Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

It's jongga time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

cosggo

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

The truffle Parmesan black pepper garlic seasoning.

I make an awesome popcorn with fresh parm and truffle oil and black pepper. I thought this would be acceptable for when I was being lazy.

It is absolutely not.

Ha, somehow I knew it was gonna be this stuff. I actually have a container of it in my spice rack and absolutely love it, but my wife finds it utterly revolting and I can't even use it around her. I figured it would be something polarizing like that.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

On sale, pbuc

We're gonna need a mini fridge

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

halokiller posted:

sorry fellow americans, the overseas costcos already beat us by having the superior bake

I've had this bulgogi bake! It's honestly solid. Unfortunately there's not much more in terms of JP Costco exclusives that I saw. I didn't go to the frozen section though.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Couldn't find that gyro meat that was mentioned up thread, but my usual Costco is on the small side and doesn't carry as much as others. Would like to have tried it though

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Smugworth posted:

We're gonna need a mini fridge

it says NO LIMIT

you're gonna need a bigger fridge

what's weird to me is at my Costco the base price is $6.99 and the sale is -1.50, for a total end price of $5.49. Absolutely zero of those numbers match duck's Costco at 6.89, -1.90, 4.99.

(yes of course I took a picture of the Jongga display)

Psion fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Sep 2, 2022

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

The Midniter posted:

Ha, somehow I knew it was gonna be this stuff. I actually have a container of it in my spice rack and absolutely love it, but my wife finds it utterly revolting and I can't even use it around her. I figured it would be something polarizing like that.

My wife and I both love truffle but I'm definitely in the camp that a little goes a long way and the truffle flavor in that cheese is not balanced right at all. She loves it but I hate it

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Going to Church tonight, I'll give the Jongga a try since it's on sale.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

skipdogg posted:

Blessed be

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit

skipdogg posted:

It's really good

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Just got back and despite it being Labor Day weekend and the forecast for Friday shopping being abysmal, it wasn't all that bad. Got in and out with 0 issues, only line was at the ticket check. I managed to find some Chili & Lime flavored almonds, and while they aren't the Sriracha almonds I was looking for, I think i'll end up liking them quite a bit. Only really picked up 1 item not on my list and that was some sugar-free Snapple teas because i'm a huge fan of Snapple teas. Hoping they are as refreshing on a hot summer day as I remember a cold, lemon or peach flavored Snapple Icea Tea being back in the day.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
Well there's a great sticker: https://twitter.com/rocco_botte/status/1565786036613140480

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

CzarChasm posted:

Are the jarred 505 chilis seasonal or regional? I don't know that I've ever seen them at my store (SE WI), and I don't get any matches looking online.

I found them at the Kenosha store.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

On sale, pbuc

zoomin' in to count the Gs.

[fake edit] Two (2) Gs. PBUC.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I think i found the sticker

https://www.methsyndicate.com/product/hot-dog-car

Sold out :rip:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

There's a local grocery store here that sells sandwiches and labels with a very general "MEAT" sticker.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

CzarChasm posted:

Are the jarred 505 chilis seasonal or regional? I don't know that I've ever seen them at my store (SE WI), and I don't get any matches looking online.

I like costco well enough, but product availability really messes with me.

I get the gyro meat because it's pretty good and makes a quick throw together dinner with leftovers for the week, but getting pita bread @ church is a real gamble. The brand is good, but just availability seems real hit and miss.

Whats wild is right now is peak season for getting fresh roasted green chilies here in Colorado. I might have to pick up a basket tomorrow.

The product availability thing is why I told my wife if you see a thing and you must have it then you get it right then. Don't sleep on it. Sometimes I buy something and then see it around for a couple months and other times it's gone by the next week.

If its something I like but can't justify buying then I stalk it until it goes on clearance, and in often relieved of having to buy it by missing it entirely.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

On sale, pbuc

And lo, he did say unto them “the expanded space makes fermentation better.” And it was good. PBUC.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

good sticker to slap on street signs n poo poo but im not putting that on my luggage since i dont want people to pry it open

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Chinatown posted:

good sticker to slap on street signs n poo poo but im not putting that on my luggage since i dont want people to pry it open

I don’t think people will actually think there is a dog and soda in there friend.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

MarcusSA posted:

I don’t think people will actually think there is a dog and soda in there friend.

if i see that on a car on smashing the window (discreetly)

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Maybe people will think it's the secret polish stash and be more likely to steal it?

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

MarcusSA posted:

I would 100% break into that suitcase looking for dogs

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Heading to church anyone need anything?

E: THEY HAVE JONGGA PRAISE BE

Seth Pecksniff fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Sep 3, 2022

Slip
Jan 20, 2001
I thought people were memeing on the jongga but it is legit good.

My costco just introduced touch screen kiosks for the food stand and I felt like a dumbfuck this morning when some old timer had to explain to me how it worked :)

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

You poke the hot dog and you get a hot dog

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

+ refill

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Ended up going to church this morning instead of last night. It was packed today.

Sadly Jongga was not on sale at my church. I paid 7.49 full price but I made sure it was authentic Jongga with 2 g’s.

Claussen pickles were on clearance though for 2.97, marked with the star so that made up for it.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

We don't have the supposedly amazing jongga kimchi at my store, the only kimchi ive found is Cosmos brand. its good but not "eat a whole jar at once" good like you guys are talking about

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Costco was selling these $13 painting kits. Couple of brushes, rollers, paint trays, you know the deal. I had most of that stuff already but I knew we'd be painting and can always do with more. Really I just wanted the painters tool since I didn't have one and got tired of my screwdrivers getting covered in paint from opening cans.

Wow folks. The brushes were legit. Far better than the more expensive ones I already had. Totally worth the money.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Slip posted:

I thought people were memeing on the jongga but it is legit good.

My costco just introduced touch screen kiosks for the food stand and I felt like a dumbfuck this morning when some old timer had to explain to me how it worked :)

smugworth is in a quantum superposition of both meme and absolutely serious about that kimchi so I understand the confusion

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Stopped by church today at 5:40pm just for a couple things. I like going right before close, but as I was walking out at 5:58pm, I saw people still going into the entrance.

I've never been "still shopping" when the store closes at 6, the worst I've ever been is "waiting in the checkout line" at 6. Do they start ushering people to the checkout lines once the store closes? Or is it "as long as you're in before the doors close at 6, take as long as you need (within reason)"?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Renegret posted:

Costco was selling these $13 painting kits. Couple of brushes, rollers, paint trays, you know the deal. I had most of that stuff already but I knew we'd be painting and can always do with more. Really I just wanted the painters tool since I didn't have one and got tired of my screwdrivers getting covered in paint from opening cans.

Wow folks. The brushes were legit. Far better than the more expensive ones I already had. Totally worth the money.

Next time you get a gallon of paint from your local paint shop ask for an opener. You can always use extra.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

OldSenileGuy posted:

Stopped by church today at 5:40pm just for a couple things. I like going right before close, but as I was walking out at 5:58pm, I saw people still going into the entrance.

At my local stores they usually shut the entry door like 15 minutes before the store closes. By that time, there's a cadre of red-vested customer service patrolmen that begin to usher people away from the back of the store and into the front. It's oddly like watching Highway Patrol swerve to slow traffic and also the Fortnite zone of death slowly advancing.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
:byodood: The signs says they're open until six that means I can waddle in at 5:59 and spend two hours perusing the wares! Where are my samples??

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit

Psion posted:

smugworth is in a quantum superposition of both meme and absolutely serious about that kimchi so I understand the confusion

if he were really committed his name would be smuggworth

with two gs

astral
Apr 26, 2004

If they were that committed, it would be "Jongga with two Gs"

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
it doesnt have a doubled consonant in korean either, which is the funny thing

consonants w doubling have a material phonetic difference, 까 is pronounced noticeably different from 가, and 종가 is a 가

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
they also left out "house", full logo says "종가집"