Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I legit thought it was a person high-fiving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Maybe it’s a Nazi salute

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's :/ but for a cyclops

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

cheetah7071 posted:

o/ is a person waving. The o is the head and the / is the arm

Idk if you're actually confused by that but I've seen people confused by it before

o7

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Lali-ho!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

orz

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Rarity posted:

...Bowsette...

I'm gonna need a bigger bat

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Just bought and replayed Bully cause of the Steam summer sale, and it might be the best Rockstar games and in my top 10 list tbh. I realized while playing it that you can really see the foundation of the "immersive sim" experience that Rockstar would carry over into RDR 2. But what I really like is how solid the core beat em up gameplay is and the fun collection of minigames. This is sorta a vacuous statement, but Bully is a videogame that really FEELS like a videogame, and the sound design is phenomenal and it has one of the best OSTs of all time imo.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Friend posted:

The layoffs today were all corporate, mostly merchants and ecommerce people. Allegedly they are going to reinvest that into all the brick and mortar stores they keep closing, but they completely dissolved one of the teams that was pretty vital to getting products onto their website so it sure seems like they're putting ecommerce waaay on the backburner. Pretty sure they're just using retail stores to fund their NFT venture at this point.

Source: I was one of the 150+ today.

:( I’m sorry you got laid off today. I hope you’re able to bounce back and get back on your feet quickly.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Buschmaki posted:

Just bought and replayed Bully cause of the Steam summer sale, and it might be the best Rockstar games and in my top 10 list tbh. I realized while playing it that you can really see the foundation of the "immersive sim" experience that Rockstar would carry over into RDR 2. But what I really like is how solid the core beat em up gameplay is and the fun collection of minigames. This is sorta a vacuous statement, but Bully is a videogame that really FEELS like a videogame, and the sound design is phenomenal and it has one of the best OSTs of all time imo.

The soundtrack is absolutely GOAT. Shawn Lee nailed greaser and prep themes and drat near everything else, it cannot be overstated how much flavor and life the soundtrack gives to the game.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Friend posted:

The layoffs today were all corporate, mostly merchants and ecommerce people. Allegedly they are going to reinvest that into all the brick and mortar stores they keep closing, but they completely dissolved one of the teams that was pretty vital to getting products onto their website so it sure seems like they're putting ecommerce waaay on the backburner. Pretty sure they're just using retail stores to fund their NFT venture at this point.

Source: I was one of the 150+ today.

I'm sorry to hear that Friend. It's an absurdly tight labor market at the moment which favors applicants. Hopefully you'll land on your feet quickly and got corpo severance

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

I'm... pretty sure you can? In fact I'm pretty sure at least one psync has a 999 interact that actually requires it.

DemoneeHo posted:

Are... are your buttons properly working? You should be able use them as long as you don't have negative TIMIEs, and if you have those, use the negative TIMIEs on an action with a short time duration.

Idk guys, all I know is that if I do something that takes a significant chunk of time like 60 seconds and select one the game tells me “TIMIE will not be used? Proceed anyway?”

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Last Celebration posted:

Idk guys, all I know is that if I do something that takes a significant chunk of time like 60 seconds and select one the game tells me “TIMIE will not be used? Proceed anyway?”

If you're playing the first game you need to select the timie you want to use and then press a button to activate it.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Last Celebration posted:

This could be worded better but it's the game trying to tell you that you're doing a big rear end selection without a TIMIE

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

this is the correct answer, and the lali-ho emote is just a person going like o/ anyway.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I miss the old days, when upstanding young gentlemen would should "SHAZBOT" at each other as they crossed paths on the sidewalk

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i am finally trying to play skyrim for the first time ever in my human life but my loving god this combat sucks, it's like watching fistfighting marionettes

i'm sure this is a common question but is there something i'm missing about it and/or mods that make it not suck rear end

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Vermain posted:

i am finally trying to play skyrim for the first time ever in my human life but my loving god this combat sucks, it's like watching fistfighting marionettes

i'm sure this is a common question but is there something i'm missing about it and/or mods that make it not suck rear end

i think you know the answer in your heart

(it's mods, lots and lots of mods to improve the combat)

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Arrrthritis posted:

If you're playing the first game you need to select the timie you want to use and then press a button to activate it.

Yeah I’ve been doing that, I use them for smaller stuff just fine but that message comes up specifically if I select a TIMIE for big stuff but not if I don’t select one at all for the same section.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Kerrzhe posted:

i think you know the answer in your heart

(it's mods, lots and lots of mods to improve the combat)

is there a recommended compilation of combat mods, or do i have to get my shovel and hit the nexusmods mines

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Andrast posted:

Hedge funds are not a monolith, some got a bunch of money out of it and some didn't

which is one the billion reasons why the "we are owning the hedge funds" thing was very dumb

Its even "funnier" because Im pretty sure the people rallying the people on reddit were themselves hedgefunds/large investors who cashed out immediately while promoting diamond hands garbage to the bag holders

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Buschmaki posted:

Bully is so loving good, yeah. I remember when I first played it I didn't have a controller and it was a miserable experience with m/kb so I abandoned it. Played it later on with a controller and holy poo poo what an incredible game.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/GoNintendoTweet/status/1544734815047614467?t=a9VHhcPvMW5EaWX27AMcSg&s=19

Ah, it's been about three months since the Switch Pro was totally coming, time to do this nonsense again.

September? Bullshit. If it's coming it's going to be with Breath of the Wild 2, so they won't say a word until November IMO.

Jay Rust posted:

FFXIV lore question:

Is this the agreed-upon eorzean greeting

I've never seen 'the wave' before. I've seen a lot of 'the salute' though.

I presume that 'the salute' is both a friendly greeting but also an acknowledgement that they're only here because they slammed the daily roulette button. o7

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

DalaranJ posted:

September? Bullshit. If it's coming it's going to be with Breath of the Wild 2, so they won't say a word until November IMO.

I've never seen 'the wave' before. I've seen a lot of 'the salute' though.

I presume that 'the salute' is both a friendly greeting but also an acknowledgement that they're only here because they slammed the daily roulette button. o7

It just says "new Switch" so I'm assuming it's another limited design like the Splatoon one. Maybe one to go with the rumored Metroid Prime remasters, that seems like it might be their big holiday game.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It’ll be a lite OLED and the clock will reset

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
me beating up the president of Bandai Namco us: where is klonoa you mother fucker

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I they don’t klanoa what you’re talking about

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I played and finished a short puzzle game recently called Cats in Time. It's a game where you have a 3D diorama and you do little easy puzzles in order to rescue a cat. There are 4 dioramas per era and I think about 8 eras in total, with 10 cats in each diorama. Each diorama also has 3 pieces of a postcard hidden in it and collecting every postcard lets you unlock a secret bonus diorama but for the most part it was just a game about clicking on cats who managed to time travel and trap themselves in a variety of mechanical vaults and safes throughout history.

I also found out that the devs pledged to donate to their local cat shelter charity thing for every 100k cats that players find. Their page about it mentioned that by the end of last year they were already at 8 million cats, so that's cool that this little Croatian developer has tied their game and player progress to a charity thing. :)

Since I finished playing that game though I decided to try out Romancing SaGa 2. I'm hoping I don't manage to permanently screw myself over somehow. I wish I could rebind the controls but oh well. I've just gotten to the part where the game asks if I want to go after the goblin outpost or not. I'm not sure if that's still in prologue territory or not but it's at least after the whole inheritance thing is introduced. I really wish this game would let me read item descriptions from the equipment menu instead of having to swap back and forth from inventory to equipment.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Vermain posted:

The answer is to stick to ranged/magic combat

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Playing a stealth archer is by far the most fun way to play skyrim

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The melee kill cams are neat. Get urself a mod that increases the chances of those happening

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Last Celebration posted:

Yeah I’ve been doing that, I use them for smaller stuff just fine but that message comes up specifically if I select a TIMIE for big stuff but not if I don’t select one at all for the same section.

I'm not sure how it's possible but the situation you're describing is the reverse of how it's supposed to work and how it has always worked for me. That message only shows up if you don't select a timie for big stuff. Either you're misinterpreting it somehow or something weird I can't explain is happening but that's not the normal behavior.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

The Skull and Bones gameplay reveal has convinced me that it's time to ban developers from using resource collecting and crafting as a gameplay mechanic for the next decade or two.
It's in loving everything, it's always the same goddamn tedious process, it sucks poo poo and is empty grinding to pad out the playtime of a game.

Full disclosure I'll likely get it anyway because I'm a complete mark for pirate poo poo so I'm aware I'm part of the problem, but that doesn't mean I'm not right.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I like pirates but I don't like naval combat gameplay so I'm quite happy to continue not giving Ubisoft money.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Buschmaki posted:

Remember when some British tabloid or whatever decided that a game called Bully was the sickest, vilest filth imaginable and successfully made the game change name in Europe to some weird latin phrase?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It'd be pretty nice if resource collecting and crafting were innovated on but so many games just kinda toss them in and they're more akin to fetch quests or those mmo "kill x monster" quests

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Personally I avoid it by buying games that didn't have their premise and list of features developed by an AI trained on sales numbers.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Is the resource gathering in Monster Hunter still OK? :ohdear:

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

stev posted:

Is the resource gathering in Monster Hunter still OK? :ohdear:

Never was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

They should re-remake Sid Meier's Pirates.
They, being a good developer that won't ruin it.