYYYYYYYYYYY

I do hope his ant form is poseable enough so he can gesticulate wildly, as is ordained by God.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Alexis thought of Starscream as a friend, a big robot buddy, who wouldn't want one.

More of puppy dog for her than someone she was in love with.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

That star saber is pretty stubby looking! Ah hell I'll buy it, Armada toys were my childhood after all

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I’m all aboard for voyager Metalhawk.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
https://twitter.com/dweamdoodles/status/1544345492040982528

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Amazon just changed the delivery date for Legacy Jihaxus to Friday. They’re also listing Sludge for Friday. Fingers crossed!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

quote:

Transformers Studio series Core Class Rumble (Blue)

• STUDIO SERIES CORE CLASS: Core Class figures are 3.5-inch collectible action figures that allow fans to collect mini versions of iconic characters from the movie universe
• 3.5-INCH SCALE DECEPTICON RUMBLE (BLUE): Figure features vivid, movie-inspired deco, is highly articulated for posability
• 2 ICONIC MODES: Figure features classic conversion between robot and cassette modes in 9 steps. Perfect for fans looking for a more advanced converting figure. For kids and adults ages 8 and up
• AWESOME ACCESSORIES: Comes with 2 thruster blasters and 2 pile driver accessories
• BIG SCREEN-INSPIRED: This 3.5-inch Decepticon Rumble (Blue) figure is inspired by the character’s appearance in The Transformers: The Movie
I'm down for them just renaming him to "Rumble (Blue)" going forward.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

So wait, will this cassette mode fit in any version of Soundwave?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Dabir posted:

So wait, will this cassette mode fit in any version of Soundwave?

Should fit the Siege/Earthrise ones. Don't know about the SS Bumblebee one. Does make me wonder if an SS86 Soundwave might be incoming.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

At 3.5" tall there's no way it's going to fit in any Soundwaves. Well, maybe the MP. The "micromaster" Rumble that fits in Legacy/Earthrise Soundwave is like 1.5" tall max. The cassette bots were always mass shifters, and I'd rather have a to-scale robot mode than Soundwave integration.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

ugh just put out a mass-release version of the Spy Patrol Rumble (Blue) and Buzzsaw (Yellow)

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I think I'm pretty happy with Sixgun after all. Some slightly floppy ankles and a set of numbers that isn't stamped properly aren't the end of the world and lord knows I have figures with looser joints that are definitely legit. Plus, he turns into a sick jetpack and leg rotors set for Optimus in robot mode, or this beautiful monstrosity in truck mode:

I could probably tweak the details, rearrange the accessories, maybe fold the sides down, and it's a shame those hands are so very visible, but I reckon the core of what's going on here is great.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Joe Fisto posted:

Amazon just changed the delivery date for Legacy Jihaxus to Friday. They’re also listing Sludge for Friday. Fingers crossed!

Jihaxus has shipped. I should have him tomorrow.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Joe Fisto posted:

Jihaxus has shipped. I should have him tomorrow.

I don’t even see him listed on Amazon :confused:

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Xenomrph posted:

I don’t even see him listed on Amazon :confused:

Transformers Toys Generations Legacy Voyager G2 Universe Jhiaxus Action Figure - Kids Ages 8 and Up, 7-inch https://a.co/d/5RC3Tsg

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

ugh just put out a mass-release version of the Spy Patrol Rumble (Blue) and Buzzsaw (Yellow)

They can't do that. The Micromaster Laserbeak mold is gang molded with Ravage.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I'll be very sad about having to buy Stripes too, but I'll deal with it. Somehow.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I agree, Blaster needs more tapes.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It's being said that if you unclip G2 core Megatron's tank front backpack, clip it back on upside down, then turn his head, waist and elbows backwards, you can approximate the G2 tank hood chest look.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Nodosaur posted:

They can't do that. The Micromaster Laserbeak mold is gang molded with Ravage.

:ssh: I know, last time this came up I did a digibash of how you could get a Buzzsaw and a Howlback by changing the black to dark blue

It's not a great solution tbh :smith: Maybe it'd be Garboil instead of Buzzsaw.

Gravitas Shortfall fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Jul 7, 2022

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I found a slightly dilapidated G1 Twin Twist in my local independent nerd shop. Well I went back there today, and look who else they had!

And he's in shockingly good condition! He's in dire need of a clean and a new set of stickers, but his motor is still strong enough to push him along and do the jumpstart thing, and his arms are both stiff enough to hold a gun!

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
I can't remember the last time I saw a jumpstarter that could actually jump. good find!

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Dabir posted:

his arms are both stiff enough to hold a gun!

This is practically unheard of. An incredible find.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Holy poo poo.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
HOW MUCH AND WHERE AND WHO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

HOW MUCH AND WHERE AND WHO

Doesn't seem to be announced yet but if those are leaking now I'd expect more info soon. Seems to be official Takara.

And I'm saying at least $300.