Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

y_y
Oct 25, 2011

conversationalist
And I just got the 200 gold in the mail as well. Unfortunately my 2 dud caches only held currency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

CapnAndy posted:

I just grabbed Arnim Zola out of the store. Does he have good combos with cards what aren't Black Panther? I haven't gotten this Season Pass because all the cosmetics are pretty crap.

Anything you want another copy at two other locations of...?

Odin. Spiderwoman. Dino. Jubilee. Control cards. Big chonks. Etc.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I got one dud cache after the patch and then waited until it they confirmed it was fixed. That dud became the stud known as

Earlier today he was offered in the token shop. I wonder what would have happened if I had opened the cache before he rotated out. A different card I guess.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

CapnAndy posted:

I just grabbed Arnim Zola out of the store. Does he have good combos with cards what aren't Black Panther? I haven't gotten this Season Pass because all the cosmetics are pretty crap.

Tender Bender posted:

I had someone use him on a Big Venom pretty well against me

or

It's the best feeling, it really is.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

My Second Re-Reg posted:

or

It sure would be nice to have Deadpool.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I grabbed Helicarrier from the shop, seems like it could be good in a Hela deck

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'
Fell from 79 to 63 yesterday but pulled Thanos this morning, someone tell me how to feel.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Intended interaction or bug? Played Viper onto Electro, but the ongoing effect (can only play one card) stayed with me and not the opponent.

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

kampen mot gud og hvite krist er i gang
Grimey Drawer

Maneck posted:

Intended interaction or bug? Played Viper onto Electro, but the ongoing effect (can only play one card) stayed with me and not the opponent.

intended, and that's a galaxy brain play

to explain: the On Reveal is +1 max energy, and that happens once when played. the Ongoing affects whoever's side he's on

edit: im incredibly dumb, sounds like a bug to me then

edgar_ fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Dec 2, 2022

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

edgar_ posted:

intended, and that's a galaxy brain play

to explain: the On Reveal is +1 max energy, and that happens once when played. the Ongoing affects whoever's side he's on

He’s saying it did the opposite

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Ongoings seem really inconsistent w/r/t movement. Is it Ebony Maw who if he moves, his aura remains where you played him?

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
It seems like the on-going for him doesn’t switch until the turn concludes.

I bet there’s some weirdness with Armor too.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

For anyone curious, if you play Professor X on Luke's Bar (when you play a card here, return it to your hand), he stays there. I figured he would but I wasn't quite sure since his lockdown is an Ongoing, not On Reveal. So I clenched and went for it. Thank you professor.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Why cant my electra kill a peaked white tiger?

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

My Second Re-Reg posted:

What's the general strategy for this one?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

No Wave posted:

Why cant my electra kill a peaked white tiger?

Cost modifiers only affect the card while it's in your hand. If you click on a Negative Iron Man, you'll see that it is 5/5.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Loddfafnir posted:

I'm playing the same deck! Bought Kingpin from the shop yesterday or the day before and it's load of fun.

What is your decklist?
I should probably change Angela for something else.

# (1) Iceman
# (2) Angela
# (2) Kraven
# (3) Storm
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Kingpin
# (3) Polaris
# (4) Enchantress
# (4) Jessica Jones
# (5) Sera
# (5) Aero
# (6) Magneto

This is what I've been rolling with:
# (1) Nightcrawler
# (2) Armor
# (2) Colossus
# (2) Scarlet Witch
# (3) Wave
# (3) Kingpin
# (3) Deathlok
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (5) Gamora
# (5) Aero
# (6) Heimdall
# (6) Magneto
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ29sb3NzdXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik5pZ2h0Y3Jhd2xlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hhbmdDaGkifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IldhdmUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktpbmdwaW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1hZ25ldG8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFybW9yIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJHYW1vcmEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFlcm8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNjYXJsZXRXaXRjaCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGVhdGhsb2sifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkhlaW1kYWxsIn1dfQ==

This is after I hosed with it some; previously had Odin instead of Heimdall, Hulkbuster instead of Deathlok. I might put Odin back in, nice to get a second chance at some reveals like Aero's. Looking to drop Wave for something else probably, if Juggernaut shows up in my store I'll probably pick him up instantly. There's other 5s I could put in for Gamora but I like that she's a fat stick of stats.

This deck is very fun when it comes together but it's been doing that less lately so I do want to switch it up some.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

uXs posted:

What's the general strategy for this one?

Venom eats poo poo and gets big. Zola makes that two Venoms.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Booo, Shuri’s lab doesn’t double Morbius at all. I was all excited for some late game Morbin’ time

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Speaking of weird interactions, did you know that if you move a devil dinosaur to New York and don't have priority, he stays at 3 power until your turn?

My oppo and their Shang Chi did not

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
This may seem a dumb question, but how do you know who has priority in any given round?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Memnaelar posted:

This may seem a dumb question, but how do you know who has priority in any given round?

Nameplate glows for whoever is first

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Memnaelar posted:

there's a shiny border up top around the player names for whoever's going first. it's painfully subtle for something that should be easily readable at a glance, like the turn timer

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Opopanax posted:

Booo, Shuri’s lab doesn’t double Morbius at all. I was all excited for some late game Morbin’ time

I think shuris lab is buggy or the cards aren’t explained right. When Wolverine is “played” there after dying elsewhere he doesn’t double either.

AzureFlame
Nov 26, 2009

Mushrooman posted:

Fell from 79 to 63 yesterday but pulled Thanos this morning, someone tell me how to feel.

Do you have other cards to help you play/pull the stones like Lockjaw or the Quinjet? I don't and playing Thanos is still a lot of fun! So fun I dropped from the mid sixties to 51 over the last two days. Excited to try it again when I get one of those cards eventually, it was rare to get to play all six stones + Thanos but using them as Carnage food or Kazaar army recruits feels satisfying to play

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

AzureFlame posted:

Do you have other cards to help you play/pull the stones like Lockjaw or the Quinjet? I don't and playing Thanos is still a lot of fun! So fun I dropped from the mid sixties to 51 over the last two days. Excited to try it again when I get one of those cards eventually, it was rare to get to play all six stones + Thanos but using them as Carnage food or Kazaar army recruits feels satisfying to play

What else are you playing with it? I’m also in the “somehow got thanos but have zero enablers” crew.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Hail Mary scarlet witch on t6 changing a location to shadowlands, creating a -1 ninja on both sides, and thereby deactivating the other guy’s galactus, is one of the better wins I’ve ever had

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Woo, got Hell Cow. I think all I'm missing now is Colleen and I should have a good Discard deck able to go. Suppose I can use Moon Knight in the meantime, not as powerful but he makes the opponent discard too at least

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

buffalo all day posted:

Hail Mary scarlet witch on t6 changing a location to shadowlands, creating a -1 ninja on both sides, and thereby deactivating the other guy’s galactus, is one of the better wins I’ve ever had

Like I've said before, late match Scarlet Witch is so loving clutch sometimes.

Had someone with a solid plan to play all the infinity stones and thanos but he needed Magik to give him a 7th turn. On turn 5 I realized I probably had the win right then so I switched the limbo location and ended the game right then. I kinda wish I could've seen his reaction, didn't even get a courtesy fist bump back.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

SlothBear posted:

I think shuris lab is buggy or the cards aren’t explained right. When Wolverine is “played” there after dying elsewhere he doesn’t double either.

The cards that say they "play" are simply incorrect; the card is added and immediately revealed when it's "played" by an effect. The only thing that counts as a play for location purposes is dragging the card to the play area from your hand. I am not sure about how this interacts with say Mysterio (do the clones count as played, or just added?), but it's definitely the case for Wolverine and Jubilee.

This is why Morbius doesn't double - he would (or at least should) double, if he had any power from discarding before he was played. Anything after would just add an extra +2 that does not double, because he was already played and had the doubling applied then.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

flatluigi posted:

there's a shiny border up top around the player names for whoever's going first. it's painfully subtle for something that should be easily readable at a glance, like the turn timer

Duuuuur. Never realized that. Does it just alternate turn-by-turn or is there a way to "seize" priority?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

RevKrule posted:

Like I've said before, late match Scarlet Witch is so loving clutch sometimes.

Had someone with a solid plan to play all the infinity stones and thanos but he needed Magik to give him a 7th turn. On turn 5 I realized I probably had the win right then so I switched the limbo location and ended the game right then. I kinda wish I could've seen his reaction, didn't even get a courtesy fist bump back.

Here's one from my attempts at 7 Cerebro. Scarlet Witch turned the third location into Sinister London, which let me double Cerebro and Vision, and then two Hulkbustered Scarlet Witches. Just like I'd planned all along :2monocle:

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Dec 2, 2022

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'

AzureFlame posted:

Yeah he’s very fun if not very good. I’ve been using Beast to bounce the stones. I think destruction is the way to go with Thanos, I kept getting blown out by killmonger.

Vanilla Bison
Mar 27, 2010

Memnaelar posted:

Duuuuur. Never realized that. Does it just alternate turn-by-turn or is there a way to "seize" priority?

Priority goes to whoever is currently winning the game. You can intentionally sandbag on locations if you need to act second, and if you want to act first to Cosmo snipe someone you need tempo.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Tender Bender posted:

For anyone curious, if you play Professor X on Luke's Bar (when you play a card here, return it to your hand), he stays there. I figured he would but I wasn't quite sure since his lockdown is an Ongoing, not On Reveal. So I clenched and went for it. Thank you professor.

I love weird Professor X interactions like this. I won a game with turn six Prof X to lock Captain Marvel down. He’s also brilliant at shutting down On Reveal effects if you reveal first.

When playing Prof X now I like to consider lines of play that involve locking a lane I’m behind in. Usually it’s wrong, especially without effects like Klaw or Mr Fantastic. But once in a blue moon the opponent builds a board that gets wrecked by locking one lane or neutralizing On Reveal effects.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

parasyte posted:

The cards that say they "play" are simply incorrect; the card is added and immediately revealed when it's "played" by an effect. The only thing that counts as a play for location purposes is dragging the card to the play area from your hand. I am not sure about how this interacts with say Mysterio (do the clones count as played, or just added?), but it's definitely the case for Wolverine and Jubilee.

This is why Morbius doesn't double - he would (or at least should) double, if he had any power from discarding before he was played. Anything after would just add an extra +2 that does not double, because he was already played and had the doubling applied then.

Mysterio clones generally count as being played.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

uXs posted:

Mysterio clones generally count as being played.

Yeah it's kinda weird what triggers Angela/Bishop and what doesn't. Is it really just Mysterio right now?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

WarpedLichen posted:

Yeah it's kinda weird what triggers Angela/Bishop and what doesn't. Is it really just Mysterio right now?
Mysterio is the only unit that's programmed to abuse angela/bishop for no reason. Otherwise they work as you'd expect. Both still good units I love bishop in beast bounce.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
I've tried the first bump thing with people already at legend and the only ones who do it back are straight up liars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!
Daredevil + Professor X is a disgusting control combo.