Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Imagine being Franz Ferdinand. All you are remembered for is dying inconveniently. LOL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Facebook Aunt posted:

Imagine being Franz Ferdinand. All you are remembered for is dying inconveniently. LOL.

People will always remember Take Me Out.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Imagine being remembered lol

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

RFC2324 posted:

I was just thinking about the goon who accidentally invaded Syria

Vasudus posted:

I once scraped the side of a very angry CWO4's humvee with mine because I was getting mail for the unit by myself, and I misjudged how much space I had to make a sharp turn in the parking area.

The CWO4 was in the vehicle at the time. He was not pleased.

---------

Being an Engineer on the Iraq/Syria border means a lot of border construction. We had a huge, huge AO and we were responsible for building a 15 foot berm between Iraq/Syria to prevent smugglers, allegedly. Since being inside dozers and ACEs in 120 degree heat is an excuse to have heat casualties, most of the work we would do was at dusk into the night.

So we're out building a berm at a new site at like 0200 and something isn't right. The paper maps had us right were we were supposed to be. The FBCB2 had us about a mile on the wrong side of the border. My XO, believing himself to be the second coming of Patton himself, said that we were fine and to continue on mission. This was his project, after all.

About 0230 rolls around and my gunner says

'uh...SGT Vasudus, a BMP is the wheeled ruskie APC right?'
'...no, why?'
'so what's wheeled with a 50 on it?'
'...that's a BRDM...are you studying for the board or something?'
'see those lights way out to the west? like 50 of those BRDM things are coming right for us'

Welp.

I immediately hop up there and look down the nightvision scope to see what the christ he was talking about. Sure as poo poo, there was a huge fuckoff wheeled and light track force heading for us at high speed. At least two whole company+ sized elements.

I tell my XO that we're on the wrong side of the border and the Syrians aren't very happy about it. He says they're wrong and we'll be fine, and he's gonna call in some air support to scare them off. He relays his coordinates and my TOC informs him that the FBCB2 is correct.

XO comes screaming over the radio 'PACK YOUR poo poo! PACK YOUR poo poo! WE'RE ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE BORDER'

So we quickly left this half finished berm project and immediately left the area back to Iraq.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Bonus:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

RFC2324 posted:

I was just thinking about the goon who accidentally invaded Syria

Oh he intentionally went

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Milo and POTUS posted:

Oh he intentionally went

lol, not caro

he also invaded libya

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Was libya technically a goon project

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I'm sure more than 0 people think it was a Goon Swarm plot.... somehow.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Was libya technically a goon project

A boondoggle where no one learned any lessons?

Then yes

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

CharlestheHammer posted:

A boondoggle where no one learned any lessons?

Then yes

goondoggle

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

lol

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Facebook Aunt posted:

better than his previous accolade of "only in charge because of successful pedo suicide pact"

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Abe was not nearly as beloved by his country as Franz Ferdinand was by his. Also it was a Japanese man who did the deed.

I’m going to deny that the incident ever happened.

It’s what Abe would have wanted.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

oh god i once smoked too much JWH-18, and started having a massive panic attack. i tried typing "weed panic attack symptoms" into google, it took me like three minutes to peck out each letter, and when i looked at the screen before i hit enter what i actually typed into google was like "wer2h aaopfg nbada ghbad" and so i had a choice - i could call 911, or i could simply lay down and die. i decided i was not a narc so i laid down in my bed, prepared to meet my death due to overdose. after a couple hours i was fine but it was god loving awful up until then, grappling with death

weed in general isn't a problem, but it is a problem that people can get too hosed up on too much weed over time or an acute dose of extremely too much weed because of all the super high tolerance folks walking around creating a market for heavy hitting +100mg edibles and the like

Milo and POTUS posted:

I don't really think it's narcing to call an ambulance lol

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

in my defense, i was so high i thought i was going to die so i was not entirely making rational decisions

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Enough about Morally Inept

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
It isn't narcing to call an ambulance as long as you're sure the cops aren't listening in on the call. We will however make fun of you afterwards for getting high and calling an ambulance.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The first time a mate got really drunk he called home in the middle of the night, bellowed "MOTHER? I HAVE BEEN DRUGGED!", hung up, and lost his cell phone.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

The Anime Liker posted:

World War 3 started when a phrenology cultist threw a bunch of mentos in a diet coke and pointed it at a yakuza guy having doodoo cramps in a gas station parking lot.

I thought he was mad at the cult, not a member himself

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

3D Megadoodoo posted:

The first time a mate got really drunk he called home in the middle of the night, bellowed "MOTHER? I HAVE BEEN DRUGGED!", hung up, and lost his cell phone.

Fantastic prank

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Pirate Radar posted:

I thought he was mad at the cult, not a member himself

His mom was a member and he was made at them for stealing her money.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I had a roommate in college who took waaaay too much lsd at a concert and had to leave, then on the way home called his mom, told her he was going to die, then threw his phone out the window when my other roommate tried to grab it to clarify.

He arrived home to myself and a group of my friends having dinner and decided we were throwing a funeral for him, so he freaked out even more and took off into the street.

College was fun. His mom showed up 2 hours later and was extremely understanding.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Chemicals, man. They'll gently caress you up.

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica
I've done a lot of drugs in my time and I've never gotten the whole "I'm dying" thing. The only people I know who experienced it (n=2 out of MANY) were so cripplingly neurotic that, like, I get it. But people thinking it is normal is just *wild* to me.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
My entire life for the last 15 years has been constant stress and watching people bleed out and die in front of me or shoveling dead kids off pavement so I'm pretty sure if I took hallucinogens it wouldn't be fun. I just want my scotch and melatonin gummies and muscle relaxers.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

2nd Amendment posted:

I've done a lot of drugs in my time and I've never gotten the whole "I'm dying" thing. The only people I know who experienced it (n=2 out of MANY) were so cripplingly neurotic that, like, I get it. But people thinking it is normal is just *wild* to me.

It's because those are the only stories people hear about drugs. Nobody tells stories like "The first time my friend got high he watched Adult Swim for 8 hours and fell asleep on the couch".

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The Anime Liker posted:

My entire life for the last 15 years has been constant stress and watching people bleed out and die in front of me or shoveling dead kids off pavement so I'm pretty sure if I took hallucinogens it wouldn't be fun. I just want my scotch and melatonin gummies and muscle relaxers.

Try some weed with that? The mellow stuff, not the paranoia stuff.

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica

The Anime Liker posted:

That's not a funny joke. My grandfather fell off a guard tower.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Khizan posted:

It's because those are the only stories people hear about drugs. Nobody tells stories like "The first time my friend got high he watched Adult Swim for 8 hours and fell asleep on the couch".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnwFmaLiKl4

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Chemicals, man. They'll gently caress you up.

No poo poo. I started out with oxygen and I ended up in this thread.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

(This keeps timing out on the app trying to send. Maybe it’s the universe trying to send me a message. Nah couldn’t be that)

[MOD EDIT: linked url goes to a picture of the blue lives matter flag, where the thin blue line is represented as an impossibly elongated, erect penis of video game character sonic the hedgehog, standing beside the flag. It has been represented to me that (a) sonic is canonically and perpetually 16 year old, thus rendering this illustration a depiction of an underaged person's genitalia ; and (b) despite the popularity of the character and the video games featuring the same, his age may not be known to most people, including the poster, thus it would be unlikely the poster's intent to present an underaged video game character's impossibly elongated erect blue penis as a sexual object, but rather a farcical caricature of the police in America, and a critique of the violence they perpetuate on the society they aim to protect. Users are advised to exercise discretion before clicking the link, which was previously an inline image.]

I’m not even leaving in the URL. The funny part here it the mod note.

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 09:56 on Jul 14, 2022

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

i liked the one with sound

Video Nasty posted:

It needed a little something 🔊
https://i.imgur.com/0zPFpfO.mp4

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Paladinus posted:

People will always remember Take Me Out.

lol

Related-unrelated, I somehow always confuse Franz Ferdinand with the Kaiser Chiefs, and your joke response shone a new light on that.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Khizan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VIehY0Y7lQ

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

2nd Amendment posted:

I tried playing max payne recently but ever since I went nofap I've found that the only release for my masculine energy is dwarf fortress. dwarf fortress is a game like mine craft where you build a settlement with your dwarfs. Like the school in Uvalde, it is important to only have one entrance to your fort and to make sure the gate (door) is strong to keep out monsters. Some get in anyway. Recently one of my migrants was a were-elephant. I did not know that until he transformed inside my fortress. My militia was underdeveloped and through happenstance almost entirely female. So when they went to fight the werecreature they carried their children with them. Similar to what happened in Texas, many children died and those that survived carry wounds both physical (missing limbs) and mental (bad thoughts). Some may even repeat the cycle of violence, I'll know when the next transformation hits. Though Uvalde also reminds me of one of my biggest failures. I was still learning how borrows worked and my militia won't go outside to fight the invading goblins. I had them tricked out in adamantine but they just chilled inside the fort. I feel like the current regulatory "cancel culture" makes police afraid to act in case they get accused of racism so in many ways it works like the borrows setting in DF. We need to unrestricted their movement so they can go back to killing goblins and fighting werecreatures (even if it means a few dead kids) in order for everyone to survive.

Nigmaetcetera posted:

For the love of christ start masturbating again

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

I gotta say I REALLY don't get what's going on with Shdbob//Incel'shok Na/Vitruvian Manic or whatever they'll call themself next. If it's a gimmick it's too weird and disturbing to be enjoyable and if they're just that way then I don't know why they're not perma'd yet, because gatDAMN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I gotta say I REALLY don't get what's going on with Shdbob//Incel'shok Na/Vitruvian Manic or whatever they'll call themself next. If it's a gimmick it's too weird and disturbing to be enjoyable and if they're just that way then I don't know why they're not perma'd yet, because gatDAMN.

Yeah, it's not even someone being completely deranged in a way that's amusing like the guy who thinks we can solve COVID by destroying organized religion. It's just weird serial killer vibes.