Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

Tarkus posted:

The SECRET GROUP otherwise known as upper management.

It's like 'you know who the Illuminati were? A bunch of people that wanted to talk about science & and such without being burned at the stake.'

That their name is still power in these fool's ears, several hundred years later, is telling on themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

ilmucche posted:

Isn't the whole point of not allowing explicit threats and statements of violence that even if it's ironic or joking that if it's constantly seen it can bend someone's brain and they actually try?

shut up

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

drat if they (Bari and all the right wing idiots) think that's bad then SA is x100 worse than the GULAG system

Edit: Moderation is a good thing and lol at right wing assholes crying about bans

BadOptics fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Dec 9, 2022

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1601021415867965440

lol Weiss is a loving idiot

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

lol Weiss is a loving idiot

can't be overstated

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013

It’s stuff like this that makes me wonder if a lot of right wing idiots aren’t so much constantly arguing in bad faith but just extremely stupid and consistently angry.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

jeffreyw posted:

It’s stuff like this that makes me wonder if a lot of right wing idiots aren’t so much constantly arguing in bad faith but just extremely stupid and consistently angry.

Usually it's all three.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

jeffreyw posted:

I think there are a lot of mediocre people who think they are a whole lot smarter than they are, who are simultaneously doing everything in bad faith to advance "the cause", and yet still misinterpret the truths they try to manipulate because they are extremely stupid and angry.

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

There are tools to check if you're shadow banned or reply deboosted, etc.

Musk's own pet-reinstated accounts are currently shadowbanned. I suppose Elon should step down!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

lmao so the second twitter file is an even worse own goal

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

I keep chuckling to myself that Musk and his new :airquote:journalist:airquote: cohorts talk like these are Pulitzer prize worthy megascoops on the same level as Snowden or Manning whistleblowing, as opposed to milquetoast revelations that a massive social media platform operated a professional moderation policy with upper management oversight.

Truly these are the modern day Nixon tapes.

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Shut up, Bari

https://twitter.com/BlockbusterPlus/status/1440858551329562624?s=20&t=nvqtPnpHiM1m1GlhJZocWA

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

You see this weird colored banner on this one account, "SUPER SECRET GOLD STAR ULTRA PRIVILEGED ACCOUNT, DO NOT TAKE ANY MODERATION ACTION, THIS IS A COMPLIMENTARY F.O.J. (FRIEND OF JACK) ACCOUNT"??? I bet it means this account is on a BLACKLIST

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

jeffreyw posted:

it's a lot of both

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
But why are they all Conservative accounts being banned???

Prejudice! Prejudice!! :byodame:

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

i guess you're saving that for when twitter goes down, but dean is a hero and not a coward

https://twitter.com/deanjnorris/status/999149383038971904

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

MasterSitsu posted:

There are tools to check if you're shadow banned or reply deboosted, etc.

Musk's own pet-reinstated accounts are currently shadowbanned. I suppose Elon should step down!

I never knew about that but just today I searched for “Loomer” and the suggestion / autocomplete thing didn’t show me anything but as soon as I hit search she was the top hit.

I know they always say not to touch the poop but loomer has open DMs… I spent far too long wondering if I could long con her like the CAIR thing but I’m not smart or committed enough, so I just sent goatse.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/MattBinder/status/1601033760639946752

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
its funny as poo poo that trump hasnt tweeted anything since getting unbanned. constantly owning elon is some of his best work

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/AriDrennen/status/1601026876046475264

Stonehouse Beach
Feb 8, 2019

DRINK ME posted:

I never knew about that but just today I searched for “Loomer” and the suggestion / autocomplete thing didn’t show me anything but as soon as I hit search she was the top hit.

I know they always say not to touch the poop but loomer has open DMs… I spent far too long wondering if I could long con her like the CAIR thing but I’m not smart or committed enough, so I just sent goatse.

o7

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
Just wild giving two pet journalists access to internal systems.

Look at the sidebar and imagine them just crawling through their enemies accounts, and at the same time firing the head lawyer dude who might have raised some concerns over this big brained idea.

Sylvian Wastes
Jan 3, 2022

by Hand Knit

DRINK ME posted:

Look at the sidebar and imagine them just crawling through their enemies accounts, and at the same time firing the head lawyer dude who might have raised some concerns over this big brained idea.

Corporate lawyers probably have nightmares about what's currently unfolding at twitter happening at their workplace.

I look at that internal systems screen, and I just imagine every lawyer on twitter is following this pretty closely out of horrified fascination.

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!
https://twitter.com/spdustin/status/1601053327567249409

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

This whole thing just gets dumber the more I see of it (yes, I verified that my monitor was turned on)

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

DRINK ME posted:

so, I know DMs on twitter arent encrypted or anything, but does the admin control panel literally have a button on the left to access any user's private messages with a single click?

(also what the gently caress is "guano" on the left there)

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
you should definitely assume so

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

ymgve posted:

so, I know DMs on twitter arent encrypted or anything, but does the admin control panel literally have a button on the left to access any user's private messages with a single click?

(also what the gently caress is "guano" on the left there)

Yes, and its been known and abused before.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Yeah wasn't one of Musky's idle thoughts to add E2E encryption to twitter DMs? He never will because then he can't read em or pass them along to his nazi gently caress friends.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Chrpno posted:

Sooo is it pronounced Eelon, or Ellon?

Chrpno posted:

Is it pronounced Maask, or Moosk?

In the International Phonetic Alphabet: "fʌk stɪk"

The Butcher posted:

Not being allowed to say or imply killing is obviously important from a forums CYA perspective.

That's why I encourage his Mars mission as strongly as possible. It's science and discovery. Human achievement.

We can start with a moon base project if that's still too challenging.

I encourage the planet Mars to send an envoy to Earth in the form of de-orbited space debris, to greet Lonnie personally and with body-vaporizing kinetic energy.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
they almost certainly sell DM data and someone had to tell him after he pitched the idea (his only good idea so far )

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

thathonkey posted:

you should definitely assume so

BRB gonna DM everyone I can that Steve from SpaceX told me Elon was planning to go up in a Dragon capsule, but when he got in the simulator for the first time, he had a panic attack and peed his pants and now he's too scared to get in again and needs someone to hold his hand when he gets close to it and 75% of the time he also pees his pants again.

Let's see how long anyone named a variation of Steve lasts there now...

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Just checking out the Guano/Batshit category in my admin panel

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Clicking the Guano tab actually allows the US government to take control of the user's twitter account under the Guano Islands Act

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Oh brother I can’t wait to see what he flags as “hate speech”

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

ymgve posted:

You should definitely buy crypto on twitter when they roll that poo poo out.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Guess who is under a consent decree about user privacy and protecting it against unauthorized disclosure to third parties!

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Yeah so Elon gave some reporters access to millions of peoples DMs, IP addresses, etc

Class action?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Withnail posted:

Yeah so Elon gave some reporters access to millions of peoples DMs, IP addresses, etc

Class action?

"reporters" are a bit of a stretch

they're more of weirdo conservative poo poo-stirrers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Withnail posted:

Class action?

I'd imagine this is the kind of thing EU lawyers dream of happily late at night.