Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

BoldFace posted:

There are other Wakanda cards that are meant to buff cards in your hand like Black Panther.

Specifically they buff cards you haven't played yet. Shuri is only datamined, but she currently has the ability of her lab - she doubles the power of the next card you play.

Beyond that there aren't any themes yet that extend beyond two cards/locations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hood's awesome. There are a few locations where having him works, but you also have Beast/Falcon to get a demon and then pull him back out, or Carnage turns him into a buff, or Killmonger just deals with him if you have a destroy deck. He's in a couple of my decks I don't regret him at all

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Lol I just hit 80 playing this weird rear end deck

# (1) Iron Fist
# (1) Nightcrawler
# (2) Kraven
# (2) Multiple Man
# (2) Cloak
# (3) Doctor Strange
# (3) Vulture
# (3) Hulkbuster
# (3) Kingpin
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (5) Aero
# (6) Heimdall
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiS3JhdmVuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNdWx0aXBsZU1hbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2xvYWsifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRvY3RvclN0cmFuZ2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlZ1bHR1cmUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikh1bGtidXN0ZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Iklyb25GaXN0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaGFuZ0NoaSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTmlnaHRjcmF3bGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBZXJvIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJLaW5ncGluIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJIZWltZGFsbCJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Ideal case is be ahead on board then aero t6 on kingpin’s square and wipe out the other side’s turn but this is pretty rare. Aero loving rules, I just used her to gently caress up someone trying to set off a Wong combo, she can do all kinds of great stuff. Heimdall and general move shenanigans is the back up but I think I won most games just having the other side think I was going to move everyone on T6 and then Aeroing them instead.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Jedit posted:

It's less bad than it sounds. Even as F2P if you just do your dailies you get an average 5100 credits a week, which is good for over 100 levels. And that's excluding the free Season Pass benefits and credit/gold rewards from boxes when you whiff on a card. Typically you should be getting a card every day from CL500 to 1000 and every other day after that. For perspective: I bought Season Passes 2 to 5, but with that as my only spend I got 90% of Pool 3 in less than 3 months.

Apparently it takes about 5 months for a F2P player to get a full collection. If you spend a modest amount, i.e. the welcome package and season passes, that goes down a few weeks, and if you spend the maximum you can (a thousand bucks+), it's a bit more than a month.

You also have to play a lot of Snap during this time to get all the boosters you need, so there's no way at all to get a full collection with just money.

Source, this Jeff Hoogland video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY-Kbf1gzfs

That sounds fairly reasonable I think. Sure, it takes some time to get all the cards, but if you're in it for the long haul, 5 months isn't that long at all.

I'm just wondering how they will adjust once they start introducing newer cards at a higher tempo. Eventually they'll switch to about 1 per week and they'll need to find a way for newer players to catch up in a reasonable time without breaking the bank.

Pretty hard to balance something like this. Nobody wants P2W, but that's kind of the nature of card games, and the second you gate progress behind something else (i.e. time), everybody starts crying that they want to be able to pay to bypass it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

uXs posted:

everybody starts crying that they want to be able to pay to bypass it.
ha. I have spent 100s of hours shitposting about f2p games and have never heard this complaint.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

given the hearthstone background I imagine they’d use a similar system where they move cards out of circulation in the “normal” mode as new cards are introduced, so there’s a set number of cards you have to collect at any given time if you want to play competitively.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Five months of playing ten minutes a day is absolutely nothing for a full collection. Idk what the long-term angle is because this is just too good.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

I've been playing the Kazoo deck to very good effect all weekend. Played a handful of games this morning (6 or 7) and literally 3 times I played against people who had enchantress and played her on turn 6. Game winning strategy, I dig it. It's the hard counter for this deck. Needless to say, I lose by a nose.

But the thing is, I don't think that's happened to me 3 times all weekend. I admit there could have been a repeat opponent with matchmaking, I'm still having coffee. Or is it that I have been winning so much I'm getting better players who know to hold onto Enchantress, knowing that Kazoo is super successful? Or is it just poo poo luck? I've done enough gaming to know that if you play enough, you're going to get weird little low probability situations, it could be this, too.

Could be the game is telling me to try out a new deck.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Assume you are playing Kazar and BM on two separate locations? That’s basically all you can do, yeah

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

It seems like I was only getting one or the other, or bishop really late. In the past I've had good luck with only having Kazar or BM, but not today lol

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Quackles posted:

My start-of-Pool-3 Jubilee deck is as follows:

Domino [To have a guaranteed play in the starting turns, while not diluting draws later. Originally I was playing Domino and Quicksilver to synergize with Captain America but I took Quicksilver out to stick in Killmonger instead. See below.]

Captain America [To buff a location with many bodies on board. Possibly better with Quicksilver for 1/2/3 curve but still good otherwise.]
Storm [Gets the opponent's attention, can lock down a location they're not at, removes obnoxious location abilities, etc., etc.]
Hulk Buster [In addition to being a solid body, if this is pulled by Jubilee, it frees up a slot for you to potentially play something on turn 5 and Odin on turn 6 and get a 4th pull.]
Killmonger [You'll usually hit something with him. We play no 1-drops, so we can always play him at no risk to ourselves. And it feels great if your opponent relies on him. Double-able with Odin.]
Wave [Lets you cheat out big drops, and can sometimes bait opponent to play their Devil Dino, etc., early so you know what to respond to. You can also roll over the battlecry with Odin played next turn. There's an alternate win condition here to lock down decks that play many cards as a pseudo-Sandman.]

Jessica Jones [A good card with big stats.]
Jubilee [One of the key cards in the deck. Pulls out anything between good and great value. If she pulls Odin, the effect happens twice!]

Spider-Woman [Good stats, scaling up to a 5/11 if we play her opposite a full board. Double-able with Odin, too.]
White Tiger [Since we don't run Nightcrawler, we need some way to sneak into locations like Sanctum Sanctorum, Storm's Flooded area, etc. White Tiger is it. We'll be playing her with Odin a lot.]

Hulk [A big stick who wins games. Drop him to claim a location. That's it. Hilarious when pulled by Jubilee. Just... watch out for Shang-Chi, OK?]
Odin [Synergizes with a bunch of stuff in the deck. A good alternate finisher.]

This has a surprisingly low curve for a Jubilee deck. There are only 4 cards that you are super happy pulling with Jubilee. And many of the others read "take up two card slots, gain 4 power".

I tried White Tiger but because you often want to win a particular pair of lanes with this deck, I found it underwhelming hoping that the tiger would go where I want it. For me, Vision offers more controllable utility with the ability to move into unoccupied lanes and had won me quite a few games.

I've become a big fan of Morph and White Queen partially because they sometimes RNG you an overpowered card but mostly because they give you a lot of information about what your opponent is working with.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

My Move deck and Discard/destroy deck have been deeply underperforming so I have moved back to my “BIG HANDS” deck where everything draws a card, is stronger from card draw, or has art of a character with big hands

quote:

# (1) Agent 13
# (1) Mantis
# (2) The Collector
# (2) Cable
# (2) Sentinel
# (3) Morph
# (3) Mister Fantastic
# (4) Moon Girl
# (4) White Queen
# (5) Devil Dinosaur
# (5) Klaw
# (6) Hulk

Currently gold which is good enough for me

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

uXs posted:

I'm just wondering how they will adjust once they start introducing newer cards at a higher tempo. Eventually they'll switch to about 1 per week and they'll need to find a way for newer players to catch up in a reasonable time without breaking the bank.

They already said that Pools 4 and 5 won't be obtained from the ladder, but rather from Collection Tokens that you'll get in place of boosters from boxes. So you'll complete Pools 1 and 2 as you do now in a couple of weeks, then you'll start gathering Pool 3 from the ladder and Pool 4 from the shop. Once you complete Pool 4, you'll move on to Pool 5.

Players who have full collections now will only be gathering Pool 4 and then 5, but they will have a slightly higher rate of acquisition on tokens because they're no longer collecting cards. It will also be slightly quicker for newer players as they will start gathering their tokens at an earlier stage.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Bread Set Jettison posted:

My Move deck and Discard/destroy deck have been deeply underperforming so I have moved back to my “BIG HANDS” deck where everything draws a card, is stronger from card draw, or has art of a character with big hands

Currently gold which is good enough for me

I run something similar, but there’s zero opportunity to play Moon Girl with it, my hand is always like 5 or 6 cards by the time I could play her. Does he do anything in your deck?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Got absolutely blown out earlier today by a big brain play. I'm playing my usual Ka-Zar thing, Bishop etc, until T6 where we've both snapped. We play our cards, opponent plays something and Sunspot, I dump the ones, and am narrowly winning middle... Until Sunspot eats the leftover energy and I lose 2-1. Not even mad, respect to that person.

Up 6 cubes overall today so far, not much. Luck's played a bit of a role, so overall not too terrible, just gotta learn. Deck's still going strong, and my booster luck has changed, got Angela up from common to split finally, and been getting Elektra boosters regularly.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

fischtick posted:

I run something similar, but there’s zero opportunity to play Moon Girl with it, my hand is always like 5 or 6 cards by the time I could play her. Does he do anything in your deck?

I mean moon girl is worth her cost if all you really do is clone Dino and nothing more. Ive also played her turn 6 (with other 1-2 cost cards), so Dino stays big and collector gets a buff.

Moon girl rules

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Serperoth posted:

Got absolutely blown out earlier today by a big brain play. I'm playing my usual Ka-Zar thing, Bishop etc, until T6 where we've both snapped. We play our cards, opponent plays something and Sunspot, I dump the ones, and am narrowly winning middle... Until Sunspot eats the leftover energy and I lose 2-1. Not even mad, respect to that person.

Up 6 cubes overall today so far, not much. Luck's played a bit of a role, so overall not too terrible, just gotta learn. Deck's still going strong, and my booster luck has changed, got Angela up from common to split finally, and been getting Elektra boosters regularly.

Elektra is the MVP for strategically killing things like Sunspot and Ant-Man. Or a big Rocket Raccoon. Obviously no guarantee if they play it on 6, but even then you're 50/50 on getting him.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

I might need to rethink my deck. With white queen and Cabal, I’m often pulling t6 cards, which I already have covered. If I short myself those “end game” cards I’d have more cards to play early and more opportunities to play Moon Girl.

Game good.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

fischtick posted:

I might need to rethink my deck. With white queen and Cabal, I’m often pulling t6 cards, which I already have covered. If I short myself those “end game” cards I’d have more cards to play early and more opportunities to play Moon Girl.

Game good.

Emma is less about having the card yourself and more about knowing what your opponent has in their hand

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

fischtick posted:

Game good.
I don't think hulk fits your deck. Chavez is usually run in moon girl decks (for good reason). Lets you keep WQ around too.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Opopanax posted:

Emma is less about having the card yourself and more about knowing what your opponent has in their hand

By turn 4 you should already have a pretty good idea what they have, so the information value of this is quite low.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

uXs posted:

By turn 4 you should already have a pretty good idea what they have, so the information value of this is quite low.
I don't think that's true a lot of the time. WQ can find iron mans and klaws in random decks. Sure finding Heimdall isnt that useful but thats an extreme example. Also WQ grabs dino in 50% of pool 2 matchups which is really freakin good when your own deck is a dino deck.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

No Wave posted:

I don't think hulk fits your deck. Chavez is usually run in moon girl decks (for good reason). Lets you keep WQ around too.

The only reason I run hulk on my deck because I’m committing to the bit. Chavez is great if only to passively improve draws.

I’ve toyed with finding a way to utilize all the “draw on turn X” card to ensure I almost always draw specific cards for some combo

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

doingitwrong posted:

This has a surprisingly low curve for a Jubilee deck...

Pretty much. I have seen some greedy lists out there, but I admit I'm not ready to go all in on Jubilee synergy because if she doesn't appear then I'd be stuck playing just
4-5-6. (Yes, there are lists that just do 4-5-6 with Jubilee.)

I haven't quite squared this circle yet, but I'll keep tinkering. Vision has been pretty good, though.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

This game is so good and balanced that even really strong decks with lots of sneaky tricks and ways to buff cards can lose to a well placed turn 6 hulk.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Bread Set Jettison posted:

This game is so good and balanced that even really strong decks with lots of sneaky tricks and ways to buff cards can lose to a well placed turn 6 hulk.

Hulk is great card design for an early unlock in that it establishes a clear baseline of "here's how much raw power you can get from a 6-drop without any drawbacks or conditions" -- and while lots of times you'll want something trickier than Hulk in your deck, sometimes the trickiest thing you can do is play Hulk.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Opopanax posted:

I learned today she can pull the 0 cost card earned from filling up The Raft. A free Hulk to drop on the final turn? Oh, you shouldn't have!

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

No Wave posted:

It's apparently edited text from an Al Pacino movie. Way too long and no one even knows that speech.

I will not tolerate this Any Given SNAPday erasure.

godogg
Dec 29, 2008

Jedit posted:

Specifically they buff cards you haven't played yet. Shuri is only datamined, but she currently has the ability of her lab - she doubles the power of the next card you play.

Beyond that there aren't any themes yet that extend beyond two cards/locations.

There's a theme across a few Inhumans that have On Reveal abilities if you play them in the center location (Medusa, Crystal, Quake), but then other Inhumans (Black Bolt, Maximus, Lockjaw) don't.

I am a huge fan of Doom being a big version of Squirrel Girl, considering their history

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Mierenneuker posted:

I learned today she can pull the 0 cost card earned from filling up The Raft. A free Hulk to drop on the final turn? Oh, you shouldn't have!

I hate the Raft, it absolutely fucks my Kazoo deck that would prefer not to even have 4 cards out on turn 5. The locations with card draw though, those are the best. Or Bar Sinister when I can put Blue Marvel on it.

Just checked the stats on the no-Shang-Chi version of the deck and it's 40/60 wins/losses, but with 92 net cubes. So it generally loses small (I just retreat when I don't have it, unless it's marginal and nobody snapped), but wins big.

The version with Shang-Chi actually has better stats, but I have to wonder if that's because that was about 20 ranks lower.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Memnaelar posted:

I will not tolerate this Any Given SNAPday erasure.

:respek:

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

People are pretty impatient. I get a lot of opponents Snapping early because they assume I'm taking long to play because I'm confused but if bros just chilled they'd keep their cubes.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Are the Fast Upgrades in the shop worth buying?

No. Don't do this. Credits are the bottleneck currency. Boosters are easier to come by.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Nov 15, 2022

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Opopanax posted:

Hood's awesome. There are a few locations where having him works, but you also have Beast/Falcon to get a demon and then pull him back out, or Carnage turns him into a buff, or Killmonger just deals with him if you have a destroy deck. He's in a couple of my decks I don't regret him at all

Right now I play a deck with moon girl and death.

Nothing more satisfying like dropping double demon and double death on turn 6. 40 power in a single turn is brutal.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I got handed a the Destroyer and a bunch of synergistic cards almost immediately upon getting into pool 3 and it's real fun to drop that big dumb motherfucker into a lane after making a bunch of plays that look like I'm running the world's most confused Carnage deck.

# (1) Zero
# (1) Ebony Maw
# (2) Bucky Barnes
# (2) Psylocke
# (2) Armor
# (2) Colossus
# (2) Wolverine
# (3) Cosmo
# (4) Warpath
# (5) Hobgoblin
# (5) Professor X
# (6) Destroyer

There's a ton of ways to either negate Destroyer's downside or turn it into an upside, but Psylocke on turn four, Destroyer on five, and Warpath on six to take advantage of a now empty lane is my favorite. Stuff like Zero into Ebony Maw into Professor X is also great for securing lanes.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

uXs posted:

Elektra is the MVP for strategically killing things like Sunspot and Ant-Man. Or a big Rocket Raccoon. Obviously no guarantee if they play it on 6, but even then you're 50/50 on getting him.

Oh yeah I love her sniping just these. Haven't seen any Ebony Maw players but I imagine he'd be another fun target, one-card eight-power swing before bonuses.
I've also got some appreciation for Squirrel Girl, she may not trigger Bishop and Angela extra, but the extra dude to give you some more Ant-Man flexibility is much appreciated.

Speaking of Angela, I've actually found her to be less impressive than I thought initially. Not many contenders for the spot tho, the only ones that come to mind would be Medusa, Armor, or Okoye, with the latter probably being the best of the three, but only if you get her out on time before you've drawn too much. Kraven could mess with move decks, but is otherwise useless, Scarlet Witch is rarely something you want to play on curve, Beast as well.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I feel like the shop should have a “one pixel variant at a time” limit

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

First three pool 3 cards are Drax, Moon Knight and Psylocke.

Drax feels like a throwaway since I don't really do guardians decks and even then he feels like he's out performed by other cards from the group (not even counting Gamora).

I have no idea what to do with Moon Knight. Seems like a decent card if you have a garbage hand but that's so loving situational it never seems worth it.

Psylocke at least has been a good slide in to my destroy deck. T1 Nova. T2 Psylocke. T3 Bucky & Carnage for a fast 16 on a location.

If anyone has other good suggestions for these three, I'm open to them.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Opopanax posted:

I feel like the shop should have a “one pixel variant at a time” limit

Make it zero and we'll talk.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
God I love snapping. What a great creation. There's so much mind games behind it and you can totally tell when people's snaps fail right out from under them. Just Scarlet Witched a Fisk Tower in my move deck right after a control deck Scarlet Witched into Fisk Tower with an instant snap. Feels so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

My god this game need a mulligan option but also the rounds are so short so I guess whatever