Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Dark type motorbike-- Akira??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

BrainDance posted:

Do they take it as far as saying "even within the same generation there are different timelines?"

Like I knew there is a mega timeline and others, and that there is a multiverse thing going on, but I didn't think it went as far as saying the two versions in one gen are both their own timeline too.

But I guess that would have to be the case for this gen to work, a timeline/universe where Arven has a dead dad, and one with a dead mom.

Though, this was probably true in other gens too, I didn't play them all and I don't remember the plot differences between sun and moon at all. Things like different legendaries, you can explain that happening in the same universe, but not really this.

i can explain it: theyre video games and not real

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
Got my first shiny ever, across any game. Proud owner of a dumb pink mareep and the best i could come up with for a name was Pepto but, drat it, i love my stupid pink sheep.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

hotdog feet posted:

Got my first shiny ever, across any game. Proud owner of a dumb pink mareep and the best i could come up with for a name was Pepto but, drat it, i love my stupid pink sheep.

That's a good name.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

I named my Maushold "GroverMaus"

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I’m a little miffed I missed all the duping fun but I finally started Scarlet and like an hour later, I run into my first shiny, a Lechonk. Adorable.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Stux posted:

i can explain it: theyre video games and not real

Ya I know, and I'm having fun with it, which is what videogames are for

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

spinst posted:

At 399 / 400 pokes.

Riolu is slow to warm up and be my friend.

Love me and evolve, drat it! :argh:

Catch the roaming one that's a terra

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

There's no way to just... lock the map's orientation and keep it from rotating, is there?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Avalerion posted:

There's no way to just... lock the map's orientation and keep it from rotating, is there?

Nope! It's always tied to your presentation when you open it.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

The big map yeah, click in the stick- right stick I think. The minimap, no don't think so?

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
You can click in the right stick to lock it to north and it'll persist through closing and reopening. No luck for the minimap though.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I finally found my first full odds shiny in this game!

It's an Orthworm.
:negative:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Countblanc posted:

they're harder, yes. people call them "route aces" though I don't know where that term actually comes from. each route has one

One route has three :ssh:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

ready to give my battle stadium opponents nightmares

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I wonder, is Team Flare the last unambiguously evil Team we've gotten?

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Funky Valentine posted:

I wonder, is Team Flare the last unambiguously evil Team we've gotten?

Team Rainbow Rocket.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Shneak posted:

I finally found my first full odds shiny in this game!

It's an Orthworm.
:negative:

You don’t deserve orthworm

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Orthworm Gym

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I love shiny Orthworm! He looks like a little tube train.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Orthworm is legit good.

Bulky Steel type with EQ immunity and body press.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

With Orthworm, Clodsire and Bellibolt we have a profusion of dopey guys this gen and I'm here for it.

Wile E. Toyota
Jul 18, 2008

Under no circumstances should you be proud of someone for wearing flip-flops.

thetoughestbean posted:

I caught a 5iv HA Cyclizar (with Knock Off and Dark tera type to stop Prankster shenanigans) and got an Ability Patch from the raid yesterday.

Feeling pretty chuffed still.

I need a good nickname, though. Right now it’s named Unlicensed after my boy Licenseless Rider but I don’t love it

If you're attached to the theme you could name him Satoru or Mumen. Licenseless rider is Mumen Rider in Japanese, first name Satoru. I like the Akira suggestion too.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

HopperUK posted:

With Orthworm, Clodsire and Bellibolt we have a profusion of dopey guys this gen and I'm here for it.

I like the dopey guys over the oddly-human or straight-out-of-Minecraft ones.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

The minecraft salt is good.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

HopperUK posted:

Dopes are the best.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Dienes posted:

I like the dopey guys over the oddly-human or straight-out-of-Minecraft ones.

I picked Fuecoco solely because their final evolution wasn’t some goofy rear end long legged biped lol

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I picked Fuecoco purely because of the huge grin he had on his face. He looked so happy to be there. I couldn't not.

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
Also went fuecoco but i kind of wish i went for the stupid duck. Still haven't managed to get one of those through random trades but I've got about 20 grass cats

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

hotdog feet posted:

Also went fuecoco but i kind of wish i went for the stupid duck. Still haven't managed to get one of those through random trades but I've got about 20 grass cats

Oh for sure someone here will breed you one. Post when you're free to accept a trade and I bet somebody has one. I am deep in breeding for shiny Azurills but if nobody else gets you soon I'll breed you a few up.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
I got tired of not knowing where to get the evo item for Charcadet so I looked it up and it's... some NPC I remember talking to that said something like "bring me 10 Bronzor hides and I will give you something good"

wtf? I just thought "ok I'll do that some time after I beat the game" and forgot about it. If he'd actually said what I would get from him I'd have stirred myself to bring him the Bronzor teeth he wanted.

Game continues to be good, reached the "end" screen for the Titan and Team Star storylines. Have one gym to do. It's the one that's really high up in the south west. I think I'm going to massively outlevel it and it'll be an anticlimax. I thought you had to get the climbing power and climb up the big mountain, so that's what I did, but I guess there's a back way you're actually supposed to use. lol.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Is ditto in SV or do we have to breed the old fashioned way?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Is ditto in SV or do we have to breed the old fashioned way?

You've probably seen a ditto in the wild. They look like other pokemon nearby but act weird and if you lock on to them the name is different.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Hammerite posted:

I got tired of not knowing where to get the evo item for Charcadet so I looked it up and it's... some NPC I remember talking to that said something like "bring me 10 Bronzor hides and I will give you something good"

wtf? I just thought "ok I'll do that some time after I beat the game" and forgot about it. If he'd actually said what I would get from him I'd have stirred myself to bring him the Bronzor teeth he wanted.

Game continues to be good, reached the "end" screen for the Titan and Team Star storylines. Have one gym to do. It's the one that's really high up in the south west. I think I'm going to massively outlevel it and it'll be an anticlimax. I thought you had to get the climbing power and climb up the big mountain, so that's what I did, but I guess there's a back way you're actually supposed to use. lol.

That NPC wants Sinistea chips, they’re annoying to get but Charcadet’s evolutions are insanely good.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Ditto is in the game disguised as other Pokemon but once you've caught one you can lock on and tell it's a ditto. Also I think they're supposed to disguise themselves as Pokemon that don't spawn in the area

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

That NPC wants Sinistea chips, they’re annoying to get but Charcadet’s evolutions are insanely good.

Both are true, but one is Violet and the other is Scarlet, iirc

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

big black turnout posted:

Ditto is in the game disguised as other Pokemon but once you've caught one you can lock on and tell it's a ditto. Also I think they're supposed to disguise themselves as Pokemon that don't spawn in the area

Yeah, and they have opposite behaviors. So if they're pretending to be Chansey they'll be aggressive, if they're pretending to be Tauros they'll run away etc.

Zorua/Zoroark do the same thing.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

No, they spawn as Pokémon from the area.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I got a ground-tera Ditto in a Tera raid battle and I don't even know what to do with the stupid thing. I didn't even need it, I already had a ditto that I caught pretending to be deerling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Both are true, but one is Violet and the other is Scarlet, iirc

Bronzor bits are way easier to find, that’s kinda bs!