Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Wait. Alex Jones went on air and talked about the trial in specifics the night of? So he's actually just stupid then. It's not a performance, he really is that dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Wait. Alex Jones went on air and talked about the trial in specifics the night of? So he's actually just stupid then. It's not a performance, he really is that dumb.

correct but also ignores the fact the he was hopping in and out of the courtroom to rant on stream under the pretense of needing to be in and out for medical reasons

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Lowtax once told me the secret to good chili is to add some dark chocolate to it. He also had this chili powder that he said was amazing, I thought it was ok. Thats my chili story

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Just going to throw in here that if you like a bit of spice and depth to your chili, that sauce that comes in cans of chipotle chilis is loving magic.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Big fan of quinoa and bean vegetarian chili

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I wonder if Alex Jones credibly understands what consequences actually are. Like he seems handicapped if he's literally going off to rant about the trial. And his lawyer's inability to wrangle his behavior is also suspect.

That's beyond the pale in stupidity. Even if the goal is to stretch things out that's a great way to lose hard and lose fast.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Nelson Mandingo posted:

he's rich and white in america. what are they going to do to him?

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

SpaceViking posted:

SpaceViking's Chili of Forgetting:

1lb. Ground Beef
1lb. Ground Breakfast Sausage
6 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp cumin
2 tsp smoked paprika
1 large yellow onion, chopped finely
5 cloves garlic crushed
3/4 tsp mexican oregano
1 tsp salt
1.5 tsp ground mustard
1.5 tsp cayenne pepper (for more kick, can be omitted for a milder version)
2 tbsp masa harina (corn flour)
8 oz. water.

Brown meats, add onion, drain half of the fat.
Add the rest of the ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix until you have a spice paste.
Dump spice paste into meat and onion mixture, stir well, bring to simmer.
Simmer as long as you want, but at least one hour, stirring every 30 minutes.

Can be scaled with no problems, freezes/stores well in the fridge or freezer. I usually make two batches at a time.

I read halfway down this recipe and forgot who I even am and everything I ever said.

Still don’t know.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

If they release the stream publicly, someone please isolate and clip that gigantic fart. It happened about ~15 mins prior to the end of the session I think. It was undoubtably brought on by chili of forgetting.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

MEIN RAVEN posted:

Just going to throw in here that if you like a bit of spice and depth to your chili, that sauce that comes in cans of chipotle chilis is loving magic.

that's what i use for tinga. :discourse:

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Big fan of quinoa and bean vegetarian chili

Another victim of the gay reptilians

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

This is my grandpas chili recipe it’s really good. Makes a huge amount though might want to halve it.

3 tablespoons bacon grease or canola oil
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 Anaheim chiles, roasted, peeled, chopped
3 poblano chiles, roasted, peeled, chopped
2 red bell peppers, diced
2 jalapenos chiles, minced
2 yellow onions, diced
1 head garlic, minced
1 pound boneless chuck, trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
2 pounds ground beef, coarse grind
1 pound bulk Italian sausage
3 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons ground coriander
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons granulated garlic
2 teaspoons granulated onion
2 teaspoons hot paprika
2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
2 cups tomato sauce
1 cup tomato paste
12 ounces lager beer
1 cup chicken stock
Two 15.5-ounce cans kidney beans, with juice
Two 15.5-ounce cans pinto beans, with juice

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING

MrMojok posted:

If they release the stream publicly, someone please isolate and clip that gigantic fart. It happened about ~15 mins prior to the end of the session I think. It was undoubtably brought on by chili of forgetting.

I too would like to hear this fart

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
It's pretty funny that you need the judges permission to broadcast the fart.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Illegal Chili Fart would be a great username

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
All of these actions like witnesses talking to each other, etc.. does that really matter? By, which, I mean will there be any ramifications for that behavior?

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

The Merkinman posted:

All of these actions like witnesses talking to each other, etc.. does that really matter? By, which, I mean will there be any ramifications for that behavior?

Probably not. I guess the penalty is that the testimony could be stricken but why the hell would they want it to be lol.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Danaru posted:

Illegal Chili Fart would be a great username

I don’t know if we can blame the fart on chili yet, it could be the BRAIN FORCE Stud-MAXX 3000 breathing new life into his bowels.

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.

The Merkinman posted:

Could be a contempt of court charge, if they're flaunting it.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

bird with big dick posted:

This is my grandpas chili recipe it’s really good. Makes a huge amount though might want to halve it.

3 tablespoons bacon grease or canola oil
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 Anaheim chiles, roasted, peeled, chopped
3 poblano chiles, roasted, peeled, chopped
2 red bell peppers, diced
2 jalapenos chiles, minced
2 yellow onions, diced
1 head garlic, minced
1 pound boneless chuck, trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
2 pounds ground beef, coarse grind
1 pound bulk Italian sausage
3 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons ground coriander
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons granulated garlic
2 teaspoons granulated onion
2 teaspoons hot paprika
2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
2 cups tomato sauce
1 cup tomato paste
12 ounces lager beer
1 cup chicken stock
Two 15.5-ounce cans kidney beans, with juice
Two 15.5-ounce cans pinto beans, with juice

A full cup of tomato paste seems like a lot?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

It isn’t when your recipe also has four full pounds of meat in it.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I wonder if Alex Jones credibly understands what consequences actually are. Like he seems handicapped if he's literally going off to rant about the trial. And his lawyer's inability to wrangle his behavior is also suspect.

That's beyond the pale in stupidity. Even if the goal is to stretch things out that's a great way to lose hard and lose fast.

I have a theory that he knows he's hosed and the lawyers are trying to get a mistrial to extend things further so he can fundraise as much as possible for as long as possible. This is a short term windfall for him as he's got a movie and book coming out and can use the attention from the trial to promote those things to people who might not know much about him. His reach has been pretty limited for the last ten or so years, so this is his chance to get back into the spotlight in modern conspiracy community. The fact that he's a big transphobe and Margorie Taylor Greene appears about weekly on his show indicates he's trying to get into the zeitgeist again and his stunts around the trial are a good indication he's expecting more attention than he's getting. If there was a media circus there every day I promise you he would be skipping his show to shout and scream at cameras instead. The best thing for Alex right now is if the judge decides the defense is not adequate to the task and this has to be litigated again as it gives him more time to lure in suckers and morons while selling his movie and book to idiots. I hate Alex Jones on a fundamental level, though, so maybe I'm guessing at things that aren't borne out by reality.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
These people are going to gently caress around and find out that judges don't like bullshit in their court.

No way this trial doesn't end with someone being found in contempt of court.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Yeah, is anyone surprised that the boy who cried wolf continuously for thirty years is desperately hoping to actually be attacked by a wolf? Their website is called banned.video for christs sake. Their entire MO is to bellow and shriek at every perceived slight because people throw money at them for it.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

MrMojok posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VM7HgjzI9U&t=4901s

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

Heh

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Lazyfire posted:

I have a theory that he knows he's hosed and the lawyers are trying to get a mistrial to extend things further so he can fundraise as much as possible for as long as possible. This is a short term windfall for him as he's got a movie and book coming out and can use the attention from the trial to promote those things to people who might not know much about him. His reach has been pretty limited for the last ten or so years, so this is his chance to get back into the spotlight in modern conspiracy community. The fact that he's a big transphobe and Margorie Taylor Greene appears about weekly on his show indicates he's trying to get into the zeitgeist again and his stunts around the trial are a good indication he's expecting more attention than he's getting. If there was a media circus there every day I promise you he would be skipping his show to shout and scream at cameras instead. The best thing for Alex right now is if the judge decides the defense is not adequate to the task and this has to be litigated again as it gives him more time to lure in suckers and morons while selling his movie and book to idiots. I hate Alex Jones on a fundamental level, though, so maybe I'm guessing at things that aren't borne out by reality.

Not how it works, this is civil, if he hired stupid lawyers that's his own drat fault.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
The lawyers are bad because this is like Alex's third set of lawyers. He has no actual defense, has a set strategy of stonewalling as much as possible that he isn't willing to change, and is Alex Jones so no actually competent lawyers want to work with him

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I've shotgunned all of Knowledge Fight and he goes in and out of court often, and sometimes he'll go to court in the morning and then go on air in the afternoon. He's done this with every other trial he's been at, so of course he and Owen go on air Monday / Tuesday as if everything's fine

What's the over / under on sanctions coming down tomorrow? I want SaltyBet for Alex Jones' defamation trial

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I think Infowars actually welcomes anything the court does to them short of steep financial penalties. They love being able to go on the air and act like the court is abusing them and I think they know they are pretty hosed no matter what they do short of a rogue juror.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Froghammer posted:

What's the over / under on sanctions coming down tomorrow? I want SaltyBet for Alex Jones' defamation trial

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Dropping this here to set the mood for the evening. See you fine folks tomorrow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TToLgW7zuc

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Thank you for your service!

Stolkin
Aug 10, 2013
Daria in the witness box, courtesy of Craiyon.

ETA: Bonus: computer projection of what Alex Jones will look like while testifying.

Stolkin fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jul 29, 2022

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Guys I'm starting to think this Alex Jones guy might not be on the level

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
There's nothing off about Alex Jones. He's just a good old fashioned red faced American man.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Since The RULE!!! says witnesses can't be in the room while others are testifying, and Alex was there, I presume that means Alex will not be taking the stand at any point

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Grand Fromage posted:

Since The RULE!!! says witnesses can't be in the room while others are testifying, and Alex was there, I presume that means Alex will not be taking the stand at any point

I'm not super sure because he's also "a party to the case" so the rule doesn't apply to him I Think. IANAL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I cannot imagine that his testimony would help his case.