Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

BigglesSWE posted:

You’re not wrong but I’m legit surprised that Trump hasn’t caved. I thought he’d be chomping at the bit to get back to Twitter and ditch his fake-Twitter faster than he’d ditch a political ally, but I guess spiteful rage can temper his impulse control.

Permanent old man rage is a thing, and Twitter not only banned him but helped cost him his coup. His lizard brain understands that whether or not he does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

jesus gently caress, thats some mr burns energy poo poo right there.

kw0134 posted:

The goal of Twitter is to not be the main character for the day. Musk paid $20+ billion out of his own pocket to be the permanent main character.

yeah, he is too insecure and hosed up narsstic to realize that being the main character won't make him loved.

ProperCoochie posted:

Yeah, at the core of it, it's this. They're pissed off that the world isn't like it was when they were 8 years old. Childbrain is essential for conservative existence.

i think alot of it is "i peaked in the 80s/90s/early aughts and why dont people clap for everything i do anymore"

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

What drives him crazy is unlike his embarrassing Fat Guy On A Boat photos, is he cant do anything about not being funny

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
He's now only the 2nd richest guy in the world so he's really having a day

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

I wouldn't say musk isn't funny, it's just not intentional funny

Elon420DogeLord
Nov 22, 2022

Hey there, I'm one of you posters! Always online! Likeable!

TulliusCicero posted:

I love that Elon's twitter AV has clearly been photoshopped to hell and back because the guy in real life has the skin texture of an oatmeal raisin cookie made from a car tire.

loving paywalled liberals in a hug zone questioning my skin texture when I spend more on skin care than Jeffrey From The NSA spent on your stupid loving website?

you're probably poor. concerning

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

BigglesSWE posted:

You’re not wrong but I’m legit surprised that Trump hasn’t caved. I thought he’d be chomping at the bit to get back to Twitter and ditch his fake-Twitter faster than he’d ditch a political ally, but I guess spiteful rage can temper his impulse control.

Trump does not play a supporting role or willingly take second place behind anyone. It would have been fine if Twitter was owned by a generic boring rich guy who kept quiet like Jack Dorsey, but this is clearly Elon's circus now. Trump isn't going to be a poor abused bear riding a bicycle for the crowd's amusement.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

kazil posted:

I wouldn't say musk isn't funny, it's just not intentional funny

We are laughing at him not with him, that doesn't make him funny that makes him the biggest loser on Earth.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

ProperCoochie posted:

Yeah, at the core of it, it's this. They're pissed off that the world isn't like it was when they were 8 years old. Childbrain is essential for conservative existence.

The really lovely part is that the world isn't getting any more complicated, the person observing it is just getting older and experiencing more of it. It was always complex, they just didn't realize it at the time. For them to think back nostalgically to a time when the world was "simple" means deliberately reverting to the solipsistic existence they had at 8 when the worst hardship they had to deal with was when Mom made that gross casserole for dinner.

They'll never forgive the world for existing independently of them. In their mind it's the world that's at fault, they started it.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

MrQwerty posted:

initially it was about roid rage but it turned out it was a mix of both, because both together are basically holding cobras and taunting both at the same time

edit: if Elon has a real humiliation fetish, like Cruz level, he should buy a sports team and micromanage it

too late for him to buy the Mets

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

https://twitter.com/DavidDTSS/status/1602292397609738240

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Data Graham posted:

"I want the world to be simple"
"I don't want to have to press 1 for English"
"I don't want to have to think about whether that guy I know is gay"
"I want there to only be white people"
"I want everyone to be Christian"
"I want there to only be two genders"

"If the world gets complicated in any way it means I have to think about things and that hurty breain. WORLD GOING DOWN THE TUBES"
These people aren't necessary looking for simplicity although it can be summarized that way. The Reawakening absolutely poisoned American sentiments for going on a century now. A doctrine of Christian sin defining many people's moral compass distills into an idea that you can't be all of happy, yourself, and Christianly. They see all these LGBTQ+ people being themself and being happy and just don't understand why they get that privilege and obviously while they are being themself they are indulging in the pedophilic, rapey, or murdery vices that they think everyone has because those are the thoughts they are busy suppressing.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

BigglesSWE posted:

In his mind Twitter became a failing fake news site for losers the moment he got banned. Being allowed back on at the whim of some fake billionaire nerd is an insult. Trump would never come crawling back (like a dog!)

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

zedprime posted:

These people aren't necessary looking for simplicity although it can be summarized that way. The Reawakening absolutely poisoned American sentiments for going on a century now. A doctrine of Christian sin defining many people's moral compass distills into an idea that you can't be all of happy, yourself, and Christianly. They see all these LGBTQ+ people being themself and being happy and just don't understand why they get that privilege and obviously while they are being themself they are indulging in the pedophilic, rapey, or murdery vices that they think everyone has because those are the thoughts they are busy suppressing.

OK how about :

"I want the world to be simple and everyone to follow these neat rules"
"Not me though, I'm special"

Kale
May 14, 2010

:lol: This is legit some solid conservative joke satire.

Merton Blask
Jun 30, 2008

So it's true! Mysterio is
gay for sex... with me?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
At least one person is having a stroke and I'm worried it's me.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Splicer posted:

At least one person is having a stroke and I'm worried it's me.

It's ok just go log by bolb

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

:vince:

Kale
May 14, 2010

Zzulu posted:

I don't really understand what the threat of trans people are

Since I know we have tons of transfolk here on SA maybe someone can succintly describe why it terrifies some people so much. It seems like such a non problem and it's weird how much discourse is spent on the subject in America

I remember John Oliver sort of covering this absolute obsession with LGBT stuff among conservatives and noting that the same guy that worked on popularizing the grievance against CRT and feeding conservatives talking points about it had been working hard at doing the same thing again LGBT people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Rufo

Here's his wiki page. As far as I can tell the LGBT thing is basically the sequel to the CRT scare and he more or less wrote the script to follow for it as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns8NvPPHX5Y&t=451s

Here's the part of the segment where Oliver starts talking about and explaining Rufo. It was kind of an eye opener and made so much sense that of course it's the same guy and that's why all the Conservative bleats about LGBT people from everywhere all at once sound like they are coming from the same playbook, because they are.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

the holy poopacy posted:

Elon nuked the account that Gizmodo had linked in their article. One more bot down I guess :confuoot:

:lol:

Dude so fragile because his face is made of plastic

"Post in this thread everytime you lol that Elon Musk has had more Gender Affirming Surgeries than the average trans person"

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Dec 12, 2022

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

kw0134 posted:

The goal of Twitter is to not be the main character for the day. Musk paid $20+ billion out of his own pocket to be the permanent main character.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, he is too insecure and hosed up narsstic to realize that being the main character won't make him loved.

Not only that, I also think that he’s too broke-brained at this point to realize that when you insert yourself into every goddamn thing, that only will it not win you over the adoration you so desperately crave, but if anything it’s going to make people absolutely sick of you and your bullshit eventually. And if Trump has taught us anything, you can even reach a point where your bootlickers even start to get a little tired of it.

Like, Twitter can't just be the stupid hellsite I go to for news, funny takes from some people and lots of unintentional outrage. At least in my mind it's just so irrevocably tied up tight with that stupid apartheid man-baby.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

lmao and thats why I left it in

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

learnincurve posted:

middle and upper class gay men which is the one group who could really stomp down hard and make a difference but very very few of them do because they are loving pussies

To be fair, no they are not.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

learnincurve posted:

The elephant in the room is that the LGBT+ community is just riddled with this gently caress you got mine attitude, especially from middle and upper class gay men which is the one group who could really stomp down hard and make a difference but very very few of them do because they are loving pussies who hide behind "this is a women's issue and nothing to do with me".

There are either terfs claiming to be middle aged lesbians or there are a bunch of terfs who are middle aged lesbians who want to pull the ladder up behind them and have nothing to do with trans people

I have gotten into repeated Twitter slapfights with terfs who get super mad if you say something like “i am shocked how many terfs are lgb folk who want to pull the ladder up behind them and have no solidarity with trans people”

Britain has some fuckin’ ISSUES and i am unsure why

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

rotinaj posted:

Britain has some fuckin’ ISSUES and i am unsure why
Elizabeth I and Victoria

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

the holy poopacy posted:

Elon nuked the account that Gizmodo had linked in their article. One more bot down I guess :confuoot:

Goddamn, what a thin-skinned little bitch. No worries, the article author made sure to upload all the videos to his Youtube account.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:eyepop:

Holy poo poo

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Goddamn, what a thin-skinned little bitch. No worries, the article author made sure to upload all the videos to his Youtube account.

Skin so thin because he's had so many surgeries he's a few steps away from becoming a Cenobyte

All to have wierd pouty big mouth Billy Bass lips and a face stretched like a trampoline

Rich people are wild man

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

:lmao:

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
IM NOT A SHEEPLE I scream into every void while falling into one of my own creation

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Treecko posted:

IM NOT A SHEEPLE I scream into every void while following someone into one of their own creation

ftfy

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
I can’t believe I am saying this, but I am actually going to give Trump a little bit of credit. For all the time that he spent on Twitter, he didn’t give us daily proof that he was scrolling around specifically looking at mentions of him just to help prop up or defend his laughably fragile ego. Elon meanwhile can’t help but insert himself into conversations everywhere whenever his name pops up, mainly with sycophants but also with critics.

EDIT: Augh, bad post. As several posters have rightfully pointed out, I do not in fact have to hand it to Trump at all, and am definitely not remembering things well at all considered I managed to forget:

Almost Smart posted:

He had Whitehouse staff print out favorable tweets and deliver them to him, which he in turn read with more gusto than his intelligence briefings.

Yeah, nevermind. Technological literacy does not make one shithead better than the other.

IBroughttheFunk fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Dec 12, 2022

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
You can make any number of points about Trump that put him on a level above Musk

This does not give him any credit

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

Data Graham posted:

The really lovely part is that the world isn't getting any more complicated, the person observing it is just getting older and experiencing more of it. It was always complex, they just didn't realize it at the time. For them to think back nostalgically to a time when the world was "simple" means deliberately reverting to the solipsistic existence they had at 8 when the worst hardship they had to deal with was when Mom made that gross casserole for dinner.

They'll never forgive the world for existing independently of them. In their mind it's the world that's at fault, they started it.

Yes exactly. They can't even accept that because it means at one point they were "less than". They are stunted. For conservatives, everything is image and surface, they seem mostly unaware that substance, depth, or z-coordinates even exist. Figuratively and literally. Like a flat earther that looks around and thinks "it sure looks flat to me!" and thinks that immediately outsmarts millions of scientists and their data across thousands of years. But never questioning what would the earth look like if it actually were round.

Tldr: conservatives = poo poo for brains.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

IBroughttheFunk posted:

I can’t believe I am saying this, but I am actually going to give Trump a little bit of credit. For all the time that he spent on Twitter, he didn’t give us daily proof that he was scrolling around specifically looking at mentions of him just to help prop up or defend his laughably fragile ego. Elon meanwhile can’t help but insert himself into conversations everywhere whenever his name pops up, mainly with sycophants but also with critics.

Trump spent every morning of every day he was president on the toilet watching Fox and Friends waiting for them to mention him, wrong.

You do not, in fact, have to give him credit; nor did he do what you are accusing him of.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

IBroughttheFunk posted:

EDIT: As several posters have pointed out, I do not in fact have to hand it to him, and am definitely misremembering things.

He had Whitehouse staff print out favorable tweets and deliver them to him, which he in turn read with more gusto than his intelligence briefings.

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit

MrQwerty posted:

Trump spent every morning of every day he was president on the toilet watching Fox and Friends waiting for them to mention him, wrong.

You do not, in fact, have to give him credit; nor did he do what you are accusing him of.

Weird chuds love a villain of the week, and immediately start saying that the Previous Bad Guy was in fact not-so-bad by comparison. It's like clockwork.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Nothing this boring unfunny gently caress will ever post will be as funny as MANY SUCH CASES, .WE, DO SOMETHING!!!!, or REMEMBER SAILOR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

TulliusCicero posted:

Nothing this boring unfunny gently caress will ever post will be as funny as MANY SUCH CASES, .WE, DO SOMETHING!!!!, or REMEMBER SAILOR

I'll keep drinking that garbage