Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

doesnt work since UK has no humanity to reject

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.
new british pub song called 99 letters of resignation

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jose posted:

Please God make sure starmer resigns over the fine before Boris is actually gone

Good things do not happen in the United Kingdom

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Let's

loving

go

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

forkboy84 posted:

Someone worse will take over so it's not a good thing just a funny thing

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Gripweed posted:

Is the Labour Party well positioned to take advantage of the Tory's weakness?
there's still a reasonable chance keith could resign basically by accident, yes

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Chucat posted:

no there's a leadership election that takes place.

From what I remember a bunch of MPs basically say if they want to run or not (think US primary), and they get put on a ballot where all the MPs vote, the people with the lowest votes get eliminated, there's another ballot and the lowest person eliminated etc until there's two left and then there's an election that takes place among the general Tory membership and the winner becomes PM.

Last couple of leadership elections I think everyone quit before the final step.

just do ranked choice voting instead of this multiple rounds poo poo

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

TACD posted:

there's still a reasonable chance keith could resign basically by accident, yes
I'm still baffled as to why Kieth decided hanging this noose around his own neck was a good idea. Politically it did nothing against Johnson.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The man is incapable of not standing on a rake

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
oh, but the takes are up by a third! and so...

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Flayer posted:

I'm still baffled as to why Kieth decided hanging this noose around his own neck was a good idea. Politically it did nothing against Johnson.

He's got the political instincts of a particularly stupid dog.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I can't believe boris johnson is loving dead

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Sky News are saying a bunch of people who resigned are now trying to unresign now Boris is gone

Extreme normality

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Jose posted:

Someone worse will take over so it's not a good thing just a funny thing

all we can hope for is that they get wackier and wackier

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Flayer posted:

being more honest than boris johnson is his entire pitch for leadership (in lieu of ideas, charisma, any authentic desire to help people, etc). trying to big-dick social convention and the norms patrol is only really viable if you have a political project and support for it. and starmer's project, destroying the labour left, is done now so he's just kinda milling around

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Boris is absolutely expecting to run for the leadership election and win so he can avoid being fired from his job.

He has literally been fired from every single job he has ever had, what an absolute wasteman.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

We're gonna get pm Starmer lol

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Godspeed you hosed up liquor golem

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Venomous posted:

oh my God, I just realised. Corbyn won.

A few months before the 2019 election, Mark Blyth talked about how Corbyn really didn't want to be Prime Minister, because let's be honest, it's a poo poo job, especially during Brexit.

So what did Corbyn really want to do? He wanted to destroy the Conservative Party, the party of Margaret Thatcher, the party of British austerity, the party that is almost single-handedly responsible for maintaining the feudal system in 2022. Corbyn bears part of the responsibility for Boris Johnson becoming Prime Minister, because he knew that this kind of poo poo would happen.

Sure, Labour lost in 2019, but I'm pretty sure Corbyn was fine with that, not least because it was a poisoned chalice, but also because it led to what we're seeing right now: Boris Johnson dropping the ball so badly that it may well kill off the Conservative Party forever. Granted, that may not happen, and we might still be doomed to eternal Tory government after this, but hey, it was certainly worth a try.

this is the biggest huff of desperate copium I have ever seen

like, you do realize that there’s no difference between keir starmer and the most insane Tory out there

the left has been totally crushed to dirt and the drooling idiot British Neanderthals will never vote for someone as good as corbyn was.

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 11:49 on Jul 7, 2022

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
come on bojo this isn't humiliating enough at all. waiting for the full trousers-around-ankles final act

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

forkboy84 posted:

They do, but only to give people hopes to be dashed.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Let's

loving

go

My uncle used to party a lot in his 20s and 30s and he swears on his life that Theresa may came to a party at his once and specifically asked for “the weak marijuana”

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
well she would, she's type one isn't she? she can't take something that would make her eat a bunch

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
would be really funny if the queen died right...now

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

my boy didn't resign and appointed a new cabinet

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
frankie boyle coming out for communism after 2015-2019 is very, very funny.

https://twitter.com/katamaridumassy/status/1544953072081838080?s=20&t=C0XvrOMadPjkcN6-xcjh5w

watching the alleged centre left go from the singularly most unhinged and derranged response to boring social democracy and then try and pivot a few years later is one of my favourite spectator sports. stick to charity jack monroe you loving sap.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

massive spider posted:

My uncle used to party a lot in his 20s and 30s and he swears on his life that Theresa may came to a party at his once and specifically asked for “the weak marijuana”

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Gollum is very angry, yessss my precious. Hell hath no bathos like a fascist snowflake triggered.

https://twitter.com/Dominic2306/status/1544959901822320642

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol nytimes just updated from "Boris Johnson to resign" to "expected to resign"

lfg :unsmigghh:

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

the white hand posted:

lol nytimes just updated from "Boris Johnson to resign" to "expected to resign"

lfg :unsmigghh:

i always beleived in my boy

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
don't do it boris, crush the saboteurs.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Communist Thoughts posted:

We're gonna get pm Starmer lol

how? tories have a massive majority and even if there was an election for some unfathomable reason i'm sure starmer would figure out how to lose more seats

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

forkboy84 posted:

Sky News are saying a bunch of people who resigned are now trying to unresign now Boris is gone

Extreme normality

he should unresign too then

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

atelier morgan posted:

how? tories have a massive majority and even if there was an election for some unfathomable reason i'm sure starmer would figure out how to lose more seats

It's the outcome that most conclusively owns and wastes the lives of every British left winger so it's the one I'm betting on

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Starmer has a commanding -1% popularity rating, everyone still hates corbyn so much lol

https://twitter.com/ElectionMapsUK/status/1544996813480009728?s=20&t=0Skl3OdczfRW3ytD0sdWow

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Jel Shaker posted:

he should unresign too then

An endless cycle of resignation and counter-resignation. Ouroboros as government.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Haha he's saying he's staying until they have a new leader. Great

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Communist Thoughts posted:

Starmer has a commanding -1% popularity rating, everyone still hates corbyn so much lol

https://twitter.com/ElectionMapsUK/status/1544996813480009728?s=20&t=0Skl3OdczfRW3ytD0sdWow

wow British people loving suck

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Our press especially the BBC is insanely damaging to the public

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

bojo understands you gotta let the finale cliffhanger simmer over summer until the new season