Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Guavanaut posted:

Missed this one from war christmas

https://twitter.com/Warhammer_Art/status/1591007835780939781

I love the way they parody fascism and martial fetishism, right?

Worth noting this isn't their main social twitter, looks like a company licensed to print artbooks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

smellmycheese posted:

Ex minister now admits the fantastic post Brexit deal Truss signed with Australia was a load of dogshit due to her incompetence

https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/status/1592208294684557312

Amazed that the massive brainpower of Liz Truss couldn't match wits with experienced trade negotiators

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Guavanaut posted:

Missed this one from war christmas

https://twitter.com/Warhammer_Art/status/1591007835780939781

I love the way they parody fascism and martial fetishism, right?

Interesting that they used a chapter that half turned traitor and now spends most of it's time hunting down and purging its embarrassing past.

Also they're a chapter of men wearing skirts with a deep dark secret.

They could've just used some bog standard Smurfs for rah rah honoure reasons.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Only chapter I respect are the magpies.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Z the IVth posted:

They could've just used some bog standard Smurfs for rah rah honoure reasons.
I did slightly (very slightly) wonder if I was looking at an nth level deep parody of "We must honour all troops, even the 14th Warcrimes Division" rhetoric but I don't trust anything brand related that isn't part of twitter chaos week to be that aware.

e: ^ Their colour scheme means they're always wearing the poppy for maximum respect. Unlike that traitor plastic spaceman! :mad:

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Nov 14, 2022

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

People tend to be like "you need to make me understand how this stuff affects your abilities" and then "well let's focus on what you're to do to prevent this stuff affecting anyone around you", and then when I'm determined to have failed in that respect, it's back to treating me with exhaustion and contempt. It saves a lot of time to just let people assume that I'm lazy or uninterested or whatever.

Heh, eternal truth there. I have generations of data because... well, my family are autistic enough to record it all... and I can confirm this just keeps happening, way outside the scale where individuals are relevant. I'm a witch! From generations of witches! Because it's impossible to explain what we actually do and people get all angry about it anyway.

I'm naturally aggro so my chosen mask is also aggro, so I can still keep it on when overwhelmed, and a bonus is it's so funny when normal people just don't get what I'm doing, and fellow autistic folk go "oh... well, that's the most perverse thing I've ever heard, congratulations".

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Guavanaut posted:

I did slightly (very slightly) wonder if I was looking at an nth level deep parody of "We must honour all troops, even the 14th Warcrimes Division" rhetoric but I don't trust anything brand related that isn't part of twitter chaos week to be that aware.

e: ^ Their colour scheme means they're always wearing the poppy for maximum respect. Unlike that traitor plastic spaceman! :mad:

They can always go full poppy

You never go full poppy.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Hang those who robot arm wank the poppy.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I spilled tea on my foot and now there's a blister :(

I don't even loving drink tea, it was for my mum

This is the most British way I've ever hurt myself

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Best practice I find is to use a needle to drain it from the very edge, then dunk it in surgical spirits to harden the skin back up, usually lasts long enough to form a new skin layer so it doesn't knack when it peels.

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

HopperUK posted:

The tea is taking revenge for you shunning it.

Years ago I burnt my arm falling into my oven whilst baking someone else a birthday cake. Seeing the candles lit felt like the cake was mocking me.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

Best practice
:same: but drain the edge, insert a small amount of lidocaine, dress with Lugol's iodine, and bind it like gently caress with swimmers plasters and/or bandages until the skin decides to stick back on for a few weeks, which is enough to do the same.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Bobby Deluxe posted:

There are other terms - Autigender is an odd one that's been popping up on twitter a lot, which is a term for how a higher proportion of autistic people report feeling disconnected from their gender, in the same way some autistic people report feeling disconnected from their emotions. Not sure how I feel about the aesthetics of the word, and there's some crossover with agender, but it's an interesting idea.

Huh. I'm not keen on the term, but I feel remarkably seen by the concept. More evidence that I'm on the spectrum I guess, though I can't imagine bothering to jump through all the hoops for a formal diagnosis at my age.

Mind you I've also found recent talk about ADHD traits unnervingly relatable and rather intriguing...

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

HopperUK posted:

I know of a goon whose central heating had busted so she was carrying a giant pot of hot water upstairs for her mum to have a bath and tripped. She woke up in the burn ward.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
:stonk:

I have steep terraced house stairs so I'd honestly rather use something like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxwpTx4OTMY

or
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIUJWIT9GrU

or anything else that big clive has knocked together or got off ebay than try to carry boiling water up it in anything larger than a cup of tea.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Guavanaut posted:

relevant:

that laundry pile looks comfortable as heck with itself :yaycloud:

Something something Neutrons are the only gender neutral particle something something

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Runcible Cat posted:

Huh. I'm not keen on the term, but I feel remarkably seen by the concept. More evidence that I'm on the spectrum I guess, though I can't imagine bothering to jump through all the hoops for a formal diagnosis at my age.

Mind you I've also found recent talk about ADHD traits unnervingly relatable and rather intriguing...

The ADHD thread in EN will happily host any amount of 'wait you all do that too?' conversation :)

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Douglas4Moray/status/1592166667051798528

That's a really loving awkward photo. lol

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Nov 15, 2022

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

would be way worse without the pouch tbf

Mebh
May 10, 2010

If we're competing for most British injury I once sprained my wrist on a pork pie.

Also 2am again. Dammit. One day I'll go to bed during the week. But it's so lovely and quiet =(

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

"Now, Andrew said to bring him something back, which one..."

franco
Jan 3, 2003
I burned my hand with boiling cooking oil nearly 2 months back. I'm pretty sure I haven't screamed since childhood but the neighbours must've thought I was being murdered I was shrieking so loudly. On the plus side, I got to watch them perform a skin graft on it - they use a machine that's a bit like what you'd slice doner kebab meat with! Chicks dig scars amirite?

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

never drain blisters, they heal way better left alone. No idea why people do that!

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Better out than in, I say. I apply this principle to every facet of life

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/onionweigher/status/1591838859616456704?s=46&t=uCwIMJqhfKDyd7_hu1lbMw

lol pwned

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012
Hello UKMT.

Energychat: I’m with OVO. I pay £123/month. I am +£300 in credit, because I use less than they estimate. I’m pretty good at checking in with meter readings every month (but not perfect).

They reckon I’ll be -£102 in a years’ time, and want to increase my direct debit to £132. I don’t want them to do this because all of their calculations have shown that I use less than they think.

Apparently if I do nothing, they’ll change it. Or I can change it in the app. Or I can make a lump sum payment. I don’t want to do any of these things until I know I have to.

Is there a way to just… not? To keep it the same? Are there magic words I can say to a support agent?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Is that 123 a month after the energy rebate has been applied?

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Direct debits require user consent to change. Being told it will change and not objecting counts as consent. Literally email back "I do not consent to you changing my direct debt"

EON have tried this on me twice and I'm actually in debt to them, and they've backed down both times still.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Shell do it to me every year and every year I change it back and every year I end up in credit.

This year it’s less likely because of all The Happenings but still.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Jeherrin posted:

Hello UKMT.

Energychat: I’m with OVO. I pay £123/month. I am +£300 in credit, because I use less than they estimate. I’m pretty good at checking in with meter readings every month (but not perfect).

They reckon I’ll be -£102 in a years’ time, and want to increase my direct debit to £132. I don’t want them to do this because all of their calculations have shown that I use less than they think.

Apparently if I do nothing, they’ll change it. Or I can change it in the app. Or I can make a lump sum payment. I don’t want to do any of these things until I know I have to.

Is there a way to just… not? To keep it the same? Are there magic words I can say to a support agent?

You are using less than they estimate because we've had unseasonably warm weather combined with the summer months.

The direct debit amount is meant to smooth out December/Jan/Feb/March. Current projections are that the dual fuel bill for an average home in January will be £400. There is also another price rise in January to contend with so your £300 credit will be completely wiped out after winter, then build back up again over the summer.

To answer your question you can definitely tell them to keep it the same. Just be prepared to fork out a large amount of cash at the end of your contract to correct the balance.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Mebh posted:

If we're competing for most British injury I once sprained my wrist on a pork pie.
As a kid, I was run over by a rag and bone cart.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

jiggerypokery posted:

never drain blisters, they heal way better left alone. No idea why people do that!
Depending on where they are they will hurt much more wearing clothes over it and will probably pop at a time not of your choosing and get burn wee on your clothes, then the top bit of skin will probably flap around and come off and everything will get much worse.

At least binding it after the first day or two stops that.

Going around in an atmospheric diving suit full of emollient cream might be a better option than either, but that sounds like it might be true for life in general.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

serious gaylord posted:

You are using less than they estimate because we've had unseasonably warm weather combined with the summer months.

The direct debit amount is meant to smooth out December/Jan/Feb/March. Current projections are that the dual fuel bill for an average home in January will be £400. There is also another price rise in January to contend with so your £300 credit will be completely wiped out after winter, then build back up again over the summer.

To answer your question you can definitely tell them to keep it the same. Just be prepared to fork out a large amount of cash at the end of your contract to correct the balance.

Thank you for this actually sensible answer. So many people just knee jerk to receiving a DD increase and don't actually look at why it might be happening in the first place.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Payndz posted:

It's a toss between a glancing blow from a badly thrown welly at a village fete, and as a child getting ran over by a rogue Morris dancer going for an outfield cricket ball. Everybody was pissed at the time, obviously, or it wouldn't be a folk tradition.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Payndz posted:

Did you grow up in the 1920s?

Clarence
May 3, 2012

sebzilla posted:

Did you grow up in the 1920s?

I remember them being around in the 70s.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

Aphex- posted:

Thank you for this actually sensible answer. So many people just knee jerk to receiving a DD increase and don't actually look at why it might be happening in the first place.

I know how the DD smoothing works, thanks. I have always, consistently, even with years of giving them meter readings every month, used less than they estimate for my household. I don't know what their metrics are based on (people who don't own sweaters?) but every time they've increased my DD they end up going 'oh wow you have hundreds in credit' by about April and then they put it down again, so this year I was thinking I might just skip the dance.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Most British injury would either involve a cheese wheel or being murdered by your own vengeful Brythonic shadow.
https://twitter.com/ultrapeakschris/status/1591872052805660672

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Clarence posted:

I remember them being around in the 70s.

Hell, there's still a rag and bone van that goes around my area, they yell out for stuff and everything. Mind you it's a shithole that I'll be leaving as soon as I'm within breathing distance of my six month minimum term so that doesn't surprise me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

Shell keep trying to raise mine too, but keep changing their minds. First they put it up to £190, then £233 (which seems accurate based on my annual energy usage and current pricing), a few weeks back tried for £360 (!), then recently £250. I’ve set it back to £233 since I am using fewer kWh than last year (better loft insulation and more sensible usage) and have always ended up in credit in the past. If I have to correct a balance later, fine, but would rather not give them an interest-free loan if hundreds of pounds.