Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah going back and reading the threads from the time is extremely tedious, and I have to imagine it was even worse when it was actively happening. It's best experienced through highlights of the dumbest and funniest parts.

The Kins posted:

IIRC it was Skylark and her sister that info was posted about, and the moderator involved basically went "whoa what was that, anyway..." and never so much as edited anything out. I dunno if it was the webcomics thread or what, but that's the story I remember hearing and being pretty grossed out by. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah that's pretty much right. The mod response was something like "that was a weird thing to post! anyway..." and nothing else was done. I think the post might be blanked now? If it isn't it should be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
the conspiracy portion sucked. once everything blew up it got pretty loving funny in a grim way.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

The Kins posted:

I want to say this was Dell_Zincht...

i said it to his face once and that's what he told me - he defended that dude, which he deeply regrets, but it wasn't him

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
re: skylark pleas do the right thing and report that if you see it happening again, it's come up a few times

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

The Kins posted:

...but let's face it, there were probably multiple instances.

IIRC it was Skylark and her sister that info was posted about, and the moderator involved basically went "whoa what was that, anyway..." and never so much as edited anything out. I dunno if it was the webcomics thread or what, but that's the story I remember hearing and being pretty grossed out by. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, here's a less-gross saga in two parts:
Me and my friends made a game where you kill mutants by skateboarding and its sequel, Real talk thread, in which someone posts a game jam game they were involved with in Imp Zone, receives polite and constructive feedback, and it's off to the races from there...

lol turdiak

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
The reason I asked when The Troubles happened was cause I remember back in 2017 when Lowtax banned some LPers and a group of them all self banned in retaliation and made their own forum. Then right after Jeff got the forums one of them went and invoked The Troubles as to why they wouldn't come back. Its surreal seeing "Do they still let the shittier subforums harass people" from users who left 2-3 years before the blowup even happened.

RFC2324 posted:

Hadescomic.jpg

Frank Frank posted:

to-date one of the funniest things I've ever seen on the forums

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

not sure anything happened to the guy who doxxed skylark other than getting chain-probed in fyad, the grey forums hate skylark for some reason though. She would post the most amazingly inoffensive stuff in GBS and people would just rage. I don't even think that was the only forum either.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

not sure anything happened to the guy who doxxed skylark other than getting chain-probed in fyad, the grey forums hate skylark for some reason though. She would post the most amazingly inoffensive stuff in GBS and people would just rage. I don't even think that was the only forum either.

YOSPOS won’t allow her into their saunas :(

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

Jeffrey perma'd A Gnarlacious Bro iirc

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

DaysBefore posted:

The Posting Troubles sound really funny, should've paid attention while they were happening lmao

I found it extremely stressful, and I was only on the side lines.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

The Kins posted:

Me and my friends made a game where you kill mutants by skateboarding and its sequel, Real talk thread, in which someone posts a game jam game they were involved with in Imp Zone, receives polite and constructive feedback, and it's off to the races from there...

iirc it turned out Lurdiak's dumb rear end didn't even really work on it except to bother the developers with really bad ideas

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Leal posted:

The reason I asked when The Troubles happened was cause I remember back in 2017 when Lowtax banned some LPers and a group of them all self banned in retaliation and made their own forum. Then right after Jeff got the forums one of them went and invoked The Troubles as to why they wouldn't come back. Its surreal seeing "Do they still let the shittier subforums harass people" from users who left 2-3 years before the blowup even happened.

IIRC it was because some things Lowtax said or did re: Shmorky during a Gaming Garbage stream.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Leal posted:

no big loss, is it

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Turdiak

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
Hey, Something Awful is being featured in this video about Interior Crocodile Alligator becoming a meme

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Marcade posted:

IIRC it was because some things Lowtax said or did re: Shmorky during a Gaming Garbage stream.

Yeah, they accused him (on twitter) of being a terrible parent so he just forums banned them and a small number of other people banme'd in support, but like only one of those people had posted on the forums in the past two years anyway.

Casual Male XL Fan
May 26, 2008

ArfJason posted:

remembe when lowtax copypasted a photoshop edit they made where shrmorky was put in the poster for bye bye man and it said poopoo man and went "this is the content the forums should be putting out" lol

lmao

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Desert Bus posted:

Does anyone know the story behind this 15 year old video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcdWlPz5ixk

I think it's a pre YouTube video. It was trolling some racists that were talking to Stile and Lowtax by revealing themselves as actually being black. That's all I remember.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
turdiak

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

has this been posted

https://twitter.com/sa__moment/status/1554437627612483584?s=21&t=5Bmk9V4W3R7WtFK0oJnlCA

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

The Kins posted:

...but let's face it, there were probably multiple instances.

still salty that they goldmined it before i finished my video and that now its not in the thread proper -_-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snUPq2b6aE4

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Haven’t seen that before. Lol

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

ArfJason posted:

still salty that they goldmined it before i finished my video and that now its not in the thread proper -_-

Lmao. From the Doom bathroom wad to various incarnations of Groverhaus, custom game maps and mods are always great fun.

My video is much more simple, but I also was a couple of minutes late. That thread burned too bright.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieOVqaIQd-g

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Aug 2, 2022

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

This is so pathetic it isn't even funny anymore.

Guy, if you're reading this, please go to therapy.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
this guy is not well

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i stillhave no idea who that is. despite that:

ArfJason posted:

Lets keep giving these guys attention since they clearly hate it

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

ArfJason posted:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

ArfJason posted:

This is good.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Is that filmed in a basement?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Stop giving Guy Mann attention

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

sorry roth

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ArfJason posted:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Polsy posted:

Yeah, they accused him (on twitter) of being a terrible parent so he just forums banned them and a small number of other people banme'd in support, but like only one of those people had posted on the forums in the past two years anyway.

https://twitter.com/VoidBurger/status/817993273428021248?s=20&t=AXpHyA0n-x88VIrEi3sJug

I mean, she wasn't wrong

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

She was very much correct about that, but you still get goons pretending she was not every time this comes up.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Eh, Voidburger was annoying in her own way.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
my parents would never have allowed me to have one of those

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Peachfart posted:

Eh, Voidburger was annoying in her own way.

???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

What is that tweet supposed to say?