Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Enos Cabell posted:

Impulse bought those mini stroopwaffels that come in the individual serving size packs since they were on sale. Big mistake, they are pretty terrible. I'll ditch them in the breakroom at work.

We have 3/4 of them left in the pantry after about 4 months. They are ok but not great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Thanks for the info guys, AC+ it is :)

Would you say the $250 off the 16” m1 is worth getting now? I sincerely doubt I’d be gaining anything over what may be on the horizon

My personal laptop right now is a 2017 base model 13” my last work let me keep and it’s slow as gently caress. Current work laptop is a 2019 16” and it owns and I can’t imagine any laptop I get having a need to be faster for Photoshop and stuff haha

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Knot My President! posted:

Thanks for the info guys, AC+ it is :)

Would you say the $250 off the 16” m1 is worth getting now? I sincerely doubt I’d be gaining anything over what may be on the horizon

My personal laptop right now is a 2017 base model 13” my last work let me keep and it’s slow as gently caress. Current work laptop is a 2019 16” and it owns and I can’t imagine any laptop I get having a need to be faster for Photoshop and stuff haha

Even an MBA m1 would probably clown both your personal even your current work mac in a lot of tasks (my personal m1 air is a lot snappier in multitasking than my work 2019 16" with an i9,) so a base model m1 pro 16" is a great deal at $250 off. Yes, they might announce an m2 pro 16" by the end of year, but you're getting a huge leg up with anything in the m-series.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Well we know the M2 is coming eventually and most people are thinking early 2023.

The M1 is fantastic and yeah the M2 is better but the M1 is really really good

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Excellent-- thank you for the extra info and insight! The work laptop is a 16" i7 (versus your i9) so I can't even imagine how fast the M1 will be. Just placed an order, should be here next week :)

Super stoked :D

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

William Henry Hairytaint shops at Sam's Club

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa posted:

Heads up to anyone who drinks Premier Protein or a long list of other things! The list keeps getting expanded too.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...-301603639.html

Huh thanks for the heads up. I didn't even realize this. Guess I'll stick to Boost.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I’m leaving SA tomorrow for good I hope (I might return if another 9/11 new covid sized event hits, but hopefully not). Just wanted to say, this was my favorite thread in the entire forums. The recommendations, the deals. People arguing about how to properly dress a dog. Good job everyone.

And this is my last post. So I guess I can end it only one way.

PBUC

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Goodnight brave pube warrior

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

LionArcher posted:

I’m leaving SA tomorrow for good I hope (I might return if another 9/11 new covid sized event hits, but hopefully not). Just wanted to say, this was my favorite thread in the entire forums. The recommendations, the deals. People arguing about how to properly dress a dog. Good job everyone.

PBUC

u know u can just post less my guy

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Chinatown posted:

u know u can just post less my guy

he'll be back in 4 months when monkeypox hits new records

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

LionArcher posted:

PBUC

Before you leave ;
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4001406

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Ultraklystron posted:

Very much considering one of these from the 'co after running into some one riding it my neighborhood, and them saying they and their friends love it so far:

https://www.costco.ca/jetson-bolt-pro-folding-electric-bike-.product.100692129.html

These things are all over Southern California. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that I've seen ~100 of these on the road.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Goonspeed! :patriot:

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Goodpancakes posted:

These things are all over Southern California. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that I've seen ~100 of these on the road.

That's another good data point in it's corner. Thanks for the info.

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013

topenga posted:

They were probably talking about the WInix that goes on sale regularly.

https://www.costco.com/winix-true-hepa-4-stage-air-purifier-with-wi-fi-and-additional-filter.product.100662892.html

I have that one and a slightly larger one. They seem to work great. Nice and quiet. Vacuum the pre filter every couple of weeks if the room is really dusty, then swap or wash the charcoal filter every 3 months (or 6. or...when you remember to). Fart next to it to watch the color change and the fans angrily spin up (they also complain about cooking with alcohol. Uncivilized machines)

Thanks for the heads up on this. I've been wanting to grab one of these when they went on sale.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Today I was one of those lucky shoppers that spotted an erronously marked meat department item. Not a huge one, but chicken thighs were $1.29/lb instead of $3.99/lb. Couldn't buy more than a pack without being suspicious, because even at the checkout the cashier was like "hmmmm, and had to manually override". I hope one day i'm one of those lucky few that find lobster tails for $0.99/lb because someone marked them as mussels instead.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
picked up the lemon mini cakes a week or two ago (they're only mini by costco size so still probably 2 servings per cake) and they're pretty good. It's a six pack and they freeze well if you're worried about that, close to the frosting/cake ratio I prefer, good lemon flavor.

I won't judge if you eat a whole cake in one go though. I was tempted more than once.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

My 3 year old nephew is hugely into Monster Jam, so I had to snag these when I saw them. I'm sure he's going to have a blast watching me build them all myself

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Finally went to the 'co after maybe 6+ months. I picked up my $340 visa return. Spent $270 though. At the last second I remembered to put it on my card for the rewards and not use the cash they gave me.

I left with a 4 pack of pepper spray. I'm not sure why but it was there and WI has the strictest laws in the country regarding pepper spray so I grabbed it. :shrug:

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Finally went to the 'co after maybe 6+ months.

Mods????

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Yeah it's been pretty bad. I'm ashamed. :(

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Going to church tonight. Anyone need anything?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Going to church tonight. Anyone need anything?

Need some brie. and EGGS

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Need some brie. and EGGS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNyUALnj8V0

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Need some brie. and EGGS
i got a wheel of brie the other day. just good eating it on baguette with butter and/or jam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6A7VXqveC8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooNAffYSlpo

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
My Costo visa was compromised and I guess I'm not going into Costco until I get my new card. A fun note with that card is when they hot card the credit card, it also makes it stop working as a membership card.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

CitizenKain posted:

My Costo visa was compromised and I guess I'm not going into Costco until I get my new card. A fun note with that card is when they hot card the credit card, it also makes it stop working as a membership card.

May your excommunication be temporary and brief.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

CitizenKain posted:

Huh
That just happened to my mom a couple weeks ago

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I had an issue with my citi card scanning at the gas pump and they took care of me right then with a new membership card with a photo.

Two weeks later a new Citi card came with the new photo. Which is cool except this was like October 2020 during a road trip and I looked like hell!

deano
Sep 6, 2000

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
If you havent used bitchin sauce as a replacement for mayo on a sandwich hoo boy youre in for a treat

:discourse:

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

CitizenKain posted:

Not even the Costco app could come in clutch in a situation like this?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

So last week I bought this fan at Costco: https://costcofan.com/costco-woozoo-fan/

It's great and I decided I wanted another one, but when I went a couple days ago they didn't have any. Then I went onto the website and it's not there either. The page still comes up on search engines https://www.costco.com/woozoo-globe-multi-directional-5-speed-oscillating-fan-w-remote.product.100499225.html but the page isn't there.

Is this a thing that happens often? Items just vanishing? Do they ever come back?

MarcusSA posted:

Someone at work mentioned that Costco has pet insurance. Has anyone had any experience with it?

It's a discount from a pet insurance company called Figo. I got a quote for my 5 year old cat and it was more expensive than the Healthy Paws coverage I've had since I got him. That was the extent of my experience.

My experience with Healthy Paws has been great. Earlier this year my cat ate a string and had to get surgery. The total cost was $7000-$8000 and the insurance covered 90% of it.

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Aug 19, 2022

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

It’s a seasonal item, maybe next year.

Sam’s club still has them for $40

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

So last week I bought this fan at Costco: https://costcofan.com/costco-woozoo-fan/

It's great and I decided I wanted another one, but when I went a couple days ago they didn't have any. Then I went onto the website and it's not there either. The page still comes up on search engines https://www.costco.com/woozoo-globe-multi-directional-5-speed-oscillating-fan-w-remote.product.100499225.html but the page isn't there.

Is this a thing that happens often? Items just vanishing? Do they ever come back?

Yes and its terrible and stupid. They pull the URL for out of stock items rather than keeping them active and "out of stock". When they get more stock it will show up again.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I saw a bunch of those today. I was debating picking one up.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

strangehamster posted:

It’s a seasonal item, maybe next year.

Sam’s club still has them for $40

Nice, I see it. https://www.samsclub.com/p/woozoo-by-iris-usa-remote-controlled-oscillating-circulating-desktop-fan-black/P03004134?xid=plp_product_1. Looks like a slightly different model from what the button layout looks like but probably just as good.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I saw a bunch of those today. I was debating picking one up.

I really like it, much better than any $40 Vornado would have been. I'm just using it to create a gentle breeze though, not turning it on full blast.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
I picked up a woozoo last year on impulse. It sits at the end of my desk quietly doing its little figure-eight. My incredibly petty complaint is the beep when you turn it off is too long and too loud.

It’s such a stupid-clever name that somehow forces itself into conversation weekly. People in my house just wanna say “woozoo.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Shear Modulus posted:

Nice, I see it. https://www.samsclub.com/p/woozoo-by-iris-usa-remote-controlled-oscillating-circulating-desktop-fan-black/P03004134?xid=plp_product_1. Looks like a slightly different model from what the button layout looks like but probably just as good.

I really like it, much better than any $40 Vornado would have been. I'm just using it to create a gentle breeze though, not turning it on full blast.

The one I saw was set up and blowing. It was a white version and I saw you could make it pan horizontally or vertically. It was powerful for being so tiny. It was $30 here.