Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I'm pretty sure the Enterprises are much like the interplanetary transports -- everybody has gone to warp on them, if you catch my drift

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Feldegast42 posted:

I'm pretty sure the Enterprises are much like the interplanetary transports -- everybody has gone to warp on them, if you catch my drift

So do they call it the Speed of Light Club in the future instead of the Mile High Club?

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

nine-gear crow posted:

So do they call it the Speed of Light Club in the future instead of the Mile High Club?

Warp 1 is already the speed of light so it's slower than gently caress. The thing to shoot for is the Warp 9 Club.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Insert clever warp ten salamander gently caress joke that I can't be bothered to come up with now. Something something, all points simultaneously, something.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Just got to the episode where a super soldier totally clowns the poo poo out of the Enterprise crew and then at the end of it Picard is like "gently caress it figure it out shitlords . " and then just beams off the planet.

loving great episode.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Hollismason posted:

Just got to the episode where a super soldier totally clowns the poo poo out of the Enterprise crew and then at the end of it Picard is like "gently caress it figure it out shitlords . " and then just beams off the planet.

loving great episode.

One of the few that also gives Troi a nice role as well. Sirtis is great in the scene where she’s talking to the guy in the brig.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Riker googling: warp bubble make your dick look bigger?

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Hollismason posted:

loving great episode.

I always loved the part where O'Brien just keeps calling for more security

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Riker googling: warp bubble make your dick look bigger?

"The complement of the Enterprise is Cmdr William Riker and his dick"

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Gotta recalibrate the inertial dampening and structural integrity fields every time Riker beams back onboard to account for the monster mass of his magnum dong

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

zoux posted:

"The complement of the Enterprise is Cmdr William Riker and his dick"

Riker spends his last moments alive loving the ship before the static warp bubble collapses and erases him from existence.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
“Busts so hard he retroactively never existed” is the only acceptable death for Riker. Picard writers take note.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Hollismason posted:

loving great episode.

James Cromwell ep

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

drat , The Offspring is such a good episode of TNG. Goddamn Star Trek Admirals loving things up. The part where Data goes to check on Lall at school and the teacher is like " Yeah uh she doesn't belong anywhere".

Its so sad. Just a banger of a episode but so drat sad.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Nov 10, 2022

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

HD DAD posted:

“Busts so hard he retroactively never existed” is the only acceptable death for Riker. Picard writers take note.

why do you think they call it the big bang?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Hollismason posted:

drat , The Offspring is such a good episode of TNG. Goddamn Star Trek Admirals loving things up.

You gotta keep 'em seperated

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Data's Kids Aren't Alright

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Picard's absolute exasperation at Data creating a child and he just buries his head in his hands is loving great.

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

Tunicate posted:

why do you think they call it the big bang?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYhL6d3BqyA

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Who is the bigger space chad?

Riker or Kirk (Shatner)?

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Delsaber posted:

Date B, bit of a rocky start but had some fun. Made some questionable choices in body mods. No idea where she ended up

Divorce C after a couple years, the marriage went very badly, far worse than is generally known

I like to think the Enterprise B had a long distinguished history with a perfect peace time service record (outside of that whole Nexus bit) and that's why no one talks about it, 'cause they kept it dirt fuckin' boring.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

MillennialVulcan posted:

I like to think the Enterprise B had a long distinguished history with a perfect peace time service record (outside of that whole Nexus bit) and that's why no one talks about it, 'cause they kept it dirt fuckin' boring.

That is basically Beta Canon re: the Enterprise-B, yes. "Boringly competent."

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Hollismason posted:

loving great episode.

In one of the Lower Decks episodes, Boimler is arguing with Mariner that Roga Danar is much cooler and deadlier than Khan and he is right.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

nine-gear crow posted:

That is basically Beta Canon re: the Enterprise-B, yes. "Boringly competent."

They really gotta do something official with that whole "lost era" period. One more big shot at those TOS movie styles, everyone in monster maroons, Excelsiors and Constellations and eventually Ambassadors flying around, maybe find out if Harriman kept the B or got failed upwards, maybe see something of the C that isn't death. It'd be a perfect setting for an anthology series same as that loose collection of Lost Era books. Some of those were pretty okay

In my head, Sulu's daughter eventually took command of the B and took her to the finish line, while Garrett had the C for her whole service history

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Delsaber posted:

They really gotta do something official with that whole "lost era" period. One more big shot at those TOS movie styles, everyone in monster maroons, Excelsiors and Constellations and eventually Ambassadors flying around, maybe find out if Harriman kept the B or got failed upwards, maybe see something of the C that isn't death. It'd be a perfect setting for an anthology series same as that loose collection of Lost Era books. Some of those were pretty okay

In my head, Sulu's daughter eventually took command of the B and took her to the finish line, while Garrett had the C for her whole service history

Was Garrett in command when the C got blown to hell defending Klingons from Romulans?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Everyone posted:

Was Garrett in command when the C got blown to hell defending Klingons from Romulans?

Yes, or maybe no. Depends on how time travel works.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Everyone posted:

She was in command when it answered the distress call, then it got pulled through a temporal rift halfway through, she died in an alternate future when the C was being attacked by alternate evil Klingons, then the C returned to the battle with Callisto and Tasha Yar in charge.

Callisto subsequently died and Tasha Yar had a rape baby, thus rendering her escape from Rape Gang Planet very ironic.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Nov 11, 2022

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

wesleywillis posted:

Spock

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

wesleywillis posted:

Riker or Kirk (Shatner)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyDOEbs5wso

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Woah

https://twitter.com/GeekToyLove/status/1094691352816697344

click through for more

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

MikeJF posted:

She was in command when it answered the distress call, then it got pulled through a temporal rift halfway through, she died in an alternate future when the C was being attacked by alternate evil Klingons, then the C returned to the battle with Callisto and Tasha Yar in charge.

Callisto subsequently died and Tasha Yar had a rape baby, thus rendering her escape from Rape Gang Planet very ironic.

Castillo. :eng101:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
*Castillo at 7 am, furtively looking if no one is paying attention to him at the replicator* computer, pieces of poo poo. Hot.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

What episode is this gif from anyway?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzUX_1jaO_I

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

I unironically love the Nova class and I love this size of ship. Another one of Voyager's huge misses on potential was the idea that the Intrepid class never felt as small as it was supposed to be, and it still ended up with TNG's ship of endless hallways and infinite expendable crew effect.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Paradoxish posted:

I unironically love the Nova class and I love this size of ship. Another one of Voyager's huge misses on potential was the idea that the Intrepid class never felt as small as it was supposed to be, and it still ended up with TNG's ship of endless hallways and infinite expendable crew effect.

Someone pointed out on the one-nacelle Enterprise-like ship that the crew complement was 200, with 20 officers. Meanwhile if you look at Voyager's crew, there were roughly 170 people and like 50 different lieutenants alone.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Snow Cone Capone posted:

What episode is this gif from anyway?

I wanna say it's from a leaked production video where they test costumes, hair and make-up.

edit: I wanna say I'm wrong and a fool

davidspackage fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Nov 11, 2022

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

davidspackage posted:

*Castillo at 7 am, furtively looking if no one is paying attention to him at the replicator* computer, pieces of poo poo. Hot.
...No.

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

MillennialVulcan posted:

Someone pointed out on the one-nacelle Enterprise-like ship that the crew complement was 200, with 20 officers. Meanwhile if you look at Voyager's crew, there were roughly 170 people and like 50 different lieutenants alone.

I feel like Voyager suffered from rank inflation - lots of people did heroic things that got them promoted from Ensign, but they couldn't be transferred to anywhere else or promoted to appropriate responsibilities, so you end up with the equivalent of the Lower Decks crew all being Lieutenants while still cleaning out the holodeck cum vats.