Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

You can tell the UK has the best democracy because we have the most frequent elections!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/stuwyatt/status/1576907467723636736?t=0NsCzEVK2arMVCgIRxGE1Q&s=19

I'm going to try and make this a daily thing. I've got a load of leaflets on their way to me from my clinic if any passerby is curious.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I guess I missed yesterday's story of a 21yo student pouring a jug of poo and piss over the Captain Tom memorial to...protest climate change? Idk seems like a strange approach but I like the enthusiasm

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

https://twitter.com/KateEMcCann/status/1576910596049895424

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Is he calling him a nonce?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

keep punching joe posted:

Is he calling him a nonce?

Bit of a tautology then

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Not sure which side should sue JRM for this libel.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Walking back a budget with a 'we hear u' like they'd announced an NFT collection

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Failed Imagineer posted:

I guess I missed yesterday's story of a 21yo student pouring a jug of poo and piss over the Captain Tom memorial to...protest climate change? Idk seems like a strange approach but I like the enthusiasm

Do I have it right that cap'n Tom is famous for walking round his garden a hundred times while being very old and the attempt going viral so he raised a lot of money for the NHS? While he hasn't exactly been deified he seemed to have a hugely elevated status.

Also with the energy costs as they are is it a good idea to get a smart meter?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Blasmeister posted:

Walking back a budget with a 'we hear u' like they'd announced an NFT collection

Which very much highlights how much they don’t hear the populace whenever they do anything else batshit stupid.

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
Have they clarified to whom exactly they’ve listened: Donors? Tory MPs? “The markets”? The general public?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Halisnacks posted:

Have they clarified to whom exactly they’ve listened: Donors? Tory MPs? “The markets”? The general public?

Actually I heard Kwasi talking earlier and he pretty much listed all of those in that order, except he said the "donor" part inside his mind only, and barely bothered tacking on the general public part at the end

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Blasmeister posted:

"We Hear You"

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The intent was to give the hard working people of the UK a sense of pride and accomplishment.

Scientastic posted:

They’re too dumb to have done this deliberately, aren’t they? No way they would hamstring the country for a week as a gambit to move the window on what the public would swallow if they took back the worst headline from the mini-budget…
It's astonishingly easy to get centrists to accept very bad things by proposing something nightmarish, letting everyone rant about it, and then retreating back to something merely bad and then the centrists applaud you for being sensible and compromising, without ever questioning why their lovely view of the countryside keeps moving.

Of course the bonus there is that sometimes the centrists don't complain and keith is so poo poo that it's possible, occasionally, to just brazen it out and then the nightmarish stuff just goes through and you move to stage 2, i.e. "well it's done now, nobody could have forseen this, better to move on, I'm vewwy sowwy" etc.

Barry Foster posted:

like that one time when he cheated on his wife who was suffering from cancer
It gets so much worse when you find out she had cervical cancer, likely meaning he dumped her the second they couldn't gently caress. He's absolute trash and not in the 'funny blonde man messy hair' sense.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

bessantj posted:

Do I have it right that cap'n Tom is famous for walking round his garden a hundred times while being very old and the attempt going viral so he raised a lot of money for the NHS? While he hasn't exactly been deified he seemed to have a hugely elevated status.

And then his grifter family took him with them on a free foreign holiday as a publicity stunt from some company, during the height of COVID, on which surprise surprise the very old guy caught COVID and died of it. Then said grifter family set up a charity in his name selling Captain Tom branded gin and stuff which is being investigated for massive fraud.

Lord knows what he's thinking about it if the afterlife exists.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

"They route their water pipes on the outside of the building!", that sort of thing. It's plain weird
I've honestly never seen that outside of very badly retrofitted non-residential buildings, unless you mean waste and soil stacks, in which case outside has advantages.

There's regs going back to the 1890s that say that potable water pipes have to be a minimum distance below ground and enter inside the property, like

and if you're doing it differently (e.g. cold going in to a first floor apartment) you're supposed to use something like insuduct to run it up the wall like

or bring it indoors with a groundbreaker or similar.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

It gets so much worse when you find out she had cervical cancer, likely meaning he dumped her the second they couldn't gently caress.
He should have asked Prince William for advice. (he is trash tho)

feedmegin posted:

"Who gave these Burmese kids pitchforks?"

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I met up with a shop owner who I hadn't seen for ages. It turned out they suffered from acute chronic pain issues, and had pretty much exhausted most NHS options. They were completely unaware that legal medicinal cannabis was an actual thing, and are probably already in the process of applying.

The owner of the music shop is 100% ok with me vaping at the table outside his place, and even suggested setting up a pop-up 'ask me about legal medicinal cannabis' booth while I drink coffee and vape. :420:

ANYTHING YOU SOW
Nov 7, 2009

feedmegin posted:

And then his grifter family took him with them on a free foreign holiday as a publicity stunt from some company, during the height of COVID, on which surprise surprise the very old guy caught COVID and died of it. Then said grifter family set up a charity in his name selling Captain Tom branded gin and stuff which is being investigated for massive fraud.

The best bit is it wasn't anything to do with charity at the start, just his son in law offering a pound for each lap.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

ANYTHING YOU SOW posted:

The best bit is it wasn't anything to do with charity at the start, just his son in law offering a pound for each lap.

What a dickhead.

Going to pay my decrepit grandad a pound a lap for going round the garden for no reason.

Biggus Dickus
May 18, 2005

Roadies know where to focus the spotlight.

feedmegin posted:

9 here for a large cod, east London supremacy. I've always been a saveloy man myself anyway, though.

£8 for a large haddock & chips here. At least it was a few months ago. Who knows now?

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016

Well, BBC, in your cowardice, fecklessness, greed and incompetence you cheerfully went along with monstering the other guy, so while you have the chance, maybe stand for something next time, eh? Just a thought.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

fuctifino posted:

I met up with a shop owner who I hadn't seen for ages. It turned out they suffered from acute chronic pain issues, and had pretty much exhausted most NHS options. They were completely unaware that legal medicinal cannabis was an actual thing, and are probably already in the process of applying.

The owner of the music shop is 100% ok with me vaping at the table outside his place, and even suggested setting up a pop-up 'ask me about legal medicinal cannabis' booth while I drink coffee and vape. :420:

are you on commission or something

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

keep punching joe posted:

What a dickhead.

Going to pay my decrepit grandad a pound a lap for going round the garden for no reason.

Oh no there was a reason.

It was during the height of lockdown and the family were sick of being around granddad. So suggested he go around the garden so they didn't have to deal with him for a while.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

kecske posted:

Lol, I wish. I take great pleasure in doing stuff like this. I know the difference :420: can make in peoples lives, and I love being the catalyst into making that difference.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

BUT THEIR BIG SCREEN TELLIES NORMAN

https://twitter.com/AlStewartOBE/status/1576655775698923521?t=tWCee02CAoFGBhJAvw142g&s=19

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

OwlFancier posted:

See this is why everyone should be forced to play, I dunno, some minecraft, or ideally a colony management game, to give them an instinctive desire to max out efficiency and plan ahead.

Growing up poor used to be good for that, but apparently these days the ideal is "making sure the poor don't have any resources to manage full stop gently caress 'em".

Guavanaut posted:

And usually the 'tradition' is some recent low quality thing made necessary by the war rather than an actual tradition. Or from Victorian urbanization at the earliest. But inertia it has.

https://twitter.com/gayle_writing/status/1576854168228098048

Or some random thing the Mail/Expressocracy have seized on as A Marker Of Britishness. (Eg passport colours.)

OwlFancier posted:

You have been reading these threads for how long and have still not come to the conclusion that there is a significant cohort of british society that is monumentally loving stupid and will not under any circumstances accept that they are wrong about anything ever?

Monumentally loving stupid and spiteful. But in this case it seems to be... I guess "complacency" is the word I'm looking for. "Ha ha how bad can things get, we're British after all, we muddle through ha ha!"

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

kecske posted:

tbf I'd also tell as many people as possible if I was on it via legal channels

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Runcible Cat posted:

Monumentally loving stupid and spiteful. But in this case it seems to be... I guess "complacency" is the word I'm looking for. "Ha ha how bad can things get, we're British after all, we muddle through ha ha!"

Followed by: "...I didn't think the leopards would make me muddle through!"

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Can't wait for the GCs to find out about this one.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

This reads precisely like an excerpt from Jordan Peepersons doctoral thesis

fuctifino posted:

Lol, I wish. I take great pleasure in doing stuff like this. I know the difference :420: can make in peoples lives, and I love being the catalyst into making that difference.

look forward to the day when you and Camrath can collab on a legal weed fudge

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013
Hail Satan, t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

It's almost like internet access is an essential need in order to function in modern society :thunkher:

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Rarity posted:

It's almost like internet access is an essential need in order to function in modern society :thunkher:

NOT IN MY DAY AND MY DAY IS THE ONLY ONE THAT COUNTS AND IT IS STILL MY DAY

(cos I'm an auld boomer fuckwit)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Rarity posted:

It's almost like Alastair Stewart is a sad out of touch old man, closer to the grave than doing anything meaningful

Lol of course he works for GB News

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Oct 3, 2022

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's a shame that Alastair Stewart seems to have phone & laptops to tweet on

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/Njpadmore1/status/1576945555246194689

Wow, guess this guy's still online

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Guavanaut posted:

I knew there must be some reason I have such an affinity for those things.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

It's a shame that Alastair Stewart seems to have phone & laptops to tweet on

Gentle reminder that this man lost his Police, Camera, Action job after drunkenly smashing his Mercedes into a telegraph pole

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

The Question IRL posted:

Oh no there was a reason.

It was during the height of lockdown and the family were sick of being around granddad. So suggested he go around the garden so they didn't have to deal with him for a while.

Christ - they sent him off to find the magic money tree and he found it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/SoozUK/status/1576926920973094917