Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I picked (months ago) a great time Sun-Tue to go to Truckee for a few days of R&R. :( :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

The worst tier maroon color aqi starts at 301. Yeah, 500 is pretty bad

500 is the top of the scale on my weather app too, so it's probably higher :lol:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah I'm not kidding there's like 200, 300 foot max visibility in Placerville. And it's raining ash. It's loving thick smoke lol.

Pretty much the yellow evac zone is the North Fork of the American to the South Fork. almost half of which is red zone anyway.

Larry Parrish fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Sep 9, 2022

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Larry Parrish posted:

Yeah I'm not kidding there's like 200, 300 foot max visibility in Placerville. And it's raining ash. It's loving thick smoke lol.

Pretty much the yellow evac zone is the North Fork of the American to the South Fork. almost half of which is red zone anyway.

Is it possible to leave? That can't be healthy, even in doors.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jaxyon posted:

Is it possible to leave? That can't be healthy, even in doors.

oh yeah let me just not work.

anyway it cleared up a few hours later, now it's mostly high altitude again

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

500 AQI in Auburn, where my daughter has a soccer game tomorrow. Not far from the actual fire itself. And it still hasn't been canceled.
You shouldn't be breathing that without an n95 mask on, and absolutely should not be exercising in pea-soup thick smoke. Don't rely on authorities to protect you or your family, cause they don't actually give a gently caress if your daughter spends the next month hacking her lungs up.

Tacier posted:

When I was young and dumb I played an hour of tennis in 450AQI and had a cough for a year. Nobody should be playing any soccer.

Yeah, I jogged a few blocks in bad smoke a while back and it hosed me up for a bit.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the refugee camp at my house has multipled and I'm not happy about it lol

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

How many people you got and how many bathrooms

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kenning posted:

How many people you got and how many bathrooms

let's see... 5 adults and my 2 and a half year old niece normally, for 2 bathrooms. now we've got 2 of my sisters, two of their friends, my step-grandma, and their kids (so another 5 between 2 and 8), and today I discovered that the dumbass tweakers my idiot step-grandma let's live on her property have appeared and probably aren't leaving lol. so the finally tally is 12 adults and 6 kids. this house isn't even 1200 square feet lmfao. at least a bunch of people are sleeping in cars/tents/etc or it would be even more awful.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i forgot the 5 dogs and 4 cats as well

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Larry Parrish posted:

i forgot the 5 dogs and 4 cats as well

should have never trained them to use the toilets, that's on you

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Larry Parrish posted:

let's see... 5 adults and my 2 and a half year old niece normally, for 2 bathrooms. now we've got 2 of my sisters, two of their friends, my step-grandma, and their kids (so another 5 between 2 and 8), and today I discovered that the dumbass tweakers my idiot step-grandma let's live on her property have appeared and probably aren't leaving lol. so the finally tally is 12 adults and 6 kids. this house isn't even 1200 square feet lmfao. at least a bunch of people are sleeping in cars/tents/etc or it would be even more awful.

Vaya con dios my dude, do you have a weed fund or beer fund? I'd toss in to help mitigate the stress during all the everything.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
sat outside and drank beers in the rain today. beautiful

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kenning posted:

Vaya con dios my dude, do you have a weed fund or beer fund? I'd toss in to help mitigate the stress during all the everything.

my dad makes 250k a year we just live like this because he's a dipshit lol. don't worry about it. but i appreciate the thought. I'm about 5 trulies deep with my sister's rn and that's helping

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

my dad makes 250k a year we just live like this because he's a dipshit lol. don't worry about it. but i appreciate the thought. I'm about 5 trulies deep with my sister's rn and that's helping

i drank a few trulys last night love that poo poo

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
It rained here for just long enough to smell like wet pavement :3:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CPColin posted:

and all we have is ominous orange-red moonlight :( thank god no pyrocumuwhatver lightning yet, we got about half the county bunked up in diamond springs/Placerville, if it jumps the south ridge it might legitimately be a state wide emergency lol. we already got red cross spun up as it is

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I hope it really rains in LA so I can finally get my "2006-era having fun in rain without shoes set to Hillary Duff's iconic "Let the rain fall down" montage'

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

CPColin posted:

That’s all you ever want man

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Smoke Season loving sucks but oh my god we are done with that loving heat wave

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Tayter Swift posted:

High in Oakland is 69 today (nice) so we are all good.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tayter Swift posted:

It's actually hotter up here now

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Not too much rain down here in La Mesa/El Cajon yesterday. Out in the desert though

https://twitter.com/ReedTimmerAccu/status/1568320531417698304?t=ktAtIJr6wjuOIQ-aIieKbg&s=19

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

It took til 630am this morning to cancel my daughter’s soccer game in Auburn. Pretty ridiculous.

Meanwhile, my 2 older kids are a go for their XC meet in Folsom. Let’s hope those winds don’t pick up I guess.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
A video showing some of the flooding south of and around San Diego.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ-nsdeM_PI

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
how truly wonderful

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

that's Doctor Brain to you

FilthyImp posted:

I hope it really rains in LA so I can finally get my "2006-era having fun in rain without shoes set to Hillary Duff's iconic "Let the rain fall down" montage'

Thank you for bringing back memories of frat bros boogie boarding down the flooded gutters on Gayley Avenue at UCLA in the fall rains of 2004 or 2005.

Muir fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Sep 11, 2022

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Keyser_Soze posted:

I picked (months ago) a great time Sun-Tue to go to Truckee for a few days of R&R. :( :argh:

I got insanely lucky on Saturday because I was in Truckee and got some outdoor activity in 9am-3pm, before the smoke blew in and the "moderate" level went to unhealthy. as I drove out in the heavy smoke there was a bride and groom walking around with a photographer :/

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

I like how the Prop 27 ads have completely just dropped the "sports betting will solve homelessness" facade and are now going full "WOOHOO SPORTS BALL" shtick

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

115 degrees in Sonoma county over the last week. Had to deal with two power outages in my facility. Really glad I invested in a huge backup power network of batteries and Natural gas generators. While solar is great the effectiveness of it is questionable with my consumption level esp in a smoke event.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

115 degrees in Sonoma county over the last week. Had to deal with two power outages in my facility. Really glad I invested in a huge backup power network of batteries and Natural gas generators. While solar is great the effectiveness of it is questionable with my consumption level esp in a smoke event.

drat natural gas generators. that some enterprise grade level poo poo

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
this mf have he own power plant on site

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Its not natural gas, but you can buy 8-10 kWatt gasoline generators at Costco for $1000. It sounds impressive, but they aren't that big of a deal nowadays.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Based PG&E transforming the California grid into the distributed network of the future via 4d chess

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Remember in Dawn of the Dead when they find the shopping mall and one of the characters goes, "No wires. Could be nuclear."? We should do that.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
I heard that the mosquito fired was some pge transmission line.

in other news getting out of the central valley to Seattle the past week felt great, from feeling like I'd pass out whenever I'd step outside to getting out of the train and not feeling blazing heat anymore!

there are a few fires here though and the air quality is poo poo too though.

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.

Cross-Section posted:

I like how the Prop 27 ads have completely just dropped the "sports betting will solve homelessness" facade and are now going full "WOOHOO SPORTS BALL" shtick

They probably should have just done that from the beginning because practically nobody believes homelessness is solvable at this point.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Highbrow Slick posted:

They probably should have just done that from the beginning because practically nobody believes homelessness is solvable at this point.

you build dense social housing and get rid of all the laws currently preventing it. but it's never going to happen

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Celexi posted:

I heard that the mosquito fired was some pge transmission line.

absolutely nobody would be shocked if this is true lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Celexi posted:

you build dense social housing and get rid of all the laws currently preventing it. but it's never going to happen

homelessness is intentional. it is very carefully curated by capital as a cudgel to keep the working class in line. it is an overt threat.