Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

The way I have always understood it is that the bi in bisexual refers to both heterogenous and homogenous attraction, those being the other two common categories and which, importantly, include literally every form of attraction because "like myself" and "not like myself" are two sets that include every possible thing that exists.
It did originally mean "both sexes" but that's from the days when it was bi-hyphen-sexual and usually used by other people about us.

Nowadays "bi means two it is in the dictionary please don't look at other words in the dictionary like woman" is exclusively from LGBA types and the one bi person they found who's weird about trad gender roles for some reason.

e: 89 is like 69 but with 20 additional sexes invented entirely to spite Jordan Peterson and it owns

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Sep 16, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

This will be some real whiplash if you flip through the channels https://twitter.com/scottygb/status/1570724500408532992

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I mean there is a wide array of transphobic trans people, so it would track that there are at least some bisexuals who have decided that while norms of gender and sexuality don't apply to them in one specific way, the rest are all totally fine and don't need to be questioned

Tesseraction posted:

This will be some real whiplash if you flip through the channels https://twitter.com/scottygb/status/1570724500408532992

I didn't think anything could make me say this but I would prefer if they aired the funeral

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Lmao

https://twitter.com/Miss_Snuffy/status/1570733625468928001

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The emoji movie but all of the emojis are replaced with the crying emoji using ai technology.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

loving hell.
Those poor kids.

As if the Birdbrain wasn't enough...

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish
The kids ain't gonna be alright

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Incredible stuff https://twitter.com/_RichardParry_/status/1570706799975862272?t=prLhOq3kVIR3pok2BZpiRA&s=19

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Why bury her at all at that point? Put her in alton towers or something and have the respectinator 3000 as a permanent fixture.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Tesseraction posted:

Confusion broke out today as people tried to cancel Channel 5 by smashing their own TVs and phones.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

This has made my day :lol:

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

gently caress the gleeful racism amoungst the olds round here is astounding.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

That's a rough lineup of TV programs.

I mean Remi Malick was good in that movie, but the editing was all over the place.

Now that I think about it, is the Emoji Movie the only thing that's on that doesn't tacitally defend a nonce?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

The Question IRL posted:

Now that I think about it, is the Emoji Movie the only thing that's on that doesn't tacitally defend a nonce?

More likely its the cheapest thing they can put on knowing it will get 0 views on.
Or get the majority of views

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Can't be certain, but I think those bastards have scrapped the £400 for people most vulnerable. Anyone else know?

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Remembering on Diana funeral day channel 4 just played every episode of the secret world of Alex mac.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

Because bi means two and exactly two and if they're going to keep inventing all these new sexes then I'm constantly going to have to keep updating which two I pick instead of chilling the gently caress out and being attracted to whoever I'm attracted to.

Or we could admit that words don't always cleanly reflect reality, but still get used as a shorthand, like with bicarbonate. But they will never because of the

bit.

loony lefties are rewriting YOUR children's textbooks to say there's 37 carbonates

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

OwlFancier posted:

The way I have always understood it is that the bi in bisexual refers to both heterogenous and homogenous attraction, those being the other two common categories and which, importantly, include literally every form of attraction because "like myself" and "not like myself" are two sets that include every possible thing that exists. And that's why I still use the word, because the idea that it refers only to two very specific presentations is transparently stupid because even within the subset of men and women you have a wide variety of presentations and we don't use separate words for any of them.
We're actually in a transitional period where men are being subdivided, the most obvious replacement term being chad.

happyhippy posted:

More likely its the cheapest thing they can put on knowing it will get 0 views on.
Or get the majority of views
It kinda sounds like the Puppy Bowl except for funerals.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

keep punching joe posted:

Remembering on Diana funeral day channel 4 just played every episode of the secret world of Alex mac.

now that I would watch

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

"The queen has a lot more surface area than we give her credit for"

loving :lmao:

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Trickjaw posted:

Can't be certain, but I think those bastards have scrapped the £400 for people most vulnerable. Anyone else know?

Can't see anything?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Failed Imagineer posted:

"The queen has a lot more surface area than we give her credit for"

loving :lmao:

*slaps top of coffin*

This baby has surface area like you wouldn't believe.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Can't see anything?

The only official stuff is about the cold weather payment.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I look forward to the inevitable data leak of email addresses and subsequent lynching of people who said some variant of "gently caress off, I'm not watching that poo poo"

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

smellmycheese posted:

Beckham is in the queue, still vainly snuffling around for that knighthood.

https://twitter.com/NowThenSunshine/status/1570735271439912961

he's quarely lost his hair

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

That was great. I actually turned off fast-forward for large chunks of it.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

"She has won the Orwell award."

I bet she fuckin' has.

OwlFancier posted:

Generally I think the hysteria around the concept only treats trans men as "tragic lesbians who have been destroyed by the trans agenda" or whatever...
And conversely, seeing those who became women later as 'invaders' because, as crispix pointed out, the terfs never grew out of the bums & willies stage of development so they imagine lgbt+ identities are entirely about sex.

Ultimately it revolves around them thinking being born with a vagina makes you special and magic, please don't say it doesn't or you hate weemin. Entirely coincidental that the people saying this are the ones born with vaginas who get to keep their special magic status while also complaining about facts and science.

E: The more I think about it the more it feels similar to the arguments about gay marriage, i.e. "My special man-woman romance feels less special if we allow you lot in as well."

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Sep 16, 2022

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

OwlFancier posted:

Why bury her at all at that point? Put her in alton towers or something and have the respectinator 3000 as a permanent fixture.
We could use plastination and donate her to Madame Tussauds.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
this is a nasty, lovely country

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
people are going to die from cold and go hungry this winter and there'll be folk unable to put nappies on their bas' arses but this ridiculous, tacky poo poo is for some reason the most important thing in the world lol

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Pablo Bluth posted:

We could use plastination and donate her to Madame Tussauds.

Honestly if you wouldn't want to see Gunther Von Hagens doing a Skull Face anti-monarchy monologue while holding his hat on with one hand and winching the Queen's coffin up under a helicopter I don't know what to say.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I don't think you want to steal the genetics of the monarchy tbh, you can get early baldness and haemophilia from lots of places.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Bobby Deluxe posted:

E: The more I think about it the more it feels similar to the arguments about gay marriage, i.e. "My special man-woman romance feels less special if we allow you lot in as well."
If you want to be in LGBA club you have to phrase it the other way around. "Many gay people oppose same sex marriage because it is too heteronormative." (actual LGBA statement)

Every single one of their statements is something a homophobe would say but dressed up in gayface.

Today's is "gay children don't exist and conversion therapy bans may harm them".

Next week: Some gay men found it more exciting when there were buggery laws.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

This is the best thing to have come out of this ridiculous insanity

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Put a webcam in the Queen's box

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

The estimated queueing time is now over 24 hours. lol

People are going die in this queue. Also, where is everyone pissing and making GBS threads?

e: https://twitter.com/StuartBeveridge/status/1570666434967248896

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Sep 16, 2022

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I was going to mock up box art for Queue for the Queen Simulator 2022 but I'm going camping instead. If someone else can do it for when I get back that'd be great tia.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

fuctifino posted:

The estimated queueing time is now over 24 hours. lol

People are going die in this queue. Also, where is everyone pissing and making GBS threads?

e: https://twitter.com/StuartBeveridge/status/1570666434967248896

All the cafes and bars along the southbank are opening 24/7 as an act of remembrance*

*fleecing the poo poo out of morons with £8.99 lattes and no you can’t use the bogs unless you buy one

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Presumably at some point they'll have to station stewards at the end of the queue to stop new people joining otherwise it'll go on forever? Maybe the police will just arrest anyone still in the queue when it's time for the actual funeral to happen, charging them with not being patriotic enough to get there early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Presumably at some point they'll have to station stewards at the end of the queue to stop new people joining otherwise it'll go on forever? Maybe the police will just arrest anyone still in the queue when it's time for the actual funeral to happen, charging them with not being patriotic enough to get there early.

They've already shut the queue once and will do it again either at 6am Monday I think, or presumably before if it's too big again.

Also re: toilets. They've booked up all the portaloos cheap from all the events that had to cancel themselves due to the queen's death.