Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Wheeee posted:

I posted one in games, there’s currently a dumb low-effort shitposter trying to war with it.

You're the one who made another thread when there was one already while claiming that yours is "real". "Dumb low effort poo poo poster"? gently caress off rear end in a top hat.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Oct 26, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
Effort added to OP. Please critique.

Duck and Cover posted:

You're the one who made another thread when there was one already while claiming that yours is "real". Dumb low effort poo poo poster? gently caress off rear end in a top hat.

That's a delightful snipe.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

CitizenKeen posted:

Effort added to OP. Please critique.

That's a delightful snipe.

Not as delightful as killing big things with Shang-Chi. Oh you thought that spot was a lock? Bummer.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Duck and Cover posted:

Needs one more. GBS thread?

I mentioned it in the android thread this morning so that's (sort of) three (because that thread is slow as gently caress). (People are angry at the game there.)

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Would it work better to move this thread to the main VG forum? I'm fine with two separate threads too but curious what you all prefer.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
As OP, I vote quorum.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Mega64 posted:

Would it work better to move this thread to the main VG forum? I'm fine with two separate threads too but curious what you all prefer.

I don't think it really needs two (three) threads, but I do think the thread won't get as many eyes if it lives in the subforum. I didn't know it was here until I went looking suspecting that it probably already existed.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Mega64 posted:

I would say send this to main VG and kill the other two.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

CapnAndy posted:

I would say send this to main VG and kill the other two.

I concur.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Only if we get a better thread tag :colbert:

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Go RV! posted:

Only if we get a better thread tag :colbert:

Someone (not me I'm lazy) needs to make a snap tag. Yep needs to be done. Make it happen.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Mega64 posted:

Just send this one to Games and nuke the other two from orbit. But fix the thread tag.

So I randomed a 0 cost Galactus yesterday and never having seen the card before, managed to get blown out spectacularly by a very confused opponent. Turns out Galactus is not a double Scarlet Witch. Whoops. :doh:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Moved and updated the thread tag! If you want a different tag send a report or PM and I'll update it tomorrow afternoon or so.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

team overhead smash posted:

This took quite a few attempts to pull off

This combo is hilarious and people seem to confidently snap into it often because it looks like you're blundering unless they can anticipate the turn 6.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Scoss posted:

This combo is hilarious and people seem to confidently snap into it often because it looks like you're blundering unless they can anticipate the turn 6.
You can tell who's been burned before, because they see you only move one Nightcrawler out and immediately retreat.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Any recommendations for winning locations with one card? I have three separate quests for it.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Lumbermouth posted:

Any recommendations for winning locations with one card? I have three separate quests for it.

Jessica Jones

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Namor.

Carnage/Venom.

Escaping while you're winning a location with one card.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

"Can't play cards here" locations can still get cards reproduced (like Squirell Girl) or moved to.

Go RV! posted:

Yeah, this 100% works. It's odd to me.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

The Sean posted:

Yeah, this 100% works. It's odd to me.

You're not meant to get credit if you escape before turn 4 unless your opponent also retreated, but for some reason I believe it is still being given.

The best way to win locations with one card right now is Venom + Arnim Zola, if you have them. Throw a Hulkbuster in Bar Sinister, add Venom, then add Zola - it's a bit random and can be countered, but you generally end up with two 800+ Venoms somewhere.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
The stars aligned and even survived the quad yondu and they ran before turn 3 even started. I JUST WANT TO SEE THE BIG NUMBERS

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Reek posted:

The stars aligned and even survived the quad yondu and they ran before turn 3 even started. I JUST WANT TO SEE THE BIG NUMBERS

Don't worry, Grand Central would have hosed you over by throwing your Onslaught on Middle, they were just saving you from that rage.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Go RV! posted:

Oh my god. I wonder if this applies for all the quests that are based on winning a location. Surely it must.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.

Klungar posted:

Don't worry, Grand Central would have hosed you over by throwing your Onslaught on Middle, they were just saving you from that rage.

Oh yeah, def would have happened. It happened to me one of the last times where I had the "cards cost +1 on turn 5" location so I couldn't play Blue Marvel.

e: GOT EEM! And they snapped!

(prob a bot, idk)

Reek fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Oct 27, 2022

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Of all the RNG that tilts me, nothing so far has surpassed Morph giving them a super high value card. I'm eager to discover what Pool 2 surprises await me. I'll probably cross that threshold tonight.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
Nothing like a 2 billion point lead in a Location.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

BGrifter posted:

Just send this one to Games and nuke the other two from orbit. But fix the thread tag.

So I randomed a 0 cost Galactus yesterday and never having seen the card before, managed to get blown out spectacularly by a very confused opponent. Turns out Galactus is not a double Scarlet Witch. Whoops. :doh:

I hobgoblin'd on kamar taj. Good times :D

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

Tezzeract posted:

I hobgoblin'd on kamar taj. Good times :D

Does it come back to you?

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

drat it, it happened to me :negative:

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
Is there, like, a solo or offline mode on this? I'm not good enough at understanding these games to play against real people, mostly.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

HellOnEarth posted:

Is there, like, a solo or offline mode on this? I'm not good enough at understanding these games to play against real people, mostly.

Not right now. There are bots that you play against right at the start as a tutorial, but that's about it.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Attestant posted:

drat it, it happened to me :negative:
Yeah, protip for everyone: if Bar Sinister comes on the board and just one Nightcrawler moves away from it to let in Blue Marvel, your next move needs to be hitting Retreat. (Which is gonna make for some fun mindgames once everyone learns that lesson and people start bluffing Onslaughts they didn't actually draw.)

HellOnEarth posted:

There isn't, but the game does a good job onboarding you. For the first ten levels you don't even have the Snap mechanic yet, and until level 20 or 30-ish you're going to be playing, almost exclusively, against bots who are taking a dive. You will be walking around going "drat is there a Marvel Snap world championship because apparently I don't lose".

Also the starter deck is very simple, with one or two mechanics to introduce the concepts but mostly brute force. That frees you up to learn the basics of Number Go Up and playing the locations. The starter deck is yours forever, so any added complexity from there will be self-directed, as you start experimenting with pulling a card or two out of it to replace them with something better you unlocked. (It's a shame that the symbiote event is ending, since three of its missions were to play a deck, each with a different bread-and-butter combo in it, that should ideally make you go "ohhh, that is a thing I can do? I bet I can build a whole deck around this".)

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I'm running exclusively Enchantress decks for this location event because gently caress you.

I really kind of dislike this one.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Go RV! posted:

I'm running exclusively Enchantress decks for this location event because gently caress you.

Same and it feels so good when they slam Nightcrawler turn one into Bar Sinister and immediately Snap. Enchantress rules.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

CitizenKeen posted:

Does it come back to you?

It does indeed.

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel

Go RV! posted:

I really kind of dislike this one.

I feel like that's what happens with every hot location, once it catches on you see the same tricks every match. Last event it was all Odin all the time.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Managed to get captain America and America Chavez yesterday so once I have squirrel girl I should have all the good pool 1 stuff

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

CapnAndy posted:

For the first ten levels you don't even have the Snap mechanic yet, and until level 20 or 30-ish you're going to be playing, almost exclusively, against bots who are taking a dive. You will be walking around going "drat is there a Marvel Snap world championship because apparently I don't lose".

lol, that explains it, was wondering how I could be 30 and 0.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Fate Accomplice posted:

Managed to get captain America and America Chavez yesterday so once I have squirrel girl I should have all the good pool 1 stuff

I pulled Angela today so I think I'm finally in a bit of a decent spot. Got Blade too yesterday, so I have basically the two more straightforward Pool 1 decks.

Got completely wrecked by an Agatha earlier. I got her turn 1 via the Hub, and made such great plays like Elektra on an empty location on turn 4, and nothing else, with Ka-Zar in hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

HellOnEarth posted:

Maybe 5% of my opponents so far have been real people (only rank 29). Maybe not even that. Part of this game's genius is putting you up against piss-easy bots for a dozen hours to make you feel good.