Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Danke Baerbok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

:getin:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Not like it matters much now. Their leverage was best months ago, now it's just aimless flailing.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

Antigravitas posted:

Not like it matters much now. Their leverage was best months ago, now it's just aimless flailing.

lol at this image op, extremely my poo poo

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Antigravitas posted:

Schade Marmalade

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Oepsi doepsi :shobon:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Torrannor posted:

I'm sure cinci zoo sniper could make this the new thread title, but it would probably break the forums even more than the one previous title, so...

Yeah I think this one would be firmly in “astral nothing personnels me” territory.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
da schauen wir ganz schön in die röhre

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Maybe this will teach us to stop relying on gas

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I think it's only fair if we continue to pay for the gas though. Those poor Russians have no control over sudden structural damage which threatens their livelihood. Let's show some solidarity!

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Sep 3, 2022

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Ganz schön wenig Gas heute

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

tuo posted:

Ganz schön wenig Gas heute

*pupst dröhnend*

Besser?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Lindner right now standing in front of Nord Stream 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTXpXesMcKE

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Grendels Dad posted:

*pupst dröhnend*

Besser?

Ja danke, gleich viel angenehmer

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Ok, now nuke NS1 from orbit so some rattling demented CDU skeleton won't think of using it again 10 years down the line

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Grendels Dad posted:

*pupst dröhnend*

Besser?

Please don't break wind. We need the wind intact for our electricity needs up here in the Real North.

Thanks to the Bavarians blocking transmission lines we even heat with electricity via a giant fuckoff boiler at the Stadtwerke, because it can't be exported.

GABA ghoul posted:

Ok, now nuke NS1 from orbit so some rattling demented CDU skeleton won't think of using it again 10 years down the line

10? Do you think there's going to be a repeat of the Ampel?

I say 3 years max,.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Yup, as soon as the war is over or deemed acceptable because "what can you do" they will be huffing Putins fumes again.

I mean what is the alternative? Solarzellen and Windräder everywhere? Think of our beautiful nature! You wouldn't be able to enjoy our trademark Fichtenmonokulturen and artenarme Getreideanbauflächen in piece anymore. And Frau Meyer who lives only 1 km away from it, would go nuts from the noise of the Windrad when she opens her window to gaze upon the Autobahn next to her house.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

New thread title contender

https://twitter.com/gwalkden/status/1565668213819596802

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I like your idea and I'm gonna let you finish but I would also like to suggest these two for thread title

https://twitter.com/HerrHilfreich/status/1562355250132140032?t=RjR3WryX3hJMFywOLKvdJw&s=19

https://twitter.com/MartinJende/status/1564129628456902657?t=TdAYK-flt1is3ZULqGPgjw&s=19

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Hopper posted:

Yup, as soon as the war is over or deemed acceptable because "what can you do" they will be huffing Putins fumes again.

I mean what is the alternative? Solarzellen and Windräder everywhere? Think of our beautiful nature! You wouldn't be able to enjoy our trademark Fichtenmonokulturen and artenarme Getreideanbauflächen in piece anymore. And Frau Meyer who lives only 1 km away from it, would go nuts from the noise of the Windrad when she opens her window to gaze upon the Autobahn next to her house.

Would be nice to have some AKW's, but alas, we have to keep strip mining ancient forests for the Braunkohle

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Well yes, because of those jobs.

10 000 jobs in mining are more important than the 100 000 jobs in wind and solar the CDU deliberately destroyed.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Antigravitas posted:

10 000 jobs in mining are more important than the 100 000 jobs in wind and solar the CDU deliberately destroyed.

My father was a Windmann

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Nothing against Solarzellen and Windräder, building out a non-fossil grid is a matter of survival for everything and everyone, but I'm still scratching my head in wonder where the moral difference between buying energy from Russia and buying energy from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is supposed to be coming from. Some heavy discount on Yemeni lives? Russian irredentism somehow being a more evil ideology than Wahhabism?
So why would resumption of trade relations in a diplomatic settlement be off the table?

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

genericnick posted:

Nothing against Solarzellen and Windräder, building out a non-fossil grid is a matter of survival for everything and everyone, but I'm still scratching my head in wonder where the moral difference between buying energy from Russia and buying energy from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is supposed to be coming from. Some heavy discount on Yemeni lives? Russian irredentism somehow being a more evil ideology than Wahhabism?
So why would resumption of trade relations in a diplomatic settlement be off the table?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

genericnick posted:

why do you even buy in? it's not a moral difference just because someone tells you it is, it's a material difference: the US empire has to get our surplus value, not the russian one

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

genericnick posted:

No offense and all that but you might have scratched too hard, done some damage

Gatac
Apr 22, 2008

Fifty Cent's next biopic.

genericnick posted:

Nicht nur mask off, sondern auch Lack ab. Bitte neues Gimmick.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

genericnick posted:

There's of course no moral difference, but a clear geopolitical/realpolitik difference. Saudi Arabia massacring and starving Yemenis has no security implications for us, Russia trying to annex Ukraine does.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

genericnick posted:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Honestly, this is kind off right. Especially since Saudi Arabia is actually buying Russian gas to make sure they have enough for internal consumption while also keeping their export margins.
In effect this just means that the gas is rerouted so we can pay Saudi Arabia extra for no real reason. Of course that's also a way worse deal for Russia, but it's not like refusing Russian gas will make them unable to sell any.

Edit: after checking my facts this might not be completely correct. This is mostly going on with regards to Russian and SA oil and fuel.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Sep 3, 2022

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Torrannor posted:

There's of course no moral difference, but a clear geopolitical/realpolitik difference. Saudi Arabia massacring and starving Yemenis has no security implications for us, Russia trying to annex Ukraine does.

Well, yes. Though I don't think precluding future trade makes sense even from a realpolitik standpoint. Unless Russia totally collapses you have to find some settlement and trade normalization is something you could put on the table.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

cant cook creole bream posted:

Honestly, this is kind off right. Especially since Saudi Arabia is actually buying Russian gas to make sure they have enough for internal consumption while also keeping their export margins.
In effect this just means that the gas is rerouted so we can pay Saudi Arabia extra for no real reason. Of course that's also a way worse deal for Russia, but it's not like refusing Russian gas will make them unable to sell any.

Edit: after checking my facts this might not be completely correct. This is mostly going on with regards to Russian and SA oil and fuel.

Also true, gas isn't that movable, but

quote:

China throws Europe an energy lifeline with LNG resales | Financial Times]The world’s largest buyer of liquefied natural gas is reselling some of its surplus LNG cargoes due to weak energy demand at home. This has provided the spot market with an ample supply that Europe has tapped, despite the higher prices.

As a result, Europe’s imports of LNG grew 60 per cent year on year in the first six months of 2022, according to research firm Kpler. The 53mn tonnes that the bloc purchased surpasses imports by China and Japan and has brought Europe’s gas-storage occupancy rate up to 77 per cent.

wonder where that came from?

Greader
Oct 11, 2012
Actually, now that the pipeline is empty, couldn't we repurpose it for the war effort?

Just imagine the size of a shell we could yeet through that motherfucker

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

https://youtu.be/wCm3ZZBae6I

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Antigravitas posted:

Fun fact: even after this there's now more people working in renewables than there ever was in the coal industry. Sorry Merkel, I know you tried your best.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

genericnick posted:

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

EeeeeeeenSikuMaaaaav

I'm sorry.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

i dont entirely understand this image but i love the vibe

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

nawilo_420 posted:

i dont entirely understand this image but i love the vibe

Sach ma haste Lack gesoffen odä was????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

GhostDog posted:

EeeeeeeenSikuMaaaaav

I'm sorry.

I loled. :golfclap: