Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
DK! https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1552790567867846656?t=C0m4ScUKDJUliExmnduDLg&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
DK deal seems pretty team friendly compared to the market. Guess they aren't trading him.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

mcmagic posted:

DK deal seems pretty team friendly compared to the market. Guess they aren't trading him.

I'm a little surprised. He really could have taken them for a ride but AJ Brown and Kupp will make more per year. We'll have to see the details.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

BlindSite posted:

Needs to come with a little knit bandage

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jul 29, 2022

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

shirts and skins posted:

I'm a little surprised. He really could have taken them for a ride but AJ Brown and Kupp will make more per year. We'll have to see the details.

Those guys are also better than DK.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

mcmagic posted:

He also will wither and die on that team as it stands

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
DK Metcalf has 3170 career yards and 29 tds in 3 seasons and is younger than Velus Jones Jr.

And he's ouuuurrsss

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Shaq Mason is hurt?

No. Everyone except Jensen is healthy and practicing.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

shirts and skins posted:

DK Metcalf has 3170 career yards and 29 tds in 3 seasons and is younger than Velus Jones Jr.

And he's ouuuurrsss

Drew Lock is gonna love him!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Forrest on Fire posted:

Drew Lock is gonna love him!

I think he actually is. A receiver of DK's type definitely seems to pair better with a bad QB than someone like Lockett. DK had 5 tds in the 3.5 Geno games last year, I think he'll have respectable stats even on a bad team.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
The one thing Drew Lock can do consistently is throw the ball a long way on a rope.

This will never end up working, but if, *if* Seattle gets a good running game and play actions against 8 man boxes to Metcalf deep that'll end up really pretty one out of every...well 5 or 6 or so times.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Hahahaha

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

shirts and skins posted:

And he's ouuuurrsss

Can’t put a premium on a WR that’s not gonna catch Td Passes for the foreseeable future.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Yesss

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Grittybeard posted:

The one thing Drew Lock can do consistently is throw the ball a long way on a rope.

This will never end up working, but if, *if* Seattle gets a good running game and play actions against 8 man boxes to Metcalf deep that'll end up really pretty one out of every...well 5 or 6 or so times.

I think that's what they want to do, but the line is so young I doubt the running game will go well. Maybe by the second half.

Also people keep talking about Lock but I really do think it'll be Geno under center this year.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

:bisonyes:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

laffo

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1552828515279667207

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Now I'm really curious how that was meant to be perceived

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice
Gamers’ Rights!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Oh my god what a clinic in how to make an embarrassing situation far worse.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Sure, Jan.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Sunday Morning posted:

Now I'm really curious how that was meant to be perceived

The GM texts Schefter the max value of the contract, Schefter posts it on Twitter, and no one looks at the details.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

It was replaced by a “no Call of Duty during the season” clause.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
Camp opened, it's not the off season anymore.

Just a heads up.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

TeeMerk posted:

Camp opened, it's not the off season anymore.

Just a heads up.

Thanks TeeMerk!

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Looking forward to the pre-preseason games: summer camp thread, see y’all there

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
They told Kyler they’d take out that language if he stopped playing Warzone.

He’s only allowed to play Battlefield 2042, now.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Embarrassing and cowardly. Huge highschool boyfriend vibes.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Lmao

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Gonz posted:

They told Kyler they’d take out that language if he stopped playing Warzone.

He’s only allowed to play Battlefield 2042, now.

I get that they're trying to encourage him to study but there's no reason to punish him

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

What a clownshow organization

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
Has your camp not started yet?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/PabloTorre/status/1552831941854089216

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

He deserves to be paid but this is an odd contract. I don't think he should be the top paid WR in the league, but interesting that he got a ton upfront and can test the market in a couple of years. I guess it is good for the Seahawks if he doesn't pay off but it might be a nightmare if they want to keep him and are still rebuilding.

Solid LOL

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Lifespan posted:

He deserves to be paid but this is an odd contract. I don't think he should be the top paid WR in the league, but interesting that he got a ton upfront and can test the market in a couple of years. I guess it is good for the Seahawks if he doesn't pay off but it might be a nightmare if they want to keep him and are still rebuilding.

If the Seahawks are still rebuilding in three years then resigning DK won't be Carroll and Schneider's problem.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Doubt he'll be Carroll's either way. He'll be 71 this year, oldest head coach to start a season was 72.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Kalli posted:

Doubt he'll be Carroll's either way. He'll be 71 this year, oldest head coach to start a season was 72.

Dude is ripped though. Jack LaLanne could have coached until he was 90. If he was in football anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

I mean I had my mom publicly berate me for getting B's in school but I do recognize Kyler's working on a national scale here.