Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Watching "Chain of Command, Part 2" and suddenly wondering if LaForge (and every other pilot on the ship) was trolling the poo poo out of Jellico when he said Riker was the best pilot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
The best pilot on the ship is 1000% Data.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Eimi posted:

That Picard s3 trailer was just an absolute nightmare. I can't say I ever expected it to be good but I didn't think worse than s2 was in the cards but here we are. The only good thing is a live action Odyssey and I'm sure their designers are going to gently caress up the interior of that if we even see it.

I expect if we see the interior it'll just be a redress of the Stargazer/Titan bridge.

(Which is a pity, the new interior they made for STO is surprisingly good, burgandy carpets and nice stylish smooth curves.)

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit
I just realized that tribbles don't poop. There were tribbles all over the Enterprise but nobody complained about the poop.

Kurzon fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Oct 9, 2022

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 6 days!)

MillennialVulcan posted:

The best pilot on the ship is 1000% Data.

don't you realise he lacks intuition. you can't calculate your way out of every ion storm, data. sometimes you've gotta go with your gut. but data does not have a gut.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Kurzon posted:

I just realized that tribbles don't poop. There were tribbles all over the Enterprise but nobody complained about the poop.

They poop out babies

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Yeah isn't the idea that they are like, 100% efficient at turning YOUR food into THEIR babies?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/GrahamStarr/status/1578935093829455873?t=SIHTCocDjkdSXXjW-KidwQ&s=19

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
That's a good piece from Shatner, tbh. It's not complete doom and gloom, despite how the quote in the tweet may seem.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

The Chairman posted:

just got to the voyager episode that opens on a closeup of Neelix's feet

I don't want to look but is Neelix on Wikifeet?

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 6 days!)

yeah that's very nice stuff. kind of makes me want to read the book it's from, although i have no idea what the rest of it is about.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Kurzon posted:

Star Trek takes place in a parallel universe where nobody poops.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

A dire planet whose culture is based around a copy of "Everybody Poops" left by a Federation preschool frigate.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
lots of waste extraction mentions on ds9

and by lots i mean vaguely remembering quark referencing it as some sort of making GBS threads himself joke one time

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Star Trek takes place in a parallel universe where nobody poops.

There's literally a joke in First Contact calling out how nobody in Star Trek pisses or shits.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

https://twitter.com/Marina_Sirtis/status/1578957336420691969?s=20&t=bNQyvmDvxduxtnk-KFKdKA

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/NoContextTrek/status/1579120246337974273

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Cross posting here, I trained an AI model on Studio Ghibli and used it on Worf.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Cross posting here, I trained an AI model on Studio Ghibli and used it on Worf.

Beautiful.

Except the sash. It looks like it couldn't figure that out and just decided to give him a spotted scarf

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

nine-gear crow posted:

There's literally a joke in First Contact calling out how nobody in Star Trek pisses or shits.

The joke isn't that Geordi doesn't piss, it's that he doesn't know the colloquialism "take a leak"

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

What is going on in the background?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Rick Berman?

More like Rank Bunglerman

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

evilmiera posted:

Beautiful.

Except the sash. It looks like it couldn't figure that out and just decided to give him a spotted scarf

Yeah, I found it funny so I left it as is instead of bothering to fix the prompt.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Arglebargle III posted:

What is going on in the background?

If Worf wants to hang out in a diner booth, there's nothing wrong with that.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Lots of people who have been to space say it changes them. All our petty squabbling seems suddenly very insignificant.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

The_Doctor posted:

Lots of people who have been to space say it changes them. All our petty squabbling seems suddenly very insignificant.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe....

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Mister Kingdom posted:

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe....

Where I went, I didn't need eyes to see.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
…all on this pale blue dot.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Space...

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
the final

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
butt

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Good thing we're all poets here.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

And they have a Plan.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Now watching "The Naked Time." Star Trek is the most cringingly horny show I've ever seen

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Didn't watch the trailer but did they get now 76 year old Daniel Davis to reprise as Moriarty?

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
They sure did!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ah, I'm sure there's a perfectly plausible explanation as to why the immortal hologram is aging himself

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

That's easy enough to explain away since it was supposed to be an illusion that would fool him into thinking he became a real human and left the holodeck, they would have had to add an aging algorithm so as to not arouse suspicion.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Halloween Jack posted:

Now watching "The Naked Time." Star Trek is the most cringingly horny show I've ever seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReOw_2f4lpY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

zoux posted:

Didn't watch the trailer but did they get now 76 year old Daniel Davis to reprise as Moriarty?

Reprising Moriarty is a cool idea since he's probably the closest thing TNG got to have to a good nemesis, but from what I hear, Picard basically botches every good idea that gets brought in.