Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

goatface posted:

Via video so they can pull the plug if he starts winding up?

Probably so he can turn it into content for his show. I would almost imagine that he'll broadcast the whole testimony and somehow violate more court orders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
What time is Jone's suppose to testify?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
If he broadcasts a single second he's in contempt.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I wonder if he got defamation lawsuit advice from trump. Turn it into a circus and then claim innocence. Also, it’s possible there’s some more damaging emails in there, like maybe related to J6, which also could explain why he didn’t participate in discovery.

Either way he’s a gutless coward and I *would* wish for the worst possible things to happen to him.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Did Little Lord Fonterlemullet just stand up and try to passive-aggressively get the judge to object for him??!?!

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Jones strikes me as a “tomorrow’s problems aren’t my problems” sort of guy.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

There's definitely damaging emails that they don't want people to have which is why he didn't participate in discovery

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

red19fire posted:

I wonder if he got defamation lawsuit advice from trump. Turn it into a circus and then claim innocence. Also, it’s possible there’s some more damaging emails in there, like maybe related to J6, which also could explain why he didn’t participate in discovery.

Either way he’s a gutless coward and I *would* wish for the worst possible things to happen to him.

The lawsuits predate jan 6 2021 by quite a bit. This suit was filed in April, 2018.

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Hollismason posted:

Wondering why he is choosing to use video instead of being in person.

If he admits poo poo his base doesn't like he can insinuate that space monkeys from nibiru hacked it and he's totally not a shill. The audio quality of the stream is that bad he would have plausible deniability to his paypigs. I mean listening to people on video via this sounds like they're serial killers taunting a maverick detective its that distorted.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

iwentdoodie posted:

If he broadcasts a single second he's in contempt.

No, you see he flipped the video horizontally and added some frame graphics. It's a totally different video product now.

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

You will be the effigy I burn, infused with all the traits that make them the detestable little goblins they are.

It's really a shame that the audio is so bad, and that he's so soft spoken. I would really have actually liked to hear what memory Neil shared with the courtroom.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Hollismason posted:

What time is Jone's suppose to testify?

No set time, there's another witness after this one and Alex is up after that, so probably this afternoon (the court generally takes a break from 12 to 1:30) assuming the next witness takes about the same amount of time as this one.

Piell fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Aug 2, 2022

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
What was the question that Reynal just asked?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

SalTheBard posted:

What was the question that Reynal just asked?

Edit: whoops wrong link
https://twitter.com/MoString/status/1554484308341030912

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
^^^^^

Thanks!

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

SalTheBard posted:

I'm sorry the one he just asked that had the objection for attorney / client communication

Sorry, had the wrong link, it's now fixed.

Also i was struck by this line.
https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/1554483882241576960

Luxrage
Jan 2, 2017

I have no idea what I'm doing!

I was really hoping Jones would testify in person, doing so over video call makes me think there's going to be some 'connection issues' that will let him chicken out at the last minute.

Chili Tax:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
"gently caress yes I have a vendetta against Alex Jones and I hope he burns in hell for the misery he's unleashed on me."

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Luxrage posted:

I was really hoping Jones would testify in person, doing so over video call makes me think there's going to be some 'connection issues' that will let him chicken out at the last minute.

I'm waiting for him to pivot to an ad break
Judge: "Mr. Jones, you were warned about this!"
Alex: "Sorry, your honour. Force of habit whenever I'm on camera."

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He wouldn't apologise.

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Luxrage posted:

Chili Tax:

Pretty sure detailing drug synthesis is banned on these forums. Take your amnesia dogs to erowid or totse, sicko.

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

It's super lovely but I understand the line of questioning, trying to disconnect Jones from the actions of his followers and discrediting the statements as hearsay. Neil isn't doing himself a lot of favors and in a jury trial this would be a pretty strong defense examination. I still want to see Jones squirm.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Luxrage posted:

Chili Tax:

Prefab barbecue sauce.

Shameful, just shameful.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Come on Bud Dwyer, come on Bud Dwyer. :suicide:

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
dude's gotta go fast, he ain't got time for making bbq sauce to elevate his chili dog

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

super secret michigan regional coney chili recipes incoming

Jackson Coney Island Sauce

1-1/2 pounds ground beef heart
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 tsp garlic salt
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp cumin powder
2 tsp paprika

Brown the meat in the vegetable oil but do not drain it. Once it’s browned, add the spices. Also add just enough water to moisten the sauce, maybe a few tablespoons. Simmer the sauce for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it’s somewhat dryer, while being careful not to let it dry completely. Served over grilled hot dogs having natural casings (Koegel Viennas). Mustard and finely chopped onion are the preferred toppings.

Detroit Coney Island Sauce

1 pound beef heart, finely ground
1/2 pound chuck, finely ground
1/4 cup rendered beef suet
1/4 cup water
2 tsp garlic salt
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp cumin powder
2 tsp paprika
1/4 cup cracker meal

Brown the beef heart and ground chuck in the suet but do not drain it. Once it’s browned, add the water and the spices. Simmer the sauce for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding more water if necessary to keep it wet. Once the sauce is simmered, add the cracker meal to tighten it up but not too much. Served over grilled hot dogs having natural casings (Dearborn Brand). Mustard and finely chopped onon are the preferred toppings.

Flint Coney Island Sauce

1/2 lb Beef kidney, finely ground
1/2 lb Beef heart, finely ground
1/4 cup rendered beef suet or lard
3 tbsp of paprika
2 tbsp of chili powder
Kosher salt
Fresh ground pepper

In a small pot melt the rendered beef suet or lard. In a large mixing bowl mix all but the salt and pepper by hand. Gently crumble the meat mixture into a medium pot, add the melted fat and stir well. Set for low heat and allow the pot to heat up. Simmer over low heat for about 45 minutes, adding suet or lard as necessary to prevent the meat from drying out. When the simmer is done, add salt and pepper to taste and finish stirring. Served over grilled hot dogs having natural casings (Koegel Viennas). Mustard and finely chopped onion are the preferred toppings.

also- mushrooms in chili, get. the. gently caress. out. of. here.

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

You will be the effigy I burn, infused with all the traits that make them the detestable little goblins they are.

Mr. Merdle posted:

It's super lovely but I understand the line of questioning, trying to disconnect Jones from the actions of his followers and discrediting the statements as hearsay. Neil isn't doing himself a lot of favors and in a jury trial this would be a pretty strong defense examination. I still want to see Jones squirm.

Yeah this was my take as well. This may also have been why that psychotherapist was brought in yesterday to lay out that it's not just the originator of the trauma but also those that propagate it who can cause lasting damage. Let's hope the jurors can see that, too.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Why do people get so precious about chili recipes?

Is it because it's in a sweet spot of complexity where any idiot can do it but there are plenty of parts you can swap out to personalise it?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

goatface posted:

because it's a culturally acceptable dish for males to know how to make

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

boar guy posted:

because it's a culturally acceptable dish for males to know how to make

I don't know poo poo about how to make it and I am culturally male.

Just know it's tasty and sometimes spicy.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Chili gatekeeping is weird.

wit
Jul 26, 2011

loving Moron posted:

I don't know poo poo about how to make it and I am culturally male.

Just know it's tasty and sometimes spicy.

Get can, open can. Eat. Stand outside in the sun until its probably warm inside you. Then enjoy the chili amnesia euphoria.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I am a chili purist

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Hollismason posted:

I am a chili purist

So what are your thoughts on beans?

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

goatface posted:

Is it because it's in a sweet spot of complexity where any idiot can do it but there are plenty of parts you can swap out to personalise it?

I guess it's a bit of that, and a bit of regional pride (since it seems every town county in large parts of the US has their own take)?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Computer viking posted:

I guess it's a bit of that, and a bit of regional pride (since it seems every town county in large parts of the US has their own take)?

People do the same thing with BBQ and ribs come to think of it. Also pizza.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Pizza is regional but individuals rarely champion their own take as the one true way. Chili seems much more personal.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!
These questions :barf:

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Xakura posted:

These questions :barf:

So this kid you created.....close or more a friend of a friend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Knowledge Fight Discord said Alex said on his show that he was going to drive down to the court, so it looks like he will be testifying in person