Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

Paracaidas posted:

Nobody has a falchion this season.

Didn’t they do “daggers” for a Vox Machina version?

Even if it had “cultural insensitivity” issues, I vastly prefer the original video for “It’s Thursday Night” than the rotoscoped animated one; it felt like it actually fit the song, and allowed space for the guests to appear too. The animated one feels too out of place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Antitonic posted:

Even if it had “cultural insensitivity” issues, I vastly prefer the original video for “It’s Thursday Night” than the rotoscoped animated one; it felt like it actually fit the song, and allowed space for the guests to appear too. The animated one feels too out of place.
Yep on the enthusiastic guitars version to promote their kickstarter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23_k24VRR60

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Speaking of, this just popped up today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeB6ZQn4tUU

Edit: It's not a huge amount of stuff redone, mostly they added Kingsley and Ukutoa scenes into it

Keru fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Nov 23, 2022

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Keru posted:

Speaking of, this just popped up today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeB6ZQn4tUU

Edit: It's not a huge amount of stuff redone, mostly they added Kingsley and Ukutoa scenes into it
I suspect they wanted more added but had to rush because the final back shot replace Caduceus with Kingsley and Not is in her Veth form.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Antitonic posted:

Counterpoint: the new one gives Ashley a sword

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Wasn't there some drama or something with this person before? I can't remember all the story and they don't seem to explain much in the thread.

https://twitter.com/TessFowler/status/1597379368124153856

And I kind of prefer the rotoscoped opening, but that might be just that I like rotoscoping like that when it's done well.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Is she implying the very existence of and/or use of NDA's means that the people using them don't effectively communicate with their staff? 'Cause that seems to be a weird conclusion to draw, honestly.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

That person causes drama everywhere she goes.

https://tim-byrd.com/2017/11/21/tess-fowler-cons-mistreats-and-steals-from-a-dying-man/

She's like an ur-KM.

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
Tess Fowler is not to be trusted. She asserts everything is evil except her and her bubble she hasn't excommunicated yet.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Yeah, remember that The Great Evil that Critical Role Did To Her was literally just going "hey, uh, we love your stuff but maybe don't put 'official Critical Role Art' all over it.

Now, it should be said, she did have some official critrole art things that she did, but she apparently took this as the go ahead to just make more 'official' art and sell it.

I hadn't heard about the stealing from a dying old man though, jeez.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

redbrouw posted:

Tess Fowler is not to be trusted. She asserts everything is evil except her and her bubble she hasn't excommunicated yet.

Ok, I saw someone I follow on twitter put something up like it was important and I was curious what the hell was going on. Seemed like a lot of internal poo poo that got blown out of proportion or something like that. Too hard to keep up with drama like that.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Keru posted:

Yeah, remember that The Great Evil that Critical Role Did To Her was literally just going "hey, uh, we love your stuff but maybe don't put 'official Critical Role Art' all over it.

Now, it should be said, she did have some official critrole art things that she did, but she apparently took this as the go ahead to just make more 'official' art and sell it.

I hadn't heard about the stealing from a dying old man though, jeez.
IIRC she also has a tendency to completely make up quotes or things about people she doesn't like in order to make them look bad/evil/whatever

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Lol the amount of people fawning over her in the replies.

Also, started catching back up after not watching since EP 15, up to 21 now, Chet just busted into a shopkeeps house. This campaign is really growing on me.

I'm probably detour and watch calamity when I hit that point.

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.
So, as far as I can tell what's going on is that she was sent an NDA to sign in her email with no further explanation, and she's taking this as an evil action on Critical Role's part.

It seems like they sent them to artists who made content for their Critical Role Artbooks, as they are reprinting the books and wanted to update the terms of the NDA before moving into contract discussions with those artists.

When she called them to complain, she demanded that the staff member who sent it to her reveal who above them in the company told them to do it. The staff member told her something along the lines of "you have to sign the NDA to get paid", and she, not understanding this was about previous work she had done for them, began ranting that she doesn't know what the payment was for and that they were trying to bribe her to be silent (because its an NDA). She then complained that she hasn't sent them an address to send this payment, so how would they even know where to send it, they must be lying about something. Presumably, they have her payment information from that last time they paid her, or would get to that part when the contract negotiation happened.

Overall it sounds very paranoid conspiracy.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Nuggan posted:

Overall it sounds very paranoid conspiracy.
Critical Role is a dumb company run by dumbdumbs who suck at businessing and also the only explanations for this communication are as a part of an elaborate coverup or the cornerstone of their legal defense strategy for loving over creatives. :hmmyes:

Increasingly convinced that gazing too deeply into the abyss of either pole of the CR discourse is brainmelting... and appreciative of goons being (relatively) normal about CR and TTRPGs generally

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
I've said it before but I love being right so I'll say it again: Only consume, never engage.

Drint Blasters
Jul 1, 2007

Flakey posted:

I've said it before but I love being right so I'll say it again: Only consume, never engage.

Big this.
Only reason I keep the chat on during broadcasts is when a monster turns up people in the chat know what it is so then I can look it up and have a better idea what it looks like/does.

CR twitter has been a trash fire for years.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

The Twitter dramas and such I more or less tune out exclusively because it inevitably turns into people chasing clout and acting (intentionally or not) in bad faith.

It's not hard to see why given the oft discussed parasocial dynamics and the acceptance of the community through things like art in the early stages, only for the product to balloon outward. I've seen completely unhinged accounts that spend the majority of their time posting accusing the cast of various forms of racism and exploitation to the tune of "they're basically Satan, actually," without providing any context or details. And honestly, I'm sure I've only scratched the surface on the level of unhinged that it gets. It's easy to get eyes attached to you when you're causing a scene in a large enough pool.

It also doesn't help that levelheaded criticism -- for instance, of the live action intro -- gets disproportionately amplified and totally misconstrued when some dumbass jumps on a nonexistent grenade and starts hollering as loud as he can.

If there's ever a legitimate issue, it tends to be dealt with by people who's job it is to deal with these things, and tbh the company has a good tendency of making good (which probably attracts quite a few people wanting to take advantage.)

Anyway, in summary,

Flakey posted:

Only consume, never engage.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Drint Blasters posted:

Big this.
Only reason I keep the chat on during broadcasts is when a monster turns up people in the chat know what it is so then I can look it up and have a better idea what it looks like/does.

CR twitter has been a trash fire for years.

The only consistent reason I've ever found to even turn chat on in Twitch is to see what Sam's flask says each week using chat. Just turn it on when he takes out his flask, read that and then turn it off and never think of it again basically. I do think it's fun to observe chat for a 30 seconds or so around big moments like the cupcake incident, Sam realizing who the druid was in campaign 2 etc. Just flick it on, watch the stream of "Oh shi...!" moments for a big smile and then turn it off once people start engaging their brain again, because that's probably when the bile is going to come out.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

tsob posted:

The only consistent reason I've ever found to even turn chat on in Twitch is to see what Sam's flask says each week using chat. Just turn it on when he takes out his flask, read that and then turn it off and never think of it again basically. I do think it's fun to observe chat for a 30 seconds or so around big moments like the cupcake incident, Sam realizing who the druid was in campaign 2 etc. Just flick it on, watch the stream of "Oh shi...!" moments for a big smile and then turn it off once people start engaging their brain again, because that's probably when the bile is going to come out.

Critrole stats has a page for that, I just google Sam's can every week and click on the newest picture.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Critical Role posted:

A friendly reminder that this finale episode will be about 5 hours and 30 minutes

Super long on the week where daylight savings makes the show start an hour later for me :negative:

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

:frogsiren: It's time for Mighty Nein Reunited part 2 (of 2!) If you're skimming this thread, you're still in the goddamn spoiler zone!!! :frogsiren:

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
holy poo poo 5:30 hours. tomorrow's gonna be a full pot of coffee day

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

First time in a while I lost it during the ad read

Dranlance Henriksen

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Rolled a 3 so that's... 27.

Abroham Lincoln fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Dec 2, 2022

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I can see why Matt may not enjoy DMing high level combat but dang this is entertaining.
I also want this format from now on, I see some subtle changes they made for the theater presentation and it should just be like this from now on.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
I loved Laura's look when Sam's flask came out, a second of "What's he done this time" followed immediately by "OOOH SNACKS!"

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
In this episode, the M9 team up with a Betrayer God!

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

I get that Matt has a whole confrontation with a god planned but why even give the players a chance to prevent it if he's just going to BS it anyway? He was clearly playing the mage as if it had the crystal and was jumping to put it in the sigil, then allowed the goons to search for it in the rubble. How did it even get over there?

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately

Gangringo posted:

I get that Matt has a whole confrontation with a god planned but why even give the players a chance to prevent it if he's just going to BS it anyway? He was clearly playing the mage as if it had the crystal and was jumping to put it in the sigil, then allowed the goons to search for it in the rubble. How did it even get over there?

Dramatic tension.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

"Roll an intimidation check against a Betrayer God."

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Now Fjord, don't cheat on your patron again.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

NPCs across Exandria live in constant fear of receiving messages from a bubbly tiefling

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

TV IV > Critical Role Campaign 2: You can milk me!

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

god drat that's a big snea snake

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
What a way to kick off a battle, lmao

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

This game's got everything! It's got dungeons, it's got dragons!

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

jester casted dong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

So True Polymorph was Caleb’s 9th level, right?