Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

The Saddest Rhino posted:

it is better but one time my teenage niece was telling me that some event had hired a clown for the kids and i immediately without thinking said "everyone who has ever died for their country was a clown"

which got her to stiffen up in thought for a few seconds before going, "that's a lot but i just thought it would be fun to ask for a balloon dog"

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
goldmine

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

it is better but one time my teenage niece was telling me that some event had hired a clown for the kids and i immediately without thinking said "everyone who has ever died for their country was a clown"

which got her to stiffen up in thought for a few seconds before going, "that's a lot but i just thought it would be fun to ask for a balloon dog"

lmao

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

lmao

picturing this exchange happening in codec call format and it rules

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
jfc not again. i'm out for the night y'all. this one hurts and isnt just funny

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

WarpDogs posted:

lmao

picturing this exchange happening in codec call format and it rules

lol

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Lady Radia posted:

Yeah there's lines and accusing someone of being J.K. Rowling crosses most of them.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
where does that comic come from?

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Lady Radia posted:

take care out there :(

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Is Plinkey personally funding these avatar changes with the goon fund? Well, there's just no way to know

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Lady Radia posted:

Insanely petty people

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

ooof, that's slanderous

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

that is completely deranged. wtf lol

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Martman posted:

Is Plinkey personally funding these avatar changes with the goon fund? Well, there's just no way to know

Literally, there's no way to know since it's all funneled into his bank account and he doesn't keep receipts by design.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Also that's a lame rear end avatar change

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Lady Radia posted:

I'm pretty sure I know exactly who did that too. gently caress that rear end in a top hat.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Lady Radia posted:

seriously, wtf :(

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
buying trans people terf avatars, leftishly

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

MY MILLHOUSE posted:

too many posts to quote. the pushback starts here

I am a miserable rereg of a lurker, hath mercy upon me

that thread was so fun, unlike red read redemption 1 and 2

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

hell yeah

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Violen posted:

buying trans people terf avatars, leftishly

praxis

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

elf help book posted:

that thread was so fun, unlike red read redemption 1 and 2

i didn't have console for rdr1, but i really enjoyed rdr2 in pretty much all ways

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Lady Radia posted:

wtf sorry someone dumb did that

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

it got fixed, and then blanked

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
some psychopath is trying to play musical chairs with the avatar lol

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

I'm pretty sure I know exactly who did that too. gently caress that rear end in a top hat.

yeah that guy wasnt exactly subtle about it, immediately after bragging about how much money he spends on the poors lol. literally 0 idea wtf hes talking about

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

fun hater posted:

how much money he spends on the poors

"spending money on the poors" is my new favorite euphemism for "buying my posting enemies hateful redtexts"

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I put in a request to blank the title, but it appears to have been blanked by presumably another user and changed back to the Boss avatar

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Didn't see the bad avatar, but Jesus Christ, what a tool.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lol

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Your niece owns, holmes

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
man, I hope that this

quote:

It’s so grim and one of the ways I cope is by posting “tromp lol”

isn't actually true out of the trump thread. Get real help goon, I hope you haven't liberalstomper58-ed yourself

what is up with those av changes, I like redtexts because they can be funny but wtf

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Lady Radia posted:

Oh drat I missed this

These people are hosed up, take care of yourself

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

ilmucche posted:

man, I hope that this

isn't actually true out of the trump thread. Get real help goon, I hope you haven't liberalstomper58-ed yourself

what is up with those av changes, I like redtexts because they can be funny but wtf

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

youd think someone would just hit the 'perma' button when a poster has a weird thirst for child death but thats just me

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Maybe don't caress Hitler's rear end & tits? Permaban.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Somebody in the Trump thread that's only been open since July has 7000 posts in it and I don't have 7000 posts since 2005.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Previous post advocating for baby death: 1 week
Today’s entry: 3 days

What’s the opposite of a ramp?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

this is a recurring issue with wrt to children and mods

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

I don't think so. I would take a much harder line at someone doxxing a goon, a former goon, or suggesting such.

bloom posted:

Uhh, maybe kids should get more protection than goons?

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

I just saw this and I responded to the report so I'll explain my reasoning for the twelver. First, I don't consider this doxxing, which involves digging up personal information like home addresses, employers, and basically outing somebody who doesn't want to be outed. Posting a link to someone's public-facing Twitter presence and YouTube profile doesn't cut it (and the YouTube link had already been deleted before I saw the report). Secondly, I make a distinction for political actors who are attempting to use their public presence to influence and move the world in a particular direction -- and there are also legal distinctions here as well compared to, say, someone who just collects plastic anime figurines or whatever. That said, the public actor here is still a kid and the whole thing needed to stop because it's weird and sad, so I probed the goon as a warning. If they continue their behavior then they're risking a ban, but I think they got the message. If they don't get the message and I miss it, then report it please.

I've modded for about two weeks, and my basic philosophy is that unless it's clearly rulebreaking or just egregious, then I'm going to err on the side of probes -- which is what they're there for -- so the behavior stops, which is the most important thing. It is better for most people to be underpunished than for a few to be overpunished when dealing with these grey areas, and whether you give a sixer or a twelver or one day is a judgement call in the moment. Not everyone is going to be happy, but like I said, the most important thing is for bad behavior to stop when it arises.

"well, you see, technically the child was asking for it, but I agree its weird so a minor slap on the wrist will do"

weird how a former mod doxxes a literal child and the mod at the time wants to argue political distinctions about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

"Now we've had a stern chat with the babydeath guy, he knows it's a ramp, we're gonna ramp him and be serious about it, if he discusses wishing death upon infants one more time it'll be a another ramping, and this time we're serious"