Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

for half a moment I assumed the problem was she put the egg in before flipping the steak and it'd overcook the egg, and was ready to go 'oh come on she hosed timing up but that's a probably perfectly fine way to do a steak and eggs meal in a cute way'.

Aside from the other aspects that a more fancy cook would take offense at, I think a bigger issue is that steak is more valuable per-weight so just removing a chunk is more of a loss. It's not like bread. You could probably work open a hole for an egg without removing a piece.

I don't ever want to have anything to do with flamin hot cheetos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

MagpieConcept posted:

Update: What the gently caress? He's right it's neither flavor it's just. Something. Describing it as a flavor error code is absolutely correct. :stare:

I tasted cucumber when I did it a few weeks ago. Tried a bunch of different ratios, but it always had the taste of "nothingness with a hint of cucumber."

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Zipperelli. posted:

I tasted cucumber when I did it a few weeks ago. Tried a bunch of different ratios, but it always had the taste of "nothingness with a hint of cucumber."

Just like real cucumbers!

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Would, but only to punish myself at 3 am for my sins.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mandatory lesbian posted:

Hashbrowns are usually topped with cheese and a sauce.

:bigwhat:

RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

FFT posted:

I'm fairly certain the "cranberry Mike's Hard Lemonade and cucumber lime Gatorade throws a tastebud error code" thing predates covid

Can confirm. About a decade ago, some of my friends improvised a mixed drink with the end of a bottle of Ocean Spray Cranberry, the end of a bottle of Rose's Lime, and some spirits over ice, and then the four of us took turns trying to describe the taste and name the drink. It tasted the way a box of new crayons smells. I think it's the interaction between the cranberry and the lime that does it.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

RoeCocoa posted:

Can confirm. About a decade ago, some of my friends improvised a mixed drink with the end of a bottle of Ocean Spray Cranberry, the end of a bottle of Rose's Lime, and some spirits over ice, and then the four of us took turns trying to describe the taste and name the drink. It tasted the way a box of new crayons smells. I think it's the interaction between the cranberry and the lime that does it.
Maybe depending on the ratio, but Cosmopolitans and vodka cranberry with lime are pretty common and don't cause this

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Ingredients:
  • 1 lemon
  • 2 ounces blanched almonds
  • 2 medium-size apples
  • 2 ounces honey
  • 1/2 vanilla pod
  • 2 cigarettes

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

Ingredients:
  • 1 lemon
  • 2 ounces blanched almonds
  • 2 medium-size apples
  • 2 ounces honey
  • 1/2 vanilla pod
  • 2 cigarettes

I kind of feel a kinship with this recipe

Clone Farmer
Aug 28, 2006

Those are some, uh, plump weenies.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
just some steaks from places called "Kountry Kitchen" that I found interesting

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Breetai posted:

Small pastries, on the rocks please.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The experience of scavenging the beach

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

that'll be 600 dollars

LMAO these prices are in euros, loving poo poo:

80 dollar bowl of soup

LifeSunDeath has a new favorite as of 05:28 on Aug 9, 2022

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

:pastryno:
I need to make more emotes, this isn't expressing the range of my emotions at all.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

LifeSunDeath posted:

80 dollar bowl of soup

The secret to a good restaurant is adding pine needles and cones to every dish, but charging more to not put them in

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

LifeSunDeath posted:

that'll be 600 dollars

80 dollar bowl of soup

You'll have to pay extra for the soup, 80 bucks gets you just the vegetables you'd normally find in the soup, I'm pretty sure

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

AARD VARKMAN posted:

just some steaks from places called "Kountry Kitchen" that I found interesting

"How did you find the steak, sir?"
"Well, I looked under the fries, and there it was."

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse

Captain Hygiene posted:

The secret to a good restaurant is adding pine needles and cones to every dish, but charging more to not put them in

Spruce can be quite a nice flavour, sometimes on hikes in the forest we pick the young needles off the trees and chew them. I wouldn’t put it in pasta though.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
To be honest, I think I'd rather have the kountry kitchen drysteak than whatever the gently caress that french snob poo poo is.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Creature posted:

Spruce can be quite a nice flavour, sometimes on hikes in the forest we pick the young needles off the trees and chew them. I wouldn’t put it in pasta though.

The 49th State Brewing Company up here in Alaska does a spruce tip soda that I quite like. It's a strong citrus flavor, the spruce hits your nose more than your tongue.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Brawnfire posted:

The experience of scavenging the beach

having done that I would disagree, you can find far more to eat than that on a decent stretch of beach.

stereobreadsticks
Feb 28, 2008

Dareon posted:

The 49th State Brewing Company up here in Alaska does a spruce tip soda that I quite like. It's a strong citrus flavor, the spruce hits your nose more than your tongue.

Yeah, I had a spruce ale from Siletz Brewery in Oregon a few times that was similarly tasty.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

For a few years now I've been meaning to forage some spruce tips and pickle them in the spring and then put them on roast pork or with venison sausage but I keep forgetting.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

CommonShore posted:

For a few years now I've been meaning to forage some spruce tips and pickle them in the spring and then put them on roast pork or with venison sausage but I keep forgetting.

I've never heard of this but holy gently caress does it sound good

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

stereobreadsticks posted:

Yeah, I had a spruce ale from Siletz Brewery in Oregon a few times that was similarly tasty.
I don't know where mine was from (it's somewhere in the last thread), but it was Not Good. :(

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Dareon posted:

Alaskan’s spruce tip seltzer is legit too. I’ve not had a decent spruce tip beer or seltzer in the lower 48 though, despite great effort in the search.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://twitter.com/KariVanHorn/status/1556605756434042880?s=20&t=uhIhAM9ewGBAvUn1JsbZdg

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Ok, this is it. This one. This is the line. Ballparks need to stop conceptualizing this nonsense.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Don't try and tell me you've never had a craving for quality fish that's been boiled to gently caress, shaped into small shoes and filled with some kind of creamed aquatic green

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I like Three Head's Sprucifer

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Redwall may have given me unrealistic expectations for watercress.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Captain Hygiene posted:

Don't try and tell me you've never had a craving for quality fish that's been boiled to gently caress, shaped into small shoes and filled with some kind of creamed aquatic green

I think the only thing it's been shaped by is whoever cut the fish into steaks, especially since the skin appears to be intact around the whole piece

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Ah yeah, that is a salmon cutlet
but it really does look like a shoe lol
Salmon shoes

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/insultsrare/status/1557004239033040898

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Tiggum posted:

"Best" is going too far, but this is actually really good.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Nobody will ever post like Tiggum. Just a virtuoso.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Captain Hygiene posted:

Photo is awful, but cold salmon with some variation of sauce verte is perfectly cromulent way to serve it.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

axolotl farmer posted:

Photo is awful, but cold salmon with some variation of sauce verte is perfectly cromulent way to serve it.

Fully 30% of awful poo poo in this thread is bad photos and/or bad plating. A lot of the time it's just fine actually, we just created a nightmare scenario where everyone is a photographer but no one's ever learned how to take a picture. Or it's an old photo in a 50 year old magazine where the colors are faded and yeah it looks like poo poo like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

yeah it's not so bad