Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Azathoth posted:

By the time I became aware of a problem, Alec had been harrassing cumshitter via disturbing vlogs for some time. Him vlogging while driving with his child in the car gets a lot of attention but the ones that disturbed me most were him coloring a picture with his child, with the reveal that what his kid was coloring had cumshitter.com written on it and worst of all, Alec making a literal fake suicide note video in his loving classroom, including brandishing a razor blade, before the punchline of him saying cumshitter.com.

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

noted pharmaceutical that you can totally get prescribed to you by a physician: cocaine

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

euphronius posted:

"justifying a war-crime" is way too lose and vague a standard to be meaningful. 1. What definintion of war crime are you using? Article 12 of the Rome statute? not every country agrees with that. Even if everyone agrees to use the Rome statute, there is often little chance of knowing one way or the other whether many actions in a war are a war crime without a long investigation and compilation of evidence and testimony. Are we going then off of what "feels" like a war crime at the time as these things are often only discussed soon after they happen. 2. what does justify mean in this context? do you mean, what I think, more like "excuse"? or say it was not a war crime? Many many people justify the USA dropping atomic bombs on Japan. I doubt this is the kind of thing you would probate however.

Just confusing all around.

I apogize, but I'm not going to have a debate with you about the definition of war crimes because someone had to take one day off posting. What you've posted is very detailed and I understand why it's important for you that we hash this out, but it sounds like you'd get more interesting and thoughtful engagement with this post in D&D.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I only saw a few of Alecs post but man is that guy ugly

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
all this text is just arguing over vibes. NHD detected bad juju

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
You probably shouldn't moderate in the Ukraine thread if that's your take

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

NeatHeteroDude posted:

I apogize, but I'm not going to have a debate with you about the definition of war crimes because someone had to take one day off posting. What you've posted is very detailed and I understand why it's important for you that we hash this out, but it sounds like you'd get more interesting and thoughtful engagement with this post in D&D.

I understand. Thank you.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

NeatHeteroDude posted:

it sounds like you'd get more interesting and thoughtful engagement with this post in D&D.

jesus, bud, way to kick a poster when they're down

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

NeatHeteroDude posted:

it sounds like you'd get more interesting and thoughtful engagement with this post in D&D.

have you no decency, sir? at long last, have you no decency?

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

ill have a debate with you about war crimes, or as i call them, orc crimes

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Much like the forbidden books in a Lovecraft story, not reading my posts is always the correct decision.

Marzzle posted:

noted pharmaceutical that you can totally get prescribed to you by a physician: cocaine

I don't know that the specific substance was ever confirmed so I wanted to leave it at least a little vague. For all I know he only snorted some Soviet era research chemical that doesn't have a name it's so rare.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

or as the orcs call them, crimes

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
the #1 reason for arguing about probes is ppl never say what they mean. so its a distance between intent of the original post and interpretation of the lawman. shoulda just been like "this is freaking the b*tches out"

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Never probe

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Homeless Friend posted:

the #1 reason for arguing about probes is ppl never say what they mean. shoulda just been like "this is freaking the b*tches out"

i'd be okay with "someone reported this post and if i don't action it then one of the d&d mods will start blowing up my discord"

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Azathoth posted:

Much like the forbidden books in a Lovecraft story, not reading my posts is always the correct decision.

I don't know that the specific substance was ever confirmed so I wanted to leave it at least a little vague. For all I know he only snorted some Soviet era research chemical that doesn't have a name it's so rare.

hey alls I'm saying is that if a poster says "I was only melting down because I was extremely hosed up on SUBSTANCE X" then they should get isolated to some hybrid TCC/EN subforum where the main thing people talk about is their struggles with addiction and getting sober. no one wants to deal with junkie drama clogging up the number #1 online comedy entertainment product: somethingawful

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

NeatHeteroDude posted:

but it sounds like you'd get more interesting and thoughtful engagement with this post in D&D.

NHD murdering dudes, drat didn't know he had it in him.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Azathoth posted:

Not getting Alec off the forums faster is one of my greatest regrets as a mod. Let me give some background from someone who was as neutral between the two of them as possible.

Alec had been making the Trump thread all about him and his lovely negative attention seeking behavior for a long time. After Flavius went...well, after Flavius the mod team basically lost track of what was happening in there for several months and Alec went full Forums Superstar and no one checked him.

By the time I became aware of a problem, Alec had been harrassing cumshitter via disturbing vlogs for some time. Him vlogging while driving with his child in the car gets a lot of attention but the ones that disturbed me most were him coloring a picture with his child, with the reveal that what his kid was coloring had cumshitter.com written on it and worst of all, Alec making a literal fake suicide note video in his loving classroom, including brandishing a razor blade, before the punchline of him saying cumshitter.com.

Gimmick aside, it was very clear that cumshitter was extremely freaked out by Alec not leaving him alone and it must be stated that they live geographically close to each other, and cumshitter had talked enough about his favorite bar that he appeared legit concerned Alec was gonna actually show up and try to find him. Given Alec's downward spiral, I don't think the concern was unjustified.

Now, none of this is to excuse what cumshitter said. He absolutely did have a pharmaceutically fuelled meltdown starting very earlu New Years Day morning and continuing into the afternoon in which he threatened to call Alec's employer to report the creepy poo poo in his vlogs. That poo poo was inappropriate in the extreme, but it isn't exactly fair to compare what he did and randos doxxing someone to harrass them.

We should have dealt with Alec quicker than we did and I personally should have been more aggressive in handling his creepy behavior and not trying to get him to reform. Either of those would have headed off the impending meltdown.

drat this is all extremely cool and normal.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

really queer Christmas posted:

NHD murdering dudes, drat didn't know he had it in him.

aw, he's cspam pryzbylewski

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 33 minutes!

AnimeIsTrash posted:

You can deik Majorian? There have been several times where people are discussing things and he just steps on it despite there being nothing else going on in the thread.

I guess to tie this into a feedback point, please rotate iks frequently. There always seem to be a case where the tone of people's posts changes when they get a star. Don't think it's good for both posters or the thread when someone becomes like that. Inceltown got very defensive of the CSPAM pics thread, and Majorian is becoming the same way in the Ukraine thread.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

You can run an IK content. It'd be quite fun to see all the various personalities CSPAM has to offer run this place.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Azathoth posted:

Not getting Alec off the forums faster is one of my greatest regrets as a mod. Let me give some background from someone who was as neutral between the two of them as possible.

Alec had been making the Trump thread all about him and his lovely negative attention seeking behavior for a long time. After Flavius went...well, after Flavius the mod team basically lost track of what was happening in there for several months and Alec went full Forums Superstar and no one checked him.

Gimmick aside, it was very clear that cumshitter was extremely freaked out by Alec not leaving him alone and it must be stated that they live geographically close to each other, and cumshitter had talked enough about his favorite bar that he appeared legit concerned Alec was gonna actually show up and try to find him. Given Alec's downward spiral, I don't think the concern was unjustified.

Now, none of this is to excuse what cumshitter said. He absolutely did have a pharmaceutically fuelled meltdown starting very earlu New Years Day morning and continuing into the afternoon in which he threatened to call Alec's employer to report the creepy poo poo in his vlogs. That poo poo was inappropriate in the extreme, but it isn't exactly fair to compare what he did and randos doxxing someone to harrass them.

We should have dealt with Alec quicker than we did and I personally should have been more aggressive in handling his creepy behavior and not trying to get him to reform. Either of those would have headed off the impending meltdown.

seems like cumshitter should come back under these circumstances given the extenuating circumstances and admitted mod negligence

its been a year ?? ban now? surely that is sufficient punishment.

euphronius has issued a correction as of 21:04 on Aug 10, 2022

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

redneck nazgul posted:

not sure which forum is better at coding, yospos or tcc

lmao

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
that's a fast mod star take over

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

euphronius posted:

seems like cumshitter should come back under these circumstances given the extenuating circumstances and admitted mod negligence

I'm honestly open to the idea but overturning a perma is even harder than getting one, so uh I'll just ask you not to hold your breath.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Lol took me a second

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

The problem with this is that a good chunk of C-SPAM lose their motherfucking minds about 6ers. And let's not forget the QCS thread where someone went after Calibanibal ffs.

It would be funny, and might even work, but holy hell do I not want to be around for the cleanup if, let's say, euphronius gets the IK star (again)

So many bad NBA opinions on every thread, it'd be a nightmare.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

redneck nazgul posted:

not sure which forum is better at coding, yospos or tcc

holy poo poo

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
what cumshitter did after someone repeatedly shared creepy real life videos of their obsession with them but doesn't get banned seems like an act of desperation to get them to stop and not malicious doxxing. if you described that accurately that's all shockingly poorly handled. I mean not for SA but in general. just lmao

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Azathoth posted:

I'm honestly open to the idea but overturning a perma is even harder than getting one, so uh I'll just ask you not to hold your breath.

seems rather easy

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

i get it... its a codeine joke

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Cuttlefush posted:

what cumshitter after they repeatedly share creepy real life videos of their obsession with you but doesn't get banned seems like an act of desperation to get them to stop and not malicious doxxing. if you described that accurately that's all shockingly poorly handled. I mean not for SA but in general. just lmao

they should've dmed the admins :smuggo:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 33 minutes!

Azathoth posted:

The problem with this is that a good chunk of C-SPAM lose their motherfucking minds about 6ers. And let's not forget the QCS thread where someone went after Calibanibal ffs.

It would be funny, and might even work, but holy hell do I not want to be around for the cleanup if, let's say, euphronius gets the IK star (again)

So many bad NBA opinions on every thread, it'd be a nightmare.

What's the issue? They can enter the contest and rule with an iron fist if they win.

What about the first part?

Also are posts like this acceptable? I asked before and never got an answer.

Man Musk posted:

just a dash of antisemitism in the op because it is the balkans and it is ironic for a region with a history of pogroms, and not because the op is antisemitic and needs to be rescued from time to time in QCS 🤌

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Azathoth posted:

I understand that the mod and admin team wants to take a hardline on doxxing but I think clemency is warranted in this case. Cumshitter was a funny poster even outside of cspam and I think the forums would be better if he was allowed back.
Like Cuttlefush said, I think the doxxing threat was because he felt desperate that the mods and admins weren’t taking Alec’s weird behavior seriously.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Lessail posted:

seems rather easy

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
if you unperma people then you can charge them 10$ and we get to enjoy their posting. everyone wins.

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
plus other posters have come back after being perma'd for much worse

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

cumshitter already re-regged they just stopped being a Main Character so nobody knows

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

and as I mentioned above they have already served a long ban(probation ). clemency is deserved especially since they are a funny poster

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

or maybe i shouldnt have shared that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Korean Boomhauer posted:

plus other posters have come back after being perma'd for much worse

most don't even get a public discussion