Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
"Your opponent snapping when you skip turn 5 because they're expecting Infinaut when you have She-Hulk" is joining the Pantheon of Smugness alongside "Zola'ing a big boy before their Shang Chi reveals".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Lol that's really funny and I suppose technically correct

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

My Second Re-Reg posted:

Here's another "fun" Hulkbuster interaction I just found via Morph: If you Hulkbust Lockjaw he bounces himself off the board and back into your deck lmao

That could be great- does he still pull something out of the deck?

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Victor Vermis posted:

That could be great- does he still pull something out of the deck?

I actually don't remember I was so dumbstruck that it happened. I may burn a couple of cubes to test though.

Also if you have a Lockjaw on Danger Room and a card that you play there gets destroyed, he summons a replacement from your deck as normal. Probably works on Death's Domain as well

Edit: Yes, he does replace himself with another card.

My Second Re-Reg fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Dec 4, 2022

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

My Second Re-Reg posted:

I actually don't remember I was so dumbstruck that it happened. I may burn a couple of cubes to test though.

Also if you have a Lockjaw on Danger Room and a card that you play there gets destroyed, he summons a replacement from your deck as normal. Probably works on Death's Domain as well

Edit: Yes, he does replace himself with another card.

I distinctly recall playing a Hulkbuster on a Sinister clone I'd landed in Death's Domain, only to have Death's Domain then kill that Sinister clone as if it was the card that had just been played there.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Cabbit posted:

I distinctly recall playing a Hulkbuster on a Sinister clone I'd landed in Death's Domain, only to have Death's Domain then kill that Sinister clone as if it was the card that had just been played there.

Hulk Buster remains " a card played this turn" despite attaching to something else.

The Lockjaw thing is neat because played cards dip out before the location does its thing.

edit: not unique to lockjaw, of course- its just more readily apparent with On Reveal cards that they do their thing before they die.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Oh hell yeah, Mister Negative on the token shop.
He's supposed to be some meta defining card, isn't he?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Psyker posted:

Run Professor X too and lock a lane in your favor.

The problem with running control in this game is that if you're too aggressive or too disruptive they just leave. The balance is to disrupt and leave them with the illusion that they can still win, then blow them out in turn 6.

My sneaky play is to run Prof X and Daredevil together, then "screw up" and lock either the right or middle lane so I'm just barely losing. Then they'll accept the snap and lose to a turn 6 Klaw adding 6 to the locked location.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

the_steve posted:

He's not meta-defining, he just enables a specific deck archetype. What that archetype is I'm not certain because I don't think I ever seen a Mr. Negative deck pull off their plan.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Hoo boy. Bar Sinister is the hot location again. Ready your Uatus!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

the_steve posted:

It's an archetype but it's sort of a gimmicky one that requires a lot of other specific cards to make work. I don't think it's very good; it's cool when it works but it's way reliant on (A) hitting Mr. Negative on curve and (B) the cards you want to swap still being in your deck when you play him. Personally, it's not a card I'd spend tokens on, but you do you.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Mr Negative decks are probably the most "I retreat early and often or win for 8cubes" decks possible. But you really need Psyloche to get him out early.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Ghost Rider just showed up in my shop, but since I already own him it's trying to sell me a variant-- for 5000 tokens. Who could possibly be so flush with tokens to take that deal?

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

When Mr Negative works, it's impressive. He was an early pull for me, but I never got him to work out personally. I have, however, been on the receiving end of a good Mr Negative hand once and got blown away by a ton of high cards played at 0 cost, but like many have said the stars really have to align to pull it off like that.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Any good deck types with Magneto? Just got him from the store.

Also, for Bar Sinister what are fav cards to drop on there? I imagine White tiger could be popular, but I like Thor. Makes drawing a Mjolnir a sure bet and playing that on a Wong boosts him the hell up.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
This is my current favorite version of the daredevil/aero/prof x control deck. I call it “Foresight”.

Iceman is to do a little disruption on turn 1 or to add a little extra power on a turn when I’m not using all the energy. Lizard and Maximus are to make lanes threatening and so you can be ahead for Cosmo, Juggernaut, or Aero turns. Sometimes you don’t want to be ahead because you’d rather have the last say with Killmonger or Shang-Chi. I wish I was smarter about foreseeing that. She-Hulk is an incredibly flexible body. And can make up for skipping turn 3 (which happens a lot) or have powerful 3+2 turn fives after skipping turn 4. Or 5+1 after skipping turn 5.

Killmonger shuts down Zoo and messes up a bunch of other decks. Cosmo breaks a number of win conditions, if you can be ahead and know when to play him. Also protects She Hulk and boosted Gamora or other boosted cards.

Prof X, Gamora, Aero are the Swiss Army knife that makes Daredevil worth playing. Of the three, I am least convinced about Gamora. The ability to end a lane with confidence or move a key card out of a combo far outstrips a slightly cheap Hulk. Not much to say about Daredevil except that knowing turn 5 is really powerful. Also Daredevil can see what they play on Dark Dimension on 5.

Juggernaut is my favorite card in the deck. There are so many plays that make it good. It answers Storm. It keeps a winning lane won on the final turn. It breaks up a combo, cheap. It keeps cards out of locations like Gamma Lab or Asgard at a key moment and sometimes boots a card into Fisk Tower or Bar with No Name. Having Juggernaut and Aero in the same deck means that you can relentlessly disrupt people’s plans. Aero is also extremely fun. Sometimes she is breaking up a combo, sometimes she is dragging a card into a lane you are guaranteed to win, sometimes she is dragging cards into the lane you were going to lose anyway, protecting the other two. I once won a game with 3, 8 on my two lanes while they lost with 29 in the third.

The deck struggles with discard. It dumps a bunch of overstated bodies which boosts bodies in hand, and features various ways to cheat out more bodies. Dracula is invulnerable to Shang Chi, Morbius keeps growing even if you lock down the lane, etc.

It is extremely vulnerable to misplays by the player. I have lost a lot of games to either misunderstanding what deck I was facing or miscounting a complicated final turn. It struggles with Locations that mess up turn 5 (Avengers Compound, Dream Dimension). I have never won a race for The Raft.

I am on the lookout for replacements for Iceman, Lizard, and Gamora. I am very interested in opening Magneto. I’d love to try Wasp because there have been a lot of games where being able to add 1 more power on the Professor X turn or similar would have really mattered.

quote:

# (1) Iceman
# (2) Daredevil
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Juggernaut
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Maximus
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (5) Professor X
# (5) Gamora
# (5) Aero
# (6) She-Hulk
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQWVybyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hlSHVsayJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUHJvZmVzc29yWCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hhbmdDaGkifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktpbGxtb25nZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1heGltdXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikp1Z2dlcm5hdXQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkljZW1hbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiR2Ftb3JhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDb3NtbyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTGl6YXJkIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEYXJlZGV2aWwifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

priznat posted:

Also, for Bar Sinister what are fav cards to drop on there? I imagine White tiger could be popular, but I like Thor. Makes drawing a Mjolnir a sure bet and playing that on a Wong boosts him the hell up.

Nightcrawler is good - you can move the tokens off and have it for your own use again later.

Hulk, Blue Marvel, Kazar, Klaw... Black Panther? (I think he doubles _before_ he's cloned, and the clones double again.)

I plan to try cheating out Sera x4 and using her to drop big bois on the other lanes.

If you want to be rude, Hobgoblin shuts Bar off for your opponent.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Ooh I got Hobgoblin’d once that way so never leave it open by turn 5.. actually yeah a kazoo deck would rock with Bar Sinister.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I used my tokens on She-Hulk, and she's paid off some so far.

Nick Fury I got as well and he's just fun to play.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

priznat posted:

The nut draw the last time Bar Sinister was favored was Nightcrawler/Blue Marvel/Onslaught. You play Nightcrawler and get four of them. You then move one away to play Blue Marvel, then move the rest away to play Onslaught and get so much power on all three locations that you approach the integer limit.

Iron Man is a backup plan, but he'll only secure you Bar Sinister itself.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Note that since last time, Onslaught was nerfed, so 3 Onslaughts don't multiply with each other, they just add.

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

Should I spend the rest of my tokens on MBaku? Feel like he could be pretty clutch

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
This game was way more fun before I had to play 5-6 She Hulk decks in a row. Insane how many people already have her.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Banjo Bones posted:

Should I spend the rest of my tokens on MBaku? Feel like he could be pretty clutch

This is a meme, right?

Do not spend your tokens on M'Baku.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Quackles posted:

Note that since last time, Onslaught was nerfed, so 3 Onslaughts don't multiply with each other, they just add.

BEN BRODE IS A WAR CRIMINAL

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

the_steve posted:

If you have the cards to make him work it's one of the dumbest, most randomass decks that somehow still wins a lot of matches.

There may be better choices for some cards but this deck is hilarious and I love it so much I've almost completely dropped my Death deck.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
I lack Jane Thor and Arnim and am currently maining a Negative deck. “Concede or get 8 cubes” describes it pretty well. I very rarely lose a game I stick around past round four in.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

CitizenKeen posted:

I lack Jane Thor and Arnim and am currently maining a Negative deck. “Concede or get 8 cubes” describes it pretty well. I very rarely lose a game I stick around past round four in.

I'll add that I don't think Psylock is needed; if she helps pull Mr. Negative in turn 3, sweet, but she's a lot less useful past that. I made the same deck work fine with Gambit for a while and will consider dropping her when I get Electro.

Other possible replacements include Wave or any other randomass 1/2 card, whatever lets Lockjaw cycle cards.

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!
Adapted the moneyshot Bar Sinister Onslaught strategy to Wong.

Nightcrawler -> move 3 -> Wong -> move last Nightcrawler -> drop a solution.

Wong is still exponential so it’s 8 On Reveal triggers.

Fill the board with tigers or watch ironheart drop 48 power randomly or make 4^8 black panther or whatever - using all your normal win cons anyway.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Decided to buy Green Goblin this after and that was the last piece I needed to a deck that KMBest as been playing.

This is very fun to play and gently caress up the opponent's momentum. Also, Bar Sinister is today's hot location and slapping Goblin where on turn 3 is easy wins (depending on if the opponent doesn't do it first).

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Not working, imgur mobile app sucks rear end

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Waffleopolis posted:

Decided to buy Green Goblin this after and that was the last piece I needed to a deck that KMBest as been playing.

This is very fun to play and gently caress up the opponent's momentum. Also, Bar Sinister is today's hot location and slapping Goblin where on turn 3 is easy wins (depending on if the opponent doesn't do it first).

Is Zero just in there for Titania? That seems a little sketchy to me given all the other cards that you really do want the abilities on.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Just had someone drop Moon Knight on Bar Sinister which is certainly a choice. He played Morbius later so it kind of made sense, but unfortunately for them I was playing my Hela deck and they effectively won me the game

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Having fun with this deck with Bar Sinister as the hot location. Nova on Bar into Killmonger is a pretty sweet turn 4 that can really gently caress up people trying to do tricky Kazar/Onslaught token stuff, and then it leaves you room to play a card with actual power and take Bar (or play a White Tiger there to juice up your other locations, or drop Moljnir to make a really big Thor)

# (1) The Hood
# (1) Nova
# (2) Carnage
# (2) Scorpion
# (3) Ironheart
# (3) Wolfsbane
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Thor
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (5) White Tiger
# (5) Jane Foster Mighty Thor
# (6) Odin
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTm92YSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSG9vZCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2FybmFnZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2NvcnBpb24ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Iklyb25oZWFydCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiS2lsbG1vbmdlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVGhvciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV29sZnNiYW5lIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaGFuZ0NoaSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV2hpdGVUaWdlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSmFuZUZvc3RlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiT2RpbiJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
On a happier note, unlocked Wave and Psylocke! Getting closer to some of the serious pool 3 decks. :woop:

I don’t have Death yet, but I’m sure I can find something fun to play with Wave.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

That's like 2/3rds of the ramp package for a Galactus deck!

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Okay I just saw someone Moon Girl, then skip turn five and drop double she-hulk plus a full hand. ..And then she showed up on my token shop. Yep. Easiest buy of my life.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

Banjo Bones posted:

No unless you got all of series 3 cards, and all the better series 4 cards. This guy is edge case at best. I wouldn't care if I opened up him in a pack but I'd rather have a bunch of core series 3 cards or any other series 4 card than paying tokens for this dude.

Big K of Justice fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Dec 4, 2022

Toozler
Jan 12, 2012

Electro is in my shop, is this a snap buy? I am cl 860 with 2700 tokens. Looking for Death and Wave mostly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

So not only does Mysterio not make more illusions if you play him on Bar Sinister, the new ones all count as illusions and are 0 power.