Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Deshaun Watson about to demand a trade.

Edit: what an awful page snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

wandler20 posted:

Deshaun Watson about to demand a trade.

Edit: what an awful page snipe

Is this deja Vu because I’m pretty sure someone made the exact same joke yesterday

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Amy Pole Her posted:

Is this deja Vu because I’m pretty sure someone made the exact same joke yesterday

Probably, it's a pretty obvious joke to make.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Like in this thread, even. drat dolphins jets post - loss weed has my days blending together like a weird thc shatter induced nightmare

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Amy Pole Her posted:

Like in this thread, even. drat dolphins jets post - loss weed has my days blending together like a weird thc shatter induced nightmare

Looks like it was posted in the aftermath thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4014230&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=11#post526857425

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
So how long until the Rams trade for CMC?

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Cmc's contract is an albatross. He won't be traded unless the panthers eat a significant portion of it

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Alaois posted:

he could probably start for the Panthers right now

He may!

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Why the hell isn’t Bills vs Chiefs on prime time that’s the best game of the whole regular season

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

There's 6 teams that are good on both offense and defense, the three you'd expect, the 49ers then... the Jaguars and Pats?

The clusters are also pretty great, Panthers, Colts and Rams is just a hilarious trio.

And the Lions are so bad on defense that opposing offenses are Mahomes against them.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Can't wait to see which QB the panthers bring in that wasn't good enough to take a spot from PJ Walker

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
How did Rhule get a 7-yr deal to begin with?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Papercut posted:

My understanding of it was he had flown up the coaching ranks and was seen as one of those hotshot offensive minds taking the world by storm like Sean McVay for what he did at Baylor, so his agent was able to cash in on the desperation.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Papercut posted:

over enthusiastic first time owner

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Kalli posted:

My understanding of it was he had flown up the coaching ranks and was seen as one of those hotshot offensive minds taking the world by storm like Sean McVay for what he did at Baylor, so his agent was able to cash in on the desperation.

Yea, he was very in demand based on what he managed at temple and Baylor.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

I’m not crazy thank god thank you.

Good lord did I get stoned after that game. loving football 😡

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Wonder if they’d insist on actual compensation or just dump his contract.

https://twitter.com/michaelbalkojr/status/1579536508163620865?s=46&t=n5YWm5qi47-rNqkzEVJ1hQ

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

I don't think anyone will give up anything of value because the contract is so expensive and no way to really get out of it.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

https://twitter.com/michaelbalkojr/status/1579536508163620865?s=46&t=n5YWm5qi47-rNqkzEVJ1hQ

Does this guy have connections?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Did I miss something with CMC? Did he demand a trade, or are the Panthers on the verge of burning it all down?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Kalli posted:

There's 6 teams that are good on both offense and defense, the three you'd expect, the 49ers then... the Jaguars and Pats?

The clusters are also pretty great, Panthers, Colts and Rams is just a hilarious trio.

And the Lions are so bad on defense that opposing offenses are Mahomes against them.

Where did you get this graph?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

wandler20 posted:

I don't think anyone will give up anything of value because the contract is so expensive and no way to really get out of it.

If he's traded, the Panthers eat all that prorated money as the dead cap hit, so the trading team only is paying him $1m for the year, then has 3 years at $12m that's not guaranteed, and lol he's not seeing a penny of that.

So I guess if you're the Bills and you're so win now that you go this is your chance, sure you could throw a day 3 pick at the Panthers for the shiny.

That said, that return sucks so bad that the Panthers probably go, let's give the fans *something* to cheer for.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Where did you get this graph?

One of the PFF dinks quoting Benbbaldwin's site.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

wandler20 posted:

Oh my gosh that’s many more years, even if some of them are dummy years

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Did I miss something with CMC? Did he demand a trade, or are the Panthers on the verge of burning it all down?

Probably assuming a firesale

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
If fire sale then please Burns come

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Kalli posted:

Doug Pederson is a very good coach and it would not surprise me to see the Jaguars doing good poo poo in the coming years.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Pron on VHS posted:

If fire sale then please Burns come

Burns would cost a lot.

I’m torn on him. He’s in a terrible system and still producing well, but not what you’d expect for what he’s going to want contract wise. Who knows how he’d do with actual coaching and game planning.

But man alive he’s weak against the run, misses tons of sacks due to size, and I have concerns about his durability moving forward.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Toaster Beef posted:

Doug Pederson is a very good coach and it would not surprise me to see the Jaguars doing good poo poo in the coming years.

His end in Philly was so weird, sticking with that version of Wentz forever and obviously the final game where we gotta figure out if we have anything in Nate Sudfeld. Especially if Hurts turns out to be pretty good.

I mean I mostly agree he's a very good coach but whew Philly was kinda right to fire him with how he handled all of that it seems.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ngreenberg/status/1579555778553204736

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/danfetes/status/1579563863682732032

wowee

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat
I hope next week the N/V thread title is "No Rhules in the NFL"

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Kalli posted:

The Jaguars and Lawrence are so weird because outside of 2 blowout wins against what we now know are a bad Colts team the Chargers with a severely injured Justin Herbert, they've mostly been putrid.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1579562914326884352

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Diva Cupcake posted:

The Jaguars and Lawrence are so weird because outside of 2 blowout wins against what we now know are a bad Colts team the Chargers with a severely injured Justin Herbert, they've mostly been putrid.

i'd call it 2 good games, 2 bad games, and 1 bizarre game (the commanders opener)

I think they're a mediocre team but definitely not good enough to overcome when they poo poo out turnovers like they did the last two games

nonetheless I am still on the Jags to the playoffs bus

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

:(

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Toaster Beef posted:

Are the jags getting rid of their poo poo GM? Or does he get to stay?

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Grittybeard posted:

His end in Philly was so weird, sticking with that version of Wentz forever and obviously the final game where we gotta figure out if we have anything in Nate Sudfeld. Especially if Hurts turns out to be pretty good.

I mean I mostly agree he's a very good coach but whew Philly was kinda right to fire him with how he handled all of that it seems.

I 100% believe that the whole Nate Sudfeld was the front office demanding it because they wanted to lose and get a better draft pick.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Are the jags getting rid of their poo poo GM? Or does he get to stay?
Baalke gets to stay and take credit for Pedersen being a wizard.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

logger posted:

I hope next week the N/V thread title is "No Rhules in the NFL"

"Rhules are for suckers!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

Grittybeard posted:

It was even weirder than that. By all accounts, once the season ended his job was safe, and I think the majority of fans supported him. But promoting Press Taylor from QB coach to offensive coordinator was apparently a hill that he was prepared to be fired on - and given how Taylor oversaw Wentz's downturn and couldn't coach him that was a really dumb hill to pick.