Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I have been playing a pool 2 deck with Mr Fantastic and Vision, and adding in Bucky has provided enough to deal with Death's Domain. Well, outside of move decks, but I usually have a terrible time against those anyway.

I did to get to witness someone playing Hulk Buster on a early placed Multiple Man, which then got claimed by Death. Hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

RevKrule posted:

Just had a match where the three loving locations were in order: Luke's Bar. Sanctum Sanctorum. Death's Domain.

Awesome so like 99% of decks can't place even a single card.

I just had this same combo in a different order. I was hoping to have some fun with my destroy deck but the opponent retreated as soon as the third location revealed. :smith:

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Made a destroy-liking deck for Death's Domain and man, some games just play themselves

Opening location is Space Throne. Opponent plays Iceman right, cool.
Middle opens, it's Death's Domain. I drop Bucky on there, opponent goes Angela on the right.
Right opens, it's Oscorp

Before even getting my finger to the snap, they'd hit retreat

I just realize, Electro would be great in Death's Domain right? +1 energy is on reveal so it happens, and you don't have the ongoing

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Serperoth posted:

I just realize, Electro would be great in Death's Domain right? +1 energy is on reveal so it happens, and you don't have the ongoing

Correct. Playing Electro in DD, Oscorp or Murderworld is pro strategy.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Jedit posted:

Correct. Playing Electro in DD, Oscorp or Murderworld is pro strategy.

I've been running this list, but I'm not entirely sure what to cut for Electro. Maybe it'd be a whole other list for it

# (1) Nightcrawler
# (1) Nova
# (2) Bucky Barnes
# (2) Carnage
# (2) Armor
# (2) Wolverine
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Sabretooth
# (3) Deathlok
# (4) Enchantress
# (5) Professor X
# (6) Doctor Doom
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQnVja3lCYXJuZXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNhcm5hZ2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFybW9yIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJOb3ZhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXb2x2ZXJpbmUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktpbGxtb25nZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNhYnJldG9vdGgifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRlYXRobG9rIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJOaWdodGNyYXdsZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkVuY2hhbnRyZXNzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEckRvb20ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlByb2Zlc3NvclgifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Serperoth posted:

Yeah that's something I reported as a possible bug in the Discord, it's weird since on-reveals do happen

It's double weird, because cards played on Luke's Bar do trigger Bishop's buff.

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'
ACAB includes the fun police, Armor players :mad:

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Mushrooman posted:

ACAB includes the fun police, Armor players :mad:

Sorry, I just wanna rank up with zoo in peace.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I've got a handful of good Pool 3 cards, but I'm not sure if I have the right ones to make them click together. Or at the very least, my brain isn't making the connections.
I've got Sera, Mystique, Thor (though I'm pretty sure I need Jane Foster to make him more viable), Electro, Leader, Magik, Hela...plenty of good pieces, I just don't know how to make the most of them.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

the_steve posted:

I've got a handful of good Pool 3 cards, but I'm not sure if I have the right ones to make them click together. Or at the very least, my brain isn't making the connections.
I've got Sera, Mystique, Thor (though I'm pretty sure I need Jane Foster to make him more viable), Electro, Leader, Magik, Hela...plenty of good pieces, I just don't know how to make the most of them.

Take a look at the pool 2 decks and see if they can be improved by just one or two pool 3 cards. Ka-Zoo decks with Mystique for example, being able to just drop her and 3 one-drops on 6 makes it so much more reliable.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

As much as I've been loving my Wong deck it's nice to go back and revisit my Death deck. How long does the featured location thing last?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

the_steve posted:

I think most of those cards don't work together without other pool 3s (I still don't understand what decks are supposed to run Magik). You've got some good cards in there though regardless.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Nov 20, 2022

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

rydiafan posted:

It's double weird, because cards played on Luke's Bar do trigger Bishop's buff.

There's definitely bugs with reveals and such. I just had to submit a report for Leader. We got Triskelion which gave me Red Skull and Iron Man. Turn 5 I played Red Skull opponent plays on a different location. Turn 6 I flip first, played Iron Man on Red Skull which should have given me the win. Opponent played Leader which first copied the Iron Man (not enough to win) but then copied the Red Skull from the previous turn!

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Would you guys ever retreat on turn 0 if someone snapped before any cards were played?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

No Wave posted:

I think most of those cards don't work together without other pool 3s (I still don't understand what decks are supposed to run Magik). You've got some good cards in there though regardless.

Magik is good in a lot of decks, but specifically anything where more time helps you. Specifically I run her in my Apocalypse and Wong decks but really anything where an extra turn/7 energy can help you works

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Opopanax posted:

As much as I've been loving my Wong deck it's nice to go back and revisit my Death deck. How long does the featured location thing last?

Hot locations are 24 hours, with a 60% chance of the location appearing. Featured locations (which are always new) are a 40% chance to appear and last 48 hours.

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'

WarEternal posted:

Sorry, I just wanna rank up with zoo in peace.

Yeah Killmonger is rough but do you guys always have to armor my Deadpool? I just want big number.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

poe meater posted:

Would you guys ever retreat on turn 0 if someone snapped before any cards were played?

guess it depends on what my initial draw was and what the first area is. they are bluffing or insanely confident in their hand but at the end of the day you have to have a reasonable shot at winning. losing 2 cubes is worse than losing 1 and rerack

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

poe meater posted:

With some decks yes. If I'm playing Jubilee and my hand is Infinaut Odin Leader and I draw Vision I'm happy to get out.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Opopanax posted:

Could you post your Death deck? This is mine:

# (1) Elektra
# (1) Squirrel Girl
# (1) Angel
# (1) Nova
# (1) Yondu
# (2) Bucky Barnes
# (2) Carnage
# (2) Wolverine
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Deathlok
# (4) Moon Girl
# (9) Death
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTm92YSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQnVja3lCYXJuZXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNhcm5hZ2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IldvbHZlcmluZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGVhdGhsb2sifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktpbGxtb25nZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRlYXRoIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBbmdlbCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTW9vbkdpcmwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNxdWlycmVsR2lybCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRWxla3RyYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiWW9uZHUifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

priznat posted:

Could you post your Death deck? This is mine:

# (1) Elektra
# (1) Squirrel Girl
# (1) Angel
# (1) Nova
# (1) Yondu
# (2) Bucky Barnes
# (2) Carnage
# (2) Wolverine
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Deathlok
# (4) Moon Girl
# (9) Death
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTm92YSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQnVja3lCYXJuZXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNhcm5hZ2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IldvbHZlcmluZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGVhdGhsb2sifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktpbGxtb25nZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRlYXRoIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBbmdlbCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTW9vbkdpcmwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNxdWlycmVsR2lybCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRWxla3RyYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiWW9uZHUifV19
#

Yep

code:

# (1) Deadpool
# (1) Nova
# (1) Yondu
# (2) Bucky Barnes
# (2) Carnage
# (2) Wolverine
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Deathlok
# (4) Dracula
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Omega Red
# (9) Death

Dracula gives you a good plan B if you don't kill enough to get her out, and pairing her with Omega Red can give you an edge on the other locations. Pretty standard otherwise

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Dang other than Death I don’t have any of those pool 3s yet, laff. Omega red I am keen to get mostly because he was my favourite on marvel vs capcom games :haw:

OMEGA DESTROYER!!!

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

the_steve posted:

Electro ramp, with leader and magik is solid. Just put in sunspot and a mix of your biggest 5 and 6 drops. Chavez for sure to more reliably hit electro and be ready to fold games you don't.

Deck might not be tier one or whatever, but something like a turn 4 Professor x is one of the strongest plays this game has. You will get cubes.

GarudaPrime fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Nov 20, 2022

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

poe meater posted:

All the time.

Mushrooman posted:

Yeah Killmonger is rough but do you guys always have to armor my Deadpool? I just want big number.

Enchantress on Armor is beautiful.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Deadpool is loving hilarious right now, just keep tossing him into Death's Domain for exponential power. Bonus points if you can get a buff on him before Domain triggers.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

quiggy posted:

Deadpool is loving hilarious right now, just keep tossing him into Death's Domain for exponential power. Bonus points if you can get a buff on him before Domain triggers.

I don't have him, but one of my opponents did. It was nice to see him go to 80 power when I sniped him with Shang-Chi on the last turn.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

quiggy posted:

I had a round with both death’s domain and Shuri’s lab :worship:

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

priznat posted:

Dang other than Death I don’t have any of those pool 3s yet, laff. Omega red I am keen to get mostly because he was my favourite on marvel vs capcom games :haw:

OMEGA DESTROYER!!!

Ah that brings back memories. God I loved MvC2.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

SlothBear posted:

Ah that brings back memories. God I loved MvC2.

Great game and the sprite based graphics keeps it from seeming dated whenever I stumble across a rereleased version on another system.

I was in no way a technical master and am terrible on gamepad so I don’t bother with the home console versions :sigh:

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006
I think one of my favourite aspect of this game is that IP-based card battler phenomenon where these tiny bit players from the Marvel mythos suddenly become the main characters of every deck, getting this outsized importance. Like, who the hell is Angela. Meanwhile, I've seen Spider-Man in exactly one game. it gives the whole thing such a fun absurdity.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

The Grumbles posted:

I think one of my favourite aspect of this game is that IP-based card battler phenomenon where these tiny bit players from the Marvel mythos suddenly become the main characters of every deck, getting this outsized importance. Like, who the hell is Angela. Meanwhile, I've seen Spider-Man in exactly one game. it gives the whole thing such a fun absurdity.

Yeah totally, and as a comics nerd from way back it’s fun to see how their in game powers line up to the real world ones.

Side note, whenever I get Galactus at random I *will* toss a game in the dumpster just so I can play him and get that cutscene :haw: Seems like an extremely hard card to pull off a win with

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

poe meater posted:

Everyone who does that is an easy win so hell no

I can usually tell if I'm going to win by the way Turn 2 plays out though so I retreat on Turn 3 100% of the time if I don't like my draws

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

priznat posted:

Yeah totally, and as a comics nerd from way back it’s fun to see how their in game powers line up to the real world ones.

Side note, whenever I get Galactus at random I *will* toss a game in the dumpster just so I can play him and get that cutscene :haw: Seems like an extremely hard card to pull off a win with

i drew him after being the first to fill a lane. I knew I was going to lose but I couldn't help it and stayed until the end so I could play him. Is there anything else crazy like playing Galactus in this game?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
https://marvelsnap.io/card/thanos-126

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

This card has to change. It is so insanely bad.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

No Wave posted:

You're not kidding. Not only do the Infinity Stones not do all that much, but the chances that you'll play him and have time to draw and play any of the stones is tiny. Let alone actually using them to your advantage.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

No Wave posted:

Yeah, it’s a cool idea but he requires a huge amount of rng luck to be at all viable

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

Also once getting all 6 stones, shouldn't snapping kill half of the board at random? I mean, c'mon!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Pretty sure he’s still only available from random drops, too, so even if you do manage to get him it’s almost never going to be before turn 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
If you play all 6 stones it should just win you the game. That's at least turns it into a deckbuilding exercise and probably wouldn't be too unbalanced considering how little tutoring there is in this game.