Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Azathoth posted:

Yeah, like I was saying, I wouldn't have a problem if cumshitter came back but that's not my call to make. There's just a lot of misrepresentation about what happened, I don't think intentionally mind you, and I think folks should have a clear picture of what actually occurred.

Whose call is it to make? Is anyone arguing in favor of keeping him perma'd at this point, and if so can they come here and speak to it or can you relay their reasoning?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

really queer Christmas posted:

These are too many words. Though I was not a fan of him, if cumshitter did not doxx then he should be made to pay a $10 tax for threatening it and be allowed back. Now we should move on to making Paul_soccer12 an IK.

this

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

Azathoth posted:

to my knowledge, no one was aware it was anything more than the weird incomprehensible thread being weird and incomprehensible before I dove in and started trying to figure out what the gently caress was happening. also, i don't remember him buying those avs for folks who didn't post in that thread until well after even that

the most highly trafficked and posted-in thread being described as “incomprehensible” really just speaks to the need for a mod who understands the thread.

it’s not hard, can’t be if even a moron like me can grok it

steps seem to have been taken to address this, but lmao if your excuse for those times were “well no on really understands the most popular thread in this subforum so *throws up hands*”

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Red Baron posted:

the most highly trafficked and posted-in thread being described as “incomprehensible” really just speaks to the need for a mod who understands the thread.

it’s not hard, can’t be if even a moron like me can grok it

steps seem to have been taken to address this, but lmao if your excuse for those times were “well no on really understands the most popular thread in this subforum so *throws up hands*”

KB is that mod

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Whose call is it to make? Is anyone arguing in favor of keeping him perma'd at this point, and if so can they come here and speak to it or can you relay their reasoning?

someone must be because their latest alt was banned for simply being cumshitter despite causing no recent drama and posting well

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
It also just got an IK

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

Hot Karl Marx posted:

KB is that mod

okay further steps are needed clearly

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
my feedback is the same as always: keep Alec Eiffel banned

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

Hot Karl Marx posted:

It also just got an IK

yes and we love Lp

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Red Baron posted:

okay further steps are needed clearly

:mad:

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Terminal autist posted:

The trump thread gets like thousands of posts a week or something, I don't know how you can be that much of a poo poo to generate such animosity in there

Alec was a toxic narcissist who just would not stop trying to make the thread about himself.

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

It also just got an IK

two, actually

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

:unsmigghh:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Azathoth posted:

im very fuzzy on the exact details of what cumshitter believed about him but my understanding is that all the information came from the vlogs that Alec posted directly or at least information that could be gleaned from seeing street signs or landmarks or skylines or whatever in the background and not folks digging up poo poo from elsewhere because beyond all the other poo poo, Alec was also (surprise surprise) a chronic oversharer in his vlogs

that the doxx was incorrect was immaterial as cumshitter believed it to be true and with doxxing the intention makes the crime

it’s not just intent for an attempt crime . they also have to take a concrete or substantial step towards the crime

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

if larry isn't freed i'm gonna post free larry again

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

can you make paul an IK if it's so easy

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Move the trump thread to CCCC.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Make paul_soccer12 an ik, remove Majorian. ez

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

500 good dogs posted:

can you make paul an IK if it's so easy

Yeah, of the tump thread only

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Move the trump thread to CCCC.

Do the opposite of whatever this whiner says

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

for example if cumshitter drove to AEs town to dox him but went to the wrong address because they had the wrong info

that would be an attempt

telling a mod they are scared and thinking about doing something because the mods won’t do anything is not an attempt

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The lawman has spoken
if the doxx attempt was a sham, you must overturn the ban

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Do the opposite of whatever this whiner says

You have a good signature, but unfortunately you need to put words in your post as well.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

even if there were an attempt (there wasn’t on those facts ) cum shitter still has the affirmative defense of justification as mentioned above

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

really queer Christmas posted:

You have a good signature, but unfortunately you need to put words in your post as well.

I haven't asked for a thing

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

euphronius posted:

even if there were an attempt (there wasn’t on those facts ) cum shitter still has the affirmative defense of justification as mentioned above

euphronious I have no more law questions, defense rests

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
Maybe nuance and context doesn't matter so much if you're just catching a 6 hour probe, but should matter if you're permabanning someone? I.e. Cumshitter telling Alec to leave him and his straight son alone or else seems to be reasonable when Alec was running around completely unchecked and taking the joke way too far.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan
we demand the release of donor contributions to mods and admins

I imagine we’ll see Alec high up on the list for many

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Okay, fine. The perma is lifted.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Calibanibal posted:

Thanks

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Larry, Alec, and cumshitter are all free to post now. You freaks got what you wanted.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

Calibanibal posted:

okay but seriously since we have it on record here that the mods of this forum aren’t against it being lifted and the general consensus of the forum seems to be “Alec bad, cumshitter good-er” then what actual recourse is there?

it’s all fun and games to play at “lol yeah that ban sure was lovely! ayuck” but since the mood seems to be in favor of it being reversed what actual steps can be taken? this is the feedback thread, after all, so what happens now?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Red Baron posted:

okay but seriously since we have it on record here that the mods of this forum aren’t against it being lifted and the general consensus of the forum seems to be “Alec bad, cumshitter good-er” then what actual recourse is there?

it’s all fun and games to play at “lol yeah that ban sure was lovely! ayuck” but since the mood seems to be in favor of it being reversed what actual steps can be taken? this is the feedback thread, after all, so what happens now?

"PM fluffdaddy"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Calibanibal posted:

thank you . we all thank you .

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

The lawman has spoken
if the doxx attempt was a sham, you must overturn the ban

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

lmaoooo

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan
from a purely economical standpoint freeing cumshitter is a net positive: