Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

gently caress youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Alex Jones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
like for real, alex jones is the devil, or he's possessed by the devil. he's straight up pure evil.

the bad devil not the cool devil.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
Has he ever admitted or acknowledged the crisis actor stuff isn't real?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

jones had to apologize I think but then he immediately said he will never apologize on his show.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Yes, but then he will say the opposite ten minutes later. He said Sandy Hook was fake on his show last week.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Fantastic news. Love to see it. Can't wait to see his response (through Knowledge Fight).

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Not sure if I've mentioned this before but people like Alex Jones do not commit suicide. Narcissists are mostly incapable of that because they think that everything they do is right. They have no shame or guilt. Jones is possibly clinically mentally ill though so it's possible in a drunken fit he could do it but it's not likely in my opinion.
I don't know where you got the idea that narcissists don't ever kill themselves. It is clearly not so.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Alex Jones is going to be just fine because he retains the ability to bring money in. Free Speech Systems will be replaced by some LLC in his dad's name that pays him minimum wage but gives him a company credit card and executive housing.

Rent a new studio, change the donation URL and everything going forward (besides his paper minimum wage) is safe from storm.

Sounds like an easy way to pierce the veil

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Scarodactyl posted:

I don't know where you got the idea that narcissists don't ever kill themselves. It is clearly not so.

I figured that narcissists generally love themselves. So they'll go down fighting all the way. Also I never said they don't ever do. There are famous examples.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Alex Jones is going to be just fine because he retains the ability to bring money in. Free Speech Systems will be replaced by some LLC in his dad's name that pays him minimum wage but gives him a company credit card and executive housing.

Rent a new studio, change the donation URL and everything going forward (besides his paper minimum wage) is safe from storm.

Sooooo i'm not 100% sure that's the case.

- normally yeah - AJ could just put all of the poo poo in his dad's name and never actually touch the money, but with how visible AJ has been, it would be pretty easy for the court to see that as evading payment
- if AJ trademarked any of his poo poo, or his likeness, those trademarks would reside with Free Speech Systems. Thus if he launched Free Speech 2: Electric Boogaloo and went straight back into his old poo poo, he'd certainly be liable to lawsuit to his old company
- finally if he got caught doing any of this poo poo, there would be criminal penalties.

All of this could've been avoided if AJ had hired decent lawyers.

Vampire Panties fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Oct 13, 2022

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
Shaokahnlaugh.mp4

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

Vampire Panties posted:

Sooooo i'm not 100% sure that's the case.

Some people are just pathologically never winning. They'll always find some way to be the loser.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Some people are just pathologically never winning. They'll always find some way to be the loser.

:haibrow:

AJ is actually hosed. Like hosed on a next level, hosed beyond any :airquote: Celebrity :airquote: has been before.

As MrMojok has pointed out upthread, AJ has literally two options - flee the country, or keep loving around and end up in jail. Going to jail for this sort of thing is extremely procedural, and even the best lawyers in the world couldn't relitigate their way out of the mess he is in.

AJ is hosed :kheldragar:

Slyphic
Oct 12, 2021

All we do is walk around believing birds!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-YHmIogDhc

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
The town I live in has, for years now, had some moron go round spraying Infowars tags over various buildings (and anti-mask/vax poo poo too), I wonder how they feel about this.

Also, while looking for that image I ended up having a peek at the infowars store. Check out the picture of Jones they've used

That's almost certainly what Alex Jones thinks he looks like in his head.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
The next GOP president will "pardon" him and even though it won't be legal in the slightest, everyone will go along with it, because it has been proven time and again that American legal institutions can just crap out if someone is popular enough.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

The number of people here insisting that the Alex Jones suit verdict will result in “nothing will happen” and “they always get away with it” really makes one wonder about the motivations they have for posting ITT

Especially when it is absolutely, demonstrably bullshit

And also especially when you see that it’s the same people saying Jones will skate, that have been saying Trunt will skate

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Rondette posted:

The town I live in has, for years now, had some moron go round spraying Infowars tags over various buildings (and anti-mask/vax poo poo too), I wonder how they feel about this.

Haha mocking punctuation, but seriously what is going on with those apostrophes.

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.

Repeatedly.

And then turned right around and insinuated that they were a front for the Deep State, that they were just there to take your guns away, that the defendants are retarded (his words), that they're exagerrating their grief to exert their will on a kind and god-fearing public, again and again, and again, and again. Sometimes seconds after his many supposed "apologies," sometimes within the same sentence.

It cannot be understated how worthless Jones' apologies are, and how irresponsible the press is whenever they gormlessly parrot that he's supposedly apologized to the victims in any lasting way that matters. Jones has made a fortune off of making these peoples' lives miserable, is attempting to do so tonight, and will continue to do so until the mic is pulled from his hands and sold to the highest bidder to cover his court costs.

It's an insult to even suggest he apologize at this point.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I believe Alex Jones will not only be absolved by the next Republican president, but will be awarded a billion dollars in damages, and will become the Secret Hidden Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. The President may also kiss him on the mouth (optional).

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Alex Jones will be the next president

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

Nessus posted:

I believe Alex Jones will not only be absolved by the next Republican president, but will be awarded a billion dollars in damages, and will become the Secret Hidden Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. The President may also kiss him on the mouth (optional).

Jestery posted:

Alex Jones will be the next president

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Rondette posted:

I carn't believe it!

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Rondette posted:

Also, while looking for that image I ended up having a peek at the infowars store. Check out the picture of Jones they've used

That's almost certainly what Alex Jones thinks he looks like in his head.

He’s going to wish he had spent his money on hair treatments to make himself actually look like that while he still had it. They’re going to take the money, but they couldn’t rip hair plugs out of his head.

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Jestery posted:

Alex Jones will be the last president

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Pennywise the Frown posted:

:pray:

pretend I quoted the Halo Bud Dweyer post
DOOM Budd Dwyer post :colbert:

CommieGIR posted:

I hope LibsOfTiktok and Fox News is next
INDICT AND PROSECUTE, UNTIL IT IS DONE

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

this is the new world order in action people

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Froghammer posted:

He's Alex Jones. He'd rather die than run away.

Reminder

On air, totally fearles, ready for death at any moment. Do your worst New World Order!

In reality, surrounds himself with a team of bodyguards any time he's in public.

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

I feel a deep spiritual connection with this anonymous jury. Magick is real.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Grand Fromage posted:

It's a civil case so he can't be thrown in jail or anything. At least not without some other additional loving around. They can take everything he has. Usually there are some limits on that, like you can't lose your primary residence. But the business and such are gone.

He is the business though. The company is only valuable as an Alex Jones vehicle. The physical assets are a pittance. He could walk away from FSS start a brand new completely unrelated yet functionally identical podcast tomorrow. His "brand" is the most valuable asset, and there is no way to sell it.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Grand Fromage posted:

Leaving the country is his only real option. He'd still lose everything, but he could start again and nobody could stop him.

Welcome to the new Moscow studio!

in an amusing twist, that would be a particularly difficult place to run a supplement company out of right now

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
I don't see what the big deal is.
All he needs is to sell 50 million of his Brain Juice juice.

Send_Ninjas
Oct 10, 2006

Facebook Aunt posted:

He is the business though. The company is only valuable as an Alex Jones vehicle. The physical assets are a pittance. He could walk away from FSS start a brand new completely unrelated yet functionally identical podcast tomorrow. His "brand" is the most valuable asset, and there is no way to sell it.

They can take the Infowars property and give it to Dan and Jordan. Force Alex to be knowledge fight instead, as a power move.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Ooof the first couple minutes of that are hard to get through. The middle is good though.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Knowledge fight dudes take pity on Alex and start long term tone shift in an attempt to deradicalise. Knowledge fight hard lefts into a 3 white dudes run a podcast alá my brother my brother and me

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

Grand Fromage posted:

It's a civil case so he can't be thrown in jail or anything. At least not without some other additional loving around. They can take everything he has. Usually there are some limits on that, like you can't lose your primary residence. But the business and such are gone.

Could Alex argue that the business' assets aren't worth much, since really the business is a vehicle for Alex to broadcast, and therefore the business shouldn't be confiscated but rather he should be allowed to continue broadcasting because that's how he can make the most money to service his debt?

Alex, as an on air talent, is the only reason the business is lucrative after all. Simply liquidating Infowars won't yield much cash.

If that's a valid argument then maybe Infowars would live on? Would he even bother to, if almost none of the income generated landed in his own pocket?

As an especially wild hypothetical, could the families be given the option to either (a) take the company and sell its assets or (b) allow it to continue operating so they can be paid more?

This is all speculation on my part. I have no expertise in law or bankruptcy.

The Clitoris
Jan 29, 2020

Finding it makes all of your dreams come true
I dunno, his broadcasting generates extensive monetary liabilities

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Ahahahahahahah, after texas, this is amazing, so, whats next for jones, there must be more court apperences where that "Shant" will get broadcast?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Facebook Aunt posted:

The judgments in both cases are against Jones personally, and he is liable for anything that FSS is unable to pay. He cannot just spin up a new business to escape this debt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Mr. Nice! posted:

The judgments in both cases are against Jones personally, and he is liable for anything that FSS is unable to pay. He cannot just spin up a new business to escape this debt.

Does the judgement vanish upon his death, or do FSS and his estate remain obligated to continue paying down the balance if they continue to make money after his passing?