Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

floppyspud posted:

Fraternity is gonna give them deklein after they win the war against BTC... which they will surely do. Also now their space is owned by some Chinese panfam alliance, basically that stupid mango alliance that tried to fold 2000 people into goons after announcing exactly what theyre doing without anyone realising.

Ashes to ashes, testagram to testagram.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Don't worry guys frt is fonna make all their eutz FCs not poo poo and stop feeding dreads and just get out all their titans and super... they're gonna win the war just like they did in venal... (feeding 800 billion and calling in half the game to help them and it does nothing)

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Feliday Melody posted:

Is this a slow decline thing or did something happen recently?

They’ve been shedding members since mid-2021. The loss of sov occurred when they announced a deployment to support Frat against Brave and people immediately started burning their poo poo down behind them. TEST was unable/unwilling to defend so it was lost or torn down.

Frat gave them a couch to crash on but TEST doesn’t own the couch, blanket or pillow. Their main active corp is Dreddit. There’s about 100 chars active and they can field a fleet of 20ish generally.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Once they lose TTT income test will fold.

Good riddance.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

floppyspud posted:

Once they lose TTT income test will fold.

Good riddance.

Isn’t TTT their project? I remember something about the keys being handed over, but can’t they just refuse to make changes to the payout?

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

salartarium posted:

Isn’t TTT their project? I remember something about the keys being handed over, but can’t they just refuse to make changes to the payout?

It probably is theres, I don't know. But I feel that horde and goons are both gonna start eyeing tests share.

I mean they aren't using it for anything other than the directors wallets and maybe some "gifts" to fraternity (though that's just a conspiracy) and maybe the pay amounts were written in stone and test is gonna keep their share... but I hope they lose it. Also has anyone noticed the amount of people saying "if everyone bands together, we can destroy TTT and save eve" like it isn't owned by the two largest blocs in the game? very annoying. It's always been a thing, but it's getting more and more common.

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

floppyspud posted:

It probably is theres, I don't know. But I feel that horde and goons are both gonna start eyeing tests share.

I mean they aren't using it for anything other than the directors wallets and maybe some "gifts" to fraternity (though that's just a conspiracy) and maybe the pay amounts were written in stone and test is gonna keep their share... but I hope they lose it. Also has anyone noticed the amount of people saying "if everyone bands together, we can destroy TTT and save eve" like it isn't owned by the two largest blocs in the game? very annoying. It's always been a thing, but it's getting more and more common.

it's very funny because it's 1. not the problem with eve, 2. not going to happen because no one except me wants to sit in highsec for multiple 20 hour tidi fights over a keepstar armour and hull timer on the busiest node

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I was there in a Nyx when it kicked off, though I was actually playing Civ 4 when the first pings went out. I then stayed up until 3am UK in my Nyx not being able to shoot anything because I believe supercarriers were being used as a screen against a dreadbomb. I docked in Big's Disco Palace, went to bed, woke up at 8am, logged into jabber to find the battle still going on and that supers were now allowed to shoot things. In the end, I got on five or six titan kills, and in exchange for all of my T2 heavy fighters getting nuked

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

it sucked rear end

like almost every Great Fight In Eve, it's much better to read about than to have actually experienced

the duality of man

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Is that still not fixed? I remember that being an issue like, at least 10-15 years ago.

(and then looking over the leaked source code and its pretty much "Hey its right here, why cant CCP find it? Half the user base probably knows where it is")

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

psilocybin laden posted:

it's very funny because it's 1. not the problem with eve, 2. not going to happen because no one except me wants to sit in highsec for multiple 20 hour tidi fights over a keepstar armour and hull timer on the busiest node

One time someone said TTT is why new players wont stay becayse all the newbies come in and then they see TTT and quit because of how much money the blocs are making from it or some poo poo??? I don't even know it's just so dumb.

Also the people saying that the magic 14 was gatekeepers new players from playing and should be removed LMFAO. Some people are just so weird...

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

What is TTT? Asking for ny uninformed lurker friend who never posts.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

DisgracelandUSA posted:

What is TTT? Asking for ny uninformed lurker friend who never posts.

Tranquility Trading Tower is a keepstar citadel in Perimeter that's co-owned by three alliances: GSF, Horde, and TEST. Everyone gets a split of all the fees the station generates from people buying and selling PLEX/Injectors there.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Didn't GSF only get cut in because they made vague threats to roll an army of alpha clones to run feroxes into it until it blew up?

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

floppyspud posted:

One time someone said TTT is why new players wont stay becayse all the newbies come in and then they see TTT and quit because of how much money the blocs are making from it or some poo poo??? I don't even know it's just so dumb.

Also the people saying that the magic 14 was gatekeepers new players from playing and should be removed LMFAO. Some people are just so weird...

lmao TTT is entirely irrelevant to new player retention

The magic 14 is fine. like, obviously if your new player orientation consists of "do this remap, queue the magic 14 to 5, gently caress off and come back in six months when it's done PS it's also going to use almost all of your alpha trainable SP so you still won't actually get to fly anything when you finish" then yeah that's stupid and gatekeepy, but the concept of universally applicable fitting skills is fine and a new player orientation that explains fitting skills and why they matter and a training plan that interleaves important magic14 milestones with some actually fun alpha-flyable fits is a better way to address it. If they were removed I wouldn't exactly be sad but the existence of the skills themselves isn't the thing that's hurting new player retention lol

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Didn't GSF only get cut in because they made vague threats to roll an army of alpha clones to run feroxes into it until it blew up?

If that's the case, it fits the explanation I've seen in various threads about how just about every major power that can realistically threaten TTT gets a cut of the profit.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

hailthefish posted:

lmao TTT is entirely irrelevant to new player retention

The magic 14 is fine. like, obviously if your new player orientation consists of "do this remap, queue the magic 14 to 5, gently caress off and come back in six months when it's done PS it's also going to use almost all of your alpha trainable SP so you still won't actually get to fly anything when you finish" then yeah that's stupid and gatekeepy, but the concept of universally applicable fitting skills is fine and a new player orientation that explains fitting skills and why they matter and a training plan that interleaves important magic14 milestones with some actually fun alpha-flyable fits is a better way to address it. If they were removed I wouldn't exactly be sad but the existence of the skills themselves isn't the thing that's hurting new player retention lol

yeah they are important eventually but as a newbie you can easily pilot a dictor or covops or interceptor tackle or other t2 fun/useful thing suboptimally for a little bit. like yeah maybe dont fly a 2bil officer fit t3c without them but I don't think it matters that your fleet dictor aligned 1s slower and used a little extra cap on warp or whatever if it means newbies feel more rewarded/excited.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
You can just not use Jita

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

I don’t think it was that vague. We have a huge fuckoff pile of feroxes in highsec that exist solely for that purpose.

They did renegotiate the percentages after the war. I don’t know the new percentages but I’m fairly certain frat was dealt in and the majority of their payout came from test’s share.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I know we were all encouraged to skill alpha alts into feroxes, but I didn't know if someone had run the numbers to see what sort of critical mass would be needed to actually put the thing into reinforcement

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Potato Salad posted:

..... they lost almost 80 timers in three days?

That was back in August, when the FRAT-vs-BRAVE war was heating up. FRAT yanked TEST's chain and told them to do a full deploy to Pure Blind to assist with the war, with a promise that they'd get Deklein and Fade as new homes if the war concluded in FRAT's favor.

(This should sound really familiar to Beeitnam vets.)

Of course, the minute TEST moved out of Outer Passage and into the staging grounds in Pure Blind, their home poo poo started getting hit by the locals. They decided to abandon it and transfer the IHubs to Pandemic Horde, and commit fully to Pure Blind. Which, needless to say, hasn't gone well -- BRAVE et al have been able to win the battles they can, and timezone-tank their way out of the battles they can't.

(This should ALSO sound really familiar to Beeitnam vets.)

TLDR: London Calling Lowsec Calling, to the faraway clowns.

I know we were all encouraged to skill alpha alts into feroxes, but I didn't know if someone had run the numbers to see what sort of critical mass would be needed to actually put the thing into reinforcement

Oh, the numbers were ran. There's enough Feroxes there to comfortably get it done even in max TiDi with heavy losses to defenders + random shmucks.

(The question is if there's enough pilots -- with the PCU where it is, I'm not sure if any entity in Eve could put enough pods in those idle ships to get it done. Even when Goons were at their full strength post-Beeitnam, the sheer amount of HP + TiDi would have made killing the TTT an all-day, multi-timezone affair.)

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Malletfleet is for home defense. INIT used it successfully to deal with BIGAB when INIT was deployed down south recently. I think they might call it ghost fleet but it’s the same idea: alpha clones that sit in home region staging to deal with threats but don’t force you to JC back and forth

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

hailthefish posted:

a new player orientation that explains fitting skills and why they matter and a training plan that interleaves important magic14 milestones with some actually fun alpha-flyable fits is a better way to address it.

This is what we do in Goosefleet and it's pretty great at getting newbees to stick around. We get them into a Kikimora for Wolf Rayet fleets and some other stuff for PvP.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

kikis are the funnest thing to fly in this game

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

kikis are the funnest thing to fly in this game

They really are, and they're so versatile!

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

CCP added C-Type crystals to "offensively mine out the enemies resources lololol" but if there are no rorquals left then how are the enemies supposed ro get those resources?

Kikis are the offensive miners that we didn't know we wanted.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
:honk:
https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1580405114912657408?s=20&t=unmlV49w0lxRdLq-WTqRjw

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

floppyspud posted:

CCP added C-Type crystals to "offensively mine out the enemies resources lololol" but if there are no rorquals left then how are the enemies supposed ro get those resources?

Kikis are the offensive miners that we didn't know we wanted.

The best use of C-type crystals to mine out your own belts of poo poo ore so they refresh at downtime, though I am sure some enterprising miners that have to harvest the poo poo ores before they can mine the good ones would use the c-types to thin out belts/anoms to get to the good poo poo quicker

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WorkerThread posted:

it's v funny because you kicked him for it, op

dem goose eggs didnt fall very far from de goonswarm tree lol

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
Looks like Globby finally thread banned and andromache is still being a disgrace of a leader, whether by army or corporate standards. The more things change the more they stay the same. Ayy lmao.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IsSpAOD6K8

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
Andromache what variant of POG piece of poo poo were you in uniform? I refuse to believe you served a day in combat arms. I don’t think they breed cowardice there.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

hey alright

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Apparently, Red Menace took the goonswarm change in leadership incredibly badly.

I have permission to post these from the person who took them.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Isn't that the jackass who got appointed leader of his alliance and then immediately started liquidating everything for personal profit?

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

:eyepop:

"cool, but this isn't russia" lmao

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Feliday Melody posted:

Apparently, Red Menace took the goonswarm change in leadership incredibly badly.

:eyepoop:

Boy howdy is it weird how people want to insist that free speech includes a right to discriminate.

I'm sure there's nothing to that.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

Isn't that the jackass who got appointed leader of his alliance and then immediately started liquidating everything for personal profit?

yes dodger is a well known RMTer

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Feliday Melody posted:

I have permission to post these from the person who took them.

(Images)

This game really brings out the best in people. :)

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

TheWeedNumber posted:

Andromache what variant of POG piece of poo poo were you in uniform? I refuse to believe you served a day in combat arms. I don’t think they breed cowardice there.

I dont know wtf is wrong with you irl, maybe the doctor dropped you or some other thing....

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Dalael posted:

I dont know wtf is wrong with you irl, maybe the doctor dropped you or some other thing....

I have an environmentally acquired allergy to poor leadership.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Then why on earth did you join the marines