Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

aids

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Calibanibal posted:

Okay, fine. The perma is lifted.

thank you, now please address the other most important issue in CSPAM: retracting my unjust probes. I want everyone to know I am NOT racist against gypsies, they are a fine people and don't deserve the slander that is clearly implied when you discuss the plot of Thinner. And also the folks over at Bellingcat should NOT have an airstrike called in against them, they provide important intelligence in helping America defeat her imperial enemies, if I implied they should die, then it was only due to what was obviously a mistyped word or two.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

legal aids

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

nikosoft posted:

thank you, now please address the other most important issue in CSPAM: retracting my unjust probes. I want everyone to know I am NOT racist against gypsies, they are a fine people and don't deserve the slander that is clearly implied when you discuss the plot of Thinner. And also the folks over at Bellingcat should NOT have an airstrike called in against them, they provide important intelligence in helping America defeat her imperial enemies, if I implied they should die, then it was only due to what was obviously a mistyped word or two.

:razz:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

free cumshitter

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

euphronius posted:

legal aids

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Jonah Galtberg posted:

Threatening to do a chargeback on the SA store will also get you permabanned even if you don't actually do it

he posted he was going to do it, then posted he wasn't going to do it, and never did it. somehow only the first part was relayed to fluffdaddy during his meltdown.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

really queer Christmas posted:

These are too many words. Though I was not a fan of him, if cumshitter did not doxx then he should be made to pay a $10 tax for threatening it and be allowed back. Now we should move on to making Paul_soccer12 an IK.

imo there's more to it than that. Alec should have been permabanned before cumshitter melted down about it, there's no doubt about that in my mind. To put some flesh on the bones Az mentioned, we had been talking about what to do with Alec for about a month at that point, including giving him bans and increasingly lengthy probations for his unhinged posting. From October 25th 2021 to his eventual permaban on January 9th 2022, Alec was banned twice and spent a month and 21 days on probation. Az was also going back and forth with cumshitter in private and with Alec in private and in public to try and get them to stop feuding. We were talking about Alec being on a short road that ended in a permaban, but at the time the guidance we were getting from the admins was that since he was just being persistently annoying rather than actively harmful, we should just start banning him every time he was particularly annoying.

Cumshitter didn't like that state of affairs and had a meltdown where he threatened to doxx Alec. These were the posts in question, so that we can all be on the same page for this discussion rather than playing telephone about what was actually said and done:

cumshitter posted:

i didnt forward the video the [mod edit: removed some personal information], but someone else did. and im glad they let me know. what a stupid move that was hahaha

apparently, from the person who PM'md me, it went to a [mod edit: removed some personal information]? Man, it sure was a good idea to post stupid poo poo in your workspace. i had zip to do with it, its just the natural consequence of doing the stupidest possible thing

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

cumshitter posted:

you are the one who reposted it after th IK's came in and cleaned up after you

are you now suddenly worried about sharing your face with the world? to be clear, i have no plans to share it with anybody. but why are you worried? would you please explain why this his harmless video is causing you concern?

cumshitter posted:

i could do it but i wont. never buy another avatar for anyone in this thread ever again, alec. if you do, i will email the video to your bosses in a loving second.

stop smearing your face all over this thread you attention seeking weirdo. i dont care what hosed up poo poo is going on in your life, just stop it. we are all sick of your loving face.

[mod edit: removed some personal information]

go ahead and report me. i can still read the forum and nothing will change. i will be the bad guy in this situation if i have to be.

cumshitter posted:

and well im loving at it change your av within the next two hours and stop your harassment of drygoods. we all know this isnt going someplace good

loving try me. im good and drunk, i want to hit the spite button.

cumshitter posted:

oh alec you better give me an apology before i call [mod edit: removed some personal information] on monday and i will not accept a PM

you're the one who made it all public, and insisted it be public.

cumshitter posted:

[mod edit: removed some personal information]

you made zero effort to hide any of this by the way, and went out of your way to repost a video the IK's deleted on your behalf. which i have saved. would i not be doing them a favor by sharing this? sharing the thing you reposted becuase you thought it made you look good?

but if you grovel, well, i can be persuaded.

cumshitter posted:

this can all end in a second. i can close my email to the school board, which i shall not disclose but is incredibly obvious to anyone who wants to look it up because alec has made zero effort to hide anything the second alec promises to stop being a creep and plastering his face on every page of this forum.

and you can go ahead and do whatever to me. im the one wearing a bomb vest, im clearly more invested in this than you.

cumshitter posted:

i never sent it.

the school board emailed me through my website and i didnt even respond.

this has always been an empty threat.

oh, and im sorry im nearly as big as an attention whore as the guy who plasters his face on every single page of this thread. lets all ignore that.

cumshitter posted:

i did forward the video to [mod edit: this was already kinda censored but I am fully censoring it]] btw eat poo poo alec. your inability to distinguish between reality and posting is something parents and professional educators deserve to know

cumshitter posted:

just wanna reiterate that i sent this video, that alec published himself to make himself look good, to his employers

https://twitter.com/i/status/1477322852307116034

simply because he annoyed me

cumshitter posted:

im going to ask everyone here a genuine question

is there a reason i should not contact the *********** school board and share alec's video's with his employers?

he has spent hundreds of dollars on me. and made videos shouting my name, cumshitter, in his workspace during work hours. which, at a minimum, demonstrates a very weeak grasp of consequences and a prioritization of internet cred over anything else.

why would i not be a good citizen to report this video

https://twitter.com/CUM_Financial/status/1477322852307116034

that alec not only had deleted once by the grace of the IK's so that he wouldn't be fired, but then reposted becuase he genuinely was so demented he thought it made him look good?

i could do nothing and just wait or i could actually do a genuinely good thing by alerting the school board to the eternally online weirdo who literally has no sense of what he should and should not share online. would you, as a parent, feel comfortable with someone making this video working with your children? even if you do, do you think that person should be smart enough to not make this video?

just saying. we have an immense creep in our midst. someone who literally has no boundaries between reality and the interent, but he vlogs while ugly so i guess we look past it.

cumshitter posted:

i may or may not have emailed the [mod edit: removed some personal information] who knowwwwwssss~~~~

oh like it would be a bad thing to do in response to a guy spending literally $700+ dollars dominating a single thread you basic bitches

cumshitter posted:

Please, nobody share this publicly available poo poo with the **********.edu board

https://twitter.com/CUM_Financial/status/1477322852307116034

cumshitter posted:

i aint making GBS threads around, alec. [mod edit: removed some partially censored personal information] school board. gently caress off, or i share the video.

the one you moronically decided to repost becuase you thought it made you look good. lets see how good the school board thinks it looks. gently caress off, you weirdo.

cumshitter claims that they never actually sent anything to the school board, but they very clearly and repeatedly threatened to do so, essentially blackmailing Alec via the repeated and insistent threat of doxxing him if he didn't do what cumshitter wanted.

This is a difficult situation, because what cumshitter wanted was correct: for Alec to leave him alone, stop being the main character of the Trump thread, and ultimately be permabanned, which we finally accomplished like a week later. But the way he went about it is absolutely unacceptable. You cannot threaten other posters with doxxing to get your way on this website, and that has to be non-negotiable from a mod or admin standpoint no matter how much the target sucks. If you do, it's a permaban even if you PM a mod afterwards and say "pssst hey my very public repeated threats of doxxing my posting enemy is just an empty threat, don't worry about it". That is a kind of posting that absolutely can't be tolerated for reasons that I hope are very obvious, even though in this case the target of that posting was someone that the would-be-doxxer was right to want gone. Historically, on SA, that kind of behaviour is a permaban offence because we have a zero tolerance attitude to anything close to doxxing, and this was well over that line. And honestly I think this would be a much worse forum if we didn't have that kind of zero tolerance attitude towards both doxxing and doxxing threats.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Thank, forums discovery is fun

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

how was it over the line of doxxing . he didn’t dox or make an attempt . there was no dox.

he did threaten to but that is a conceptually a separate crime. threats always have a lesser penalty than the actual crime (if committed or attempted ) . threatening to murder someone one is not punished the same as actually murdering someone (or attempting to) just make threats to dox a 6 month probation or whatever .
it would be very simple to enforce and track common legal reasoning that most people are familiar with

on top of all that is the fact that the mods admittedly did not handle the situation well and entrapped cumshitter into saving himself from that situation that should never have happened but for mod negligence

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

vyelkin posted:

imo there's more to it than that. Alec should have been permabanned before cumshitter melted down about it, there's no doubt about that in my mind. To put some flesh on the bones Az mentioned, we had been talking about what to do with Alec for about a month at that point, including giving him bans and increasingly lengthy probations for his unhinged posting. From October 25th 2021 to his eventual permaban on January 9th 2022, Alec was banned twice and spent a month and 21 days on probation. Az was also going back and forth with cumshitter in private and with Alec in private and in public to try and get them to stop feuding. We were talking about Alec being on a short road that ended in a permaban, but at the time the guidance we were getting from the admins was that since he was just being persistently annoying rather than actively harmful, we should just start banning him every time he was particularly annoying.

Cumshitter didn't like that state of affairs and had a meltdown where he threatened to doxx Alec. These were the posts in question, so that we can all be on the same page for this discussion rather than playing telephone about what was actually said and done:

cumshitter claims that they never actually sent anything to the school board, but they very clearly and repeatedly threatened to do so, essentially blackmailing Alec via the repeated and insistent threat of doxxing him if he didn't do what cumshitter wanted.

This is a difficult situation, because what cumshitter wanted was correct: for Alec to leave him alone, stop being the main character of the Trump thread, and ultimately be permabanned, which we finally accomplished like a week later. But the way he went about it is absolutely unacceptable. You cannot threaten other posters with doxxing to get your way on this website, and that has to be non-negotiable from a mod or admin standpoint no matter how much the target sucks. If you do, it's a permaban even if you PM a mod afterwards and say "pssst hey my very public repeated threats of doxxing my posting enemy is just an empty threat, don't worry about it". That is a kind of posting that absolutely can't be tolerated for reasons that I hope are very obvious, even though in this case the target of that posting was someone that the would-be-doxxer was right to want gone. Historically, on SA, that kind of behaviour is a permaban offence because we have a zero tolerance attitude to anything close to doxxing, and this was well over that line. And honestly I think this would be a much worse forum if we didn't have that kind of zero tolerance attitude towards both doxxing and doxxing threats.

reduce to ban+30, release on the basis of time served.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Whose call is it to make? Is anyone arguing in favor of keeping him perma'd at this point, and if so can they come here and speak to it or can you relay their reasoning?

It's ultimately Jeff's call, just like with applying a perma in the first place. I'll bring it up to the full admin team and Jeff for consideration as a takeaway from the thread. To be clear, this is a "no guarantees" situation.

Red Baron posted:

the most highly trafficked and posted-in thread being described as “incomprehensible” really just speaks to the need for a mod who understands the thread.

it’s not hard, can’t be if even a moron like me can grok it

steps seem to have been taken to address this, but lmao if your excuse for those times were “well no on really understands the most popular thread in this subforum so *throws up hands*”

Yeah, we have Korean Boomhauer who was brought on as a mod literally as the perma for Alec was going through, and we just added two IKs for the thread this week. I know we have other mods who read and post in there but I'm on my phone so can't do a deep dive. It was a problem when Alec was doing his poo poo, I do not believe it is a problem any longer.

euphronius posted:

it’s not just intent for an attempt crime . they also have to take a concrete or substantial step towards the crime

Attempted doxxing? Attempted doxxing? What even is that. They don't give a Nobel prize for attempted chemistry!

euphronius posted:

legal aids

Also this.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

vyelkin posted:

This is a difficult situation, because what cumshitter wanted was correct: for Alec to leave him alone, stop being the main character of the Trump thread, and ultimately be permabanned, which we finally accomplished like a week later.

lmao

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

vyelkin posted:

Lmfao people are defending this dude

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

(mods did not actually entrap cumshitter I just used that for rhetorical flourish)

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

in recent years, permas have been undone for jay z's sedan, crazy cloud, and kagaya homoraisin (and likely others). nothing cumshitter did was any worse and they have all been welcomed back.

e: baloogan too

e2: hbag's 100,000 hour probe was also rescinded

RealityWarCriminal has issued a correction as of 18:20 on Aug 11, 2022

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

free larry

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Pretty convinced now more than ever than the Trump thread should be moved to CCCC. Also make paul_soccer12 an ik.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
this got boring real fast

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Lmfao people are defending this dude

It really helps when enough time passes that I forget the actual words Cumshitter typed

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan
frankly if you put yourself in the position Alec did where you can’t stop over sharing and someone does doxx you because you couldn’t shut the gently caress up about your personal life I think you deserve it

doxxing used to mean hunting down personal information, linking disparate bits of info and eventually uncovering the person behind the poster

with Alec he flaunted the information, laid the trap, and then had it go off against his #2 posting enemy

the waters are murkier not because of Cumshitter’s “will he won’t he” “threat” to doxx Alec, but because Alec was so open with his actual life here, on these forums, that it could have only been inevitable that someone would doxx him, the mods just picked the most public face of the oncoming train wreck and laid the whole thing on cumshitter.

Alec dug the grave, set the headstone, threatened the forums, mods did nothing, and when someone convenient came along they buried two bodies.

ladies and gentlemen of the jury, the case is clear: Alec had a banwish, and he didn’t care who he took with him. and for this, an innocent, very young man (perhaps the youngest man ever to live) must pay the price?

a sham of a forum

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Full disclosure i paid AIT 500 dollars to launch this campaign

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

euphronius posted:

(mods did not actually entrap cumshitter I just used that for rhetorical flourish)

(Alec entrapped him, shut up! we have a good thing going here, the jury is about to acquit!)

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

did anyone get permabanned for brown moses = eliot higgins?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
how about the admins doxx alec eiffel in the mod forum and leave a flaming bag of poo poo on his porch, time 4 goon justice

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Lib and let die posted:

did anyone get permabanned for brown moses = eliot higgins?

Ah, good precedence. Brown Moses was also a poster who primarily promoted his semi-offsite work.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

euphronius posted:

how was it over the line of doxxing . he didn’t dox or make an attempt . there was no dox.

he did threaten to but that is a conceptually a separate crime. threats always have a lesser penalty than the actual crime (if committed or attempted ) . threatening to murder someone one is not punished the same as actually murdering someone (or attempting to) just make threats to dox a 6 month probation or whatever .
it would be very simple to enforce and track common legal reasoning that most people are familiar with

on top of all that is the fact that the mods admittedly did not handle the situation well and entrapped cumshitter into saving himself from that situation that should never have happened but for mod negligence

this is an internet forum, not a court of law. If somebody started targeting you by repeatedly posting "euphronius you have to post that you love Steph Curry and Nikola Jokic or I will contact your employer and send them an embarrassing video that could get you fired and ruin your life" and included in those repeated posts both a link to the video and your employer's email address, as a mod on this website I would not give a poo poo if they actually followed through, I would permaban them without thinking twice.

Frankly, I don't care that someone who commits blackmail via threats of murder gets a lesser sentence than someone who actually murders someone, this is an internet forum and threats of doxxing are a permaban offence even if actual doxxing is even worse. Just because people get permabanned for a really severe bad thing doesn't mean a permaban is off the table for other bad things that are less severe.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

vyelkin posted:

this is an internet forum, not a court of law. If somebody started targeting you by repeatedly posting "euphronius you have to post that you love Steph Curry and Nikola Jokic or I will contact your employer and send them an embarrassing video that could get you fired and ruin your life" and included in those repeated posts both a link to the video and your employer's email address, as a mod on this website I would not give a poo poo if they actually followed through, I would permaban them without thinking twice.

Frankly, I don't care that someone who commits blackmail via threats of murder gets a lesser sentence than someone who actually murders someone, this is an internet forum and threats of doxxing are a permaban offence even if actual doxxing is even worse. Just because people get permabanned for a really severe bad thing doesn't mean a permaban is off the table for other bad things that are less severe.

You'd be justified and a good mod for doing so

but not so much if Euphronius had spent months loving with that user and threatening them and everyone had been yelling at the mods to please ban Euphronius we don't want him here, he's weird and hosed up and making us all unhappy and uncomfortable

then you'd be negligent

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

These liberals are trying to assassinate cumshitter's character. Now, I can't change their mind. I won't change my mind, 'cause I don't have to - 'cause I'm an American. I won't change my mind on anything, regardless of the facts that are set out before me. I'm dug in - and I'll never change.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

You'd be justified and a good mod for doing so

but not so much if Euphronius had spent months loving with that user and threatening them and everyone had been yelling at the mods to please ban Euphronius we don't want him here, he's weird and hosed up and making us all unhappy and uncomfortable

then you'd be negligent

also in this scenario euphronious has also posted, repeatedly, easily observable (or just flat out goaded posters with) personally identifying information

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

paul_soccer12 qualifications:
  • Enemy of Israel
  • Friend of Palestine
  • Friend of Serbia
  • Friend of Russia
  • Does not use cringey CSPAM sayings like syq, crack ping, etc
  • Might be gay

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

KirbyKhan posted:

Ah, good precedence. Brown Moses was also a poster who primarily promoted his semi-blacksite work.

ftfy

speng31b
May 8, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

paul_soccer12 qualifications:
  • Enemy of Israel
  • Friend of Palestine
  • Friend of Serbia
  • Friend of Russia
  • Does not use cringey CSPAM sayings like syq, crack ping, etc
  • Might be gay

whoah sick av

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

hesitancy in being gay is not a quality i want in an ik

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

CSPAM mods don't get to talk poo poo about dems anymore because anytime someone asks them to do something they fall into the same damned rhetoric of "well I'd sure like to do something but there are processes we have to follow and I don't want to make any waves because I just got elected and the mid-terms are coming up and you need me here to argue for your interests against these other wackos"

just do the goddamned thing
that's why you're there
if you're not gonna do the thing then you're just an AOC making show-votes

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

CSPAM mods don't get to talk poo poo about dems anymore because anytime someone asks them to do something they fall into the same damned rhetoric of "well I'd sure like to do something but there are processes we have to follow and I don't want to make any waves because I just got elected and the mid-terms are coming up and you need me here to argue for your interests against these other wackos"

just do the goddamned thing
that's why you're there
if you're not gonna do the thing then you're just an AOC making show-votes

this is an internet forum buddy

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

this is an internet forum buddy

all the more reason to do the goddamn things

there are no stakes just make the users happy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

vyelkin posted:

I understand your pov but part of being a mod is having prosecutorial discretion . posting crimes are not always a strict liability thing. there are plenty of places on the forums where rules are flouted and it’s fine . mods can take the entire circumstances into account. the entire context .

in this case was a lot of context here that is not what I would consider a normal doxxing situation and different than the hypothetical you posit .

I think a commutation of the sentence would be proper in this case . it does not in anyway undermine the basic principle that doxxing is forbidden and does recognize cumshitter deserved to be punished severely . and they were. now that time has passed and cooler heads are looking back in hindsight it’s my opinion the punishment was too harsh considering the circumstances and considering that perma bans have been revoked in other cases .

if the perma is lifted, no one is going yo think “oh doxxing people is allowed now”

also while I agree it’s not a criminal court , people are very familiar with how courts and criminal codes work and consider them to be (more or less - sometimes a lot less ) a fair system of dispute resolution. trials and courts go back thousands of years and are how people talk about these kinds of issues. so yes it’s not a criminal court but i think the metaphor works .

euphronius has issued a correction as of 18:46 on Aug 11, 2022