Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

alexander "the mittani" gianturco: mcwolf i am so sorry this happened to you. i know this won't fix things, but... please... accept this voucher for 6.9% off on modern furniture that refuses to be mainstream. But please give it to your husband. Or boyfriend - whoever you have to ask permission from to go on the computer. yes, the funny sex number, that's right. again, a million apologies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

alexander "the mittani" gianturco: mcwolf i am so sorry this happened to you. i know this won't fix things, but... please... accept this voucher for 6.9% off on modern furniture that refuses to be mainstream. But please give it to your husband. Or boyfriend - whoever you have to ask permission from to go on the computer. yes, the funny sex number, that's right. again, a million apologies.

lmao

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

:vince:

Baculus fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jul 12, 2022

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Fiacre posted:

There is a whole lot of pearl clutching going on itt from goons whose edgelord posting pre-2012 had molecular grade sharpness.

I too have to dig back ten or more years to discredit other posters. Grow up or go back to Reddit.

tocooljim posted:

Liquidium, on 11 Jul 2022 - 9:42 PM, said:

What happens when the harassment involves the leadership that is supposed to be enforcing this?

TheAdj:

We are discussing including non-directors in the review team to help cover this somewhat so we do not have any "we investigated ourselves and found nothing wrong" situations. I personally feel that if a complaint was made with evidence against an alliance director, we would take action to remove them. If you want to get into some deep hypotheticals, there are some people that control the levers of both our infrastructure and in-game presence that would be difficult to remove and would likely result in re-building the alliance. Using myself as an example I am relatively easy to remove, I could blow up Waffe/steal a bunch of alliance assets/delete a bunch of IT data but the actual alliance identity and infra would be intact. For some other people it would probably be impossible to remove them. That is simply the nature of how the game and a lot of real world items work. Understand this could happen for 'any' reason, not just this really awful one we are talking about, and it is simply something we would have to work through. Honestly this falls more into BC/DR than harassment, it's the "hit by a bus" problem in sensitive jobs like IT where if the one guy with all the keys disappeared how would you continue operating.

------

So basically they are considering themselves the untouchables. Literally Blizzard's "We found we did nothing wrong".

lmao, "thinking about"

Maybe don't give one dude all the keys? idk, feels like a solved problem

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

idk maybe i'm just being a doomer but if your organization relies on a single point that just seems like lovely design????? like adapt or loving die.

edit: gently caress; beaten

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Sickening posted:

I find irony in boat trying to clown Cryo on the way out.

Please post logs so I can laugh at them tho

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
This is well into a Category 5 Posting Event

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

boat trying to clown on anyone is probably the most pathetic poo poo you've ever read, tbh.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
jay 4 ceo

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Warmachine posted:

I too have to dig back ten or more years to discredit other posters. Grow up or go back to Reddit.

lmao, "thinking about"

Go easy, he is a computer toucher in oil and gas. That is usually associated with small head counts and non-complex systems. There is a short ceiling for concepts that can be learned there. Its always the sysadmins in these types of orgs who always seem to overestimate themselves though.

Also eve is definitely dumb with controls.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
oh i got linked it lmao. mans showing his brain meats today

quote:

(12:23:44 PM) dabigredboat: mittens tends to do a good job of dealing with people who are loving asshats, person a does dumb/horrible/creepy/political extreme poo poo, person a is shot and removed after review
(12:23:53 PM) dabigredboat: one thing he almost always does right
(12:23:58 PM) hammyhamm: dabigredboat: yes just like in this cashahahashahhaa
(12:08:39 PM) hammyhamm: RIP cryo
(12:09:20 PM) dabigredboat: wait
(12:09:23 PM) dabigredboat: did cryo leave?
(12:09:25 PM) liquidium: yes
(12:09:26 PM) dinin_dalael: yes
(12:09:27 PM) dabigredboat: I dont get the broadcast
(12:09:27 PM) desmond_palaam: yea
(12:09:33 PM) hammyhamm: losing cryo is a canary because he was probably the most intelligent, well measured person you had left
(12:09:43 PM) atrum@laptop: we were apparently thinking about it doing it in new york too, but some one bought a disabled powerplant in the finger lakes and restarted it to mine crypto
(12:09:52 PM) atrum@laptop: so the new york enviros already outlawed it
(12:10:00 PM) dabigredboat: I dont understand the broadcast though
(12:10:11 PM) desmond_palaam: at one point I joked that the only way for papi to win would be for goons to catastrophically shatter
(12:10:22 PM) desmond_palaam: we're about to see if that was accidentally not a joke
(12:10:23 PM) hammyhamm: any thread with the fnln leak and posters got nuked just now
(12:10:33 PM) lord_benz: SA is probably the better place to get caught up cause mittens cant just nuke it
(12:10:35 PM) angry_mustache: he dropped corp over the drama
(12:11:44 PM) dabigredboat: umm but how did he broadcast before leaving?
(12:11:59 PM) angry_mustache: he's a director, he can do all pings
(12:12:00 PM) dabigredboat: im so confused
(12:12:26 PM) dabigredboat: angry_mustache: you mean "WAS" a director!
(12:12:28 PM) dabigredboat: ha
(12:12:28 PM) lord_benz: dbrb i feel like youre focusing on the wrong thing
(12:12:36 PM) casadorr: thinking the same thing dbrb
(12:12:38 PM) dabigredboat: what should I focus on?
(12:12:53 PM) dabigredboat: because the fact he stepped on all those rakes is funny as heck
(12:13:15 PM) klavas: hammyhamm: his choice to make, hate to see him go

For context this was my final broadcast before I self-purged

quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WZLJpMOxS4
‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍
This was a broadcast from cryo_huren to all at 2022-07-12 01:50:39.427211 EVE

Fiacre
Apr 14, 2010

Covering up sex crimes is a little like selling spacebucks for cash when you really think about it!
Hey I’m really glad you guys went through your racism and homophobia puberty and now you’re all grown up but if you posted ironic n words and highfived about raping the pubbies back in the day maybe you could stop galloping around on those v tall horses

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

jays a good guy i dunno if i wanna drop this situation on him but im sure he'd have handled it better

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

quote:

12:23:44 PM) dabigredboat: mittens tends to do a good job of dealing with people who are loving asshats, person a does dumb/horrible/creepy/political extreme poo poo, person a is shot and removed after review
(12:23:53 PM) dabigredboat: one thing he almost always does right
(12:23:58 PM) hammyhamm: dabigredboat: yes just like in this cashahahashahhaa
[10:45 PM]
(12:08:39 PM) hammyhamm: RIP cryo
(12:09:20 PM) dabigredboat: wait
(12:09:23 PM) dabigredboat: did cryo leave?
(12:09:25 PM) liquidium: yes
(12:09:26 PM) dinin_dalael: yes
(12:09:27 PM) dabigredboat: I dont get the broadcast
(12:09:27 PM) desmond_palaam: yea
(12:09:33 PM) hammyhamm: losing cryo is a canary because he was probably the most intelligent, well measured person you had left
(12:09:43 PM) atrum@laptop: we were apparently thinking about it doing it in new york too, but some one bought a disabled powerplant in the finger lakes and restarted it to mine crypto
(12:09:52 PM) atrum@laptop: so the new york enviros already outlawed it
(12:10:00 PM) dabigredboat: I dont understand the broadcast though
(12:10:11 PM) desmond_palaam: at one point I joked that the only way for papi to win would be for goons to catastrophically shatter
(12:10:22 PM) desmond_palaam: we're about to see if that was accidentally not a joke
(12:10:23 PM) hammyhamm: any thread with the fnln leak and posters got nuked just now
(12:10:33 PM) lord_benz: SA is probably the better place to get caught up cause mittens cant just nuke it
(12:10:35 PM) angry_mustache: he dropped corp over the drama
(12:11:44 PM) dabigredboat: umm but how did he broadcast before leaving?
(12:11:59 PM) angry_mustache: he's a director, he can do all pings
(12:12:00 PM) dabigredboat: im so confused
(12:12:26 PM) dabigredboat: angry_mustache: you mean "WAS" a director!
(12:12:28 PM) dabigredboat: ha
(12:12:28 PM) lord_benz: dbrb i feel like youre focusing on the wrong thing
(12:12:36 PM) casadorr: thinking the same thing dbrb
(12:12:38 PM) dabigredboat: what should I focus on?
(12:12:53 PM) dabigredboat: because the fact he stepped on all those rakes is funny as heck
(12:13:15 PM) klavas: hammyhamm: his choice to make, hate to see him go

i literally hate seeing this morons name, so reposting this is a public service

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Warmachine posted:

Ehhh...in this case, with the way the game is structured it can be exceedingly difficult to remove certain people at the core of the corp/alliance, so theadj isn't wrong in his assessment.

I mean, in multimillion dollar real life corps if you get harassed by Director or C-level people you're not going to get a favorable result either, so pretending like that's a solved problem is disingenuous. At least with internet spaceship games you're far more likely to see a mass revolt/walkout over abuse/controversy.

From the broad strokes adj has been laying out the new theoretical policy should cover most scenarios...but I'll reserve judgement til I see actual stuff posted.

This whole situation sucks rear end though and I'm seriously disappointed/borderline horrified in how this was handled.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Fiacre posted:

Hey I’m really glad you guys went through your racism and homophobia puberty and now you’re all grown up but if you posted ironic n words and highfived about raping the pubbies back in the day maybe you could stop galloping around on those v tall horses

seems theadj is trying to go through his right now. maybe you could give him a hand with that and get the gently caress off these forums forever.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Solus posted:

oh i got linked it lmao. mans showing his brain meats today

For context this was my final broadcast before I self-purged

Just the smoothest brain. Like the x-axis on a cartesian plane. Beautiful in its way.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

OAquinas posted:

From the broad strokes adj has been laying out the new theoretical policy should cover most scenarios...but I'll reserve judgement til I see actual stuff posted.

it's pretty hard to trust anything they come up with if the final arbiter is the guy in fnln's chat logs

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Fiacre posted:

you're dumb as hell lol

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
boat is one of the singular most unpleasantly stupid people i have ever encountered in my life and he literally thinks all the people telling him so are just razzing him and are his friends

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer

Jazerus posted:

men lounging their own way

tocooljim
Jan 6, 2009
(7:50:48 PM) liquidium: the_mittani: Man gently caress you. I was trying to say something at least something insirping. But you just want to be a loving troll like Elon Musk. loving "Crazy enough to run this" There have been plenty of alliances that have run poo poo just fine through different people. At least Blizzard is getting some oversight. Yeah man, poo poo was funny in 2008. Lot's of us grew up. Apparently you are still a child, but that isn't going to do anything because you are a misogynistic narcissistic sociopath that is desperatly trying to hang on to some sort of control. loving game isn't fun, loving goons aint fun no more. And all you can do is redirect to "Blame Delta". Oh you were so hot for us and "Could shoot the poo poo with the old guard". Then here you go trying to burn us down when you get called out for some bullshit. So gently caress off with the childish bullshit.

(7:51:32 PM) the_mittani: :words: even i love that one :hurr:

(7:51:52 PM) liquidium: the_mittani: here is a more simplistic thing you can read. Eat my rear end.
(7:51:55 PM) the_mittani: i'm not going to ban or r/o you guys for posting paragraphs of poo poo at me but i'm going to roll my loving eyes at it

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

OAquinas posted:

Ehhh...in this case, with the way the game is structured it can be exceedingly difficult to remove certain people at the core of the corp/alliance, so theadj isn't wrong in his assessment.

I mean, in multimillion dollar real life corps if you get harassed by Director or C-level people you're not going to get a favorable result either, so pretending like that's a solved problem is disingenuous. At least with internet spaceship games you're far more likely to see a mass revolt/walkout over abuse/controversy.

This whole situation sucks rear end though and I'm seriously disappointed/borderline horrified in how this was handled.

I probably should have been specific about "the IT infrastructure" in my dunk. I know EVE is a loving hellgame as far as interface. The next step after sorting out the fact that some admin who crack-pings on alt-right talking points could put swastikas all over your web infrastructure is reaching out to CCP about figuring out some kind of emergency scuttle button to get powerful people who abuse power out of those roles. But that kind of thing comes after 1) cleaning your own IT infrastructure and 2) having some kind of policy plan that you can point to as not being usable to arbitrarily invoke any kind of customer service emergency clause. AKA not being something you can invoke because you accidentally gave a spy the keys to the 1DQ1 keepstar.

Given that EVE lives and dies on the function of its large alliances generating content, I'm hopeful CCP would at least be amenable if something is put in place ahead of time.

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

every time i look in this thread, it gets more and more horrific with the bullshit goons pull.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

brokenknee posted:

every time i look in this thread, it gets more and more horrific with the bullshit goons pull.

I recommend weed.

Getting a prescription was the best thing I've done in like... 5 years.

:350:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Solus posted:

https://betterdiscord.app/ gently caress that just use a plugin

WHY ARE YOU JUST NOW POSTING THIS YOU JERK

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

PuppiesAndKitties posted:

men lounging their own way

Carth Dookie posted:

Just the smoothest brain. Like the x-axis on a cartesian plane. Beautiful in its way.

folks, does anyone know where I can pick up a modern-chic barcalounger that I can gently caress and then IGNORE ITS PLEAS FOR HELP and SAW DOWN A TREE AFTER

Yow! That's Some Spicy Mulligatawny!

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Captain Melo posted:

Gonna get mad and rage quit again because people won't bow down and kiss your ring?

wibla has some odd power fantasy, in every discord server i see him in where he doesn't have moderator powers he's a sly coy little bootlicker and the ones he has the roles in he's some uber internet tough guy who does whatever he wants, unless it costs him his power

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

tocooljim posted:

(7:50:48 PM) liquidium: the_mittani: (words)(words)(words)(words)
(7:51:32 PM) the_mittani: (words)
(7:51:52 PM) liquidium: (words)
(7:51:55 PM) the_mittani: (words)

are you unironically reposting your jabber sickburns so you'll fit in with everyone foaming at the mouth right now?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

me bottom right

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Bigbillthaboss posted:

are you unironically reposting your jabber sickburns so you'll fit in with everyone foaming at the mouth right now?

turn on your monitor

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Fiacre posted:

Please gently caress off.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Bigbillthaboss posted:

Consider no longer posting.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Rhymenoserous posted:

Women don’t report poo poo to cops because the first several hours of talking to a cop about anything is them trying to find a way to spin the victim into a criminal.

generally in my experience 90% of women that call for help don't follow through because they go back to their man and/or don't want them to get in trouble

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Globby go to bed

tocooljim
Jan 6, 2009

Bigbillthaboss posted:

Are you unironically a moronic pile of poo poo so that you can be as ignorant like all the "edgy" kiddies?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Globby go to bed

i'm in bed dad

i have 7 more pages to read to catch up on this riveting forums postine

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Dieting Hippo posted:

:staredog: (5:18:02 PM) The Mittani: this has been going on for months and this bitch can't find a block button and is sending us walls of goddamned text, and when the entire directorate goes over the complaint - loving PAGES of words - and we don't have anything other then he said she said breakup bullshit

is it true? what the gently caress even happened? i'm not reading an essay when someone should be able to tell me what the gently caress even happened

like did he go to her house irl? did he say sexist poo poo on comms? is it every time she logged on she had 5000 dms and pms and was harassed via dick pics?

what the gently caress even happened, in 2 sentences or less please holy gently caress

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

ah finally caught up

but yeah does someone wanna actually tell me what actually happened, either on discord with specifics without the pages and pages of literally non info?

like what are the facts, what actually happened, people keep vaguely refering to 'the thing' or 'the stuff' or they post 0947084010-324 words like fnln did but can a normal person just tell me what happened PLEASE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
i think globbys opinions are exactly what we need here