Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Never heard a Post Malone song but I'm gonna prejudge him because white guy with face tattoos. The event is cool since someone hit me with 1200+ direct damage though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
Lol, if you copy the decks into your collection they have the special purple dude avatars and you can use them in other formats.

Ithle01
May 28, 2013
I almost always enjoy any commander style events on Arena and this one is no exception.I've been enjoying the Rakdos deck quite a bit. Then again I've also been drawing hot the whole time so maybe it's just good luck, but at least it's been fun.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

VictualSquid posted:

Lol, if you copy the decks into your collection they have the special purple dude avatars and you can use them in other formats.

You can even use the avatars for other decks. It is entirely possible to edit everything about the deck, name, card list, format, everything.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

From my experience the rakdos deck is very fun but eats poo poo against the green one

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Thranguy posted:

Was there a maskwood nexus in play? Several of the decks run one.

Yes, but on my side of the battlefield. I just hit the .50^5 chance, haha

Ithle01
May 28, 2013

Simone Poodoin posted:

From my experience the rakdos deck is very fun but eats poo poo against the green one

I'm about 4 and 1 against the green deck and the one loss was to mana screw. Maybe I'm just lucky, but that's a good win ratio.

Seriously though, it could just be luck because Orcus was the key to two of those wins. I just dropped it and wiped their mana dorks into an instaconcede.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I won 1 and lost 3 so I might be unlucky and/or exaggerating lol

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
decided to give Eldraine draft a shot since I wasn't really drafting when it came out and it was all bots anyway. Listened to Limited Level Ups earlier talk about how this is a mono-color focused format and ended up drafting Wb Knights. Deck has absolutely slapped so far, Ardenvale Tactician rules

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
eldraine was a real fun draft format overshadowed by how ridiculous all the cards were for constructed and i'm glad to go back to it

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

I won 3 games from my opponent conceding from an equal position, so I attribute my success to stubbornness

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Zero VGS posted:

Never heard a Post Malone song but I'm gonna prejudge him because white guy with face tattoos.
Post Malone is infuriating because he looks very stupid but his music is very good.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Ithle01 posted:

I'm about 4 and 1 against the green deck and the one loss was to mana screw. Maybe I'm just lucky, but that's a good win ratio.

Seriously though, it could just be luck because Orcus was the key to two of those wins. I just dropped it and wiped their mana dorks into an instaconcede.
It's pretty easy to play it badly, if you're not rushing to ult ellywick asap and then going from there, it's a lot harder to win imo. so if you're against that deck kill ellywick asap if they cast her early, if she ults there's so many ways to snowball in the green deck via cards that let you play off the top deck that can result in 3-4 hasty tramplers out of nowhere

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Silverback Elder is showing up in like every Gruul deck at Diamond, completely blowing up my enchantments and as soon as I see it I know I've lost

Edit: 0-4 just trying to do my dailies, standard is absolute wretchedness, i am basically trying to play how I saw Murmur Twin play this domain deck but i am getting continually smashed into the ground to the point where I don't understand all the people saying they easily climbed to mythic with this lol

Edit 2: i guess i just had to complain online to get my first win, as usual. This high platinum low diamond elo hellish area is really demoralizing though lol

Try playing some other deck to see how your winrate stacks up IMO. For me I found the domain deck not really performing better than others so unless you really enjoy the style of play it might make more sense to switch it up? I'm currently on the Raffine deck with Adeline and that feels p good to me.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
So far I've cast Rakdos the showstopper against green decks twice, and twice it's killed my Gisa and nothing of theirs

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Simone Poodoin posted:

i used the green deck and every opponent of mine was rakdos, lmao

easy money

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

MrL_JaKiri posted:

So far I've cast Rakdos the showstopper against green decks twice, and twice it's killed my Gisa and nothing of theirs

yeah i'm like 99% sure it's bugged, which is lol

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

precision posted:

yeah i'm like 99% sure it's bugged, which is lol

I cast it a third time and it killed the only thing of theirs I didn't want it to kill, returning a Craterhoof to the top of their deck and killing me

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

every time it's been cast against me it's killed my entire board

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008
sometimes it blanks against me, sometimes it trashes most of my creatures. maybe it's random

Ithle01
May 28, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

It's pretty easy to play it badly, if you're not rushing to ult ellywick asap and then going from there, it's a lot harder to win imo. so if you're against that deck kill ellywick asap if they cast her early, if she ults there's so many ways to snowball in the green deck via cards that let you play off the top deck that can result in 3-4 hasty tramplers out of nowhere

Killing her is generally a high priority for me.

After a few* beers I ended up around 9-5 or 6. Fun event.

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
Perhaps precision won too many games and now their account has been flagged for losses

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Shrecknet posted:

Post Malone is infuriating because he looks very stupid but his music is very good.

He's also a very cool and good guy in real life apparently. He and the Prof had some real good banter on IHYD before that show became a toxic waste dump.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Ithle01 posted:

I almost always enjoy any commander style events on Arena and this one is no exception.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

flatluigi posted:

eldraine was a real fun draft format overshadowed by how ridiculous all the cards were for constructed and i'm glad to go back to it

I think this time around being human drafts feels so much better. The format feels completely different than it did during bot draft seasons when everyone was drafting 8 secretkeepers or all food. For folks who drafted it on arena with bots before and never in person or on MTGO I'd highly recommend giving it a go around while it's on flashback, it's a really good format and the mono color focus feels rewarding and unique, even if sometimes the drafts themselves aren't interesting

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Kashuno posted:

I think this time around being human drafts feels so much better. The format feels completely different than it did during bot draft seasons when everyone was drafting 8 secretkeepers or all food. For folks who drafted it on arena with bots before and never in person or on MTGO I'd highly recommend giving it a go around while it's on flashback, it's a really good format and the mono color focus feels rewarding and unique, even if sometimes the drafts themselves aren't interesting

thanks to ELD coming back I got to play with Oko for the first and probably last time

https://www.17lands.com/deck/3038ae08f33e4b08a9aadbbe8774d8c5

a nice 7-0 with this one, thanks Oko!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

hmm will this run long enough for 17lands data to be useful... maybe i should "pick my spot"

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

hmm will this run long enough for 17lands data to be useful... maybe i should "pick my spot"

1 or 2 days is usually enough. Theres a bunch of data already

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I believe 17 lands keeps historical data as well. So you should see data from all the times throne of eldraine's had a premier draft flashback in the past if you go far back enough (arena didn't have human drafts during eld's original release)

wei
Jul 27, 2006
The last flashback was a while back, before 17lands tracked individual card data if I'm not mistaken. When the 17lands dataset gets updated later (midnight GMT?) it should be robust enough for the commons and uncommons.

There's a ton of content out there already, but here's a quick summary. I try to keep to one colour as long as I can, the good common artifacts help a lot to delay that decision in the first pack. Many cards within the same colours are synergistic with each other, plus Adamant is a thing so a lot of the good decks will have skewed manabases. This deck is a very good example:

babypolis posted:

thanks to ELD coming back I got to play with Oko for the first and probably last time

https://www.17lands.com/deck/3038ae08f33e4b08a9aadbbe8774d8c5

a nice 7-0 with this one, thanks Oko!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

lol wut

odinson
Mar 17, 2009
Ok so this is only my 2nd ever DMU or draft of any kind in years and need some tips and cuts. I'm guessing the non-prayer of binding whites go.

I have untapped.gg and was generally picking the highest rated cards on there and alt-tabbing to ctrl+f card names on streamer deathsie's tierlist while failing to find a theme

draft: https://www.17lands.com/draft/61771b782c8d45888cb7e86423dd7290
pool: https://www.17lands.com/pool/61771b782c8d45888cb7e86423dd7290
deck: https://www.17lands.com/deck/61771b782c8d45888cb7e86423dd7290/0

Is there an addon that shows you known cards are missing from the packs btw?

I got confused by which bites/fights/and pump spells were which while drafting. I have a bad tendency to pigeonhole myself into certain colors early

1/1: micromancer seems stronger than shadow proph or talas
1/2: is Golden Argosy a build around with etb creatures or is it strong enough on its own? I missed the cheap crew cost at initial glance
1/5: braid's return seems decent.
1/6: oh poo poo. I totally should've taken Raff here right and and built my deck around him? with tokens and the samite scry dudes?

2/1: maybe the brawler or the queen instead
3/6: runic shot seems great, but I needed more creatures I thought
3/7: so apparently everyone has hydromancer ranked real low. why is that? undercosted for the unkicked body and kicked is too expensive or something? worst case scenario it can target itself right?

I'm Fly on the discord btw. I made a couple alt accts to practice drafting with and to live stream to talk through picks w/ ppl.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

odinson posted:

Ok so this is only my 2nd ever DMU or draft of any kind in years and need some tips and cuts. I'm guessing the non-prayer of binding whites go.

I have untapped.gg and was generally picking the highest rated cards on there and alt-tabbing to ctrl+f card names on streamer deathsie's tierlist while failing to find a theme

draft: https://www.17lands.com/draft/61771b782c8d45888cb7e86423dd7290
pool: https://www.17lands.com/pool/61771b782c8d45888cb7e86423dd7290
deck: https://www.17lands.com/deck/61771b782c8d45888cb7e86423dd7290/0

Is there an addon that shows you known cards are missing from the packs btw?

I got confused by which bites/fights/and pump spells were which while drafting. I have a bad tendency to pigeonhole myself into certain colors early

1/1: micromancer seems stronger than shadow proph or talas
1/2: is Golden Argosy a build around with etb creatures or is it strong enough on its own? I missed the cheap crew cost at initial glance
1/5: braid's return seems decent.
1/6: oh poo poo. I totally should've taken Raff here right and and built my deck around him? with tokens and the samite scry dudes?

2/1: maybe the brawler or the queen instead
3/6: runic shot seems great, but I needed more creatures I thought
3/7: so apparently everyone has hydromancer ranked real low. why is that? undercosted for the unkicked body and kicked is too expensive or something? worst case scenario it can target itself right?

I'm Fly on the discord btw. I made a couple alt accts to practice drafting with and to live stream to talk through picks w/ ppl.

Going blind

p1p4: Tear asunder is a great card but puts pressure on you to get black mana. Essence scatter and Espionage are close enough in power and keep you in 2 colours for now.
p1p5: I like the U/G land here. Vineshaper is decent as a 2 for 1 in the 4 drop slot but mana fixing is also valuable and getting your fixing early places you in a position to do a lot of splashing for Domain payoffs. Vineshaper is the kind of card you can typically find later in the draft since it isn't great in decks that can't splash it.
p1p6: I understand picking a target for Micromancer but given you already have tear asunder, the UB land would be a nice pickup. There are enough good 1 CMC spells in U and Gaia's might can be found wheeling a lot that you probably don't need to scramble for one this early.
p1p7: Amplifier was the wrong pick imo, both Negate and Drake are perfectly fine on colour cards.
p1p13: Unless this was BO3 queue, Broken Wings is never playable. Negate on the other hand is a fine card in this format.

p2p1: Brawler is very good and hyper-efficient. Definitely better than the land even though you have no duals at this point
p2p2: The 2nd Weatherseed would be my pick here. I know you have no removal atm but you also don't have any white cards worth playing and you have no white duals. Iconoclast is also a consideration but right now we would never be able to play it with the kicker.
p2p3: The pixie is not correct, just pick the dual to help fix your mana. Alternatively, you can go super greedy and get the Rootwalla which is a superstar in domain decks and pray you to get more dual lands later.
p2p4: I am unsure how late is too late for Chaplin. I would have just taken the Lookout but I could be totally wrong here.
p2p8: I would have just taken the drake.
p2p10: Phalanx is the wrong pick, you don't have a ton of creatures at this point and no token makers other than Negotiators. Writhing Necromas is a better creature and you are already incentivized to have a black splash given you have Leech and Tear Asunder.
p3p6: You have so many white cards by now that you might as well take the Runic shot which is a great removal spell.
p3p12: Seeing Uurg wheel makes me sad. That is nice card.

Not sure how I would build the deck.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
turn 4

turn 5, they solar blazed me

turn 6

this event is a blast and also great for dailies, shame it's about to go away. they should do events like this more often. is it ever mentioned who made the decks? I noticed there doesn't seem to be a really control-y deck, wonder if it was requested to not include one. :v:

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I picked the monogreen deck for the Post Malone event and I keep getting matched vs the Boros Lifegain/Burn deck which is very clearly meant to be a hard counter. Every. Single. Time.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Just having a normal draft run where I've used fae of wishes to pull mirrormade, cauldron of eternity and mystic sanctuary.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Nobody saw any of them in pack 1 or 2, presumably.

If you don't see a reason to get into defenders before pack 3 you're unlikely to have any of the cards it needs to run, so a late chaplain is a 'welp i could have done it if I'd known this was coming but it's pretty bad now' thing.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I ran into my first Priest of Possibility deck in Historic Mythic, I beat them with my Kobold/Dragon cheat deck but it was close.

Priest of Possibility seems like the closest we've had to a straight-up Slippery Bogle deck. Does anyone have a decklist? I hate Alchemy cards but I'm super tempted to craft those to get my non-interaction fix.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Oct 23, 2022

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Want peoples thoughts on what to include/cut for this one, I'm excited to have gotten Oko (now to have him milled out under me every game)

I'm cutting the owls because I'm to neutral on theblue/green split, I've mostly been following the limited level ups advice and going heavily monocolour but this deck fell into place as a two colour deck as soon as I got oko P1P1.

Pocky In My Pocket fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Oct 23, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

Want peoples thoughts on what to include/cut for this one, I'm excited to have gotten Oko (now to have him milled out under me every game)

I'm cutting the owls because I'm to neutral on theblue/green split, I've mostly been following the limited level ups advice and going heavily monocolour but this deck fell into place as a two colour deck as soon as I got oko P1P1.

your image is broken: