Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Rudicron posted:

So what does he think is good water and land management?

Let people chop down trees wherever and whenever they want and let people use water in whatever they want with no restrictions. Right wingers are blaming the constant fires in California not on climate change but because there are too many trees and if we clear cut a bunch of them for industry the issue would go away! Which I guess is technically true because if there’s no trees they can’t burn? Water management is because rich right wingers in suburbia whine they can’t water their lawns and giant agriculture companies are mad they can’t just drain rivers and lakes dry as they see fit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Rudicron posted:

So what does he think is good water management?

Lib tears, following freely

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

You can't A/B test political cartoons Blower.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

The various Coalition environment ministers over the last decade, after the state of the environment report was released. Majority of Australia's environment in 'poor' state as Labor blames the Coalition for decade of 'inaction and wilful ignorance' (ABC).

Rowe:

Current environment minister Tanya Plibersek at the wheel, with various Coalition politicians as cattle.

Knight:

The talking critter thing is saying "Back to the Future or Groundhog Day?". Victorian government asks school students to wear masks in class as state's COVID-19 cases spike (ABC).

Golding:

Victorian premier Dan Andrews at the door.

Downes:

Warren Brown:

The Daily Telegraph has a (paywalled) piece about "Labor's cheaper power costs vow 'arithmetically wrong'".

Spooner:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

if global warming is real how come it is cold here in australia. please ignore the entirety of europe at basically this exact moment

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Trapezium Dave posted:

Knight:

The talking critter thing is saying "Back to the Future or Groundhog Day?". Victorian government asks school students to wear masks in class as state's COVID-19 cases spike (ABC).

If you're going to reference something, reference it right: the Delorian's licence plate said OUTATIME.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Angepain posted:

if global warming is real how come it is cold here in australia. please ignore the entirety of europe at basically this exact moment
And the US.

And also Asia.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Just out of curiosity, I looked up the weather in Hobart, Tasmania which is about as far south as you can get. 48F (9C) and sunny. I don't know what the weather is normally like there but I'd consider that to be "slightly chilly".

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Rudicron posted:

So what does he think is good water and land management?

It starts and ends with "I get to do whatever I want, and there's no repercussions for doing so".

duffmensch
Feb 20, 2004

Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem!

Wonder what ol’ Ben thought of the forest fires in Montana a few years ago that stopped only because it was winter.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Lalo Alcaraz

Nick Anderson

Robert Ariail

Clay Bennett

Lisa Benson

Tim Campbell

Jeff Danziger

John Deering

Al Goodwyn

Phil Hands

Joe Heller

Clay Jones

Mike Lester

Pedro X. Molina

Joel Pett

Michael Ramirez

Rob Rogers

Jen Sorensen

Jeff Stahler

Tom Stiglich

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Lmao.
Glad I wasn't the only one who thought of that.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Fister Roboto posted:

Just out of curiosity, I looked up the weather in Hobart, Tasmania which is about as far south as you can get. 48F (9C) and sunny. I don't know what the weather is normally like there but I'd consider that to be "slightly chilly".

9C isn't that cold for Hobart. The average maximum daytime for July is 12C. The record low is -2C. I have no frigging clue why that idiot thinks basically an expected cooler day in Victoria (Apparently thr coolest day for four years, down to 2C in the morning) is worth comparing to jack poo poo

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Jul 20, 2022

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Yesterday's Abortion Clinic Is Tomorrow's Gun Shop

Ted Rall posted:

The abortion debate is rifle with irony and controversy. Among them is the fact that conservative states that ban abortion because of their “culture of life” also tend to have very liberal gun laws. Maybe there’s a solution for red-state women who need to terminate pregnancies.
This is the cartoon Rall was going to run last week until he bumped it for the one about Prince Mohammed bin Salman.

First Dog on the Moon: Gather round kids, let me tell you who's REALLY responsible for the climate wars

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Wow I wonder why gas is so cheap in Mexico

quote:

gasoline on sale in the country will continue to be exempt from the so-called special tax on production and services (IEPS), but will also be given a complementary fiscal subsidy, activated by the government

The governmental support for magna is 6.90 pesos ($0.33) per liter, and for premium 7.02 pesos ($0.34) per liter.

This implies that the complementary quotas for both gasoline varieties increased so much that this week their value surpassed the IEPS quota.

Oh no it's

g o v e r n m e n t i n t e r f e r e n c e

But at least the petroleum industry there is still in private hands, right?

Right???

Microplastics fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Jul 20, 2022

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Kellies Nomination: Worst Label
Because that first panel hurt the poo poo out of my eyes to read.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

the_steve posted:

Kellies Nomination: Worst Label
Because that first panel hurt the poo poo out of my eyes to read.

WordArt is an important part of politoons

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Pat Cross isn’t done until some time in August, so suffer:

A gay marriage is incapable of flight. Why even get married at that point???

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Hell yeah I wanna ride the shark plane.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Pants Donkey posted:

And who ever heard of a bi plane, preposterous!

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Conservative party’s contract with reality – As Britain burns, Tory party members prepare to choose their next leader – and our next PM"

Telegraph:

Iran rolls out the red carpet for Vladimir Putin as it seeks to strengthen ties with Russia

Matt:

:sun: London's firefighters have 'busiest day since Second World War' as temperatures break 40C for first time :supaburn:

Independent:

Kemi Badenoch eliminated from Tory leadership contest in fourth ballot of MPs

Times:

Tory leadership TV debate shelved amid infighting concerns

Evening Standard:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Raised By Birds posted:

Michael Ramirez

Is it my imagination or has it been a while since we had a new an "Any Day Now" cartoon?

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Blower is such a dumb piece of poo poo, jfc.

I bet he was in favour of Trump torpedoing the JCPOA.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
"Things were going great during the time when I was able to prevent her from knowing the sort of person I actually was. But then she saw that I'm a hateful creep willing to purchase an objectively inferior yet markedly expensive product by brand name solely because that brand is associated with a truly vile worldview, and somehow she wasn't into me anymore."

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Pants Donkey posted:

You see, marriage is exactly like an airplane, and genders are like the left and right wings, because I said so. Therefore gay marriage just can't work! No I will not be elaborating.

I'm going to miss this guy's mastery of visual metaphors.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
All marriages should be between a left winger and a right winger. Marrying someone with the same political views as yours is futile. (Though arguably having a poly relationship with a centrist helps in keeping your marriage steady.)

Nations should also be heterogenous in ethnicity and religion because a nation can't fly with two white protestant wings, they need an equal black muslim counterpart. I think this is what Pat really intended.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Now I'm thinking of a LGBTQIA+ copter with multiple rotors and blades, vs. a silly heterocopter with just one blade and no tail rotor. I think Pat Cross is a genius, who else could have given us this insight?

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Straight marriage: road with people driving on both left and right sides

Gay marriage: road with everyone keeping right

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Nenonen posted:

Now I'm thinking of a LGBTQIA+ copter with multiple rotors and blades, vs. a silly heterocopter with just one blade and no tail rotor. I think Pat Cross is a genius, who else could have given us this insight?

I've given this some thought and am still not sure if this makes the Chinook or the Defiant X the canonically most LGBT helicopter

edit - and this is before we even approach the subject of the Osprey

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
The osprey is gender fluid.

bartok
May 10, 2006

this deserves a gently caress You Stantis! didn't want it to fly under the radar

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Pants Donkey posted:

Lmao, putting this out in 2022.

(Also, the plane would fly if the engines were balanced correctly. And as I understand it, marriage takes work which of course is harder when society forces you and your partner into an awkward position. Kinda like this plane)

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

quote:

“YOU JUST WANT TO DATE ME…”

“AOC, The Drama Queen”

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and 16 other of her House colleagues were arrested near the Supreme Court for blocking traffic. Cortez enjoyed being on stage. She held her fist in the air and then held her hands behind her as if she had been handcuffed. She wasn’t. It was all a big drama show and Cortez played her part. She pretends to care about women, the underclass, and leftist causes, but like her boss Pelosi and the illegitimate president Biden, she works for large banks and corporations.

The Democrats know they need only to pretend to care about the downtrodden.Over his long political career, “Lunch Bucket Joe” told lies about caring for the poor and powerless as he has pocketed millions of dollars from the rich and powerful. AOC has the same mindset. Like Joe, she’s not intelligent, but she desires to wear the best clothes, rub elbows with big shots, rake in a lot of money, and enjoy the high life while telling the masses what to do. She wants to be treated like royalty.

Her latest stunt near the Supreme Court proves she’s already a drama queen.

What does AOC really care about? Attention, status, money, and power. She’s learning the political game and who knows? The White House may await her. If someone as dumb as Biden can do it, why not Cortez?

Cortez has complained that her $174,000 Congressional salary isn’t enough. The impoverished people she claims to care about would be delighted to make a third of that. Perhaps AOC should start following Pelosi’s insider stock trades. She too could end up with hundreds of millions of dollars.

Like Biden, Hillary, and many other corrupt Democrats, all Cortez has to do is lie her way to the top while avoiding real handcuffs.

— Ben Garrison

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Ben's not even wrong in most of that rant. He's just correct for the wrong reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
He just wants his own unintelligent attention, status, money, and power seekers in power.