Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I know that representation the quality the plaintiffs had is probably not cheap, but goddamn that entire team was incredible. It helps when the Defenses council is as loving terrible as it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

SalTheBard posted:

I know that representation the quality the plaintiffs had is probably not cheap, but goddamn that entire team was incredible. It helps when the Defenses council is as loving terrible as it was.

They work pro-bono I'm pretty sure, because careers are made out of cases like this.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

SalTheBard posted:

I don't beleive it costed them anything. I think the firm was footing the bill.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Digital Jedi posted:

I don't beleive it costed them anything. I think the firm was footing the bill.

gently caress yeah even better.

EDIT:

I'm bummed Alex doesn't have to be there when the decision has been made.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
the cough is back!

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Checked my phone on my lunchbreak, saw 800 unread posts, I thought maybe Alex Jones leaped of the witness stand and bit the judge. This is genuinely even more insane. All of his loving texts.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
the loving COUGHING ugggghhhhh

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Maybe he can get through his whole show without coughing because he is more easily able to medicate in his studio than in a court of law.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

YggiDee posted:

Checked my phone on my lunchbreak, saw 800 unread posts, I thought maybe Alex Jones leaped of the witness stand and bit the judge. This is genuinely even more insane. All of his loving texts.

That's probably the best part. I was hoping for an Alex Jones meltdown freakout but this was about 100 times better.

The freakout comes on his show tonight.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
tbh Jones looks legitimately sick, and the sweating could be a result of a COVID fever

lol if so

wit
Jul 26, 2011

bigperm posted:

It would be crazy if the jury came back with a verdict today, considering they don't even have the evidence yet.

However, it would not even be top 5 crazy considering this trial.

Their blue collar minds couldn't possibly fathom it, and even if possible, the judge's cloven hooves couldn't sign anything. They have to all go to a Hilary Clinton child murder orgy to regroup. Its like you know nothing about the justice system!

Also Alex remembered to cough lots again. Mind control poison gas no doubt making him say these things.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/ElBartoArmy/status/1554914485369970689?t=-MBS0wqaNd2lSomm0ph9dg&s=19

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I wonder how many nuclear wars Alex will predict on his next show.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
The fact that he's going to be hosed by the contents of his phone in who knows how many different ways as a result of this trial is better than any damages I could have hoped for.

But I still hope for a lot of damages.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

BigglesSWE posted:

I wonder how many nuclear wars Alex will predict on his next show.

My guy, Alex may shoot himself on his next show based on the number of parties who have said they want to subpoena those phone records. The January 6th committee has already said they want it.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
wait WHAT about a rifle???

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Wait what the gently caress did that plaintiff lawyer just say? There are a bunch of well-armed angry people, one of whom was heard to say "Don't let them see the rifle"

What the christ

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

BigglesSWE posted:

They work pro-bono I'm pretty sure, because careers are made out of cases like this.

For once Alex was right about something when he said the phone record release was a Perry Mason moment for Mark.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
was that jordan?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Sir Tonk posted:

was that jordan?

I think Jordan is back in Chicago. He tweeted earlier that he was leaving to catch a flight.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Goddamn I who would have guessed that that falling start I wished on really was magic. Funny about that monkey's paw I found the same night though.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

when do they play rock paper scissors to see who stays in the building while the rest go get beers?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Catastrophe posted:

I thought he was Alpha Man Supreme Manly Mode. Why couldn't he just take out an attacker on his own?

he has a torn larynx

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
As we're entering insane-o-land I'm going to predict that the jury awards $150M, Alex Jones moans that Infowars in its entirety is worth that much, the plaintiffs' attorneys say "hey, that works" and the plaintiffs are awarded the entirety of Free Speech Systems, Inc. as their monetary award.

They then sell FSS to... GEORGE SOROS!!! :unsmigghh:

wit
Jul 26, 2011
If anyone missed the cross examination, the plaintiff's legal team smeared their faces with blood and proceeded to stab him for several hours.

VVV: Could this be added to the OP please? It was the moment when a trial involving alex jones suddenly got crazy, even given the baseline is well... a trial involving alex jones.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
In case anyone that didn't see the thread wants to see it,

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4008312&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=102#post525291340

Here is where the nuclear bomb drops about getting the phone

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Well that was an interesting way to spend some time today.

I'm dying to know what the damages will be. My pessimistic guess is like a few million each, but we'll see. I didn't know the whole thing about capped punitive damages. Clearly <1 million is kind of laughable as a punishment.

So does the money come out of the business? Or is it just Alex Jones?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Eeyo posted:

Well that was an interesting way to spend some time today.

I'm dying to know what the damages will be. My pessimistic guess is like a few million each, but we'll see. I didn't know the whole thing about capped punitive damages. Clearly <1 million is kind of laughable as a punishment.

i think it'd come out of infowars

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

At this point I would only be slightly surprised if the Jury came back to the Judge with a question about what to do with this item the defendants put into evidence listed as "my gmail account password, my briefcase code, and a list of the three wacky digits on the back of each of FSS' company credit cards"

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

ElegantFugue posted:

At this point I would only be slightly surprised if the Jury came back to the Judge with a question about what to do with this item the defendants put into evidence listed as "my gmail account password, my briefcase code, and a list of the three wacky digits on the back of each of FSS' company credit cards"

"Whatever you want."

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Is it good to have the jury deliberate for a long time or is it bad?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

SalTheBard posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4008312&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=102#post525291340

Could we add that to the OP? Fantastic moment.

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Tree Dude posted:

The fact that he's going to be hosed by the contents of his phone in who knows how many different ways as a result of this trial is better than any damages I could have hoped for.

But I still hope for a lot of damages.

He's probably going to have to redo his whole divorce. And his ex-wife hates him. He might skate past the Jan 6 committee. He may avoid other charges. But she wants to hurt him.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Hollismason posted:

Is it good to have the jury deliberate for a long time or is it bad?

I think if they need a long time that implies there are a lot of different opinions thrown about which would likely be good news for the defence.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Eeyo posted:

They're all the same thing.

wit
Jul 26, 2011
So, in the cross, Alex Jones' phone data magically appears and his defense did nothing about it, and its likely to be used in Jan 6th trial about overthrowing the government. If nothing else, Jones can recoup all the payouts in this conspiracy's mileage.

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference

SalTheBard posted:

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Alex Jones reportedly asked the attorney "You mean ALL my texts? Including the ones with the Senator?" after the cameras were off. Attorney responded "Yes, there's going to be a fallout"

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Lmao get hosed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

The Alchemist posted:

Alex Jones reportedly asked the attorney "You mean ALL my texts? Including the ones with the Senator?" after the cameras were off. Attorney responded "Yes, there's going to be a fallout"

Holy poo poo. Who had the ear on it? I want to know more :sickos: