Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discount Dracula
Aug 15, 2003

Nap Ghost

TulliusCicero posted:

Holy poo poo, Garrison seems done with Trump

:siren::trumppop::siren:

Discount Dracula fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Nov 13, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Vire posted:

drat what the hell happened to millennials? I get that some of that is grouped with Gen X but drat only a few percent. I really though our generation was more progressive.

Stockholm syndrome, I’d guess. Maybe defeatism leading these people to do the “if you can’t beat them, join them” thing from years of abuse and shittiness at work.

Or it’s that my generation is a waste and we should just engineer a virus that gets rid of people my age and older. Probably for the best!

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

HKR posted:

LMAO 538 gave the WA-03 democrat a 2% chance

Nate stans which exist for some reason: “Well you see you’re too dumb to realize that a 2% chance is not the same as a 0% chance. Further, you’re too simple minded and see it as pure percent when what Nate does is break it down into possible scenarios and guess what this was one of the scenarios that happened so Nate is actually right”

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

funeral home DJ posted:

Stockholm syndrome, I’d guess. Maybe defeatism leading these people to do the “if you can’t beat them, join them” thing from years of abuse and shiftiness at work.

Or it’s that my generation is a waste and we should just engineer a virus that gets rid of people my age and older. Probably for the best!

Or we just mail in because we hate talking to boomers who hate us?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

More millennials didn’t vote because :effort: than swung from voting D to R since 2020.

Source: my own poll :awesome:

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020
what happened to the chick with the giant rack in nevada i think it was. like monster tattas if u know u know

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Exit polls, folks. Very inaccurate and unhelpful glimpses of the overall electorate beyond a few broad strokes. Wait until the 2022 postmortems to proclaim the death of millennial leftism.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Clearly Dems lost the house because of that darn AOC being too divisive

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
Was it this thread where some conspiracy nut R was saying Katie Hobbs was seen in the vote tabulation room?

But it's OK for Sarah Huckabee Sanders to be counting ballots? Hypocrite much?

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
I have voted most of my adult life in Calgary, Canada, and waited in line for 5 minutes one time. Every other time there was no wait at all. I can't imagine waiting in line for hours.

Go Demon Rats 2022!

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Wifi Toilet posted:

Was it this thread where some conspiracy nut R was saying Katie Hobbs was seen in the vote tabulation room?

SHS would be keeping one eye on the camera and one eye on the ballots. That's just efficiency.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

priznat posted:

Yup exactly. A R is judged to have won a debate when he/she hasn’t audibly shat their pants whereas a Dem lost it because they said the same word twice.

My understanding of high school debate is pretty shaky but it doesn't matter what you actually say so much as how you say it, right? So the right wing talking heads lean really heavy into HS debate tactics because if you just fire off a bunch of stuff that sounds smart to a dumb person really fast and act confident in it and load up too many points to be responded to, you've won. Hence Ben Shapiro "destroying with facts and logic" when an actual smart person tries to rebut thoughtfully. And all the idiots say :hmmyes: "those were many big words and he confirms my beliefs, astounding victory."

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Vire posted:

drat what the hell happened to millennials? I get that some of that is grouped with Gen X but drat only a few percent. I really though our generation was more progressive.

As a generation ages their demographics get more conservative. People wrongly think this is because people get more conservative as they age but according to a study a few years ago it turns out that conservative people live longer because they tend to have more money so are from safer areas and have access to more healthcare at an earlier age and through their life and so on.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Wifi Toilet posted:

Casting your ballots before swine.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

I have voted most of my adult life in Calgary, Canada, and waited in line for 5 minutes one time. Every other time there was no wait at all. I can't imagine waiting in line for hours.

Go Demon Rats 2022!

Apropos of nothing I really do wish that game had gotten a sequel.

Orc Priest
Jun 9, 2021

nooneofconsequence posted:

https://twitter.com/seattletimes/status/1591590855009521665

Rs primaried out an impeachment voter who would've won easily :lol:

https://twitter.com/ofchus/status/1591604479333384200

She did good. She did drat good!

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug

Strong Sauce posted:

I'm sorry guys but because Google Sheets is kind of poo poo and I don't have any other charting software, I won't be able to label all of this. This is just going to take too much time. I'm going to start looking into writing some software or try to use Google's updated Chart API for the future but this is it for now.
The yellow line is Elon's "Kitchen Sink" tweet.

A large majority of the lols during election night is after we found the chud twitter space as more and more favorable results came out.

Previous Graph:

also don't try to compare the two graphs too similarly since the timeframe is different. I initially wanted to chart out a week before the election, starting with Elon's tweet.

This is the kind of political analysis our country needs. Thanks for all your good work

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

its_my_birthday posted:

what happened to the chick with the giant rack in nevada i think it was. like monster tattas if u know u know

Michelle Fiore lost for state treasurer.

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

thin blue whine posted:

As a generation ages their demographics get more conservative. People wrongly think this is because people get more conservative as they age but according to a study a few years ago it turns out that conservative people live longer because they tend to have more money so are from safer areas and have access to more healthcare at an earlier age and through their life and so on.

Hey I was class of 2000! The geriatric bit about us is true! I vote Dems and haven't ever missed a ballot!

Now let me be aged and grumpy in peace!

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020

do u think she needs to be consoled

Orc Priest
Jun 9, 2021
Exit polls can indeed be very inaccurate but anecdotally pretty much every time I see some miserable loser on social media trying to convince people not to vote it's an older millennial :shrug:

Gen Z isn't stupid so they're not buying into that poo poo.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Go Demon Rats 2022!

We fill our ballots out at home and drop them in a box near the library.

Then we get baked because California respects my drat time and freedom.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

not sure if this lol got posted already

Judge fines Trump lawyers in Clinton case thrown out in September

quote:

A federal judge on Thursday fined lawyers for former president Donald Trump more than $66,000 and admonished them for filing frivolous and baseless claims in Trump’s defamation case against Hillary Clinton and her allies, stemming from the 2016 presidential election.

The fines levied by Judge Donald M. Middlebrooks, a President Bill Clinton appointee in the Southern District of Florida, include a $50,000 sanction to the court and an additional $16,274.23 payment to one of the 29 defendants in the case, Charles Dolan, for expenses he incurred as a result of the suit, which the judge dismissed in September.

The defamation suit accused 2016 Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton and her allies of harming Trump with an orchestrated plan to spread false information that his campaign colluded with Russia. Middlebrooks, in dismissing the suit in September, had written that there were “glaring structural deficiencies in the plaintiff’s argument.”

Two of the Trump lawyers — Alina Habba and Peter Ticktin — signaled that they would appeal.

“We attempted to right a wrong, and our reward is a kick in the teeth,” Ticktin said in an email. “Ultimately, this will be decided by a panel of three judges of the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals, as we believe that the dismissal and the sanctions which followed will ultimately be reversed.”

The other lawyers, Michael T. Madaio and Jamie Alan Sasson, did not immediately respond to email messages from The Post.

The fines are the latest legal setback for Trump. Federal officials are investigating him for taking sensitive government documents after leaving the White House, and officials in Manhattan are scrutinizing the financial records of his sprawling real estate business. Last month a federal judge in a separate case said Trump signed legal documents that he knew included false voter fraud numbers

The fines also come as Republicans and conservative media outlets have openly blamed Trump for Republicans underperforming in Tuesday’s midterm elections, which Trump had hoped would demonstrate his electoral clout ahead of an expected announcement next week that he would run for president in 2024.

In the lawsuit, Trump’s lawyers had inaccurately described Dolan in court papers as a former chairman of the Democratic National Committee, a senior official in the Clinton campaign and a close associate and adviser of Clinton. Trump’s lawsuit also accused Dolan, a public relations executive, of helping create a “dossier” of false information intended to smear Trump.

In response, a lawyer for Dolan demanded that his client be removed from the lawsuit, noting in court papers that Dolan did not participate in the creation of the dossier, had never been a chairman of the DNC, and said that his role in the campaign was, as Middlebrooks wrote, “limited to knocking on doors as a volunteer.”

Clinton, through a spokesperson, denied even knowing him, Middlebrooks wrote.

Trump’s lawyers then amended their complaint but did not substantively change their claims about Dolan, the judge wrote. The amended complaint referred to Dolan as a former chairman of a “national Democratic political organization,” and a “senior Clinton campaign official,” Middlebrooks wrote. Criticisms about this amended complaint were “unheeded,” the judge wrote.

In levying the fines against Trump’s lawyers, Middlebrooks cited Rule 11 of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure which, the judge wrote, is meant to deter “attorneys and litigants from clogging federal courts with frivolous filings.”

Middlebrooks wrote that penalties under that rule are necessary when a party files a pleading “that has no reasonable factual basis,” is “based on a legal theory that has no reasonable chance of success,” or when a pleading is filed “in bad faith.”

“Here, all three are true,” Middlebrooks wrote. Later, he added, “The pleadings in this case contained factual allegations that were either knowingly false or made in reckless disregard for the truth.”

As an example, Middlebrooks highlighted a detail presented by Trump’s lawyers that said Dolan was a resident of Florida. Dolan’s lawyer noted his client was a resident of Virginia and did not do any campaign work in Florida.

Trump’s lawyers responded, bizarrely, in the amended complaint that Dolan was a resident of New York and that “Charles Dolan is an incredibly common name, and Plaintiff’s counsel’s traditional search methods identified countless individuals with said name across the country, many of whom reside in New York.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/11/11/trump-clinton-lawyers/

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Go Demon Rats 2022!

I'm 41 now and my first vote was at 19 because there wasn't an election until then. I think I missed 2 votes in my life. One because I was in my early 20s and didn't know about primaries, and another because I had the flu and couldn't make it to the polling place. Now the second my mail in ballot comes in I fill it out and mail it out the same day (or the day after if I need to look up the ballot questions and such.)

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

nooneofconsequence posted:

https://twitter.com/seattletimes/status/1591590855009521665

Rs primaried out an impeachment voter who would've won easily :lol:

This can't be stressed enough. The Rep that was primaried out had won their last five elections. Just fuckin' :lol: forever at this.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Just found out I’m 7 years older than Blake Masters :psyboom:

Like, I honestly though dude was in his mid-50s. He was born in 1986 :wtf:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You Are A Elf posted:

Just found out I’m 7 years older than Blake Masters :psyboom:

Like, I honestly though dude was in his mid-50s. He was born in 1986 :wtf:

So you're about the same age as Ron Desantis.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pusZXECS0mM

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Were all of these posted yet? lol

A soothing salve in any time, watching Trump be owned

LordoftheScheisse
Jan 16, 2016
https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/status/1591615275652087808

Let's loving go

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZAQBG4Qbt8

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1591615868877799430

:lol:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

It’s called, Dems control the Senate

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

eat poo poo republicans lmao

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

lmaoooo can't wait for the gop to learn absolutely jack poo poo from this election and triple down on all their shittiness

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

HKR posted:

eat poo poo republicans lmao

__:jackbud:
:metis:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

haljordan posted:

lmaoooo can't wait for the gop to learn absolutely jack poo poo from this election and triple down on all their shittiness

Yeah… oh well.

Scruffyhawk
Jun 30, 2005

FHNNNNNNN
Ramrod XTreme

Toxic Mental posted:

Were all of these posted yet? lol

A soothing salve in any time, watching Trump be owned

Is it just me or is this kind of poo poo not getting any real coverage like it did around the 2020 election? It seems like few outlets or whatever are giving this the time of day this time around.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Welp its the best outcome but I wish they still controlled the House, but maybe in 2 years things will change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

RED WAVE!!!!!!!