Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Have you checked out the fall av thread? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeyBoint
Jan 15, 2022

in first grade I wrote the password for the last level of the Tiny Toons sega game on a sticky note and left it on a friend’s desk because he had the game too but the teacher saw the note of incomprehensible letters and arrows and thought I was threatening him

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

MikeyBoint posted:

in first grade I wrote the password for the last level of the Tiny Toons sega game on a sticky note and left it on a friend’s desk because he had the game too but the teacher saw the note of incomprehensible letters and arrows and thought I was threatening him

Lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

IHAVE 4GOTN MY UMBRLA

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

We've already called your parents, just tell us who Justin Bailey is and why you are targeting him!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MikeyBoint posted:

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

teacher glancing at post-it note: iddqd....I DEAL DEATH QUITE DEMOCRATICALLY!?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The first time I played Pikmin I followed the players guide for 100% parts and finished with like 10 days to spare and cried because of how hollow the victory felt.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

MikeyBoint posted:

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

MikeyBoint posted:

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

MikeyBoint posted:

lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

In Training posted:

The first time I played Pikmin I followed the players guide for 100% parts and finished with like 10 days to spare and cried because of how hollow the victory felt.

Lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

In Training posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

oh yah i think i posted about this before but when i was in third grade my school got a computer nd i talked my teacher into letting me screw with it during recess so i tried with my eight year old brain to figure out how to download hexen. eventually during parent teacher conferences my teacher told my mom he loves computers! he's always tryin to find this thing called uh...hexen i think? my mom told her what it was and i got roasted alive, the teacher thought i was tryin to use witchcraft and demons to burn down the school for like a month, plus my mom was pissed i was tryin to steal stuff off the internet

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Fungah! posted:

oh yah i think i posted about this before but when i was in third grade my school got a computer nd i talked my teacher into letting me screw with it during recess so i tried with my eight year old brain to figure out how to download hexen. eventually during parent teacher conferences my teacher told my mom he loves computers! he's always tryin to find this thing called uh...hexen i think? my mom told her what it was and i got roasted alive, the teacher thought i was tryin to use witchcraft and demons to burn down the school for like a month, plus my mom was pissed i was tryin to steal stuff off the internet

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

Lmao

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Fungah! posted:

Sir John Feelgood posted:

When I was fifteen I was absent from school a lot, and in one of the science classes the teacher was like "Where's John?" and somebody (I heard) shouted "He's probably playing World of Warcraft!" This teacher emails my guidance counselor going, "Hey, you might want to talk to this kid, I used to be into these types of games, they're bad news, highly addictive." So my guidance counselor brings me in, and he's like a young ex-athlete who all the girls have a crush on, and he goes to me "Are you playing this game?" I say yes. He says how many hours. I hesitate. The real answer is ten, but I don't want him to freak out, so I say: three. He stares at me blankly and then starts blinking and clutching his head and freaking out, and to this day I wonder what it would've done to him if I'd said ten.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

In high school we had a multi media class that was like a computer lab for learning Adobe suite and 3ds max, but we all just played gta2 over the lan all year. The teacher didn't even attempt to stop us lol.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Fungah! posted:

Shortly after Columbine all the teachers at my school were on high alert for people exhibiting such anti-social behavior as "listening to Marylin Manson" or "playing DOOM". I was really into SaGa Frontier at the time and in a recent playthrough I had learned the sword skill "Heaven/Hell" which I thought was a cool name. So I drew a picture of some monsters and wrote "Heaven/Hell" at the top and I guess I left it on my desk or something because the teacher called my mom to warn her that I was into satanic stuff.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

MikeyBoint posted:

Fungah! posted:

Kongming posted:

Shortly after Columbine all the teachers at my school were on high alert for people exhibiting such anti-social behavior as "listening to Marylin Manson" or "playing DOOM". I was really into SaGa Frontier at the time and in a recent playthrough I had learned the sword skill "Heaven/Hell" which I thought was a cool name. So I drew a picture of some monsters and wrote "Heaven/Hell" at the top and I guess I left it on my desk or something because the teacher called my mom to warn her that I was into satanic stuff.

lmao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Leadthumb posted:

In high school we had a multi media class that was like a computer lab for learning Adobe suite and 3ds max, but we all just played gta2 over the lan all year. The teacher didn't even attempt to stop us lol.

computer lab teachers who let you do whatever ftw

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Kongming posted:

lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sub-Actuality posted:

Yeah

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Our computer lab teacher in high school used to date Joey Ramone

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

In Training posted:

Lol. I’m so sorry bro

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

Sub-Actuality posted:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Sub-Actuality posted:

in middle school there was a rumor that the computer lab teacher was caught jacking off at the computer

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Sub-Actuality posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

that pwns lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

in middle school there was a rumor that the computer lab teacher was caught jacking off at the computer

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

We had an English teacher who started assigning certain periods to be in-class essay writing and he would sit at his desk at the front of class and just play WoW on his laptop for an hour.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

my comm prof in college met Henry Rollins and H.R. from Bad Brains back in the 90s at a party and said he'd divorce his wife if it meant he could relive that night

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

that pwns lol

She was cool

symbolic posted:

my comm prof in college met Henry Rollins and H.R. from Bad Brains back in the 90s at a party and said he'd divorce his wife if it meant he could relive that night

Lmao awesome

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sub-Actuality posted:

This lol.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Senior year I had an art class first period that was taught by an obvious old drunk style teacher, lol. Like for real tho, you could smell the booze in his coffee cup. I don't even remember him giving any assignments we just used it as a study period and bullshitted w/each other. Indian homeboy named Rikishi was way into MMOs and we clowned on his rear end relentlessly for it.

Eventually the teacher stopped showing up, then a replacement who usually taught history took over and never said what happened to him, but we all knew

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Sub-Actuality posted:

yup.

shout out to my 8th grade science + catholic religion teacher who let us play diablo and starcraft on the science computer after school and covered for us lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In sixth grade I was in a computer club after school which was basically just playing Civilization 1 for an hour

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Sub-Actuality posted:

:hai:

In Training posted:

We had an English teacher who started assigning certain periods to be in-class essay writing and he would sit at his desk at the front of class and just play WoW on his laptop for an hour.

junior year i had a trig teacher who would go off into tangents for the entire period and one of them was about his WoW guild and the most recent expansion (Pandaria i think?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

My computing teacher in high school was a conspiracy theory maniac who used Macs because he thought they would help him stay off the grid and became an award winning sprinter as part of his training for the oil wars.

One time I found a bunch of videos on one of the computers of the creepy IT tech guy lurking outside people's houses and going into one (hopefully someone he knew lol) to let the camera linger on a trumpet or something for an uncomfortably long time. I showed this to the teacher and his eyes went incredibly wide and he told me to delete it immediately

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Oct 14, 2022