Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Five Tory contenders go mad on Brexit Island – High jinks from Rishi Sunak, Penny Mordaunt, Liz Truss, Kemi Badenoch… and Tommy the Dog"

Sunday Telegraph:

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the Tory leadership race hotting up – The five remaining contenders in the Conservative leadership race are taking part in a TV debate as Britain braces for its highest ever temperatures"

Telegraph:

:sun: UK weather: Heatwave meltdown brings Britain to a halt :supaburn:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
You've changed your tune Blower, you absolute oval office.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He probably thinks those things are reprehensible slacking and would not be necessary if people just worked in the office like god intended.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Tory leadership race – Conservative MPs culled the five-strong field by one more in a vote on Monday"

Telegraph:

:sun: Record highs, travel chaos, schools close ... and it’s going to get hotter - Britain in a heatwave :supaburn:

Matt:

Times:

UK heatwave: Fires destroy homes in London and Kent — follow live

Evening Standard:

Tory leadership race heats up as Liz Truss and Penny Mordaunt close gap on Rishi Sunak

David Squires:

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
gently caress off Blower!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Those old people are dead. Direct sunlight through the open window with one puny fan.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Conservative party’s contract with reality – As Britain burns, Tory party members prepare to choose their next leader – and our next PM"

Telegraph:

Iran rolls out the red carpet for Vladimir Putin as it seeks to strengthen ties with Russia

Matt:

:sun: London's firefighters have 'busiest day since Second World War' as temperatures break 40C for first time :supaburn:

Independent:

Kemi Badenoch eliminated from Tory leadership contest in fourth ballot of MPs

Times:

Tory leadership TV debate shelved amid infighting concerns

Evening Standard:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Also, stealing this edit from Big Thread:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Tories brace for ‘blue on blue dogfight’ in last round of leadership race - Rishi Sunak and Liz Truss to face off after Penny Mordaunt is voted out, as party members prepare to pick PM

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Rishi Sunak v Liz Truss – Freakish flames fail to grab attention of two would-be prime ministers"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

‘Hasta la vista, baby’ — Boris Johnson signs off at final PMQs

Evening Standard:

Bonus!
https://twitter.com/stephen_collins/status/1549780941257805831

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Liz Truss’s campaign to lead the Tory party – Truss has denied that she has been modelling herself on Margaret Thatcher, telling BBC Radio 4’s Today programme: “I am my own person.”"

Telegraph:

" I will be the heir to Margaret Thatcher - If I become PM, I will deliver the radical set of reforms need to unleash growth" - Rishi Sunak

Independent:

Times:

Rishi Sunak facing fight to win over party that mistrusts him

Evening Standard:

Resurfaced video shows Liz Truss as monarchy-bashing student Lib Dem member; England captain Leah Williamson hails Lionesses’ mentality in Spain comeback: ‘We weren’t going home’

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on UK prime ministers, present and future - Boris Johnson and his would-be successors fully embrace fantasy"

Telegraph:

Liz Truss vows to maintain spending and targets ‘public service reforms’

Independent:

Truss already on verge of first U-turn before even getting PM job; After Degas.

The i paper:

Times:

Trump ignored pleas to call off Capitol riot, January 6 hearing told

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Knight Sunak and lady Truss: who will slay the dragon of inflation? – The two candidates for PM square up in a medieval fairytale"

Sunday Telegraph:

Stop blaming Brexit for Dover chaos, Rishi Sunak tells French

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Eat poo poo Mac

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
THAT'S not where she loving went

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Jimmy Savile kept the door propped open for her.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

:hmmyes:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Hah! Wonderful work! :yayclod:

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

The Scottish saw to that even without all the government brought shovels.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Tories showing their toughness – Liz Truss and Rishi Sunak deliver new blows to refugees to impress party members"

Telegraph:

Dover travel chaos will get worse as 'nobody wants a lorry park near them'

Times:

Evening Standard:

Conservative leadership race: Liz Truss and Rishi Sunak do battle on economy ahead of key debate

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Liz Truss’s ‘red meat’ policy offerings – The Tory leadership candidate has been accused of aiming to please party members rather than address the UK’s biggest problems"

Telegraph:

How the Tory leadership debate played out as Liz Truss drops Boris Johnson bombshell

Times:

Cut the bile or we’ll be nasty party again, say Tory grandees

Evening Standard:

Conservative leadership race: Rishi Sunak and Liz Truss intensify attacks during Tory leadership TV debate

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on a Tory civil war – Surreal antics of Liz Truss and Rishi Sunak earn them tributes inspired by Salvador Dali’s 1936 masterpiece"

Telegraph:

Tory leadership debate: Rishi Sunak and Liz Truss's second clash cancelled after Kate McCann faints; ‘Imagine if it comes home?’: 5,000 England fans roar on Lionesses in Trafalgar Square

Independent:

‘FFS Nadine! Muted’: Nadine Dorries mocked for praising Liz Truss’s ‘£4.50 Claire’s Accessories earrings’

Times:

Evening Standard:

Train strike: Commuters urged not to travel during latest walk-out on Wednesday

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Tory approach to rail strikes – Much of the UK’s rail network ground to a halt on Wednesday as the transport secretary, Grant Shapps, threatened a crackdown on industrial action"

Telegraph:

Keir Starmer sacks Angela Rayner’s shadow minister boyfriend for joining rail strike picket line

Independent:

Kate McCann back on air after fainting during Tory leadership debate

Times:

Sunak promises to scrap VAT on fuel bills if PM in dramatic U-turn; Alessia Russo: I should have scored the first chance, says England’s back-heel hero

Evening Standard:

Senior Labour MP backs calls for general strike as Starmer faces open revolt

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

This, but unironically

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Keir Starmer’s picket line ban – The leader of the opposition has barred Labour frontbenchers from formally supporting strikers on picket lines"

Telegraph:

I won’t impose a windfall tax despite record profits for energy firms, says Liz Truss

Independent:

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Liz Truss, Rishi Sunak and the press – Rishi Sunak and Liz Truss have clashed vehemently over tax and immigration – but have had little to say about many other pressing issues"

Telegraph:

Tory leadership race: You 'stabbed Boris in the back', Rishi Sunak told at first hustings

Independent:

After Franz von Stuck.

The i paper:

Shell profits hit record $11.5bn doubling in one year amid soaring energy prices

Times:

Russia sends UK gas prices soaring again; After the Hindenburg.

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Tory candidates fiddle while the world burns – Meanwhile, Shell and Centrica make £11bn in windfall profits"
EDIT: Bonus! ‘Boris was cartoon gold’: the UK’s top cartoonists on drawing Boris Johnson

Sunday Telegraph:

Liz Truss plans Thatcherite shake-up of the Treasury

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

Live: England v Germany: Women’s Euro 2022 final - Live updates on the final at Wembley Stadium, as the Lionesses take on the Frauenteam

Cloud Potato fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jul 31, 2022

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Congratulations, Mac, on laboriously clawing your way up to the heady heights of :geno:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on the Russian blockade of Ukraine’s grain exports - When Russia invaded it blockaded Ukraine’s ports, stoking a worldwide grain shortage that has caused the UN to warn of looming hunger catastrophe"

Telegraph:

Rishi Sunak: I’m playing catch-up to Liz Truss… but racism isn’t a factor

Times:

England women crowned Euro 2022 champions after tense 2-1 victory over Germany

Evening Standard:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the sinking of Boris Johnson – Johnson reportedly joked that he had been subject to the ‘greatest stitch-up since the Bayeux Tapestry’ in a speech at his wedding party" After Botticelli and the Bayeux Tapestry.

Telegraph:

Rishi Sunak hopes 4p income tax cut promise will close ground on Liz Truss

Times:

Euro 2022: England’s Lionesses celebrate win with victory parade in Trafalgar Square

Evening Standard:

Penny Mordaunt backs Liz Truss in bitter blow for Rishi Sunak; Love Island: More than three million watch final

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Liz Truss’s approach to UK energy firms – The PM hopeful has rejected a windfall tax and said she would make sure ‘we exploit all of the gas in the North Sea’"

Telegraph:

Liz Truss U-turns on public sector pay plan after backlash

Independent:

Sunak defines ‘vilification of the UK’ as extremism in terrorism policy proposal

Times:

BP profits triple to £6.9bn as fuel prices soar

Evening Standard:

Nancy Pelosi says US will not abandon Taiwan as China threatens ‘targeted military operations’ amid her visit

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Tory candidates and the axing of Batgirl — The previously announced Batgirl film starring In the Heights actor Leslie Grace, Michael Keaton and Brendan Fraser will not be released at all, Warner Bros Discovery has unexpectedly announced"

Telegraph:

Taiwan ‘cut off from outside world’ by Chinese military drills after Nancy Pelosi visit

Independent:

Former Treasury minister hits out at Liz Truss’s ‘endless crazy tax cuts’ and ‘laughable’ public sector U-turn

Times:

Evening Standard:

Sajid Javid turns his back on Rishi Sunak — ‘backstabbing chameleon’ or independent thinker?; :sun: Households hit by hosepipe bans as England faces drought threat :supaburn:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
it's always interesting to see Steve Bell's caricature of the PM take form

it's nice that the tory party give him that to do so frequently

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the world’s ride to a cliff edge – The US and China face off over Taiwan as inflation looms ever larger"

Telegraph:

Bank of England to admit that high inflation will last far longer than hoped

Independent:

Truss faces fresh questions over ‘Fizz with Liz’ champagne dinner

Times:

Evening Standard:

Bank of England predicts 13% inflation and recession as interest rates rise

Bonus! David Squires on … predictions for the 2022-23 Premier League season

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Truss, Sunak and recession – Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine has left Britain on course for a recession lasting more than a year and inflation above 13%, the Bank of England has warned as it raised interest rates for a sixth successive time"

Telegraph:

The i paper:

Times:

‘Hive of inactivity’: Boris Johnson under fire for approach to final weeks as PM

Stephen Collins:

Bonus!
https://twitter.com/squires_david/status/1555821564276658176

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Rishi Sunak and Liz Truss: Tory headless chickens – Faced with stagflation, the Conservative leadership candidates have precious little to offer"

Sunday Telegraph:

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

:sun: Environment Secretary demands MORE hosepipe bans: George Eustice urges water firms to fine customers and tells homeowners to put water-saving devices in their toilets :supaburn:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
USE THE POND, NORMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Boris Johnson’s last weeks as prime minister – Johnson was accused of going ‘missing in action’ last week after it emerged he went on holiday just before his premiership ends"

Telegraph:

Hosepipe bans should have been imposed sooner, says MP amid drought fears; Water executive promises to halve leaks... by 2050

Times:

Tackle inflation before cutting tax, voters urge

Evening Standard:

Democrats celebrate after sweeping US climate change bill passes Senate

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I hate to agree with the Telegraph, even if I am sure they're attempting to blame it solely on water companies and nothing to do with a changing climate.

They're all fuckers. Even the renationalised ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

goatface posted:

I hate to agree with the Telegraph, even if I am sure they're attempting to blame it solely on water companies and nothing to do with a changing climate.

They're all fuckers. Even the renationalised ones.

I live down the road from a water treatment place/the main offices for our area's water. For 5 years+ right at the top of the private road down to this place there was a water leak that had got so bad grooves were in the main road and theirs.

The repair vans had to drive over "pothole corner" to go anywhere.