Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the main point is that rpgs are epic

hell yeah. playing FF7 on my tablet right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the main point is that rpgs are epic

:haibrow:

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I’ve got a Retroid pocket 3 coming in the mail today and I expect my RPG playing activity to increase tenfold

I forgot to post abt it but it pwns. Haven’t figured out GameCube on it yet, which is why I didn’t do a review proper, but build quality and ergonomics are ace

bongmaster
Oct 16, 2022

by Azathoth

CountryMatters posted:

I loved numenara torment unironically. Scratched my planescape itch, destroyed all existence by being an insufferable facts and logic techbro

Paladinus posted:

It's not an awful game, imo, but you can see the seams in the patchwork. I liked the world and some of the companion questlines, but there was also a lot of unnecessary fluff in flowery language, especially when a certain someone was responsible for the quest.

tihis, it was an acceptable non-lethal substitute for the real thing for those whose withdrawal symptoms had reached a critical level. i backed it on kickstarter

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

CountryMatters posted:

I loved numenara torment unironically. Scratched my planescape itch, destroyed all existence by being an insufferable facts and logic techbro

It’s Adequate and it’s greatest purpose is showing that gene Wolfe’s books are great because his prose is top tier bc everything they ganked from book of the new sun never rises above “that’s kind of cool”

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I liked the 20 minutes I played thanks to game pass, the best deal in gaming. But I also didn't give enough of a poo poo to play it more.

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

I got the platinum trophy for FF7 on PS4 and now I never want to touch it ever again

Like, I love it but I spent so many hours grinding the North Cave for AP that the charm has pretty much gone

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I got the tude now posted:

I forgot to post abt it but it pwns. Haven’t figured out GameCube on it yet, which is why I didn’t do a review proper, but build quality and ergonomics are ace

Hell yeah

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Spanish Manlove posted:

*Morgan Freeman Voice* and in the end she did cuck spiffo.

It's genuinely crazier then that. Spiffo basically pushed her into having threesomes with their male friends "to show her off" and she eventually caught feelings for one of them and realized she didn't like having sex with Spiffo, she wasn't really attracted to him, and ended up getting "too serious" with the other guy and Spiffo had a meltdown over it.

Pretty sure they're still married and recently had a child together.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Thanks to Gamepass I found a bunch of cool RPGs I'd never been interested in. Pathfinder was cool enough that I bought it and all the DLC on Steam. Dragon Age Inquisition also owns so far.

Need some more crpgs though. The 40k one coming out next year should be good hopefully.

bongmaster
Oct 16, 2022

by Azathoth
the story felt like a prologue the whole way through though, and then it ended

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

been thinking about the nintendo gaycube a lot lately

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

pentyne posted:

It's genuinely crazier then that. Spiffo basically pushed her into having threesomes with their male friends "to show her off" and she eventually caught feelings for one of them and realized she didn't like having sex with Spiffo, she wasn't really attracted to him, and ended up getting "too serious" with the other guy and Spiffo had a meltdown over it.

ah no

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I’ve got a Retroid pocket 3 coming in the mail today and I expect my RPG playing activity to increase tenfold

Didn't even know these existed, looks awesome

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

pentyne posted:

What the goddamn

bongmaster
Oct 16, 2022

by Azathoth

pentyne posted:

sounds like a happy ending i guess

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

pentyne posted:

:whitewater:

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

been thinking about the nintendo gaycube a lot lately

its good i like it. i should play eternal darkness again

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

What the goddamn

It's a lot of personal posts in the ladythread in byob so I didn't quote a lot of it directly, just the "wtf this guy is a tool" stuff

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Joey McChrist posted:

its good i like it. i should play eternal darkness again

Yeah me too

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
list of epic things:
the gamecube
the vita
RPGs

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

pentyne posted:

*Also Morgan Freeman Voice* this was knowledge I wish I never learned.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

dusk is one of the coolest fps games i have ever played

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

i got one of the anbernics thahts less powerful, but its tiny and has gba screen ratio for perfect gba. handheld emus ftw.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Dongicus posted:

dusk is one of the coolest fps games i have ever played

dusk, blood, doom and quake ftw

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

ninjahedgehog posted:

I read the original Groverhaus thread for the first time a few months back and what surprised me most was that there wasn't a single negative post in it. When/where did it actually attain its notoriety?

only later after it became possible to make fun of grover openly

my hot take: groverhouse isn't that bad. like its a weird DIY house but there's a lot of those out there, i think a lot of the criticism of groverhouse is just at this point third hand performatively keeping an old internet meme on life support for no real reason

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I was really disappointed and frustrated by the sybill disobedience souls thread because a good-faith, non-conspiratorial holistic exploration of the themes and storytelling techniques of fromsoft games would be very cool

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

it wouldnt

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i have 8 billion youtube channels to recommend you

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
pyf desperate attempt to become a youtuber [britvoice is appropriation]

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

I was really disappointed and frustrated by the sybill disobedience souls thread because a good-faith, non-conspiratorial holistic exploration of the themes and storytelling techniques of fromsoft games would be very cool

Someone working on it for 10 years is releasing a book. It covers only Dark Souls 1.

quote:

Abyssal Archive is the culmination of years of determined research and writing by veteran Souls scholar Lokey, who combined his understanding of Japanese and deep familiarity with Miyazaki’s oeuvre to mine unique insights from Dark Souls’ source material. All of that learning has been distilled in these two hardcover volumes for fans interested in deepening their understanding of Lordran’s tumultuous history as well as its characters’ exploits and tangled relationships.

It's going to cost $183.

https://www.tuneandfairweather.com/collections/abyssal-archive-pre-order-collection

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

dusk, blood, doom and quake ftw

This is Painkiller erasure

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Yeah there are a lot of cool Lore Facts channels and theories - I like Hawkshaw for having the most informed-by-myth-and-influences approach - but too many of them are bitesized tearjerker stuff like what Vaati puts out, or ENDING EXPLAINED crap for pudding-brains. What Lokey is putting out is absolutely more my speed but Jesus 180 dollars???

EDIT: okay there's gonna be epub and audio versions at a more reasonable price, I'm keeping an eye out.

DoctorWhat fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Nov 1, 2022

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

i think a lot of the criticism of groverhouse is just at this point third hand performatively keeping an old internet meme on life support for no real reason

A lot of the criticism was also that he built stairs that was pretty much designed to injure or possibly kill whoever walked on them.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

DoctorWhat posted:

Yeah there are a lot of cool Lore Facts channels and theories - I like Hawkshaw for having the most informed-by-myth-and-influences approach - but too many of them are bitesized tearjerker stuff like what Vaati puts out, or ENDING EXPLAINED crap for pudding-brains. What Lokey is putting out is absolutely more my speed but Jesus 180 dollars???

EDIT: okay there's gonna be epub and audio versions at a more reasonable price, I'm keeping an eye out.

:thanks:

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
just watch zullie op

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Zullie is great for sure but I'm way more interested in DS1 specifically than any of the other games and she's doing Elden Ring. Also she's text only and I wanna listen to stuff while I work.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Violen posted:

just watch zullie op

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

pentyne posted:

Tale as old as time...

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

bongmaster posted:

the problem with wondering why ducks aren't kept free range is that ducks domesticated for thousands of years are traditionally kept free range

Hahahaha, no poo poo. First thing I thought of was these critters https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6Ehoxu9QY8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

I got the tude now posted:

It’s Adequate and it’s greatest purpose is showing that gene Wolfe’s books are great because his prose is top tier bc everything they ganked from book of the new sun never rises above “that’s kind of cool”

gene wolfe and book of the new sun are incredible